Nevertheless 알고 있지만 [2021]

57 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I haven't watched it either and want to know the answer to this question too -- is it worth the watch?

Can you and @JenL just kidnap Do Hyuk away from Nabi? 😫 I am so annoyed watching Nabi acting all uncomfortable and worried of any misunderstanding there was something between her and Do Hyuk whenever Jae Eon is around. She was literally walking on eggshell (so to speak) even though she tried to act tough/ignore him! She keeps stealing glances at Jae Eon and gets jealous when Do Hyuk's cousin hit on Jae Eon.

One thing I find Chae Jong Hyeop scary is when he is smiling he's so sunny but when he isn't, he looks super pissed.

And Sol's sexuality is now confirmed 🥲 I still cannot like Ji Wan. She keeps acting cute to get what she wants. She does it to Nabi when Do Hyuk gave Nabi his trophy doll. She does it to Sol as well. And what was that "I like you" confession. Is it supposed to mean as a friend or more than that?

Finally Bit Na and Kyun Hyun. LOL. I thought JTBC said they will reduce Kyun Hyun's screen time but from this episode it has more than he usually does 🤣. Maybe it is necessary and will only be less from next episode onwards. But I hope not if we want to tell a proper story.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
45 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Edit: This show really makes me go back and rewatch Sunbae's compilation cuts.

think I should watch that series too. Haven't watched it yet! Will add it to my watchlist after your posts + scanning some reviews. Though I like to read why you love it moi!

• Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

2 minutes ago, bairama said:

think I should watch that series too. Haven't watched it yet! Will add it to my watchlist after your posts + scanning some reviews. Though I like to read why you love it moi!

Hahahaha! The first 2 episodes will be a bit hard because there's cheating boyfriend to get through first. You are welcome to back-read our posts. I think for one, both leading characters are likeable. Secondly, male lead character had always been there for the female lead, protecting her and loving her even though she doesn't love him at first. The side-characters are good too apart from the main second leads (that part you are more than welcome to FF, LOL!)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@mademoiselle I know the show is containing your ult oppa but but after watching the compilation, the FL is so beautiful here! She is the one in Rain or Shine right :JuiceGhost:

for Nevertheless ep. 7 I don't really know what to say, it's dap dap hae like you said. 

I see there is some kind of war out there because someone said Nabi is a b*tch but I don't think it's like that. My frustration come from the way their conversation is going on before the kiss scene, and all the events before that in ep 7. Dohyeok makes me stress as well. But I think it is natural flow of the story within all those characters build.

Sol makes me think she wanted to runaway because she knows her feeling for Jiwan? Jiwan is still annoying to me though.. I don't see any depth on her character by far.

And btw, is Jaeeon probably saw the Nabi's sclupture by her ex at first episode? Idk but the preview of ep. 8 makes me have impression like that. And someone appoint about that too somehow.

• Like 4

G O O D  V I B E S  

@bairama What Rain or Shine?

1 hour ago, bairama said:

I see there is some kind of war out there because someone said Nabi is a b*tch but I don't think it's like that. My frustration come from the way their conversation is going on before the kiss scene, and all the events before that in ep 7. Dohyeok makes me stress as well. But I think it is natural flow of the story.

Nabi - I don't want to judge so soon yet whether or not she is a b*tch. However it's clear that she isn't over Jae Eon and upon seeing the phone call from Do Hyuk, she not only ignored it she wanted to continue on with the kiss. That's the bit I didn't like. Since this is a 19+ drama, let's be blunt - she was feeling lustful and at the moment wanted to go spicy with Jae Eon. It probably has been a while since they fought.

I think the fault is not in Nabi if Do Hyuk insisted on chasing her when he knows she likes Jae Eon. However it would be inappropriate if Nabi don't reject Do Hyuk after his confession. She needs to sort out her priority/heart. She would be a player herself if in the next episode she dates/sees Do Hyuk, or treats him like a rebound and thinks of Jae Eon.

It does happen in real life I get that but doesn't make it a likeable story.

This episode is dap dap hae because nothing really got resolved or cleared up. It's as clear as mud and I don't like it either that Jae Eon is doing wordplay. If you don't have a girlfriend SAY IT CLEARLY rather than, "Is that the issue?" - WTH is that? Like dude, I get it, you are interested (and very) into Nabi but the girl still needs to know your true heart. This is why I much prefer Sunbae because the Hyun Seung is crystal clear from the get-go of his heart to the end. :pandarage2::pandarage:

And btw, is Jaeeon probably saw the Nabi's sclupture by her ex at first episode? Idk but the preview of ep. 8 makes me have impression like that. And someone appoint about that too somehow.

It's suggestive, yes. But I think it's just the editing.

Sol makes me think she wanted to runaway because she knows her feeling for Jiwan? Jiwan is still annoying to me though.. I don't see any depth on her character by far.

Yeah she probably wanted to go overseas in the beginning to run away but then she realises she couldn't because Ji Wan won't let her. Not every character has time to develop depth unfortunately. We'll be thankful the story isn't ruined for the main leads lol.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
14 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@bairama What Rain or Shine?

a Kdrama too, have another title.. Just Between Lovers

14 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Nabi - I don't want to judge so soon yet whether or not she is a Barbie Girl. However it's clear that she isn't over Jae Eon and upon seeing the phone call from Do Hyuk, she not only ignored it she wanted to continue on with the kiss. That's the bit I didn't like. Since this is a 19+ drama, let's be blunt - she was feeling lustful and at the moment wanted to go spicy with Jae Eon. It probably has been a while since they fought.

I think the fault is not in Nabi if Do Hyuk insisted on chasing her when he knows she likes Jae Eon. However it would be inappropriate if Nabi don't reject Do Hyuk after his confession. She needs to sort out her priority/heart. She would be a Barbie Girl if in the next episode she dates/sees Do Hyuk, or treats him like a rebound and thinks of Jae Eon.

It does happen in real life I get that but doesn't make it a likeable story.

This episode is dap dap hae because nothing really got resolved or cleared up. It's as clear as mud and I don't like it either that Jae Eon is doing wordplay. If you don't have a girlfriend SAY IT CLEARLY rather than, "Is that the issue?" - WTH is that? Like dude, I get it, you are interested (and very) into Nabi but the girl still needs to know your true heart. This is why I much prefer Sunbae because the Hyun Seung is crystal clear from the get-go of his heart to the end. :pandarage2::pandarage:

you said it all, thank you *clap clap. I don't judge that soon about Nabi too. I'm heavily agree, especially on SAY IT CLEARLY, instead wordplay. Like I don't expect it all totally cleared up in ep 7, but at least, one thing: Seol A as girlfriend or not. Nabi needs that info.

Nabi doesn't really in fault about Dohyeok because he didn't confess yet. His feelings to her is his responsibility too. And she maybe neglect all the signals from him because she just have her eyes on Jaeeon for now. But in preview ep 8 finally we can see Dohyeok confesses to her. I'm agree it would inappropriate if Nabi doesn't reject him immediately in intention want to keep him as safe point for her own hope of healing/a rebound.

Okkie off to watch TDJ my love:heart: 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

@mademoiselleI like their presence on The Swoon couch, talk, game.. Adorbs:pandalove: they are like good chingus having fun

Kangie answer for his attractiveness: silly. And then he did make that position of paper before staring game LOL he can't help to laugh too :lmao2:

*The Swoon latest one I know is in set of separate chair. It's different

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

There is discussion that Nflix has mistranslated the scene right before JE-NB kiss at the ending ep. 7

JE actually asks her to speak honestly..~

But if I was NB maybe I can't really say that at the moment because the probability it doesn't make change at all.. I will just run to aunt's house

• Like 4

G O O D  V I B E S  

im losing interest in the show. LOL.

main leads...tired of seeing them together...on screen in general. hahaha

Would rather see the banter between the friends/school friends.

Havent got much to say unfortunately, ep 7 was just like.....time wasting?

Well...only 3 more eps left.

• Haha 5

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

There is discussion that Nflix has mistranslated the scene right before JE-NB kiss at the ending ep. 7

Is it? Which bit because I do remember Jae Eon told her to be honest. I watched in Chinese so I don't think it was mistranslated (+ I also listen to what they say if it isn't too complicated to understand).

29 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

Hahaha I was (sort of) ranting few posts before. Likewise I was like *yawn* for this episode and just generally annoyed with all of the OTPs. But yeah, I will watch them all because it's almost to the end.

• Haha 5
7 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Is it? Which bit because I do remember Jae Eon told her to be honest. I watched in Chinese so I don't think it was mistranslated (+ I also listen to what they say if it isn't too complicated to understand).

in Nflix, the English translation yeah kinda. Is the one I attach from twitter same with your understanding version?

39 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

so yeah ahahahahahahaha

ep 7 is really tiring to watch

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

12 minutes ago, bairama said:

in Nflix, the English translation yeah kinda. Is the one I attach from twitter same with your understanding version?

Yup.

The mistranslated bit here is what Jae Eon said...  in Korean I understood it as he asked "Is that the issue?"

It was translated to "That's not the issue" in English - which makes Jae Eon a total jerk but the tone of the line is a question to Nabi. And Chinese version translated to "Is this what you care about?" (or more like is this what's bothering her).

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3

I'm finally all caught up on the episodes...

While I am glad to see Jae-On finally realize his feelings towards Na Bi, I am extremely frustrated in that he continues to talk in circles instead of just telling her exactly how he feels. Seol-a already told him that she had told Na Bi they were dating. Why didn't he clarify with Na Bi? From my understanding, they aren't actually dating. More like exes turned friends.. if he is bothered by Na Bi hanging around Do Hyeok, why doesn't he straight up tell her where things lie? It seems so insincere to me. 

As for Do Hyeok, I find him adorable. I think we can all agree that Na Bi would be better off with him..

However, I can also sympathize with Na Bi... as frustrating as Jae-On is, he has a certain charm that she finds irresistible and although he draws the line, he also is very good at making her feel desired. And I understand why Na Bi's feelings are constantly confused. Jae-On and her have been spending so much time alone together, doing things a couple normally does but without the commitment. As much as Jae-On keeps her at arms length, because he also can't help but be attracted to her, he keeps doing little things that cross the same line he's careful to draw. So Na Bi is stuck in this constant push and pull.. "is it going to be different this time? Maybe he's starting to have real feelings.. maybe he'll want more too" 

It's hard to gain perspective when you are so immersed in the moment and especially difficult when you get along so well with the other person and have such a strong attraction. Let's face it, Jae-On is who she wants but in reality, Do-Hyeok is who she needs. 

It would be unfair to Do-Hyeok if Na Bi strings him along. Na Bi needs to set either men straight and just have an honest conversation about where they all stand. While Jae-On has been elusive, Na Bi is also at fault for not being vocal and clear about her expectations of him.

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 4

spacer.pngCurrently watching: Law Cafe, Love in Contract, Mr. Bad, Cheer Up!

On 8/4/2021 at 12:35 AM, Mouse said:

I'm finally all caught up on the episodes...

While I am glad to see Jae-On finally realize his feelings towards Na Bi, I am extremely frustrated in that he continues to talk in circles instead of just telling her exactly how he feels. Seol-a already told him that she had told Na Bi they were dating. Why didn't he clarify with Na Bi? From my understanding, they aren't actually dating. More like exes turned friends.. if he is bothered by Na Bi hanging around Do Hyeok, why doesn't he straight up tell her where things lie? It seems so insincere to me. 

As for Do Hyeok, I find him adorable. I think we can all agree that Na Bi would be better off with him..

However, I can also sympathize with Na Bi... as frustrating as Jae-On is, he has a certain charm that she finds irresistible and although he draws the line, he also is very good at making her feel desired. And I understand why Na Bi's feelings are constantly confused. Jae-On and her have been spending so much time alone together, doing things a couple normally does but without the commitment. As much as Jae-On keeps her at arms length, because he also can't help but be attracted to her, he keeps doing little things that cross the same line he's careful to draw. So Na Bi is stuck in this constant push and pull.. "is it going to be different this time? Maybe he's starting to have real feelings.. maybe he'll want more too" 

It's hard to gain perspective when you are so immersed in the moment and especially difficult when you get along so well with the other person and have such a strong attraction. Let's face it, Jae-On is who she wants but in reality, Do-Hyeok is who she needs. 

It would be unfair to Do-Hyeok if Na Bi strings him along. Na Bi needs to set either men straight and just have an honest conversation about where they all stand. While Jae-On has been elusive, Na Bi is also at fault for not being vocal and clear about her expectations of him.

clap clap clap huhuhu I love this post.

And it is interesting to read  Han Sohee Tatler's exclusive:

Q: In an ideal world, how would you want the relationship between Yu Na Bi and Park Jae Eon to turn out?

SH: No matter how things turn out, I don’t want them to make choices they’ll regret. Whether they decide to move forward together or separately, I want them to be happy. Their relationship is so passionate and full of love that no matter how it ends, I think I’d understand their choices.

"I don't want them to make choices they'll regret".. Is very nice answer.

Q: In your opinion, what are the qualities that set Nevertheless apart from other romance dramas?

SH: The show is very realistic and genuine about emotions that you don’t want to act on but, as the title says, you nevertheless do. It evokes a range of emotions, from embarrassment to the kind of empathy you have for situations you feel like you’ve experienced in your own life.

Source & full article: https://my.asiatatler.com/society/han-so-hee-netflix-nevertheless-yu-na-bi-song-kang

- Song Kang interview: https://my.asiatatler.com/life/tatler-exclusive-song-kang-netflix-nevertheless-han-so-hee

Q: There are a few story arcs involving the other characters of Nevertheless. Which one are you hopeful for and personally want to see more of?

SK: I’m personally looking forward to Bit Na’s story. I know viewers joke about her being 'the girl Jae Eon', which might be why I kind of feel a connection to her. I started rooting for her without even realising it (laughs). Just like Jae Eon’s encounter with Na Bi helped him to face himself and realise what he really wants, I hope Bit Na will also have that wonderful moment of self-realisation.

• Like 3

G O O D  V I B E S