• Others, you can share more in thread
  3. 3. Ending of the Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol will be:

• Start with wedding, end with wedding of Jun & Rara
    • Time jump before the happy ending of Jun & Rara
    • Ambiguous ending
    • Separation ending
    • Others, you can share more in thread

This poll is closed to new votes

The twinkle star guy that rara planned to meet, I wonder who could it be? I mean it is also part of the title name. Her dad perhaps? She was asked to hide by the secretary ahjussi and didnt attend her dad funeral? 

And I guess Jun is someone that knows her long before but rara doesn't know. His reaction when he brought the flowers feels like a bit too much of just first sight admiration. Is he tje guy who at the back watching her last graduation concert? 

And why is doctor cha hiding the truth from rara's ex husband to be about him meeting her in the hospital. Btw he is in Doctor Kim sabu 2 and IONTOBO!! And he looks totally so young compared to the previous drama? Is it because of the missing mustache and his bangs style. Anyway, I like him here better. Hahaha

Our Jun will feed Rara and be her maid for a while. Lols. It's how they'll end up falling to each other. I mean they're falling in love right now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Oh, interesting. I actually took this scene as Jun was being a bit sarcastic about it, though not annoyed. But what made it funny was that RR didn't see any humor or sarcasm in what Jun had said. Instead, RR agrees that Jun has to go work to make money to lend her. ROFL

I guess it is a scene out of SKL where Louis is thoughtless spender, but BS never loses her temper with him, even though she does make him return his purchases and makes him do chores for spending money.

I guess the difference for me is that BS was a bit of a naive country girl with a big heart.  Jun, however, is definitely not naive nor an innocent boy, though he does have a big heart. That's why I thought his remark was a bit sarcastic, though his delivery isn't. Plus, he's not unwilling to cover the expenses that RR is wracking up.

But, totally agree with your last point that she trusts him absolutely, and he's become very protective of her.

Maybe he is a little sarcastic as well, especially the second line when he goes, "Ohhhh" after Rara tells him to earn more money to lend her. I took it the way I did as a whole with the additional comment from the little girl's mom and he was shown doing all the part-time jobs that happened to has relation to what she asks for (then he can get free sample [and probably staff discount] as well as earn money rather than spending more).

Jun may know more about Rara's background than we are currently let on which is why he's protective and help her. Of course he's also fell for her at first sight. I have a feeling something from their past may tie them back together and explain his behaviour.

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

I don't find LJW to be terribly handsome, but there is something compelling about him that keeps me watching him in his various roles. The hot bod that @SilverMoonTea requires in her oppas is a definite for him, of course, but the acting talent is such that I'll actually take a chance on a drama that he's in even if it might otherwise sound meh.

LJW is definitely one of those rookies that really stand out, especially as you said he wasn't terribly handsome type or a flower boy. He doesn't even seem green or stiff at all considering he's so new in the acting industry. It's definitely curious as to just how far he will go from now on.

1 hour ago, Alice Wonderland said:

The twinkle star guy that rara planned to meet, I wonder who could it be? I mean it is also part of the title name. Her dad perhaps? She was asked to hide by the secretary ahjussi and didnt attend her dad funeral? 

Ohhhh interesting. You think her dad fake his death? It's possible. I'm also wondering if the secretary plotted to take over/sold the company... coz the actor is Ahn Nae Sang (he plays villain really well too). There is a haraboji actor Lee Soon Jae who is also a mysterious man in that little village.

Is he tje guy who at the back watching her last graduation concert? 

Yeah I think that's Jun.

Btw he is in Doctor Kim sabu 2 and IONTOBO!! And he looks totally so young compared to the previous drama? Is it because of the missing mustache and his bangs style. Anyway, I like him here better. Hahaha

Hahaha before IONTOBO, he was in Romantic Doctor 2 and plays an annoying character, LOL. He's going to a sweet guy here I think.

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Like 2

I like the whole scenes when Jun feeds her and takes care of her in the hospital. All the annoyance and "ooh" he shows her just shows how he likes her more and more. I believe it is not love at first sight. He must have watched her long before and be her secret admirer? 

25 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

Ohhhh interesting. You think her dad fake his death? It's possible. I'm also wondering if the secretary plotted to take over/sold the company... coz the actor is Ahn Nae Sang (he plays villain really well too). There is a haraboji actor Lee Soon Jae who is also a mysterious man in that little village.

It's still a wild guess. Cuz the same reason you mentioned that ANS is best at being evil character. Lol. If her dad really died then I believe he has a hidden saving or wealth that trusted to someone in order to pass it on Rara.

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 3

Btw he is in Doctor Kim sabu 2 and IONTOBO!! And he looks totally so young compared to the previous drama? Is it because of the missing mustache and his bangs style. Anyway, I like him here better. Hahaha

When I first read this, I thought you meant Lee Jae Wook was in those dramas, and I was wondering how I could have missed them. LOL But, then I realized that you were talking about Dr. Cha - Kim Joo Hun. He was the MY's publisher in IONTBO. I prefer him here as well.

17 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

This drama does have its share of venerable veterans! I've seen Ahn Nae Sang play the benevolent teach a lot as well though (Sungkyungkwan Scandal, Monstar), so I'm hoping he's not a villain.

The question of whether RR's father really died is an interesting one, but I tend to think that he either died or he is in a coma somewhere. There is no way that RR's father would let RR fend on her own.

I am curious as to who called her to Eun Pyo, though. I originally had thought that it might have been Jun himself, but I'm not sure any more.

23 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

LJW is definitely one of those rookies that really stand out, especially as you said he wasn't terribly handsome type or a flower boy. He doesn't even seem green or stiff at all considering he's so new in the acting industry. It's definitely curious as to just how far he will go from now on.

I think he'll have a long career as an actor. The question for me was whether he would ever become the lead and then continue to be cast as a lead actor versus being second lead or supporting all the time.

• Like 3

@Alice Wonderland If Rara and Jun met before when they are younger, then maybe it's not love at first sight. Or the love at first sight happened at the piano performance, not the wedding. What's for sure is he's definitely mesmerised by her in the wedding dress. How can any guy not, she does look pretty in that scene.

I'm going to guess that eventually Rara might get Rara Cosmetics back, as the rightful owner. Whether or not she'll run the company is another matter.

@stroppyse Ahn Nae Sang can swing both ways coz he's a versatile veteran. Oh man, I just realised. He's every where right now. He's the annoying rude director in 18 Again who wants to get rid of the FL and he's also in More Than Friends playing Ong Seong Wu's father. In Dol Sol La, Wikipedia said he disappeared after the incident. Curious.

At first I thought it was Dr. Cha who called Rara to Eun Pyo. But it didn't seem like him since he's surprised to see her too. Jun was hiding and keeps a distance with people so I didn't think it will be him. So my last suspect is haraboji, if not Ahn Nae Sang or Dad. Though I think dad is likely to have died otherwise isn't it a crime to fake death?

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

He's the annoying rude director in 18 Again who wants to get rid of the FL

Oh he is!! I want to give him a big non stop punch whenever he said something about disgracing the face of JBC. Lol

I haven't watched MTF. So dunno how and probably will ANS again here then. 

Probably so, he met her at the piano concert. And I love the wedding dress scenes of them. Aww... the vibe feels like a manhwa set. And the lines they had are simple but cute. 

The only thing she could return her debts are two options. 

1. She becomes rich again. And be his girlfriend.

2. She gets a job as pianist finally and be his girlfriend. Lol

So which one do u think. Hahaha

Btw @stroppyse don't you watch 18 again?? :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
34 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

The only thing she could return her debts are two options. 

1. She becomes rich again. And be his girlfriend.

2. She gets a job as pianist finally and be his girlfriend. Lol

So which one do u think.

I read the character descriptions on weibo so it has a bit more information. Rara will open up a piano school in Eun Pyo first. However, I think maybe both... either she gets her rightful wealth back or through Jun's family.

• Like 3

@Alice Wonderland, I'm not up to date on 18 Again. Got a little busy and had to put dramas on hold for a bit, and haven't gone back to it yet.

7 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

I read the character descriptions on weibo so it has a bit more information. Rara will open up a piano school in Eun Pyo first. However, I think maybe both... either she gets her rightful wealth back or through Jun's family.

Jun has already suggested to RR that she open a piano school in the next episode preview, so think she will do that anyway. And, she will become Jun's girlfriend. No idea about the wealth until we find out more about Jun's background, I think.

29 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I really think the gown is so beautiful, and Go Ara really pretty. I think both LJW and SWJ got swooned haha... 

For some reason, it made me think of Hospital Playlist where she is an ex-gf of Ik Jun. Not sure why. However, her cameo in that drama was actually very good and funny.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

For some reason, it made me think of Hospital Playlist where she is an ex-gf of Ik Jun. Not sure why. However, her cameo in that drama was actually very good and funny.

And in that drama she met her husband to be here. Lol. Her runaway husband is the resident doctor in that drama.

I wonder who is Jun? Perhaps he is actually the son of a wealthy family as well. I guess the men who chased him are the hired gangs to get him back to someone. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

And in that drama she met her husband to be here. Lol. Her runaway husband is the resident doctor in that drama.

I wonder who is Jun? Perhaps he is actually the son of a wealthy family as well. I guess the men who chased him are the hired gangs to get him back to someone. 🤔

Ohmygosh, you're so right! That's why I was thinking of Hospital Playlist! Her runaway groom was the chief resident there.

Jun is definitely the son of a wealthy man. His "mother" is the one who hired those guys to retrieve him before his father came back into town. I think that's why his "mother" is only legally his mother, meaning the wife of his father, rather than his actual mother. Jun's family also seems to own the hospital that Dr. Cha and the groom worked at, going by Jun's "mother's" comments to the runaway groom's mother at the wedding.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

Treats for everyone & @SilverMoonTea

He does have a nice upper body, both front and back, doesn't he?  :laugh:

I'm not sure that I would start screaming my head off if I woke to find his naked body that close to me. I might yelp from being startled, but the poor man might get attacked rather than screamed at...

I think it's hilarious though that in kdramas when the faucet goes out, you rinse off with bottled drinking water. It's actually pretty pragmatic, I guess. How else would one rinse off?

Thanks for the goodies @mademoisellesia!

• Haha 5

I think I'm actually hooked on this drama. Go Ara is actually very likeable as the rather naive, happy go lucky Goo Ra Ra, and her relationship with Jun is very cute. They are already clearly seeking each other out, and prefer not to be out of each other's sight, if possible.

RR following Jun from part-time job to part-time job is actually hilarious, and the high schooler Ha Young who has a crush on Jun is funny as she gets outraged over Jun's protectiveness of RR, and RR's frank admiration of Jun. Instead of HY being annoying, it's actually kind of funny to watch her now. Though, I feel bad for her high school male friend who clearly likes her.

So, RR keeps mentioning how if only Jun had 2 rooms, then she would rather live with Jun. Though, right now, RR is renting a room from hairdresser ajumma, but it's not that comfortable for her. Jun even has to take Mimi since the ajumma is allergic to dogs. So, Jun designs partitions for his place. From the preview for the next episode, it seems as if RR may move in as Jun's roommate.

Something I remembered about this writer is that she has a way of acknowledging all the tired old tropes, and yet making them funny and endearing.

Unfortunately, Ahn Nae Sung does seem to be a bad guy in this drama after all. Too bad. But, he does do villains very well.

Also, the search for Jun by his "mother" is ramping up. She seems to fear Jun's father's return when Jun has left home, so more mystery there to resolve.

Not sure if I should do recaps on this drama or not. If anyone would like one, and I can do episode recaps. I'm enjoying this drama a lot more than I would have expected. Plus, I am definitely falling deeper into Lee Jae Wook's spell.

• Like 3

Ok So the first episode I was unsure of whether or not I'd like it... but now on episode 3 I'm suddenly really hooked on this drama and finding it super cute!!! I think I just needed the crazy events to be a tiny bit less crazy. And episode 3 was perfect in that sense - fun, great pacing, interesting story ideas, but not over the top. Also I'm really agreeing with you @stroppyse and others who have said Go Ara is doing a good job with making Rara likeable. At first I thought she'd be one of those spoilt needy but dumb type...but now I'm seeing her charms. And i was wondering why I liked her so much. all of a sudden. And it finally dawned on me. You know who she reminds me of? Cher from Clueless - it's that cute, not necessarily smart in the conventional sense, but smart in other ways, charming, happy-go-lucky, good intentions type of personality. :MewWave:

I already really love Lee Jae Wook too, so this is just adding to that love. He just has a warmth that I can't describe properly and he's a good actor and can hold his own with more seasoned actors. Funnily enough I started liking him from Extraordinary You which is a weird character to like him from because he was hella scary and abusive at the start and I really don't like those kind of characters. But the fact that I felt more sorry for him and was more interested in his story line that Haru's probably said something about the way he was able show the different complicated layers of his character's thoughts and feelings through his acting. :SquirtleNiceAhah:

There's lots of little things I'm liking from this series. Obviously there's the cuteness between the two main characters. Rara needs Jun. It's not necessarily in a romantic sense yet, but the two of them can't help but be cute to each other. I really like how when Jun asks her what she's doing, she just says "Thinking of you" without knowing the full impact it has on him. He literally stops in his tracks and tells her not to say that to him. Too cute! :heart:

I'm also really liking the mystery with Jun's background and why he's on the run from his 'family' or people searching for him. All this speculation about his skills and possible majors and then it turns out he never went to uni. Or did he? Not sure if he's trying to throw them off from finding out who he really is or if that explains why he does labor intensive jobs. On the other side of this is the mystery to do with Rara's social media person...and that last clip where it seems like she has a stalker...wondering if that's meant to be the same person.  :psweatduck:

Finally I like the hairdresser mum and the aunties at the salon. The way they spoofed how dramatic her life story was and said that her dad's secretary might be evil...and it turns out he is. These are the sort of fun and hijinks I love in a drama. Haha...so yes, I'll be here for the conversations for this one :BulbaOWO:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 10/11/2020 at 11:08 AM, mademoisellesia said:

Alhambra (Bad) → WWW (Good & Bad) → Extraordinary You (Bad). I know he is technically a good guy in WWW but half of him was still acting as the bad guy. So it feels like he's continuously played a villain. And the last was Extraordinary You which he was just going over the top losing temper left, right and center, so much so that I sometimes feel like if Dan Oh get together with him, he's going to abuse her that kind of scary bad (him kicking the furnitures and all). So Jun is perfect! I already liked what I see of this character from episode 1.

Haha, I have to say I think LJW can play complicated characters. I thought Baek Kyung was a very multi-layered character - like bad tempered and cruel at first, but then when you saw his real personality, it was actually like a child - lonely and forced to act in a way he didn't want to, but not knowing any other way to be. I find it fun to watch if an actor can take on a role like that and then come out doing a lead role afterwards!

On 10/11/2020 at 11:08 AM, mademoisellesia said:

I think many of these guys who were mesmerised by Rara saw her at the performance playing Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars, I believe that includes Jun as we saw from the epilogue, someone looks like Jun was sitting on the top, side level and smiles. Rara definitely left a strong impression on Dr. Cha since that day + he knows she's supposed to be wife to friend. I think he didn't tell him because he was being protective, knowing nothing will come out good from telling the friend.

For Jun, I just love he's so automatically become Rara's maid. I am bemused when he said it with such matter-of-fact casual tone (not at all annoyed) to Rara, "To lend you money I have to go do part-time job" which can be interpreted as he's doing more part-time jobs so that he can feed her, and she's all "Yes, do it..." without feeling an ounce of guilt. It's just hilarious. The best part I think is how natural it all fall into place for the both of them. There was no awkwardness at all. She automatically trust and relies on him and he takes her in without feeling burdensome.

That's a good point actually! I forgot all the guys were at her twinkle star performance. She literally stopped Dr Cha in his tracks with her performance. And I wonder if Jun remembers her from that (it's not very clear)

I'm really enjoying Jun and Rara's banter which is not really hard sarcasm, but kind of cute and teasing. He seems like such a softy and she seems so hilariously naive. But he's charmed by her and she does try her best to help him and not really be a burden (though she is) :GrowDerp:

On 10/11/2020 at 1:01 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

But what I like here is, since their 1st meeting it was already depicted that he's bewitched by her. He paused and blinking his eyes couple of times to look at the beautiful bride. It's also funny that he said later on, you were that pristine bride and now so dirty. For that very short period, Jun clearly haven't thinking straight. She said goodbye, and he don't want to be separated & said no. She's so going to get married! Ha! 

He might have seen her during the twinkle star performance, but I still think he mesmerized with the bride is totally a separated case here? 

I have to say I agree with this - I'm not sure if Jun remembers her from the performance (or at least they haven't really emphasised if he has), but he was definitely mesmerised by her looking like a bride. It's like he couldn't think straight when he saw her like that and he didn't want her to be marrying someone else, but there wasn't anything he could do about it!

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

On 10/11/2020 at 1:01 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

Dr. Cha, I guess stand no chance between them. For him I think the reason he curious about RR is because she's so carefree during Twinkle Star performance, it could inspired him to break from his old unhappy life. And now she want to help her as well. Both Dr. Cha & Jun surprisingly already at each other throat since the beginning. I was ROFL when he's stated how come the victim accident taking care of the perpetrator instead. And yes Jun already showed him who is the boss & the winner here haha... I also read somewhere Dr. Cha himself is an ex-pianist and will become the daddy long leg? But I was not too sure he's the do do sol la do? As there's 1 more guy photographer which we don't know his background at all yet. 

Oh I really didn't expect to like this cliche romcom so much, haha! The only MV I could find out, go & enjoy it. 

This is also a good theory on why Dr Cha is so charmed by Rara. I guess she's so carefree and different from his ex-wife. It also looks like in episode 3 maybe he's been sick and he might feel like he wasted his life doing things he didn't want to do. Whereas Rara just does what she wants all the time. Yep, I'm surprised Jun and Dr Cha are already tense. Wow, can't believe there's a 3rd guy. Wonder if he's the implied stalker at the end of episode 3.

On 10/11/2020 at 4:02 PM, stroppyse said:

I don't find LJW to be terribly handsome, but there is something compelling about him that keeps me watching him in his various roles. The hot bod that @SilverMoonTea requires in her oppas is a definite for him, of course, but the acting talent is such that I'll actually take a chance on a drama that he's in even if it might otherwise sound meh.

Yeah, I usually like the pretty boy look *ahem Jasper Liu ahem* and Lee Jae Wook isn't totally in that category BUT he has a lot of charisma and good acting skills and that kills me just as much as looks. The bod is also fine after seeing episode 2 XD I've also heard nice things about the way he interacts with fans who've run into him and I'm gone :heart:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

I'm continued to be amused how Jun is able to "build" Rara a room and afford a piano. I hope it's a second hand. LOL.

Ep3 continues to be fun and I love the scene where Rara plays piano for Lee Soon Jae. I don't have much to say about this episode except I wish to be like Rara - being able to Zzz when stressed, haha.

• Like 3

Such a cute episode.

Jun is so so whipped... :SquirtleNiceAhah: 

He's so worried for her safety... even going extra miles to purchase piano & create a room for her. Btw is he an architect or interior designer? Normal people can't make those floor plan easily, and he seems like a pro. 

I actually like that he seems don't have much reason to like her. He don't know her well, but just can't help to like her. Rara seems not falling for him yet, but when he talked to her in laundryroom about piano as her identity, she's clearly drawned into him by then. 

But I do have a bad feeling with Rara's prophecy that she will make him cry a river by her piano playing. I think this will come true! 

@JenL So maybe we will be dealing with serial killer / stalker or something? I can't help but rechecking again the genre of this drama, but it's romcom... haha... 

@mademoisellesia Agree, envy with Rara's simple mindedness (sleep even when stress :laugh:). And rofl when Jun said she can't be conman because she lack of complexity haha... 

@Alice Wonderland @stroppyse Have you watched it?  

I sincerely hope more people will tune to this drama, as its quite charming and I wasn't expecting it... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

3 hours ago, JenL said:

And i was wondering why I liked her so much. all of a sudden. And it finally dawned on me. You know who she reminds me of? Cher from Clueless - it's that cute, not necessarily smart in the conventional sense, but smart in other ways, charming, happy-go-lucky, good intentions type of personality.

Ohmygosh! That is so right on! Cher from Clueless was one of the few roles that I actually like Alicia Silverstone in! And actually, RR reminds me of Emma of Austen's novel. The story isn't the same, but the characterization of RR is very Emma-esque. However, in this drama, RR is going to be forced to grown up not just through romantic misunderstandings and entanglements but through having to live life in different socio-economic circumstances than she had enjoyed in her earlier years.

3 hours ago, JenL said:

Haha, I have to say I think LJW can play complicated characters. I thought Baek Kyung was a very multi-layered character - like bad tempered and cruel at first, but then when you saw his real personality, it was actually like a child - lonely and forced to act in a way he didn't want to, but not knowing any other way to be. I find it fun to watch if an actor can take on a role like that and then come out doing a lead role afterwards!

I totally agree with you about Baek Kyung. I eventually came to feel sorry for him, especially since his fictional persona that he was forced to wear is so different from his own self once he reaches awareness. 'Extraordinary You' was very interesting in its supposition of what if fictional characters could achieve awareness separate from their stories, especially, if they actually persist via different stories. Ultimately, too complicated, but an interesting story anyway with some great youthful acting.

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

He's so worried for her safety... even going extra miles to purchase piano & create a room for her. Btw is he an architect or interior designer? Normal people can't make those floor plan easily, and he seems like a pro. 

Those drawings were architectural drawings which made me think that he had studied architecture in school even if he didn't finish his degree.

So, I personally think that something happened while he was at university that caused him to leave his home, probably having to do with the legal mother. Looking forward to seeing what that might be.

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@Alice Wonderland @stroppyse Have you watched it?  

You mean this drama? I even wrote up a recap of episode 1 of this drama, and posted it earlier in the thread. I was even asking whether anyone wanted me to continue to write recaps, though they won't be live caps since my work prevents me from watching it live. So far, no takers, so not writing them. But I am really enjoying this drama.

Can't believe I forgot to mention RR's stalker. I'm not sure how creeped out to be about the stalker. I don't think it's either Jun or Dr. Cha, but that means that there is another significant character that we aren't aware of as yet. Also, don't know if the stalker is a guy or girl yet, just that the stalker is obsessed with RR. Also wondered if the stalker was the one who invited RR to Eun Pyo City.

Can't wait till after work to watch ep 4. Will be back then with more thoughts.

• Like 2

@stroppyse Haha ya I meant ep 3... I know you watched this drama and thanks for opening the thread... Eventhough only few of us, I'm happy with how's the discussion going on. Hope more ppl will join us...

I also not watching it live. I'm still working now that is midnight :nervous:

Yeah I also surprise Rara is so likeable & charming haha... Her character very one dimensional.

This drama really entertain me the most actually now... 

• Like 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

4 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I also not watching it live. I'm still working now that is midnight 

Oh no! You poor baby!

As for episode 3, I've watched it and thought it was super cute. Looking forward to watching episode 4 later tonight! Expect to have a lot to squeal about if the preview for ep 4 is anything to go by.

If anyone has seen episode 4 already and wants to give spoilers, please feel free to do so here!

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1