Favorites or Memorable Drama OSTs

LaLa

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Do You Like Brahms?

Taeyeon - Kiss Me

My fave song from Brahms...

I loved this song! Really set the secret feels between the two characters :BulbaOWO:

39 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Oh yes, Ghibli! I was listening to them a lot when I've been WFH. The 25 years concert Budokan version! Soooo good!

haha, Ghibli lo-fi or Ghibli instrumental is my WFH music when I want some quiet non-OST , non-indie music / podcast time :heart:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Hi @LaLa hahaha yeah, I do have a few drama OST to share - although I might not go back & pull them out like others, but I can share the ones that stand out for me. ^ ^

I'm Not A Robot

Kim Yeo Ji - Words of Your Heart

This one really stood out for me. When the music began with the piano and I'm already going soft... hahaha plus I think it's also the song between Yoo Seung Ho and Chae Soo Bin's loveline.

When the Weather is Fine - Waltz For the Two

Another personal BGM favourite, a duet of the violin and cello ~ it's Seo Kang Joon and Park Min Young bed music. Hahahahaha xD

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
13 minutes ago, LaLa said:

Among all the OSTs that have been released, 3 songs that I listen the most probably Aloha, I knew I would Love You and Beautiful My Love. What about you?

My top 3 from HP ost would probably be:

Aloha, In Front of City Hall at the Subway Station, Confession is Not Flashy

Let's face it, Aloha is probably gonna be in everyone's top 3 :laugh:

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2
4 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

When the Weather is Fine - Waltz For the Two

Another personal BGM favourite, a duet of the violin and cello ~ it's Seo Kang Joon and Park Min Young bed music. Hahahahaha xD

Hahaha spoilers! I'm finally watching it @mademoiselle...really liking it! It's such a cute slice of life so far. I like the quiet and mysterious main characters...but also the warmth and cosiness of a country bookstore in winter...And also LJW is such an adorable trash talker...so much to like about this drama. :heart:

I just realised I have weird OST tastes. So I'm not huge on dance-y Kpop or Ballads (which is like a majority of OSTs. LOL)...but I do like old songs, indie music, piano pieces and some sugary pop songs.

Classical piano OSTs

Drama: Dodosolsollalasol

Piano song: Twenty Fingers

I will always love the piano pieces from Dodosolsollalasol. This is the piece Rara plays for Jun whenever he comes home. It's just so sweet.

Drama: Crash Landing on You

Piano song: Song for my Brother

I also did like the piano piece for Crash Landing on You. I think it just sounds so beautiful and sad.

Sugary Pop OSTs

Haha, I don't know if I would like these songs if I haven't watched the dramas. These songs are tied to the super cute romances and are often played in that moment when they're starting to like each other...so I think I like these songs because they flood me with the happy drama memories :BulbaOWO:

Drama: Strong Woman Do Bong Soon

Pop song: 'Heartbeat' by Suran

This one is super cute and I'm pretty sure in played in every single moment that Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik so much as looked at each other.

Drama: Dodosolsollalasol

Pop song: 'Falling in Love' by April

This is one is pretty sugary too. It's the song that plays when they're frolicking on the beach after Jun steals Rara away from her second wedding.

More Korean Indie

Drama: True Beauty

Indie song: Flowerpot by Loveholic (covered by Hwang In Yeop)

The original song was by Loveholic and was well known for being from Coffee Prince...but it was covered recently by Hwang In Yeop for True Beauty. It's so goood...not sure if I'll ever get over this :wow:

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Cheese In The Trap OST

The drama itself indeed like a trap 😆 But the OST is quite lovely. Actually I quite enjoy the drama until they took wrong turn towards the end. 

Can I also talk about the oppa? This time I like both Sunbae and my brown eyes SKJ. Hard choice to pick 😀

Okay here the song, I like this 2 the most...

@LaLaSomehow I got too excited and post too many here... 🤔😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

5 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Secret Forest BGM opening Season 1

I love this too!

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:
  Hide contents
Memories of Alhambra - Inevitable Duel

@Chocolate Do you like this one?

Yes, I love this one too! The beat is so in-tune with the scene. Everytime the music comes on, we know something exciting is going to happen.

2 hours ago, JenL said:

Drama: Crash Landing on You

Piano song: Song for my Brother

I also did like the piano piece for Crash Landing on You. I think it just sounds so beautiful and sad.

As to be expected, I love most of the CLOY OSTs. Especially Song for my brother - where HB's character wrote the song when his brother died, played it only once and was heard by SYJ's character, when she wanted to kill herself. It saved her from being suicidal. She searches for the song to no avail. Only when she plays it for HB in NK, then they realise it is fate. The song made me search for korean ost score sheets online to play on the piano.

Thanks @LaLa for starting this thread. When I started to watch k-drama last year, I was amazed that the OSTs were lovely too. I now have a korean ost playlist on spotify, and several score sheets on my ipad. 😍 I shall slowly go through the recommendations on this thread.

Beautiful by Crush - Goblin

Meantime, this is one my favourites from Goblin. I fast forwarded a lot of the drama plus I don't listen to lyrics so I don't know what the song is about :pandablush: The melody attracts me.

This was the first drama I watched with Kim Go Eun. When she first appeared, I thought, surely she is not the female lead. She looks like a school girl 🤣

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@abs-oluteM@LaLa I tend to listen on loop with Anime ost but I do remember these dramas that made me love them for a lot of things and a must-have in the mix is a great ost. 

• Signal (2016) 
6 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Signal OST

Thank you for sharing this! I was just thinking of this when it comes to a kdrama + ost that was memorable for me as a whole with its writing, acting, directing and deserving a second season. It's THE drama that made me wanting to know if there are more of such genre and masterpieces in kdrama that I may have missed, with all those years I was always watching western crime/investigative dramas and eager to discover more in the future. I was also very happy at how they've made it authentic despite it being inspired by the film Frequency (2000) which I loved. 

• Chicago Typewriter (2017)

I watched it probably two years after airing and I kept thinking...wow...whoever watched this back in 2017 would say this is the best drama of that year, right? haha. I'm going to have to rewatch this in 2021. 

• Miss Hammurabi (2018)

The drama that made me buy its ost album right after it ended and I'm still listening to it happily.

Its list of instrumental music are beautiful too like these two below: 

• Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol (2020)

@JenL knows how much I kept asking about this song since its first few sec intro in ep 2 and patiently waited for it to be released finally sometime after ep 8.  With a song title "I'll Comfort You", it truly was a comfort to listen to it during the year end of 2020.  

Lyrics here : https://kgasa.com/elaine-ill-comfort-you/

I put this on the Piano playlist for my early morning train commute :hearties:  Truly uplifting! Highly recommended! 

I love its opening instrumental track for the drama, together with its beautiful illustration and animation, I couldn't skip the intro before each episode. 

------------

I do love a good ost and especially when the lyrics or arrangements are special even for a commute in our daily lives. At the moment, it's been Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol's ost that's been riding with me for quite some time. :yayaya:

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 3

Ahhh, OST. Nice. Finally something I can really contribute something. 

@SilverMoonTeaThe Signal OST is one of my favorites aswell, especially when the song plays in the last minutes of the drama I had goosebumps like crazy. 

Another drama I absolutely loved the OST was 'One Night Spring', fantastic songs, beautiful ballads.

The drama itself was so beautiful, but the music was so well chosen in every scene, that it created a really beautiful watching experience. 

Going to add more and more of all of my OST.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1
3 hours ago, Dhakra said:

@SilverMoonTeaThe Signal OST is one of my favorites aswell, especially when the song plays in the last minutes of the drama I had goosebumps like crazy. 

OMG. Yes! I felt the same too. I thought I was crazy to feel it then. 

3 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Another drama I absolutely loved the OST was 'One Night Spring', fantastic songs, beautiful ballads.

I would pick Rachael Yamagata's songs for many kdramas haha...and she sounded oh so good LIVE. I had the chance in this lifetime to go for her beautiful concert years ago and took a photo with her after it. :hearties:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3
17 minutes ago, eNDe said:

I put this on the Piano playlist for my early morning train commute

If we talk about piano, I also have something that might sound familiar to you and which I know you do like aswell. It's a drama that, besides having THE worst drama poster,  is a movie-like drama that is a bit hard to watch and needs attention. Secret Love Affair.

Since the piano plays a major part in this drama, as well as the piano piece "Schuberts Fantasie" , it's no surprise that a lot of OST are played on the piano aswell.

But do you remember how well every scene was accompanied by piano sounds and what kind of feeling the OST brought to the viewer? 

I am sure, a lot of people here haven't watched the drama and probably don't know what it's about (although the title might give it away), but the mood of the OST alone gives you a pretty good idea how heavy and atmospheric the drama is. 

4 minutes ago, eNDe said:

I would pick Rachael Yamagata's songs for many kdramas haha...and she sounded oh so good LIVE. I had the chance in this lifetime to go for her beautiful concert years ago and took a photo with her after it. :hearties:

No way!! You lucky one! I can only imagine how beautiful her voice must be live. There really are some musicians you need to hear live only once. 

Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

@TRaNz For DotS, I'll with Davichi's OST then :D

This is like a theme song for the 2nd couple by Jin Goo and Kim Ji Won. I wish they have more air time rather than the villain. xP

Spoiler

@im0202 Ah yes, In front of the City Hall at the Subway Station (gosh the tittle is so long LOL) it's also nice. And are you sure the singer of Confession is not Flashy didn't contribute of you liking the OST? Hahaha just joking. 

I can't wait to hear OSTs list for HP season 2

@JenL It's okay. Everyone has different taste in music. Hmm indie band. For now the song that is sung by indie band that come up to my mind is probably Fake Spring by Acoustic Collabo from Lies of Lies drama. I remember @abs-oluteM also like this :)

Spoiler

@ChocolateGlad that you enjoy this thread so far. I agree that Goblin has several enjoyable OSTs. Other than Crush's Beautiful, I'll choose Ailee's I Will Go to You Like the First Snow. Sigh.. :heart:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Dhakra said:

Ahhh, OST. Nice. Finally something I can really contribute something

Welcome :) Feel free to use the thread to share your favorites or memorable OSTs. 

@SilverMoonTea LOL do post as much as you want :MeowthM: By reminiscing about the OST, it might help you remember about the countless oppas that you collect from each drama :laugh:

@Nohamahmoud2002ahh I enjoy listening to that OST too. Another OST from Heartstrings that I enjoy is Star by Kang Min Hyuk. I think this song is my first time listening to Min Hyuk's voice. I'm so used seeing him playing drum only ever since CN Blue debuted. It's not until I watch Heartstrings that I listen to his singing voice.

Spoiler

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 3

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Just now, LaLa said:

@Nohamahmoud2002ahh I enjoy listening to that OST too. Another OST from Heartstrings that I enjoy is Star by Kang Min Hyuk. I think this song is my first time listening to Min Hyuk's voice. I'm so used seeing him playing drum only ever since CN Blue debuted. It's not until I watch Heartstrings that I listen to his singing voice.

Yes I remember the song by Min Hyuk. I love CNBLUE. I started looking for their songs after watching Heartstrings back in 2013, so it has been 8 years of CNBLUE fandom😀

Try those

Spoiler

Edited by Nohamahmoud2002
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2
8 minutes ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

Yes I remember the song by Min Hyuk. I love CNBLUE. I started looking for their songs after watching Heartstrings back in 2013, so it has been 8 years of CNBLUE fandom😀

Ahh have you watched You're Beautiful? Yong Hwa played as the second lead there, before he debuted in CN Blue. In there the actors play as an idol group band. While both Yong Hwa and Lee Hong Ki, are in fact the vocalist for their own group, they didn't really sing in the drama. From that drama, my favorite OSTs are two Still (or As Ever) by Lee Hong Ki and Promise, a collaboration between Yong Hwa and Hong Ki. 

Hearing them performing this live together is such a blessed :wow:

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

@abs-oluteM @LaLa - Sohyang is one of those singers where it doesn't matter what she is singing, I'll probably end up liking it. She has such an incredible voice filled with so much emotions when she sings. :heart:

@NiteWalker - I love all the songs by Mao Di in Go Ahead's OST, but I actually like Fearless a little bit better. Like you did with I Will Stay Here, I resonated a little more with Fearless. I had a unconventional upbringing so this song definitely reminded me a lot of those moments. 

8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

This song is so Park Saeroyi, right @Tofu? xD

Completely Park Sae Ro Yi!! :wow:

This song is from Fermentation Family/Kimchi Family. The drama came out 9-10 years ago. In the drama, they talked about all types of different foods. I remember looking forward to all the food clips in every episode. Haha! This song blends pansori with hip hop, which I thought worked really well. In some ways, it mirrored the leads' life story -- the female lead grew up in a restaurant that's known for serving your traditional Korean foods and the guy is a little rough around the edges. 

• Like 7
  • Heart Eyes 1
9 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha spoilers! I'm finally watching it @mademoiselle...really liking it! It's such a cute slice of life so far. I like the quiet and mysterious main characters...but also the warmth and cosiness of a country bookstore in winter...And also LJW is such an adorable trash talker...so much to like about this drama. 

I like the drama too. I find it soothing and "quiet". I like that they get together for the book club too.

6 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Yes, I love this one too! The beat is so in-tune with the scene. Everytime the music comes on, we know something exciting is going to happen.

It's also a cinematic kind of music... it'll sound great with surround sounds haha.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
6 hours ago, LaLa said:

@TRaNz For DotS, I'll with Davichi's OST then :D

This is like a theme song for the 2nd couple by Jin Goo and Kim Ji Won. I wish they have more air time rather than the villain. xP

hahaha, DoTS holds probably the most OSTs that I go back to just to have a emotional soppy moments too. HAHHAHAHA

Like anything from the first 8 track are just amazingg..

omo omo Lyn's voice is pretty much golden for me when it comes to OSTs, hits the spot sooo well.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --