Oh! Master / Oh! My Lady Lord 오! 주인님 [2021]

Tofu

On 5/5/2021 at 3:27 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Why am I still watching this drama ? What went wrong ? Plot maybe. The unexplained reason why the ML must die . The weird pacing . 

Hahahahahaha I ask myself this question every week, and more than once per episode. I don't have the answer because I still find myself watching on, and hoping for something to click where the genre ROM-COM is concerned. My "bias" take (at least for me) would be that we are watching on because of the main leads, the main OTP. I've been waiting for this pairing ever since they've confirmed taking on this project. Now I don't care what the ending will be or where the plot will lead me/us. I am not giving up because I've come this far! 

Still, Nana and LMK make the watching enjoyable, even when the plot sucks.

PS: I hope to see you two pair up again in a future project, a better project. Saranghaeyo!:heart:

One factor is becoming clearer and clearer through the years (to me): K-authors are lousy at endings or toward endings. Though not all of them, there are many of them I'd put in this "basket". They could start a story well, and they could reel viewers in without any problem, but as the plot develops toward the end (or should I say "go haywire" lol), it seems we have case after case of too many hands/heads spoiling the broth, perhaps? Or, disruption by external forces? 

I just feel so bad for the cast when such a case happens, as it clearly is with "Oh My Ladylord". :cry:Writernim Jo Jin Kook was the same writer who brought us "Soulmate" which I loved immensely even though I discovered and watched it (in 2015) almost a decade after it had created a storm (2006)! His most recent project "Lonely Enough to Love" was quite a letdown, but once again I made it to the end because of the main leads. What a far cry from Soulmate LEtL and OML have been! I'd hoped writernim would do better with Nana and LMK, but... :shocked2:

:love:

@Tofu I resisted (for a long while) the temptation to respond to your "call" for opinion. But, as you can see, I could no longer hold it in... lol. :popcorn:

Lastly, I too want to find out what the heck is wrong with HBS. Did that white truck of doom really hit him? Are we watching a fantasy genre, not a rom-com? Is he really dying? Or are we to hope for a "rebirth" or "reawakening" of sorts from the clue of 49 days?:thinking:

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Current Faves: Undercover & Mine & Bossam (Kdramas); The Handmaid's Tale (US Drama)l  

Watching: A Good Supper, Court Lady...  Waiting: Red Sky, Love (Season 2), Penthouse (Season 3)...  

@abs-oluteM @oppasaranghaeyo -- Did you both managed to watch the last two episodes this week? 

There were so many plot changes throughout the drama that I'm glad it remained true to the 49 days arc. I think I would have been upset if the drama took us on an emotional roller coaster ride just to "test" the characters. 

@SilverMoonTea - This is what happened to Han Bi Soo. 

Spoiler

The ending was as satisfying as it could be given the circumstances. Everyone got a happy ending besides the main couple, but even then, it wasn't all that unhappy. Bi Soo is now spending his days with the person he loves most, his mom (and dad). Joo In continues to live out her dreams after receiving so much love from Han Bi Soo. Yu Jin finally accepted where he stands in his relationship with Joo In. The side couples are doing great -- the manager and the writing assistant are going to have a baby girl soon. 

I think when you have My Love By My Side as your theme song, it's inevitable that it will be sad. :idk:

Speaking of My Love By My Side, here's one of my current cover of this song that was recently released. =)

Maybe they will release the one with Nana too. She sang it in the last episode -- I was hoping Lee Min Ki joined in but he didn't. :nervous:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, abs-oluteM said:

Thanks @Tofu for the recaps . 
I am still wondering about the reason for all this :pandablank:. I will put this writer on my ban list 

In the last episode, the person who saved him was his biological father. When Han Bi Soo was struck by a truck, his dad extended his life because he didn't want Bi Soo to be like him -- not being able to express his love and feel the warmth of being loved back. It was also for selfish reasons -- he wanted Bi Soo to by his mom's side before she dies. 

And yes to banning this writer for life!! :pandarage2:

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2021 at 9:47 AM, Tofu said:

In the last episode, the person who saved him was his biological father. When Han Bi Soo was struck by a truck, his dad extended his life because he didn't want Bi Soo to be like him -- not being able to express his love and feel the warmth of being loved back. It was also for selfish reasons -- he wanted Bi Soo to by his mom's side before she dies. 

And yes to banning this writer for life!! 

http://koalasplayground.com/2021/05/18/

mbs-drama-oh-my-ladylord-wraps-with-universal-piling-on-as-the-worst-drama-so-far-in-2021/

Haha seems not only us saying this drama bad, bad and bad... 

• Haha 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif