Grid 그리드 / Zero 제로 [2022]

41 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

IKR . I hv a hard time understanding the synopsis. How many episodes? 

I checked in Naver should be 10 episodes. 

https://namu.wiki/w/그리드(드라마)

Hahaha I thought only me can't understand the synopsis 🤣 I was like what is solar wind ? 

The solar wind is created by the outward expansion of plasma (a collection of charged particles) from the Sun's corona (outermost atmosphere). This plasma is continually heated to the point that the Sun's gravity can't hold it down.

199a5e23438a96af6cc9721b2278246b2bfd1ae5

I'm in blackhole 🤣 

• Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

In 2005 June solar wind affecting the internet and causing disruption to human lives. I googled and auroras are actually the result of disturbances in the magnetosphere caused by solar wind. That's why we see auroras there, I'm just curious and totally blind with all this sci-fi theme 😅

It's funny that they even try to explain what Grid is, in dictionary format. I guess they sensed that viewers will get confused 😅Well in short this Grid is to protecting human kind from solar wind. I wonder how dangerous this solar wind is, as I know there is a place on earth that can see auroras quite often. 

30 Oct 2021, so finally we managed to see SKJ aka Saeha. He looks like ordinary people, but he seems have ability to read lip's movement and able to translate the words accurately. His ability apparently came from his habit of watching TV in mute. 

I have to say their Grid office is so depressing, the place so dark and felt like its on underground, no sunlight at all. I wonder if his plant can even survive there 😅 And Saeha also know the common employee trick to see behind his back 🤣 We normally use mirror, but he use handphone screen, it's kind of creative👍

Overall, quite fast pace and storyline moving well, it's quite engaging despite my initial reluctance of dwelling with sci-fi genre. And may I fangirling a bit? SKJ is just so handsome! He suit so well for this mysterious and cold bureau employee's role! 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 4

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

have to say their Grid office is so depressing, the place so dark and felt like its on underground, no sunlight at all. I wonder if his plant can even survive there 😅 And Saeha also know the common employee trick to see behind his back 🤣 We normally use mirror, but he use handphone screen, it's kind of creative👍

I appreciate that they explained about Grid's role...but I am curious as to what is it that Saeha ( and his other team mates) do in the office. They were searching key terms ( trends on the net) ...so I am assuming they are looking for Lee Si Young's character - the naver articles call her the "Ghost" . I also wonder if this entire Grid thing has become a way to control the world beyond just protecting the earth from the solar radiation. Is there something sinister going on? This Ghost person is from the future ( ?) and the one that created the grid 24 years ago. She disappeared and now reappears. Definitely plenty of questions that needs to be answered. 

Anyhow Saeha is working here to dig for information and doesn't seem to want his boss or the others to know what he's doing- his colleague Kim Moo Yeol's character thinks he was apple polishing by removing trash but he was actually checking out on the boss. His mum is in coma at home & there were flashbacks to a traumatic childhood. The imaginary gun he was setting up suggests that he's seeking revenge & that he's angry. Definitely a complicated character.

Pretty intriguing first episode. Happy to see SKJ and Kim Joong Ah back in drama land. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

My head hurts from reading your scientific recap, @SilverMoonTea, but don't get me wrong—it's just today (or this week) work and people there have been killing my brain cells. 

I don't know what the drama/story is really about but I'm sticking around to find out.

Agree with you their offices are depressing. I'm not a fan of windows all around either coz I dislike when it's too bright (causes reflection to my monitor screens) but the colour and lighting of the office are just too gloomy. His work seems to have access to everything, which means he can spy on anybody. There must be a conspiracy behind this and they are hired to spy on any anomalies...?

Lee Si Young must be a time traveller or something and their job is to find anything in relation to her coz she may be the one who told Saeha's boss how to save Earth by installing Grid.

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

His mum is in coma at home & there were flashbacks to a traumatic childhood.

I think the mum is bedridden at first she's sleeping on her back and then later she's sleeping sideways. He leaves the bedside lamp on for her too. If someone is in a coma, they'd need to be kept alive with a machine monitoring heart rate and brain activities etc and be cared for 24/7 isn't it?

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
24 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

My head hurts from reading your scientific recap, @SilverMoonTea, but don't get me wrong—it's just today (or this week) work and people there have been killing my brain cells. 

Haha agree my head hurt as well trying to figure out solar wind. I hope the sci fi portion will not be too much later on. It's kind of quite futuristic with LSY teletransport, I don't know where this going too. However I like SKJ's mysterious character, so for sure I will stay tune. 

Hang on there, almost Friday 🥲 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Hang on there, almost Friday 🥲 

I honestly wish today is a Friday because it just felt like I have enough, I can't stand one more day being there.

4 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Haha agree my head hurt as well trying to figure out solar wind. I hope the sci fi portion will not be too much later on. It's kind of quite futuristic with LSY teletransport, I don't know where this going too. However I like SKJ's mysterious character, so for sure I will stay tune. 

The opening bit took a while, I was like ... am I watching the right drama? Is this a preview trailer I'm watching instead :lmao2: I don't mind Sci-Fi but it needs to make sense or be logical and not contradicting.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 5
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

If someone is in a coma, they'd need to be kept alive with a machine monitoring heart rate and brain activities etc and be cared for 24/7 isn't it?

Oh maybe she's just bedridden then...I thought I saw her being hooked up to some machines but then you're right. She can't possibly be at home unless their tech then is so advance. 

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

19 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Just watched ep 1 and it's interesting, although I don't know any of the actors except the killer that is being rescued (in DP).

Then I come here and read that the writer also wrote Stranger! So definitely continuing this.

Oh what..  u don't know my Seo Kang Joon ? 😱😱😱 

@abs-oluteM🥲

@peperomiaHow you find Grid? Have you managed to try it? 

• Haha 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

8 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@peperomiaHow you find Grid? Have you managed to try it? 

@SilverMoonTea Thanks for the tag! I had planned to watch this past weekend, but not yet. I will tonight and definitely check back here. I love SKJ too. Have seen almost everything of his. He was great playing two roles in Are You Human Too. My favorite role of his is in Watcher. I am not crazy about the sci-fi theme in Grid, but I will give it a try for him and since it is by the writer of Stranger.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

@SilverMoonTea I was worried I would be overwhelmed with the sci-fi stuff, but the first episode was pretty good and left me wanting to see more. I am definitely one of the viewers who appreciated that they clearly defined what grid is in the intro. LOL. When I first read about the synopsis awhile ago, it alluded there would be a ghost/supernatural being which I was not a fan of. I am relieved to know that she is actually a time traveler instead. I like it better this way.

On 2/16/2022 at 8:53 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

And may I fangirling a bit? SKJ is just so handsome! He suit so well for this mysterious and cold bureau employee's role!

Totally agree he is handsome as ever! I was so excited to see him on screen again and in this kind of complex role. :wow: 

On 2/17/2022 at 12:08 AM, abs-oluteM said:

I appreciate that they explained about Grid's role...but I am curious as to what is it that Saeha ( and his other team mates) do in the office. They were searching key terms ( trends on the net) ...so I am assuming they are looking for Lee Si Young's character - the naver articles call her the "Ghost" . I also wonder if this entire Grid thing has become a way to control the world beyond just protecting the earth from the solar radiation. Is there something sinister going on? This Ghost person is from the future ( ?) and the one that created the grid 24 years ago. She disappeared and now reappears. Definitely plenty of questions that needs to be answered. 

Anyhow Saeha is working here to dig for information and doesn't seem to want his boss or the others to know what he's doing- his colleague Kim Moo Yeol's character thinks he was apple polishing by removing trash but he was actually checking out on the boss. His mum is in coma at home & there were flashbacks to a traumatic childhood. The imaginary gun he was setting up suggests that he's seeking revenge & that he's angry. Definitely a complicated character.

I am also curious what Sae Ha and the others do at the bureau. It does seem Sae Ha has his personal reasons for being there and why he is searching for the "ghost". I assume the others do too. I agree his imaginary gun scene suggests he is seeking revenge of some sort. I wonder if it has to do with the death of his father since he is not around and his flashback seems to indicate there was a family tragedy. Good point that there may be more to the grid than just protecting earth and the people. It did feel strange how the entire world depended on the grid so much.

I am looking forward to the next episode. I hope Sae Ha and Jung Sae Byeok will work together. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

just tried the 1st ep, ngl because SKJ 😻😻 he is looking so good here I miss his cat eye.. And the lead female casts too are interesting

Idk how to feel about it in just one episode, there are so many hideous things.. Some are interesting & sometimes feel sleepy as well

agree with SH seems has special reason/motivation to work at the bureau 

this scene was sooooo cooool btw, lit! Love the CGI

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

On 2/22/2022 at 5:26 AM, peperomia said:

@SilverMoonTea Thanks for the tag! I had planned to watch this past weekend, but not yet. I will tonight and definitely check back here. I love SKJ too. Have seen almost everything of his. He was great playing two roles in Are You Human Too. My favorite role of his is in Watcher. I am not crazy about the sci-fi theme in Grid, but I will give it a try for him and since it is by the writer of Stranger.

I love SKJ and have also seen alot of his stuff. Watcher is the best for me too, so I was pretty excited for him to do a crime show like this ( though this is more sci-fi) . The one that drove me batty was The Third Charm :zzzz:.

Anyhow I caught eps 2 . So the department that Sae Ha works in is actively looking for the Ghost. And  whatever they do seems rather hush hush - so there's a lot high security clearance. His team is not allowed to investigate further. His lady boss passed on the data which she took from the cops ( who have also been barred from the investigations) to another department. For Sae Ha , this is more than just work. The Ghost must have caused his father's death and the mother's current condition. She is in a coma ( they have to keep turning her) . Meanwhile we see a bit of Ghost ( Lee Si Young ) and how she survives in the present since she is able to use knowledge from the future to help her secure some funds.

Sae Ha carries out his own investigation and ends up bumping into Sae Byok. An unlikely partnership will take off.  Later on Sae Ha is suspicious of his superior and tries to get hold off her thumbprint when she leaves the office. Unfortunately, it looks like at the end of the episode he gets caught by her.

This twitter thread has an interview with the writer.

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Episode 2 had a lot more Seo Kang Joon 🥰 and revelation of his character and job. He's a 9-5 employee by day and a hacker by night. Woah! LOL! I thought he knew how to read lips because his mother might be deaf or something but it seems like he's learnt it so that he could spy on his boss. And where or how did he learn hacking? He must be a genius coz his dad is dead and his mother is super sick, where or how he was able to gain these knowledge and experience if he isn't one? And er, yes, I know I am digressing and this is probably not even an important point. xP

Ghost (Lee Si Young) looks so sick. I wonder if it's from all the time-travelling or morphing. I am curious how a DNA analysis of a strand of hair could tell you the person's bones are weird - appear all dislocated?

I wonder whether Ghost protected the murderer because he's her father. Because if she doesn't protect him then she might not be born and there will not be the Grid.

Still not sure what the story is about but I like the execution as it is engaging.

How many episodes are these again? One episode per week is hard. The wait feels much longer.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
On 2/24/2022 at 4:46 AM, abs-oluteM said:

I love SKJ and have also seen alot of his stuff. Watcher is the best for me too, so I was pretty excited for him to do a crime show like this ( though this is more sci-fi) . The one that drove me batty was The Third Charm

Yay, love meeting another fan of SKJ. He's one of a handful actors who I find really attractive and believe can be good in any kind role, especially in a darker/complex one like in Watcher and here. The Third Charm was an interesting one - 'til this day I still don't know how I feel about it. He made quite a hot nerd though. LOL.

I believe Sae Ha's mother is in a coma too. She needs to be turned often to keep the blood flow circulating and prevent bed sores. I have to give him a lot of credit to be able to work full-time, investigate and care for his mom like he does. The journal tracking everything he needs to do for her said a whole lot. He has a lot on his shoulders and I am sure has put in great effort in learning how to read lips, hack, etc. to accomplish his goal. Whatever is his reason for catching Ghost, it does not seem to be a greedy/selfish one, but something he must achieve for his loved ones.

I liked the interactions between Sae Ha and Sae Byeok. It was interesting how she was reluctant to turn over the police evidence to the Bureau, but ended up listening to him and handed it to him. The best part was when they ran into each other while night investigating Kim Ma Nok's place and purposely dined at the halmeoni's place to get intel. Their minds think alike. Also, I was surprised given how secretive he has been with his personal investigation that he was pretty honest with her with what he knows so far. Seems like it is a good sign that they will may trust and work together.

There is so much mystery behind Ghost - her DNA, her hand device, her scheduled tasks on her phone and her relationship with Kim Ma Nok. The future where she comes from must be bleak. Perhaps the solar wind has done damage to the quality of life in her time. I wonder if that may be why she looks sick and devoured the cakes like they don't exist later.

12 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

10 eps...but it is nuts to just release one episode a week - momentum killer. LOL

I agree! At least give us the standard 2 episodes per week. I was a bit frustrated where it ended. I wanted to see more. LOL.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

SH Boss Got off work on time ! 

I think I should just apply to this Administration Bureau 😅 

Going back on time please the bonus hot colleague who look like this? 😆 I'm so IN! 

manofcreation-official-s-Cac-Pe8-EJlv4.j

manofcreation-official-s-Cac-Pe8-Cp8-VL.

manofcreation-official-s-Cac-Pe8-Dp-KIM.

I also still not sure what drama is all about, but I like how SH and SB start to have some bonding between them. Their tension was great and it seems EJ have some relation with SB before. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Have you guys caught eps 3?

What happened at the train scene towards the end? The guy was almost caught but then the whole thing was reset? I don't think the convenience store murderer can time travel can he? She defintiely had a hand in it. 

So a couple of things confirmed - Ghost killed SaeHa's father using that futuristic weapon that also caused a burn on SaeByok's arm. It was at the same time that she set up the grid to save the world. But why kill the father when he was just a janitor - unless being a janitor is just a cover for something else. SH's current boss was a witness or more like she saw the SH's father's burned body. So am sure she knows SH's background.

SaeHa had some real mad skills - the way he was able to hack into the security system to alter the image (I have only seen this technology used in The Veil , so maybe such technology is already available) . So now we know why he has been tracking the boss - he needed her handprint to access all the high security files kept in the 13th floor. Finally he was able to recreate one with SB's help. SH honored his part of the deal and showed all the videos of the Ghost to SB. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

The date in the box on 13th floor is 1997, so it's like 8 years before the solar grid happening. So Saeha father demise seems because of the Ghost, and there is folder about Van Allen US. It seems Ghost was very active on that year. 

Okay my head spinning already, btw are they planning on some light hinted romance?  It was funny when she commented he might get whiped by his wife for staying late 😅 While he's actually need to take care of his mom. But I guess they should have big age gap, like probably 6 years or more. 

Yes seems suddenly it become C drama Reset @abs-oluteM😅, this drama is just overall quite strange, I still can't absorb it. If baby SKJ not in it, I highly doubt I will stay to watch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I just finished episode 3 but I don't have much to say LOL. More questions raised, no answers except confirmation of how Sae Ha's father died and he's only a janitor, not some super important researcher of the sort. It's puzzling.

The convenience store murderer... could he be the Ghost's father? Otherwise it's puzzling why she's protecting him, and the only way I could explain it is that she needs him alive so she can be born.

Perhaps Sae Ha is the real creator of The Grid and he tasked her to this job and for all the series of events to happen, she must kill his father...? I'm channelling Terminator :laugh:

• Haha 4