The Witch's Diner / Come to the Witch's Restaurant 마녀식당으로 오세요 [2021]

Jane

On 6/26/2021 at 10:52 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

Recently my dropping drama rate become high again 😅

Hahaha what have you dropped? 

12 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Good question! I am wondering too. 

These have subs

I'm also wondering...haha because one episode a week would be my dream (and no one else's) :pandahehe:

Thanks so much for the subbed videos - it all looks so good, especially the second trailer! I feel like this is exactly what I wanted for this series :BulbaOWO:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

8 minutes ago, Tofu said:
11 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

This one totally have Harry Potter feel to it haha....

It also has a Hotel Del Luna vibe too. Haha!

Thanks !!! So excited seeing the preview. The vibes are even darker than Hotel Del Luna. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

On 7/13/2021 at 1:11 PM, Tofu said:

I love that today has been nonstop Chae Jong Hyeop updates. :heart:

Me too...let his face flood my news feed! :heart:

On 7/14/2021 at 3:31 PM, Tofu said:

New video of the three leads. I love their chemistry off screen. :heart:

Yesss...loving their cast chemistry! :hearties:

I also can't wait to see the actual story...it looks very comforting in that it's about human struggles...like I'm sure everyone has experienced wishing for things like revenge or winning the lottery before...and it looks like a show that will remind you in a fun way to be grateful for the things in your life rather than paying  price for things you may want but don't need  :smile:

2 hours ago, bairama said:

I likeee the vibe. Darker than Hotel Del Luna.. ? Harry Potter a bit, Jihyo really good in witch style! Gonna follow this one

The dark vibe is definitely drawing me in :wow2: Yay! glad to see you're interested in it too!

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

I watched a little bit of episode one and so far it's just setting up the drama. 

Gil Yong is such a nice person. He is willing to help his friend, who is being bullied knowing it may ruin his running career. Can we get Rainbow Taxi or the Counters in here? These bullies were so disgusting to watch! :niu:

Jung Jin has so much misfortune, is that even possible for one person? 

I'll continue the rest of the episode when I get home from work today. Super excited to see their encounters with Song Ji Hyo's character. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Episode 1-2

I like the opening credit. The drawing is pretty. It has that fairy tale touch. I aslo see why you guys say it has Hotel Del Luna's feel too. The set-up of her house (and initial restaurant) are very similar. Even the extravagant fashion is sort of similar but being a witch, Ji Hyo's fashion choice is more adult and less cutesy. In addition, like Man Wol, Hee Ra also has a butler-like man who manages her affairs.

I was surprised to see Lee Kyu Hyung's cameo. This guy is everywhere recently. Not that I'm complaining. Would have love it if the cameo was longer.

It also felt like there's Harry Potter's reference, particularly the Mandrake. I was wondering if they would be talking to the Mandrake in the coming episodes. This Mandrake is definitely cuter.

Not sure how Jin and Gil Yong are connected but witch, Hee Ra, is the one that seek them out. I'm also wondering if Hee Ra is really Jin's mother. I also hope they are not blood-related because the show is telling me they both had their own family. Jin's father has a stroke and dementia so he's staying at the sanatorium. Gil Yong's mum has passed away and he lives with his father.

I like Gil Yong but I'm a bit sad he plays a high school student! I was anticipating a romance to develop between Jin and him! And it does seem like he likes her because the show hinted that his wish was to be the part-timer in the Witch's Diner to be with Jin..?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

I already love this drama. There's certain themes/ feels/ aesthetics/ actors I like and this one is ticking all the boxes so far! :heart:

Episodes 1-2

- Yay! It's Nam Ji Hyun. She's so cute. Every time I see her in a drama or film I think she's adorable and I just want to pat her head. Her voice kind of reminds me of Moon Ga Young's voice sometimes :hearties:

- So I was eating dinner when I started episode 1 and I'm glad I finished somewhat quickly because this is a show with food which looks really grotesque (but to be fair, it also looks oddly beautiful at the same time). I believe it's because the food is shown with a lot of red liquid elements (looks like blooood)...and also the sound effects and visuals of the cutting/ digesting/ eating of the food are raw and messy :shocked: Anyway, my advice is not to eat dinner while watching...might put you off  :laugh:

- Even though this series deals with the hardships and injustices of life, there's also quite a lot of warmth - it feels a lot like the Taxi Driver / Move to Heaven feel, except fantasy. The introduction to Jin's life reminded me a lot of TDK's life in Doom at your Service, but I like the pacing and warmth of this first episode compared to the one for Doom (Probably because Doom featured one of my least favourite K-drama tropes: Terminal illness). :heiboi:

- Does it make me a bad person if I say I'm kinda glad the witch granted Jin's wish? :smile: That ahjumma was so nasty to her mum!!! :pandarage2: But I guess it might have been taken too far with the 'ending her life bit' :pandahehe: I guess Jin now has to live with some pretty creepy nightmares. I nearly had a heart attack when she saw the ahjumma's ghost :lettalKWA:

- In terms of revenge on the mean ahjumma, I thought the rat infestation and losing all her business and reputation forever would have been revenge enough. You know what revenge I'd like to see? The ones on the evil school bullies!!! :pandarage2::pandarage2::pandarage2: If the witch is going to ruin their lives, I'm going to say they deserved a pretty savage revenge for how vile they've been! :popcorn:

- It's only been 2 episodes and I'm already in love with Chae Jong Hyeop / Lee Gil Yong (LGY). He's so nice and genuine and cheerful and mature. I love how he's sticking up for his friend, but also how even though his life isn't exactly peachy, he's not bitter about things and tries to live in the moment rather than worry as he tells Jin - this is something I totally wish I could do :heart:

- Also, ahhhhh Jin and LGY have such cute chemistry :wow: Haha, I actually didn't realise there was a character age difference until the second ep when they sat on that bench together. Or maybe I've been corrupted by Dodosolsollalasol and now I accept that sort of Working Noona - School boy crush romance...hahaha (Only in K-dramas, not in real life!) :idk: That bench scene was so adorable by the way - I liked the song that was playing in the background and the way LGY was soooo happy after she pat him on the head.  :pandablush:

- Hee Ra is so cool :pandalove: I have a total girl crush on this witch and when I grow up, I want to be just like her :laugh: I do like witches in fantasy dramas/ Tv shows/ movies, so I guess it's no surprise that I'm all for the dark, witchy aesthetics. :wow:

Edited by JenL
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

23 hours ago, Tofu said:

Can we get Rainbow Taxi or the Counters in here? These bullies were so disgusting to watch! :niu:

Hahaha I was totally thinking that too! Where's Kim Do Ki when you need him for revenge? :laugh:

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I like the opening credit. The drawing is pretty. It has that fairy tale touch. I aslo see why you guys say it has Hotel Del Luna's feel too. The set-up of her house (and initial restaurant) are very similar. Even the extravagant fashion is sort of similar but being a witch, Ji Hyo's fashion choice is more adult and less cutesy. In addition, like Man Wol, Hee Ra also has a butler-like man who manages her affairs.

The opening credits are so pretty...but I think I tend to like these pretty animated styles...I liked the ones for Doom too which I think were similar? Yes, the fashion is good here too like Hotel Del Luna...while Man Wol was more comically into living the good, bourgey life, Hee Ra has a sardonic streak of cruelty which is fun in a different way. I like both characters :heart:

It also felt like there's Harry Potter's reference, particularly the Mandrake. I was wondering if they would be talking to the Mandrake in the coming episodes. This Mandrake is definitely cuter.

Haha, it did feel a bit HP with the Mandrake and broom. I laughed when she said it was just for sweeping though as if it was the most obvious thing :smile: And this Korean species of mandrake is wayyy cuter than the Harry Potter one, or that marvel talking tree, Groot.

I like Gil Yong but I'm a bit sad he plays a high school student! I was anticipating a romance to develop between Jin and him! And it does seem like he likes her because the show hinted that his wish was to be the part-timer in the Witch's Diner to be with Jin..?

Hahaha, DDSSLLS trainned me for this type of love story so I think I'm ok  :laugh: I like your theory that his wish was to be with Jin! I thought it was to help his friend, but maybe his friend wouldn't need the help since it looks like he's finding his own backbone with the phone call scene.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2