You Are My Spring 너는 나의 봄 [2021]

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Young Do met one of the twins in the restroom washing blood off his uniform. From the blood on his face, it looks like the twin with the nosebleed.

I went to rewatch the scenes. The one washing uniform is the one with forehead injury. He has 3 cuts, forehead, nose, cheek. You can compare with ep.5 when he's back in the hotel room. 

There are two gestures by the twins to note. One is patting of Da Jung's hair, once in Dec 1994, another one in current time by the dead twin. The other one is the stepping of Young Do's foot, once in between Dec 1992 until Dec 1994 (the time the elder twin was in orphanage), another one in current time at Young Do's office, also by the dead twin.

Then, should we be concerned that the person who keeps sending gifts to Da Jung's mother is also surnamed Hong? Considering all the kids in the orphanage is recorded as Hong? 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

@ktcjdrama Have to revise the timeline a bit. I forgot to check the scene of Young Do's flashbacks of when he was left at the orphanage by his father.

Spoiler

Chae Joon / Choi Jeong Min confessed to (E3):

- killing Kim Myeong Ja on 13 March 2003

- killing police office Lee Jeong Beom on 3 June 2018

- killing Cho Gwang Hun on 18 December 2020.

Kim Myeong Ja is the woman at Nanum Jeil Prayer House/Orphange.

Lee Jeong Beom is the police officer whose heart was transplated to Young Do.

Cho Gwang Hun died at building 99 but we don't know his relation to the twins.

1992 (E2)

- The twins' mother drug the older twin and abandoned him at the orphanage.

- Young Do stayed at the orphanage for a while and met Ian Chase there.

1994 (E1, E6)

- Da Jung met the twins at the dodgy church.

- Young Do (11 yo) stayed at the orphanage for a while.

March 2003 (E5)

The twins met. The one running out of the house in nosebleed was wearing high school uniform so he might be Choi Jeong Min (he has a name tag with 3 words on). They then exchanged clothes and the uninjured twin went back in. The woman lying there (dead?) doesn't look like it is Kim Myeong Ja but the twins' mother. The man zipping up his pants looked like the man from the Nanum Jeil Orphanage, Nam Jin Bok. Did he perhaps kill their mother or rape her? This part isn't clear. Nam Jin Bok then injured the twin's forehead. 12 hours later, they seem to be in a hotel room where the forehead injured twin tells the nosebled twin, "Don't forget how far I went for you. The shadow should't covet the light."

Young Do met one of the twins in the restroom washing blood off his uniform. From the blood on his face, it looks like the twin with the nosebleed. Based on the scar on his face, it is the twin who exchanged clothes with the nosebled twin.

1994 is likely the year Young Do met the twin at the orphanage now. In E6, the father said to the mother Young Do was only 11 years old. Young Do is 38 years old in current timeline.

So if the twins switched in 1994 at the church then Young Do might have met Chae Joon instead then the twin who stepped on Young Do's foot would be Chae Joon in the past and present. It would also explain why Ian Chase doesn't react to every memory asked of him because it may not be his.

In E6 Ian was dreaming and it seems like on that same day, one of them were being sent to the US. We were shown the man was going to take the twin with the jumper... by the way, why is Ian always dreaming he's in the water? What's the symbolic meaning of this?

You were right about the twin Young Do met in 2003. The nosebled twin didn't have a scar in the middle of his face.

Now that we have this sorted, it has become a lot more intriguing because the mystery here is to figure out which twin is which. Another mystery would be there is another man stalking them, and potentially he is the person who murdered Chae Joon. I'm not one bit believing Chae Joon committed suicide.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
18 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

In E6, the father said to the mother Young Do was only 11 years old. Young Do is 38 years old in current timeline.

I wanted to calculate by age given, but you know how Koreans are with the way they calculate their ages, so I felt it won’t be reliable anyway. We should get more clues later, just being impatient here haha...

• Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

22 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I wanted to calculate by age given, but you know how Koreans are with the way they calculate their ages, so I felt it won’t be reliable anyway. We should get more clues later, just being impatient here haha...

It should be the same (+1 year). I got the 38 yo from tvN character description.

• Like 1

Episode 9

*Laughs* The interactions between Da Jung and Tae Jung are lovely & funny. It's such a huge contrast to when they were young as I remember how Da Jung took care of Tae Jung, played by child actor  Elijah (Hi Bye Mama & Mouse).

I'm glad this episode covered some of the mystery however it's still as clear as mud, lol! Even when we were shown the guy who maybe the one murdering Chae Joon, we have no idea who he is. What he narrated made no sense either.

Someone put a hit on him? Wae?

The book "Perfect Murder"? - what's the link?

Why was he fooled by an 18 years old boy (one of the twins)?

On the contrary, it was nice to see more personality and/or old habits from Ian. It once again highlighted just how much he had been influenced by the life he had at the orphanage, having to eat fast otherwise I presume he may have his food taken away when the time is up. I'm also starting to understand how much he hates seeing Da Jung's scared/shocked expressions when she sees him. It must not be a nice feeling.

Huge progress with the OTP's relationship too! Da Jung finally being able to tell someone about her childhood trauma. Great performance there from Hyun Jin and Young Do made a big leap by giving us a beautiful and satisfying kiss. :wow: Just too bad that the TV ratings are not doing well.

New Stills

• Heart Eyes 1
9 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

The kiss

The kiss is so HOT! Especially when put in slow-mo gif... 

I love that Young Do kept teasing Da Jung every chance he got about the ripped shirt 😂

I think I have now figured out why it’s so hard to get into the character of Da Jung here. Sorry for being superficial, but I really don’t love her hairstyle when the hair is all let down. The center parting bangs made her face even longer with collapsed top part and puffed up bottom part. She looks so much nicer when her hair is up in ponytail or in princess style (when her brother visited). I have enjoyed Seo Hyun Jin’s other roles but just not enjoying her role as Da Jung here. Her best for me is still Let’s Eat 2. 

• Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

OMG @mademoiselle what was that ending?!! I do love the development in the romance department, but I wish there’s more to the mystery also. It’s a bit too scanty for me now, and usually as a cliffhanger like that 😣

As for the romance, I like it so much so that I wish I have had met someone like Young Do to date. He is so cute being in love. I really like the “she’s not my girlfriend, just someone I like”. I enjoyed the quiz from the magazine too, and how the little boy continued to be the narrator even when he was “studying” for it at home 😂 yes, JYD/KDW is so so soooo cute! Can I have him?

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Episode 10

Agree @ktcjdrama, what was that ending?! I love it though ~ it's a good cliffhanger! I'm betting on it has something to do with that no-name supposedly beggar looking guy is the one who frame him. Wait, I don't even know if it is supposed to be framing. We'll know next episode. Either way he'll be the prime suspect.

Ian is an intriguing character but I think he shouldn't fault Da Jung for being scared of him because he keeps doing things that scares her. A normal person wouldn't grab onto a knife. And a normal person if knows someone is scared of him/her wouldn't come close proximity to intimidate her even more. That just makes the situation even worse. I guess he doesn't understand that since if he does, he wouldn't have done it.

The camping scenes were fun although it probably doesn't add any value to the storyline. I like it anyway because they went from "we're not interested to play games" to really enjoying it. The girls and the boys are bonding too. I had hoped that Ga Young would bring Patrick with her too coz they make a cute couple. I wonder who Eun Ha kiss...

And what was that notice of succession mean? Is their father dead? Also the foreshadowing from the fortune teller - that had to be Ian right? I find it hard to believe a fortune teller can tell so much from a name, a birth date and a rough birth time. Tsk. We didn't get to see more about Young Do but I'm assuming it is because Young Do had a heart transplant and changed his destiny, that's why the fortune teller asked if he's still alive. :idk:

Young Do is soooo adorable this episode!

Him thinking "it was too fast (for sex)" after she said she's going "to sleep" after their kiss. :lmao2:

Him running towards Da Jung (such a puppy) offering to carry her luggage.

51356128231_db8f26fb26_o.gif

Him swaying left & right dancing~ kyaaaaaaa. I realise I haven't adopted Kim Dong Wook as Oppa so I'm adopting him today!!! Join me @ktcjdrama you can have him!

img.gif

source (1) (2)

@Tofu Are you really going to MISS OUT something like this? :lenny:

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
41 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm betting on it has something to do with that no-name supposedly beggar looking guy is the one who frame him.

But I don't think that guy has any power though to set up something like this? And he is under captive too after being beaten up to a pulp. I think it's that lady with short hair. The one who wants Ian to come work for her.

Ian is an intriguing character but I think he shouldn't fault Da Jung for being scared of him because he keeps doing things that scares her. A normal person wouldn't grab onto a knife. And a normal person if knows someone is scared of him/her wouldn't come close proximity to intimidate her even more.

I agree. When someone had grabbed my neck, I would be wary of him. Da Jung has been very forgiving already... Oh that knife grabbing scene. I'm like why are people grabbing the sharp blade instead of the hand??? I'm quite overwhelmed by a scene like that tbh. Saw it in Voice 4, Devil's Judge and now here, all in less than half a week!! The only one I could accept is Voice 4, because the guy is already injured and stuck under the villain, not free to move, so whatever he could grab, I can understand. But in Devil Judge, the moment she grabbed the blade, he should've let go and not put any more force on it. And here, he is a surgeon for goodness sake! Shouldn't he protect his hands well so as to perform surgery?? He really could've just grab the man's hand/arm. That guy is even smaller frame than him.

The camping scenes were fun although it probably doesn't add any value to the storyline. I like it anyway because they went from "we're not interested to play games" to really enjoying it. The girls and the boys are bonding too. I had hoped that Ga Young would bring Patrick with her too coz they make a cute couple. I wonder who Eun Ha kiss..

Yeah, the camping scene was a nice breather, for us too I guess, haha... I'm surprised they were let off so easily by the others for folding away one of their fingers. Did Eun-ha get back together already with her ex-boyfriend?

And what was that notice of succession mean? Is their father dead? Also the foreshadowing from the fortune teller - that had to be Ian right?

Yeah, I also think that the father is probably dead. And yes, it had to be Ian. That's what I want to believe. Please, Da jung needs a break. As for Young Do, I also think it's because he got the new heart that he was able to prolong his life.

Young Do is soooo adorable this episode!

Him thinking "it was too fast (for sex)" after she said she's going "to sleep" after their kiss. :lmao2:

Him running towards Da Jung (such a puppy) offering to carry her luggage.

Tell me about it!! Super duper adorable I want to pinch his cheeks. I can't believe he actually thought Da Jung is inviting him in after the kiss :laugh: and yes, the "give me that" that was first misunderstood, and then when they were almost caught holding hands, how Da Jung panicked and made up the excuse... The dancing together... Their interactions in this episode is just super cute!! Secretly dating is hard work :lmao2:

Okay okay, let's adopt him for August! :heart:

Da Jung's centre parting bangs that made bell-shaped forehead still bothering me a lot. I want to reach into the screen to give her a makeover. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

9 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

But I don't think that guy has any power though to set up something like this? And he is under captive too after being beaten up to a pulp. I think it's that lady with short hair. The one who wants Ian to come work for her.

That would be too extreme isn't it? It does her no good to have a surgeon working for her who has a bad reputation (even if he is later cleared of being a suspect). I still think it's that mysterious guy. He might have escaped from the men outside and went looking for Ian to confront him...? It's very likely that he planned the letter and Chae Joon's death so it'll be likely he did the same drugging Ian and (potentially) framed him for killing Noh... or it could be an accident we don't know yet.

10 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Did Eun-ha get back together already with her ex-boyfriend?

I didn't think so. The last that was shown was her ranting to Young Do. I kind of don't wish for her to get back with him.

10 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I'm like why are people grabbing the sharp blade instead of the hand???

I know right!! Just the thought of it I'm feeling pain! Like why would I be so stupid to inflict pain on myself? I guess I'm just not a masochist. In The Devil Judge, I think Soo Hyun did it so that it'd impact Ga On. Voice 4 sounded like the person had no other choice - either get hurt or get killed. This one is just plain stupid. LOL

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

That would be too extreme isn't it? It does her no good to have a surgeon working for her who has a bad reputation (even if he is later cleared of being a suspect). I

True, but I think it's like, you don't want to work for me, so I may as well ruin you... I'm not sure. 

• Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

3 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

True, but I think it's like, you don't want to work for me, so I may as well ruin you... I'm not sure. 

I know what you mean however he didn't reject her offer and he hasn't helped her end her father's life yet (right?). It'd be a wrong move to frame him now.

• Insightful 1
On 8/4/2021 at 8:39 PM, ktcjdrama said:

Da Jung's centre parting bangs that made bell-shaped forehead still bothering me a lot. I want to reach into the screen to give her a makeover. 

(Forgot to respond last night) --- Hahahahahahaha I know what you meant. I've done my complaint before the drama aired and when the first stills were released. It really doesn't compliment. She needs a new hair stylist.

• Clapping Hands 1