Grid 그리드 / Zero 제로 [2022]

Ladies, we're down to the final episode! Will we get all of our questions answered? I just want a proper explanation of Ghost's connection to the leads and why she has been intervening with the past/present (other than for the grid). After 10 weeks of patience, I will be really upset if we're given a pointless ending like Sisyphus. LOL.

On 4/15/2022 at 1:24 AM, mademoiselle said:

The new trailer showed there's another person in hoodie. Wonder who that is.

Here are some stills of the mystery man in the hoodie. Does he look like he could another time-traveler from the future - like Ghost? (Apparently, he is a well-known Korean-American actor...which I feel terrible that I do know him.)

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
4 hours ago, peperomia said:

After 10 weeks of patience, I will be really upset if we're given a pointless ending like Sisyphus. LOL.

Oh noooo...hahahaa.. I would be so upset. I really need some answers. 

The one thing that I really need answers to is why the murderer and SB are part of Ghost's lineage. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

5 hours ago, peperomia said:

Ladies, we're down to the final episode! Will we get all of our questions answered? I just want a proper explanation of Ghost's connection to the leads and why she has been intervening with the past/present (other than for the grid). After 10 weeks of patience, I will be really upset if we're given a pointless ending like Sisyphus. LOL.

Ahahahahahaha! Maybe it is best to lower the expectation so there's no huge disappointment. For me, since there are so many fantasy dramas that don't give explanation to everything so I think I've accustomed to be used to it. But I'd still expect decent ending, and not something too illogical like Alice or whatever Sisyphus' ending was.

For this drama, I'd say overall I still enjoy it although an episode or 2 were slow. I do like the twists. One being we were misled to think Sae Ha was the janitor's son and the other is mentioned below.

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

The one thing that I really need answers to is why the murderer and SB are part of Ghost's lineage. 

I like this twist. I had guessed Kim Manok is related to her but I totally didn't expect Sae Byeok to be.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Woah. What did I just watch in episode 10???? :laugh:

Now I await @Chocolate's verdict on whether this will outdo Sisyphus. :lmao2:

Ok. So...

Spoiler

I have no idea what I just watched for the last one hour :lmao2:

Sae Ha died the first time... time stopped. The second time, Kim Manok died but Ghost is still alive. How...? If he was supposed to be from her paternal side? Whether or not Sae Ha died the second time, it's not confirmed although we got a funeral and a body. The mystery guy in hoodie (let's call him Ghost 2) tried to heal Sae Ha or something and then Ghost joined in. That whole scene explain or tell us absolutely nothing.

Somehow the story slowed down and we were shown Saek Byuk and Eon Jin have time to make baby. Voila, Byeol is born. The buildings containing control room for The Grid started exploding. Actor Kim Jae Myung made a cameo. Ghost is seen supposedly dead (?) or lying unconscious in a white dress with Kim Jae Myung & Ghost 2 looking down at her. And voila, EJ and SB arrived with baby at a warehouse and were received by a very much alive and super handsome Sae Ha and so was Ghost. Is this Dr. Kwon Su Ken or Sae Ha?

Did I perhaps miss the news about this having a Season 2 or something? And that perhaps they have finished filming (like Pachinko) and Disney+ is just showing me episodes from Season 1 only???

Nothing is explained or answered. LOL. And who the F is Ghost 2?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3

@peperomia Your Twitter led me to these cute photos

FQ1aKh7VgAUjWOc?format=jpg&name=mediumFQ1aKt3VsAA0HjM?format=jpg&name=medium

@Chocolate It's decent? Ok, so Sisyphus still wins. :lmao2: Now I wait for @abs-oluteM's verdict and @peperomia's thoughts and interpretation of the finale. Haha.

@Chocolate I asked our thread-owner-who-abandoned-her-own-BBcream-Oppa @SilverMoonTea last night if there was talk of S2 before the drama began. She said no. I'm honestly hoping with such a WIDE open-ended-hint-of-a-need-of-season-2, that Disney+ will tell us the casts have finished filming another 4-8 episodes of Grid. Seo Kang Joon is in the military already, so they have to had done S2 if that was the plan... else, damn the production team/writer... it's like another Arthdal Chronicles! I would not be happy Sae Ha is replaced by another actor.

That reminds me about my Season 2 Sweet Home... facing the same fate as Arthdal Chronicles as well 😭

• Haha 5
9 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate I asked our thread-owner-who-abandoned-her-own-BBcream-Oppa @SilverMoonTea last night if there was talk of S2 before the drama began. She said no. I'm honestly hoping with such a WIDE open-ended-hint-of-a-need-of-season-2, that Disney+ will tell us the casts have finished filming another 4-8 episodes of Grid. Seo Kang Joon is in the military already, so they have to had done S2 if that was the plan... else, damn the production team/writer... it's like another Arthdal Chronicles! I would not be happy Sae Ha is replaced by another actor.

That reminds me about my Season 2 Sweet Home... facing the same fate as Arthdal Chronicles as well 😭

He's in the army? 😱 Oh no, that means either no S2 or a long wait. They can't possibly change a lead actor right, especially since they resurrected him at the end.

AydAR9f.png

My take is, the Ghost and Sae Ha found a way to break the loop. That's why at the end, you see the Ghost sleeping/dead in the future (she found a way to hide from her "boss"), and yet alive in the past. This flashback scene shows that they discussed the paradox and probably came up with a plan to put up/maintain the grid without more people dying, including Sae Ha.

LOJkPTY.jpg

J6JPF3u.png

When Sae Ha first travelled back in time, he tried various ways but the people who died still died. He couldn't change the past without harming more people. In the last episode, Sae Ha was killed by Kim Manok. The Ghost then went back in time and tried to use Sae Byeok to help Sae Ha but it didn't work, because of interference from her colleague from the future. So it seems her boss from the future is an "enemy" of sorts. There's probably a lot of loops/trial and error before we got to that last scene of the 4 of them in the warehouse, all alive. S2 would show what happened, who/what is the future and how do they control what's happening and how Sae Ha and the Ghost can prevail.

9 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

It's decent? Ok, so Sisyphus still wins.

Haha yes. Sisyphus was illogical, from mid-way. It's not just the ending.

Whereas Grid has a decent plot, just no answers. Ep9 ended on such a thrilling note and the pace for ep10 should be just as exciting. But suddenly, it just mellowed half way through. Even if they wanted to give us an open ending, it should not be a dull one. That last episode definitely could have been better executed.

• Insightful 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

He's in the army? 😱 Oh no, that means either no S2 or a long wait. They can't possibly change a lead actor right, especially since they resurrected him at the end.

Haven't you seen the casting news yesterday? Lee Jun Ki is reportedly offered the roles Song Joong Ki initially played in Arthdal Chronicles Season 1! That's one big lead actor changed :cry:

When Sae Ha first travelled back in time, he tried various ways but the people who died still died. He couldn't change the past without harming more people. In the last episode, Sae Ha was killed by Kim Manok. The Ghost then went back in time and tried to use Sae Byeok to help Sae Ha but it didn't work, because of interference from her colleague from the future. So it seems her boss from the future is an "enemy" of sorts. There's probably a lot of loops/trial and error before we got to that last scene of the 4 of them in the warehouse, all alive. S2 would show what happened, who/what is the future and how do they control what's happening and how Sae Ha and the Ghost can prevail.

There are so much information not disclosed. I really hope they announce a season 2 else it really is ridiculous to end it this way. I don't mind more of Seo Kang Joon while he's stuck in the army anyway. You know, I'm wondering if they replaced Sae Ha's body in the present with Sae Ha's father's. It was never mentioned his father's body was found by either the guard or his lady boss, and that's why Sae Ha was upset after watching the videos in the original timeline and exclaimed: "That's not all!".

• Insightful 3
36 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

@mademoiselle Haha, I've not watched AC 1. So either SJK or LJK is fine for me for S2, if I watch it lol. I saw some images and it looks like it is set in caveman era hahaha.

AC is actually quite interesting. I like it. It was a challenge for Korean entertainment to make a drama in such theme. It has good concept too. I feel like I'm watching how civilisation began when at first it was a land of different races (one has spiritual power, one has a more superhuman strength, one has the wisdom of technology, one is a hybrid of the superhuman race and normal humans [SJK is the hybrid] and others are normal humans). One of the things I found interesting is the depiction of how the spiritual group tried to use religion to control people. It's like a reflection of current religions/politics. There really is similar pattern in each different historical periods, given we've learnt about what the older civilisation worshipped! And history showed us each oldern and fallen civilisations have their own Gods.

It's also reminded me of The Da Vinci Code when Ian McKellen revealed what he thinks the Holy Grail is and the Knight of Lazarus are protecting. The Opus Dei wants to remain in power so they conceal the fact so that they can control the world. AC is just the same, struggle to remain in power and fear the day the original lineage of the spirited ones returns.

Oooh, good point about the father. But since the son is the lead and the audience is more invested in his outcome, it would be strange to continue with the father.

Nah, not the father. He's dead. I'm just wondering whether they replaced his body from the past to the present so that Sae Ha could remain alive in that limbo (in between) place they travel to.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM's verdict and @peperomia's thoughts and interpretation of the finale. Haha.

This isn't as bad as Sisyphus nothing beats that. :laugh:

But I really don't think the final episode was meant to give us any answers. There is a S2 here for sure...

Like when SB had that aha moment - I felt really dumb because I couldn't figure out what  epiphany she had. LOL. Eps 10's story line just threw us more twists and gave us more questions especially when they introduced two more characters from the future. The only sure thing is that we know SB and EoJin had time in the middle of all this craziness to make a baby,  whom I am guessing  will become the Ghost - aka the chosen one to save the generations to come. 

My head is spinning :lmao2: But at least after reading what @Chocolate said , I have a sense of what could be going on.  I hope we can get a S2 cause I felt we have been left hanging. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

36 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

The only sure thing is that we know SB and EoJin had time in the middle of all this craziness to make a baby,  whom I am guessing  will become the Ghost - aka the chosen one to save the generations to come. 

2022 - Kim Manok & Say Byeok are about 30ish?

2022 - Byeol is born

2091 - Ghost is about 30ish, so she was born in ~2050+

It's probably Byeol who will meet with Kim Manok's child and create a baby = ghost. Means it should be KMN & SB's grandchild = ghost.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
18 hours ago, bai said:

I'm on ep 2 (before held up until more episodes come out) should I continue or.. :laugh: (I feel I'm exactly first-time Grid watcher representative) :laugh:

15 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Haha, you can continue. It's a decent show.

@bai I agree with @Chocolate. The show is decent for sci-fi. The hardest part for me was the 1 episode per week format which broke the momentum, but the plot was interesting enough for me to continue. (Plus, I can't resist SKJ!) Now that all 10 episodes are out, the flow of the story might be better for you.

======

So, I watched episode 10. Having been spoiled of it already and watching under the assumption that there will a season 2, I thought it was good. 

9 hours ago, Chocolate said:

My take is, the Ghost and Sae Ha found a way to break the loop. That's why at the end, you see the Ghost sleeping/dead in the future (she found a way to hide from her "boss"), and yet alive in the past. This flashback scene shows that they discussed the paradox and probably came up with a plan to put up/maintain the grid without more people dying, including Sae Ha.

[Picture]

I really liked how episode 10 showed Ghost grew to care about Sae Ha and Sae Byeok over time. Through multiple repeats, they were no longer people of the past to her. So yes, I agree with your interpretation that Ghost would definitely find a way to save Sae Ha and others from the loop. Given how shrewd Sae Ha is, the ability to break it most likely had to do with his input this time.

Knowing Lee Soo Yeon from Stranger, I can't imagine she would end the story without answers and more questions. I am certain there will be a season 2 to explain the missing gaps. I am guessing Ghost originally time-traveled back solely for the grid and to ensure the birth of herself/others. At first, it didn't matter to her who died or were sacrificed along the way. However, she grew to care and to try to save them through multiple repeats, I think went off her assigned mission. This may be why her boss/Yoo Jae Myung sent Lee Ki Hong to the past to handle things.

10 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

9 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Yes, sadly SKJ is in the military at the moment. Fans are actually counting down the number of days to his discharge. If season 2 hasn't been filmed already, I really don't think Lee Soo Yeon would switch him out and would wait until the whole cast can take part in it. Let's hope there will be confirmation of follow-up episodes soon.

Spoiler

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Like when SB had that aha moment - I felt really dumb because I couldn't figure out what  epiphany she had. LOL. Eps 10's story line just threw us more twists and gave us more questions especially when they introduced two more characters from the future. The only sure thing is that we know SB and EoJin had time in the middle of all this craziness to make a baby,  whom I am guessing  will become the Ghost - aka the chosen one to save the generations to come.

Based on Sae Byeok's monologue at the end, it seemed to imply that she purposely had her baby to continue the lineage for Ghost. She was never able to confirm her DNA linkage to Ghost, but for the sake of the future generations, she was going to take that chance and try to do her part.

Edited by peperomia
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1