Favorite Anime/Manga Characters

mirmz

• 1 year later...

20230308000519-0.jpg

"Suzume" at Megabox Seongsu in Seoul, Wednesday

Japanese director Makoto Shinkai of the latest adventure animation film “Suzume,” which references the 2011 Tohoku earthquake that took nearly 20,000 lives and left much devastation, said the key motif of a magical door that a protagonist tries to close to stop the disaster was inspired by the 2016 hit South Korean drama “Guardian: The Lonely and Great God.”

“When I watched 'Guardian,' it was impressive that the characters use a concept of door to move around the time and location and it became a key motif for me (to include in this project),” Shinkai told reporters at a press conference held at Megabox Seongsu on Wednesday.

“Suzume” revolves around a 17-year-old girl’s quest to stop an apocalypse triggered by the opening of magical doors all over Japan.

“A door symbolizes people’s everyday lives, because opening and closing a door is part of everyone’s mundane life. Repeating that action happens in our lives everyday – and what stops such everyday life is a disaster, so I thought a door would be a good motif in terms of the storyline,” he said.

The film is Shinkai’s third film in the series after "Your Name" (2017) and "Weathering with You" (2019), which both center around natural catastrophes like earthquakes and climate-related disasters.

As one of Japan’s most commercially successful animators, Shinkai has become the highest-earning director of all time worldwide with his 2016 smash hit “Your Name” “Suzume” which opened last year in Japan, became the third-biggest box office title, recording more than 10 million admissions.

“Suzume” hits local theaters on March, 8.

20230308000520-0.jpg

Poster for "Suzume" (Media Castle)

https://en.yna.co.kr/news

• Clapping Hands 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Anime I plan to check / complete :

Monthly Magazine Nozaki Kun

The Whisper of My Heart 

Kiki Delivery Service

Totoro My Neigbour

5 cm per second

Play It Cool Guys

Your Name 

Gosick 

Spy x Family 

Wotakoi : Love is Hard for an Otaku

Amagi Brilliant Park

The Tunnel of Summer, The Exit of Goodbye

Into the Forest of Fireflies Light

Horimiya

Romantic Killer

Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions

@Tofu

@mademoisellemy long list of anime plan watching haha....

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

• 2 weeks later...

By Pop News

A scene from the Japanese animated film ″Suzume″ [SHOWBOX]

The Japanese animated film "Suzume" has garnered over 2 million admissions in the first 13 days of its release in Korea, its local distributor said Tuesday.

Japanese director Makoto Shinkai's latest animation surpassed 2 million admissions at around 6:30 p.m. Monday, Media Castle said.

It became the second movie released this year that has exceeded the 2-million mark following another Japanese animation, "The First Slam Dunk."

"Suzume" has stayed on top of the local box office since it hit local theaters on March 8.

It is an adventure road story where a 17-year-old girl named Suzume helps a mysterious young man close magical doors that are releasing disasters all over Japan.

images.jpg

http://m.heraldpop.com/

• Like 2

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 8:30 AM, Darkarcana said:

It took 200 manga chapters of DS for it to get to the point of that I love so much..then it ended. 🤨😐😑 Oh come on!

Hello

I really enjoyed watching Demon Slayer . I have some questions how many seasons are out for this Anime and where can I buy it on dVD and where can I read the anime ?? 

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

19 hours ago, UnniSara said:

Hello

I really enjoyed watching Demon Slayer . I have some questions how many seasons are out for this Anime and where can I buy it on dVD and where can I read the anime ?? 

At this point I’m not really sure, but for now we will have 3 season and two movies.

• Heart Eyes 1

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

Hello everyone 

I just started Zombie Loan. I had started this anime when it first came out and ended up discovering Korean Drama and stopped watching it completely. 

Zombie Loan

Synopsis

Do you know when you are going to die? Michiru Kita does, as she has the ability to see a "ring of death" on the necks of those around her—and the darker the ring, the closer one is to death. 

One day, she notices that two boys in her class, Chika Akatsuki and Shito Tachibana, have completely black rings. Seeking to warn them of their impending demise, she stumbles onto their secret: they are already dead, but are kept alive due to a contract with Zombie-Loan, a mysterious loan office. Of course, nothing comes without a price, as the boys must hunt down and kill zombies in order to pay off their debt. And once they learn about Michiru's "Shinigami Eyes," they drag her into their crazy world.

[Written by MAL Rewrite]

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House