The Silent Sea / Sea of Silence 고요의 바다 [2021]

ktcjdrama

On 12/10/2021 at 5:55 PM, mademoiselle said:

LOLLL this won't be another zombie show right? After watching the trailer, this thought popped into my mind :laugh: zombies on the moon.

Yes @Tofu Gong Yoo Oppa has tattoo on his neck.

I would love zombies on the moon :pandawhat:

On 12/22/2021 at 5:33 PM, Chocolate said:

Looks like Gong Yoo and Bae Doona are having fun 😂

Thoe ugly IG photos made me laugh.

I saw the trailer and I'm into this. Looking forward to Netflix dropping this series. :wow:

• Party! 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

I've watched the first two episodes. From the opening theme and what's revealed so far, whatever it is that caused the death, it has something to do with the body losing water. :thinking: The government must know something about it that's why they requested Professor Song, an astro-biologist to go with the team.

Gong Yoo Oppa looks hot but for now he's one grumpy Team Leader. LOL.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
12 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Oh no! 2/5???

I've read a lot of the writer's articles before and some of the dramas he liked are questionable and some that he disliked, I thought, were well written. His taste is really different from mine so he's probably the last person I'd go to if I want to read a review. Hahaha!

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

BTS... hopefully they will release more, though recalling the dearth of BTSes for Kingdom, I am not very hopeful...

• Like 3

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros

I binged it since yesterday. Tbh, it was a bit hard to get into it in the first episode. Especially the crash landing part and foot journey to Balhae Station. However, once they’re inside  Balhae, I started enjoying the thrill and suspense. The cliffhangers are all so good that you just want to click next. Great acting by everyone, especially Bae Doona. But oh man… don’t open the spoiler below if you don’t want to be majorly spoiled

Spoiler

Almost everyone died. I hate this kind of story.

So sad seeing what happened to Soo Chan. It was scary watching it because we don’t know yet what is causing him like that. But I gotta say it’s like a deja-vu to another kdrama The Guest. Those who have watched it will know what I’m talking about, lol…

I somehow knew the co-pilot will be a problem. This actor always play the bad guy, sigh… Because Lee Joon is listed as the main role, I had guessed he would have a bigger role into the story, and true enough. Why didn’t anyone scolded him for firing at Luna though? Gosh, when her leg was caught in the door, I cringed in pain with her.

I am not clear about why Captain Han had to do what he did at the end though… Anyway, the ending… it was

Spoiler

rather hanging in the air like that? So what’s the main story about? A perilous adventure in space? We are introduced to the water shortage problem on the earth, so is it resolved with Lunar water? How? I kinda want to know that. Did Capt. Han died or not? It’s not clear.

Well, it was a good engaging watch, but I doubt I will revisit.

• Like 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I actually binged all 8 episodes in one sitting early this week. While it took time to set the stage, I enjoyed it pretty much, and was often kept at the edge of my seat, peeking from between my fingers in some scenes. Overall an ambitious project that delivers on a whole... I can believe that they are really stranded in a mysterious station where danger lurks, be it from the elements or the more human presence. The open end does not quite explain the fate of the survivors, particularly Luna, nor the change in situation on Earth - is Dir. Choi checked as a result of this outcome? Also, we see the photo of what appears to be the original Luna from whom the rest were cloned on Dir. Choi's desk - what happened to her, and what was her relationship with Dir. Choi?

All this leaves an open door for S2, though I would be fine too if this serves as its conclusion. 

I spoke too soon. Another BTS released.

• Like 5

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros

17 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am not clear about why Captain Han had to do what he did at the end though… Anyway, the ending… it was

Hide contents

rather hanging in the air like that? So what’s the main story about? A perilous adventure in space? We are introduced to the water shortage problem on the earth, so is it resolved with Lunar water? How? I kinda want to know that. Did Capt. Han died or not? It’s not clear.

Captain Han

Spoiler

He had to stay back because the flooding water caused some imbalance in pressure so he had to stay back to "release" the pressure of the sort so that the other door to outside can be opened. What is unclear for me was when did Luna shed off all of her gear and ran out...? Did Luna save Han Yun Jae or he flew out of the door when the whole thing exploded?

He most definitely died (which is sad coz I do want him to reunite with his daughter).

As for lunar water, Song Ji An wanted to take Luna and lunar water elsewhere in space that is neutral in politics so that no countries and continue with the study as right now taking lunar water back will endanger earth since they don't know how to properly control it yet.

@liddi Maybe that was her daughter (who died) but she preserved her DNA and used it to clone more Luna?

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2