• Others, you can share more in thread
  3. 3. Ending of the Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol will be:

• Start with wedding, end with wedding of Jun & Rara
    • Time jump before the happy ending of Jun & Rara
    • Ambiguous ending
    • Separation ending
    • Others, you can share more in thread

This poll is closed to new votes

I have not watched the episode, it just got released on Netflix for me two minutes ago.

That being said, Netflix has the episode summary as: LaLa performs a dazzling duet with Jun by her side in spirit. Man Bob regains his health, and Eun Seok rediscovers love. 

Ahhh!! Will be back after watching this. 

• Like 3

Wtf was that ending? 

Spoiler

Ok so Lala thinks he’s DEAD for 5 years and all of sudden he shows up? He didn’t contact her at all because he wanted to be completely better????? Did I miss something here? Cause I started fast forwarding as soon as she thought he was dead. Wow. What a way to completely ruin a great drama.  That little throwaway reunion at the end was not satisfying at all. Wow. I think this goes down in history as one of the worst endings for me. Like jun said, I wish their happy ending just ended at the beach. Seriously I’m just left scratching my head. I was convinced they would get their happy ending, but not like this. Last time I felt burned by a dramas ending was cheese in the trap, but I think this one tops it. I still can’t get over the ending. Wtheck was the writer thinking? Wtheck was jun thinking? At this point he doesn’t deserve Lala. They should break up. Bah. 

Edited by Mapleoaks5
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
32 minutes ago, Mapleoaks5 said:

Wtf was that ending? 

It's pure emotional manipulation by the writer, while totally dropping character continuity.

Spoiler

I feel as if that ending was a kick in the teeth, as if to say "okay, here's your happy ending" but we're going to blow up all character continuity for the sake of one last minute reversal.

Not to mention, Grandpa dies offscreen during those 5 years that Jun is also away, and we get told of that by the TWD ladies. So, there isn't really much grieving for him.

There were some genuinely sad moments in the last episode, but it's all turned to outrage to realize how our emotions were deliberately played with for one last trope. And, that the writer and production felt that it would all be okay as long as it gave a final happy ending scene.

Jun plays dead for 5 years, and asks his mother to lie to LL for him, to tell her that he DIED! How sick is that? And so unlike the considerate Jun that we had come to know. He's afraid he's going to die, so he's going to put LL through that pain along with her regrets of not even knowing about it?  Worst boyfriend ever.

The one thing that I will say for this writer is that she likes to use all the old tropes. It's just this last arc felt like a cheap shot that they sacrificed the rest of the drama for.

Perhaps later I'll be able to appreciate the joke that was played on the characters and us viewers. I mean where were they going to be able to take the drama to produce late tension and heighten viewer interest. But for now, I'm disappointed in the way it was resolved.

Lee Jae Wook is a striking charismatic man, though, so hope to see him in another project soon, though perhaps not in a rom-com.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
8 minutes ago, stroppyse said:
  Hide contentsLee Jae Wook is a striking charismatic man, though, so hope to see him in another project soon, though perhaps not in a rom-com.

I don’t think I’ll be able to go back and appreciate the ending/drama later on. Honestly it just felt like they were toying with the viewers emotions.  But the one bright spot that comes out  from this is Lee Jae wook, even though his character was done dirty in the last 3 episodes, I thought the actor was great and can’t wait to see him in another drama!

Off note: happy thanksgiving to any of my fellow Americans here! Stay safe and healthy. 

• Like 5

OK I have watched the last episode and I think @stroppyse is going to be very very angry at Jun. Maybe you should just read the recaps and skip altogether.

I'm interested in what you thought @Just_Me @eNDe and @Unnie0110

I have to say, I like that things ended well. I will hang onto what I have because that all I can do. Technically the writers left me just enough happiness not to strangle them. But I would if I could. :KittyGun::KittyGun::KittyGun: More than annoyance at the characters, I am hurt and very annoyed by what I feel are cheap tricks and lack of explanations by the writers for the sake of drama twists :pandarage2::pandarage2::pandarage2: If I didn't enjoy the first 13 episodes so much and liked Lee Jae Wook and Go Ara so much for their natural chemistry, I think I would have been angry at this ending because this actually reminds me of a lot of old Taiwanese/ Korean drama endings which I use to dislike a lot. I call them the 10-minutes-of-happiness endings. Granted this is better than those ones, but it is still causing me confused rage. Like I'm still processing my feelings. I'll feel better after some sleep I think. 

Again no spoiler tags, so ignore my comments if you do not want spoilers. There are a lot of spoilers.

Episode 16

- So Lala and Jun are happily keeping in contact while he's out get treatment and it's all very sweet. But you can really tell that he's in pain all the time and exhausted. At this point my heart was hurting because it seemed like he was very ill, but at least they talked everyday even though Lala didn't know he was sick. :PiplupCry: Lala askes if he can come for Christmas and he says probably yes, so she gets him to practice a piano piece so they can play together. 

-I do like that Grandpa woke up...but I felt like that was foreshadowing for Jun's death, because of what happened with Dr cha's pills. :ChikoWTF:

-Christmas time rolled around rather quickly in the episode and I was thinking, oh good! That means we get the angst done and over with and Jun will come back for Christmas...or they will cry at hearing about him being sick and then we can get to the healing part. It was nice to see everyone at the Christmas gathering, but the anxiety of seeing Jun took away from seeing everyone including Jae Min :letalQQ: Jun says that he's coming but his plane has been delayed and sends a pre-recorded version of him playing piano and to show that first. Lala plays the duet with him and it's fine...

-Then this bit was a full stab in my heart, like over and over and over again. Jun's mum comes and tells Lala he passed away and gives her back her cup. Like she's literally dressed in black and she says that he's died. I THINK SHE SAYS THE WORDS, it's not implied or because Lala assumes it.  :lettalKWA::letalQQ::PiplupCry::scaredpanda2:

-Lala is of course heartbroken but thinks about all the times he hinted he might disappear from her life.. Everyone is crying and regretting they hadn't found out about this. At this point, I had to move the slider on Netflix to see if this was not a trick...and I saw in the little pop up that Jun would appear in like the last 10 minutes of the episode. Was it a dream? A memory? Was he actually there? I was tempted to skip to that bit, but I figured I was already so far in, I should just watch it in order because otherwise I would kick myself. :680695677_HalloweenChampion2020:

-Then there was a time jump of 5 years....at this point I was feeling very suss because I was wondering why we needed a time jump at this point. To show Lala living well and moving on with her life? 

-I had a near heart attack when I saw Lala holding a baby. My first thought, and probably what the writer's wanted, was that Lala had gotten with Dr Cha because 5 years is enough time to fall for someone else. Also Netflix I swear is in cahoots with the writers because the synopsis was that Dr Cha had "found new love"....But no, turns out Lala is babysitting and the baby is SK and HY's...hahaha. They married young :laugh:

-Jun's name is mentioned a few times by the other characters as they celebrate new things or move on with their lives (Dr Cha is re-marrying his ex-wife) and Lala I guess thinks about Jun that day and goes home to play the welcome song.

-At this point JUN APPEARS ON THE ROAD LOOKING OLDER and runs up to that house. As soon she finished playing, Jun comes into the house. Lala looks up to see Jun and nearly dies of a heart attack. AS YOU WOULD IF YOU SAW A BOYFRIEND WHO WAS MEANT TO BE DEAD 5 YEARS AGO.:lettalKWA::lettalKWA::lettalKWA:

-And what is the explanation for Jun saying he was dead and not contacting her for 5 years? Well, he just wanted to make sure he was fully healed and it was not coming back before he came back. Lala does hit him and call him mean, but she clearly has missed him too much to be angry, but she's also wondering if she's lost the plot and keeps asking him if he's sure he's not a ghost. He kisses her to prove not. It's a decent kiss. The end.

-At this point, I was in SUCH TURMOIL. I feel like the last episode wasted a lot of time and under-utilised Jun as a character because the writers wanted to use that 5 year time jump-baby twist :pandarage2::pandarage2::pandarage2: Like that is the only reason I see for that time jump. And as a result, it turned into something that didn't make sense for Jun's character - The whole time throughout the show he's been mildly jealous of all those guys that loved Lala...why would he lie and say he died and leave her for 5 years expecting she wouldn't be married by the time he came back?? Ughhhhh....these writers - they threw Jun's character development out the window for the sake of another damn "plot twist":NoHalCat: It was not funny. It just hurt my feelings as a viewer. I could deal with all the other plot twists because they were fresh and interesting and wacky. But this one did not make sense to the story, it felt rushed to try to squeeze one more trick in. And there were some weird focuses on side characters no one cared about like Dr cha's wife. 

- With all that said though, I've been too invested in Lala and Jun, so since they gave us a happy ending and it's confirmed he's not a ghost (which has actually happened in a drama before), I will hang onto that. And it was a nice kiss. I liked the first 12-13 episodes a lot...and then episode 15....and the last 10 minutes of this drama. I wish the pacing and developments hadn't been wasted on cheap trickery, but I also just cannot hate something completely if it ended technically in a happy way. :idk:

• Like 5

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Ok, I skipped through the last episode but here are my thoughts so far on it...

The drama produced some wonderful characters and I feel a bit slighted that this was the ending we received. Grandpa was the first person that Jun opened up to. He relied on Grandpa for support and vice versa. Grandpa was also the only person that Jun told his illness to. In the end, all we got was the TWD talking about how they miss Grandpa, alluding to him passing away already. If Grandpa passed away, that meant he died thinking that Jun died before him. Why would you do this to Grandpa, to their relationship?!

Like @Mapleoaks5, I felt the five years jump was a bit too much. She went through all that pain and suffering for five years just to have Jun come back and begin where they left off. The explanation for this was that he just wanted to make sure he was fully well before he returned. What?! The drama started off with Jun lying about his age and ended with him lying about being dead too? I really liked Jun but I don't think I agreed with how they wrapped up his character in the end here. 

The baby scene with LaLa was cute. I actually thought they were trying to continue the whole "MiMi can play the piano too" but it was Seung Ki's and Ha Young's baby instead. Haha! In some ways, I was thinking how nice would it have been if they had the baby's mom be the one TWD lady that couldn't have a baby but wanted one. 

Really happy for Jae Min and being able to go to Germany to continue his career. I'm also glad that his dad was present at the Christmas recital too. I hope he meets Park Joon Young when he is in Germany (haha...had to through in a Brahms reference). 

I agreed with @JenL that I really enjoyed the first 12-13 episodes of this drama. The last few episodes just felt rushed and agreed with @stroppyse that they really manipulated the viewers' emotions. 

• Like 6

I wrote my own ending. 

if they wanted to stick to the storyline that jun was sick, they should have had his mom come and say that Jun was really sick. In fact, he’s in a coma now. (Since we throwing all sorts of tropes out there) Lala then decides she wants to stick by Juns side and takes care of him in those 5 years. He miraculously wakes up and they get married and have their happily ever after.

or, jun fesses up to Lala that he’s sick. She’s shocked but decides to be by his side and care for him. He doesn’t have a coma, but treatment takes a while. It’s touch and go for awhile. But he ends up pulling through. They get married and have their happily ever after.  They have a kid and their kid is best friends with hayoung and seung gi kid.

Or, jun never had cancer. He bought lalaland in exchange for him going abroad to medical school. He’s honest to Lala about the exchange and promises that he’ll come back for her after he’s done with school. They maintain a long distance relationship and he’s finally done with medical school and he’s able to stand on his own two feet now. They reunite, and finally get married and have their happily ever after. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

@Mapleoaks5 - Haha, YES!! So many possibilities but they chose the one that made the least sense. :mad:

Maybe @stroppyse can clarify but in the subtitle, they called the cancer he had "acute" meaning that he was in the early stages of cancer. Survival rate is higher when discovered earlier, meaning that the timeline of when Jun left to when he "died" just seemed off. And when Jun does return, does that mean he is in remission? 

Keanu Reeves once said that when we die, the ones who love us will miss us. That means, you should cherish every moment you have with the people you love the most. This was five years of memories lost because Jun wanted to decide what was best for LaLa. 

By the way, if you are in America, happy Thanksgiving! =)

• Like 5

Where do I begin? I started watching DDSSLLS for a light watch drama. I did not expect it to be my crack this 2020. Episodes 1-12 were good and I thought that it was clever of the writer to put all the heaviness early so the remaining 4 episodes will have resolutions, reunions and lots of sweet romcom moments. SHOW, your MAIN plot problem (I'm reminding them because it seemed they have forgotten it!:mad:) was that Jun was underage, he turned 20 in the end of Ep 12 but yet to finish his CSAT). YOU SHOULD HAVE STOP with this problem and expounded on this on and how he'll maintain his relationship with Rara, finish his studies, accomplish his dreams and convince his parents that Rara is worthy of him. The last 4 episodes were a COMPLETE mess, yes show, I'm talking to you! You have messed up greatly! It was unnecessary to bring in a new girl, Rara and Jun breaking up AGAIN and Jun being sick as if the boy has not gone through so much already and Rara too (let us not forget that Rara has not grieved properly for her father because she was thrown in a series of new situations immediately after his death). I do not know what happened to the writer/s, did they really think that it was entertaining to fool the audience for the last 4 episodes. We have come to deeply care for these characters and they were consistent until Ep. 12. So trolling all for the heck of it was UNFAIR.

Sorry for the spoilers but Jun appearing in the last few minutes of Ep. 16 was a big let down (I'm happy he's alive and healthy) BUT we were led to believe that he died already. Why?! Show, Why?!! Jun's mom should have called Rara that Jun's condition was not good, that she should come and see Jun for the last time (I don't think that any mother would actually travel all the way back to Korea just to deliver a cup and letter IF her son is still struggling and could die any moment). Then it would make sense that everybody was shocked and hurt and were crying because like us they were heartbroken about Jun's condition.  Rara should have come to Jun and made the decision herself to stick by his side and together they overcome his sickness thus earning Jun's parents approval and spending quality time together. The 5 year separation was unnecessary and just plain stupid. It made a lot of people distressed that Jun died only to make him come back alive in the last few moments of the episode very much alive yet NO proper explanation whatsoever! Even if Jun came back dashing and mature, still, we need LOGICAL explanations or flashbacks!

Of course there were many heartfelt moments in the last 4 episodes but we, the audience were distracted by the many crazy plot twists that we can't fully digest and appreciate them. How I wish we have learned what Jun's true dream was (it was Ji hoon that wanted to go to Stanford and win the Fields Medal, Jun wanted to tag along because he loves his friend) how awesome it would have been if he realized his true dream and went to accomplish it without being sick and pestered with unnecessary plot twists. How I wish, Rara never had to go through all those moments of crying and suffering alone (Jun's age lie, first break up with Jun, Jun breaking up with her, Jun being sick and dying ( or not) and was led to believe about this fact for FREAKING 5 whole years!) Yes, she was surrounded by people who loves her in Eunpo but SHOW, you do not do this kind of sick joke to someone like Rara (she's a ball of sunshine! why make her cry all the time and just expect that she'll understand and be cool about it).

Kudos to Go Ara and Lee Jae-wook for being such good sports (I'm sure they themselves don't understand what happened to their "healing" rom com and why their characters acted the way they did in the last 4 episodes). Their chemistry was the best thing in this drama, they never fail to make me smile whenever they are together on screen. Now i want them to do another project together where they will be happy and sweet all the time! ;) without noble idiocy and sickness tropes!

I do not understand how the writer did not utilized this strength and made them separated for most of the last 4 episodes. It would have been nice to see Rara and Jun dating happily, fighting like a real couple, overcoming their problems together, being happy for each other's accomplishments, getting married and living a happy life in Eunpo. How I wish there's a DDSSLLS two hour special to make us see all these things after what we've been through the last 4 episodes.

Anyway, all in all, DDSSLLS was a good drama (until Ep. 12). Jun was right they should have stopped at the beach scene and just got married right then and there (he would have earned a smack from his mother but it would have spared him from suffering a great injustice that were Ep. 15-16).  DDSSLLS was my happy pill, despite the pandemic and all the trouble in the world, it gave a small relief and touched my heart greatly so it troubles me that the writer did such disservice to it, to us. 

Rara and Jun will remain in my memory for a long time, they're such sweet characters that I just want them to be happy, at peace and together forever. All the Eunpo folks as well. I'll never look at Mokpo the same way again.

Thank you Janghaven community for sharing the DDSSLLS journey with me. It gave me a lot of happiness to be able to hear your thoughts on this drama and for giving me the space to share mine. I hope to see you all on other threads where hopefully we'll see better writing, execution and directing. Let me quote Jun's DDSSLLS persona as my heartfelt thank you to you all-  "I'm sending you the stars, may it shine brightly on your future".

Kamsahamnida;)

Edited by Unnie0110
  • Like 5
5 hours ago, JenL said:

OK I have watched the last episode and I think @stroppyse is going to be very very angry at Jun. Maybe you should just read the recaps and skip altogether.

Already watched it. Already not happy with this ending. However, thank you for thinking of me.

Any of @Mapleoaks5 's endings would have been better than what we got!

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Maybe @stroppyse can clarify but in the subtitle, they called the cancer he had "acute" meaning that he was in the early stages of cancer. Survival rate is higher when discovered earlier, meaning that the timeline of when Jun left to when he "died" just seemed off. And when Jun does return, does that mean he is in remission? 

Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML), the blood cancer that Jun is supposed to have is actually quite fatal, even though it is probably the most common form of leukemia for adults. Survival rate of about 30% in 5 years for people under the age of 60 which drops to 10% survival rate for those over 60. It's called "acute" because it has such fast progression, that it doesn't have time to become "chronic" meaning something that someone who gets it could live with for a long time.

AML doesn't really have much of a late stage or early stage. However, in the conversation between the Jun's mother and father, they talk about the fact that if Jun had been home, they might have caught it earlier. As with most cancers, the sooner they start treatment, the better the odds of putting it in remission.

1 hour ago, Unnie0110 said:

(I don't think that any mother would actually travel all the way back to Korea just to deliver a cup and letter IF her son is still struggling and could die any moment).

Jun never left Korea actually. You know this because in the phone calls between Jun and LL earlier in episode 16, it's dark for both of them while they're talking/texting rather than the 13+ hour time difference that LL kept alluding to. So, she would say "It's morning, so you probably have to go to your classes." then it would cut to Jun who was in bed and it was dark outside for him as well.

Yes, so Jun was in Korea for the 5 year time jump getting treatments, but letting LL and his other friends think he was dead.

Ugh. Still mad.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Thanks @stroppyse for clarifying that! I never know how trustworthy some translation can be as I know some words/phrases cannot be easily translated. 

Sigh...I'm just going to pretend that episode 16, and maybe 13, 14, and 15 did not exist. DDSSLLS was only 12 episodes long, right?? :cry:

Yup. I think it officially ended at episode 12. Lol. After stealing the bride away they eloped and lived happily ever after. 

Edited by Mapleoaks5
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Yes, let us think that DDSSLLS ended at Ep. 12. He stole the bride, got married and went back to Eunpo. They live at Lala Land and Jun continues his studies while working part-time while Rara cooperates her piano academy. They get help along the way from their friends. Jun's parents calmed down after a while because no parent can win over their child. Supports Jun and Rara until Jun graduates from university. They live happily ever after with 3 children - 2 boys and 1 girl (all has Rara's curls and  the boys like to say "shiro" all the time and the girl likes to say "good, good, good" to everything! :wow:

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
4 minutes ago, Unnie0110 said:

Yes, let us think that DDSSLLS ended at Ep. 12. He stole the bride, got married and went back to Eunpo. They live at Lala Land and Jun continues his studies while working part-time while Rara cooperates her piano academy. They get help along the way from their friends. Jun's parents calmed down after a while because no parent can win over their child. Supports Jun and Rara until Jun graduates from university. They live happily ever after with 3 children - 2 boys and 1 girl (all has Rara's curls and  the boys like to say "shiro" all the time and the girl likes to say "good, good, good" to everything! :wow:

Yes! I definitely want this ending, please! An ending that makes some actual sense rather than having Jun turn into whatever it was that he became.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Tasty 1
9 hours ago, JenL said:

I'm interested in what you thought @Just_Me @eNDe and @Unnie0110

I have to say, I like that things ended well. I will hang onto what I have because that all I can do. Technically the writers left me just enough happiness not to strangle them. But I would if I could. :KittyGun:

I think we would be banding together to strangle the writer. Was she so pissed off with life that she wrote that ending? 

Thank you @Mapleoaks5 and @Unnie0110 for writing some better deserved endings that RaRa and Jun should have gotten. I gave myself a good sleep instead of being mad at the ending we saw and I too felt the need to write my own ending for them. 

I did what I said I would, I watched both episodes back to back and right at the beginning of ep 15, somehow my senses tell me that I won't be getting the ending I like because the pace was rather off, the overuse of RaRa remembering her moments with Jun and the focus again wasn't what I needed. Yes, writer disguise it by putting more scenes of RaRa and Jun together in ep 15 but then I kinda know her bluff and that ep 16 will be opposite of it where she will focus more on all the other characters. 

With my personal experience witnessing my mum being diagnosed with cancer just last year then a major surgery soon after followed by the slow and painful recovery, I didn't think I could survive without mental support from my sisters and good people. Both for me as the caregiver and my mum, the patient.

I would have written RaRa being there for Jun all the way no matter what happens. Her physical presence and music could have helped him tremendously and also the people and friends he made in Eunpo. That's how he can focus on health and recovery, not by being away from all of them. 

The moment Jun's mum came to tell RaRa the sad news, my fingers were quick to check the timestamp and fast forward to see if Jun would appear again whether or not as a dream, flashback or RaRa visiting his grave as she did with her father. Heck maybe she would visit both graves! Instead, Jun appeared alive with no better explanation and get away with another big lie/secret for a good 5 years. That's a no no for me. I didn't think I would ended up not liking Jun now. You tell one big lie and get away with it, you're gonna be doing it again and again throughout your life so unless this Jun version 2.0 gets a tell off from Grandpa (the only one he seems to listen to), I don't see RaRa and Jun will be entirely fine and dandy in the future. And what's up with writing off Grandpa's character just like that too. 

Jun knows it was hard for RaRa with her father's death so why can't he be with her even through sickness as he asked her not to let him go after the confession in ep 8. Maybe if I could edit the show, I'll just end it at ep 8 for these two characters. I did think we also probably deserve an epilogue at the end of ep 16 of just the two of them in the following days or years from the final reunion but then I think that should have been in all of ep 16! WTH. 

What irks me is that Jun has never thought RaRa could brave the storm in their relationship. Even at the last piano scene when RaRa played the welcome song, she demonstrated her courage by living another day to the fullest. 

Overall I find the finale a waste of GA and LJW's great chemistry to make the ending a stronger impact as RaRa and Jun that we grown to love where they are at their best together when helping each other, being understanding, fun and quirky. NOT whatever we saw towards the end of the show. 

Will watching their bts clips be a better consolation for the ending we got? :heiboi:

• Like 7
16 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Whaaaa? So quick he changes his mind? Why? I kept expecting to see Jun faint so that Rara will find out the truth, LOL. I'm honestly surprised the writer actually went down the "Jun is sick" route...

Hahaha me too especially when he came back to Lala Land to have the mini party...I was thinking that whole scene was long enough for him to faint right in front of her and that's how RaRa finds out. 

• Like 5
53 minutes ago, eNDe said:

I think we would be banding together to strangle the writer. Was she so pissed off with life that she wrote that ending? 

Thank you @Mapleoaks5 and @Unnie0110 for writing some better deserved endings that RaRa and Jun should have gotten. I gave myself a good sleep instead of being mad at the ending we saw and I too felt the need to write my own ending for them. 

I did what I said I would, I watched both episodes back to back and right at the beginning of ep 15, somehow my senses tell me that I won't be getting the ending I like because the pace was rather off, the overuse of RaRa remembering her moments with Jun and the focus again wasn't what I needed. Yes, writer disguise it by putting more scenes of RaRa and Jun together in ep 15 but then I kinda know her bluff and that ep 16 will be opposite of it where she will focus more on all the other characters. 

With my personal experience witnessing my mum being diagnosed with cancer just last year then a major surgery soon after followed by the slow and painful recovery, I didn't think I could survive without mental support from my sisters and good people. Both for me as the caregiver and my mum, the patient.

I would have written RaRa being there for Jun all the way no matter what happens. Her physical presence and music could have helped him tremendously and also the people and friends he made in Eunpo. That's how he can focus on health and recovery, not by being away from all of them. 

The moment Jun's mum came to tell RaRa the sad news, my fingers were quick to check the timestamp and fast forward to see if Jun would appear again whether or not as a dream, flashback or RaRa visiting his grave as she did with her father. Heck maybe she would visit both graves! Instead, Jun appeared alive with no better explanation and get away with another big lie/secret for a good 5 years. That's a no no for me. I didn't think I would ended up not liking Jun now. You tell one big lie and get away with it, you're gonna be doing it again and again throughout your life so unless this Jun version 2.0 gets a tell off from Grandpa (the only one he seems to listen to), I don't see RaRa and Jun will be entirely fine and dandy in the future. And what's up with writing off Grandpa's character just like that too. 

Jun knows it was hard for RaRa with her father's death so why can't he be with her even through sickness as he asked her not to let him go after the confession in ep 8. Maybe if I could edit the show, I'll just end it at ep 8 for these two characters. I did think we also probably deserve an epilogue at the end of ep 16 of just the two of them in the following days or years from the final reunion but then I think that should have been in all of ep 16! WTH. 

What irks me is that Jun has never thought RaRa could brave the storm in their relationship. Even at the last piano scene when RaRa played the welcome song, she demonstrated her courage by living another day to the fullest. 

Overall I find the finale a waste of GA and LJW's great chemistry to make the ending a stronger impact as RaRa and Jun that we grown to love where they are at their best together when helping each other, being understanding, fun and quirky. NOT whatever we saw towards the end of the show. 

Will watching their bts clips be a better consolation for the ending we got? :heiboi:

Thank you for sharing your story about your mom. I also completely agree with you saying that jun never thought that Lala would be able to weather the storm with him. It was incredibly selfish of him to make decisions for her. At least tell the girl the truth and allow her agency to decide what she wants to do. Knowing Lala, I totally see her rising to the occasion and becoming a great source of comfort and strength to jun in his time of need. I rewatched the latter half of the episode and I tried putting myself in her shoes. If I were her, even if it didn’t make sense that Jun was back, I would let logic fall to the wayside and would be overjoyed that my love has come back. So I guess in that snapshot moment, she doesn’t question him further. But what about after the fact?

I feel like the entire basis and foundation of their relationship is shattered because essentially he’s just been lying to her the entire time. So now afterwards, after all the good feelings of my love returning has subsided. I feel like there would be a lot of trust issues going forward with the relationship. Maybe Lala can look past that and be able to move on and live happily with Jun, but me? I don’t know. 

sigh. I still feel so salty about this ending. 

• Like 7

Hi all! I have a lot more to say about this ending in terms of my opinion and the dissonance I have with it and some things I've heard from others which might cheer us up a little and so I will write a longer post in a few hours after I come back (Going out to meet some friends to cheer myself up!  Otherwise I would feel a bit mopey as I have the whole day from the ending and generally from just finishing a drama I was invested in) 

Hahaha, no one is obliged to read more posts about DDSSLS, but I feel like I really need to write all those things down to process my feelings before I move on to other dramas and things...also would like to get back to people's great points too! :BulbaOWO:

But I know people often move on after a drama finishes, especially one like this where the ending was not what was wanted so before you do, just wanted to thank you for joining in this conversation and making this drama so fun to watch - in all the good times and especially in all the bad...Thanks for all your opinions and contributions and fun picture shares. It's helped a lot in enjoying the drama and sharing the heartbreaks. :hearties:

@eNDe @Unnie0110 @Mapleoaks5 @stroppyse @Just_Me @Tofu

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

10 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hi all! I have a lot more to say about this ending in terms of my opinion and the dissonance I have with it and some things I've heard from others which might cheer us up a little and so I will write a longer post in a few hours after I come back (Going out to meet some friends to cheer myself up!  Otherwise I would feel a bit mopey as I have the whole day from the ending and generally from just finishing a drama I was invested in) 

Hi @JenL, just wanted to say that I will totally read any additional opinions and insights you may have to say about this drama and ending. I think after a bit of time, I may have more to say as well. Or at least, more coherent and less bitter things to say. I was more vested in this drama than I have been in a kdrama for a long time, so it make take awhile for the bitterness to end, especially since I can't decide if I wanted the stupid "miracle" ending that we got since it gave us a happy OTP even if it made no sense in terms of the story and the characterization.

However, I've been on plenty of discussion threads of dramas with sad endings where almost everyone was willing to have any kind of a happy ending no matter how ludicrous it was, so perhaps the writer was (rather cynically) playing on that fact and giving us that emotional manipulation.

Okay, still too bitter it to write more, I guess. But, I'll be happy to read your thoughts! Thank you.

And, so I don't forget, thanks to everyone who was on this thread and shared your insights, news, info, gossip, videos, and love! Definitely during the fun first 12 episodes, but even more during the whacked final episodes, I totally appreciated everyone here!

@JenL @Unnie0110 @Tofu @Mapleoaks5 @Just_Me @mademoiselle, my flat would be nothing but broken glass and torn up furniture without you all! :CharmanderYay:

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 1

Waaaa... I sort of know what happens from seeing the cut clips but with all the reactions from you guys, I'm not so sure I want to/should watch the finale episode. Without watching fully, I already did not like the way this was handled.

Thank you @Just_Me.

4 hours ago, eNDe said:

Hahaha me too especially when he came back to Lala Land to have the mini party...I was thinking that whole scene was long enough for him to faint right in front of her and that's how RaRa finds out. 

I was waiting...waiting...and waiting, even when they were at the airport I wanted Jun to suddenly feel dizzy and pass out :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

I will rewatch my favourite scenes right from beginning and leave the sour scenes out haha so I can have better overall closure. Unless the writer has another plot twist such as making her first ever second season for DDSSLLS but will we watch? lol. 

Thank you once again for everyone's contribution in discussions, thoughts and updates for DDSSLLS that have made my time here enjoyable always. @stroppyse @JenL @Tofu @Just_Me @Mapleoaks5 @Unnie0110 @mademoiselle  :hearties:

And thank you as always to @stroppyse and @JenL for the translations and compilations! 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

You guys are saying goodbyes too soon. I still haven't watched it yet. Plus, don't forget there are still behind the scenes. That surely would be better than the actual finale, hahaha!

@eNDe I hope to see you more in other drama threads. Also, if you want a really good (and I mean good ending etc) then try out 18 Again (Here I am trying to sell the drama again, hahaha) :pandaheadstomp:. When there's end to a drama, there's a beginning of a new one. Hope to see you back here spazzing about a new one in another drama thread/s.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3