Nevertheless 알고 있지만 [2021]

@gilaswan I can't see Jae Eon be the end game for Nabi, and in real life, I would never want someone I know to choose someone like Jae Eon too. Nabi met him when she was in a vulnerable state and he showed her a good time. To me, Jae Eon is nothing more than a good time. I'm in this to see how Nabi is going to develop into her own person especially since her ex-boyfriend was controlling and Jae Eon is only with her when it's convenient for him.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hope something develop more for these two

I like them too . 

@Tofu agreed . I don’t think it will be right for Jae On to be the end game .  He’s just too much of a player , 

Okay this pervy aunty here is ready for more bed scenes! Bring it on :brb:

• Haha 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

10 hours ago, Tofu said:

I can't see Jae Eon be the end game for Nabi, and in real life, I would never want someone I know to choose someone like Jae Eon too.

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Tofu agreed . I don’t think it will be right for Jae On to be the end game

:letalQQ: That just means Song Kang doesn't get his girl again. :PikachuFacePalm:

• Haha 4

:pandahehe: summary of today's plot:

Spoiler

This one is +19 ...look at the veins on SK hands! I approve - his veins that is. :D

Spoiler

Ahem ..Song Kang behind the scenes also not so innocent :smug:

This guys seems sweet...

Spoiler

• Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

23 hours ago, Tofu said:

@gilaswan I can't see Jae Eon be the end game for Nabi, and in real life, I would never want someone I know to choose someone like Jae Eon too. Nabi met him when she was in a vulnerable state and he showed her a good time. To me, Jae Eon is nothing more than a good time. I'm in this to see how Nabi is going to develop into her own person especially since her ex-boyfriend was controlling and Jae Eon is only with her when it's convenient for him.

:1000: for that after watching just half of ep. 4

hshshs bye Jaeon

But but Song Kang looks so dashing. Is the story will make Jaeon disappear at one point? By episode when feel like I need to prep my expectation to see him on screen lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

Episode 4

I am confused. With how everything played out between Nabi and Jae Eon, anyone would think they are dating and in a relationship and honestly I don't really see a difference either.

The difference perhaps lies in how Nabi herself viewed "this" relationship. Narratively it is Nabi's story, her point of view and she narrates and tells us what she thinks or perceive of Jae Eon. We have no privilege to Jae Eon's thoughts.

I can't helped but wonder if she was the one who made this relationship the way it is - since she was the one who asked him to keep their relationship a secret and he agreed to it without us knowing what he truly thinks. She complains that their relationship only has nights no days. She's insecure because Jae Eon has bad reputation. There's a few scenes that because of her insecurity, she rejects his touch or is cold to him. From the way Song Kang reacted as Jae Eon, he looks a little taken aback/hurt.

The drama plays it out that Jae Eon looks head over heels for her and can't stop taking his eyes off of her at school. I mean, if you're seeing someone for sex only, wouldn't you just have sex and leave? Jae Eon stays with her, talks to her, cuddles her to sleep, washes her dishes for her... and even ran from another platform to her platform upon seeing her and spend the whole day with her on her birthday, cheer her up, buys her birthday present and almost cook her seaweed soup. That's what a boyfriend does not a guy who only wants sex and no commitment. I am so so so confused. :BulbaConfused:

Having said that, Jae Eon does appear to not like talking about himself. There's some backstory to it for certain as there's hints now. His mum is a professional dancer and must be too busy or neglected to celebrate/make seaweed soup for him for his birthday (that's why Jae Eon wanted to make it for Nabi). It seems to suggest he is the way he is because of his mother.

Looks like the story is going by the webtoon since at the end a man showed up and beat Jae Eon. That had to be the husband of the woman Jae Eon was seeing, right? Could the wife be Seol Ah? The show hasn't tell us what's the relationship between Seol Ah and Jae Eon.

Oh Bit Na needs to grovel at Nam Gyu Hyun, LOL. These girls are making their parents worried by sleeping around/having one night stand. :psweatduck:

Potato boy is cute but not much can be said yet. He obviously likes Nabi since a while back and still is.

• Insightful 5
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I am so so so confused. 

At the first ep 4 in the morning after they had it, he wanted to breakfast alone & just said he wanted to keep seing her. If I was Nabi too it will be a very big sign he doesn't want to be kind of commitment boyfriend??

Even well, the confusion may comes bcs is Jaeon doesn't realize that himself already plays role of bf, fallin to Nabi and just have commitment issue.

But but what about his talk about butterflies? It is implicit the girls or what.. I.. I want to know what are they talking about (Sola Jaeon).. If girls.. Weo thats creepy:KittyGun::680695677_HalloweenChampion2020: 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

1 hour ago, bairama said:

At the first ep 4 in the morning after they had it, he wanted to breakfast alone & just said he wanted to keep seing her. If I was Nabi too it will be a very big sign he doesn't want to be kind of commitment boyfriend??

Even well, the confusion may comes bcs is Jaeon doesn't realize that himself already plays role of bf, fallin to Nabi and just have commitment issue.

:idk: That conversation is ambiguous. Up for interpretation.

Jae Eon was all dressed & ready to go. Meanwhile she sits on her bed starring at him.

This can easily sends Jae Eon the message that she's skipping Uni. In seeing this, he tells her he's going to find something to eat outside. Alone. She didn't ask him to stay or eat with her or says she wants to come. Instead she said she'll continue to sleep.

Cause & effect - both their response & reaction depends on their own interpretation so Nabi could have expected him to invite her and since he didn't, she tells him she will sleep.

Eating outside - perhaps he didn't want to bother her anymore. She's still sick & tired from "the exercise".

Alone - Either he is telling her he wants his "me time" or he tells her so that she doesn't get the wrong idea.

Next he asked if he could continue to see her. "Should we meet up sometimes?" and she interprets it as him meaning he just wants to see her and sleep with her without dating.

The first sentence didn't sound anything like he didn't want to date her. It actually sounds like a guy asking a girl permission to see her and be in a relationship. The second question I'd say is more suggestive that he doesn't. Under normal circumstances, if you've been "some" with someone for sometime and you guys ended up sleeping/kissing it means you guys are in a relationship. Not all guys will ask the girl "Should we date or date me". So in this case, if Nabi is in doubt, she should clarify with Jae Eon straight up instead of concluding that he didn't want to date. She was prejudiced against him from what she heard/seen.

That said, we also have to take into account the Korean culture and the language. So I can't tell whether the way it was said supposed to mean what Nabi thinks and "sa-gwi" is the only word used by Koreans to ask someone out officially/be in a relationship. There was a deliberate contrast between Nabi-Jae Eon pairing vs Bit Na-Gyu Hyun where Gyu Hyun outright asked Bit Na "sa-gwi/date" him.

1 hour ago, bairama said:

But but what about his talk about butterflies? It is implicit the girls or what.. I.. I want to know what are they talking about (Sola Jaeon).. If girls.. Weo thats creepy

This one may have double meaning, especially from Seol Ah's side. I don't know if Jae Eon meant his butterflies as girls.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Insightful 3
9 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

:idk: That conversation is ambiguous. Up for interpretation.

Oh yup thanks for pointing this out. I'm so in Nabi's filter! But still Bitna, and what other people talks around about him really don't help for me to thinks that he is really a player. A smooth player, but I do symphatize, he may countered with bad past before he become like that

I want to keep open mind to him.. But again he seems to know really well what girls expect from boy! Haha show let me learn

• Like 3

G O O D  V I B E S  

20 minutes ago, bairama said:

Oh yup thanks for pointing this out. I'm so in Nabi's filter! But still Bitna, and what other people talks around about him really don't help for me to thinks that he is really a player. A smooth player, but I do symphatize, he may countered with bad past before he become like that

I want to keep open mind to him.. But again he seems to know really well what girls expect from boy! Haha show let me learn

By the webtoon Jae Eon is definitely bad news. The Jae Eon that kissed a girl and then straight away kissed Nabi is also YUCKY... but I'm just not sure drama Jae Eon will continue to be bad news :idk: I'm more confused with the scenes where they look like they are dating but from Nabi's narrative they are not. My perception of friends with benefit most definitely doesn't look like that LOL.

OST 3 and 4

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
On 7/10/2021 at 11:02 AM, Tofu said:

Jae Eon will be a very difficult person to trust. Not unless something drastic happens to his own personality such that he suddenly finds himself able to commit to a single person, he would really not be "boyfriend material". To be fair though, he's also Nabi's rebound fling. She's not actually ready for another relationship and she actually knows it. It would be good in real life if nobody is the end game.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

@mademoiselle@bairama

I finally trudged through and finished episode 4. I watched it only because of your comments and I wanted to see if indeed it is a "confusing" portrayal of what "friends with benefits" is generally understood to be.

I agree with the two of you. If anything, you are right to say all we hear is Nabi's POV and good grief, if this girl were my friend and she were telling me all of this, I'd love to give her a good shake. She is starting to annoy me. 

This week, we get to see a bit more of Nabi's backstory. She comes from a single parent family and her mother does not seem to care much for her. Nabi is neglected and craves love and attention. This is probably how the writer wants to explain why she falls easily for anyone who is willing to "splurge time" on her. Her ex was like this, now it's Jae Eon. However, she clearly learned an unpleasant lesson from her first serious relationship - when you give off your entire self to another person, it's not necessarily a 1-for-1 fair exchange. Loyalty in return is not guaranteed. She has therefore swung to the opposite end in her thought process and is now not willing to commit. She mistakenly thinks that if she doesn't do anything that makes her appear as if she is reciprocal in a relationship, then she is protecting herself and her feelings. She's trying to gain the upper hand here by being the one to reject than to be rejected. However, her starting point is to assume that Jae Eon has already rejected her. He has actually not. 

Now, Jae Eon. Do his actions and words suggest he only wants her for her body (as she herself assumes and articulates in her voiceover thoughts)? Not as far as I can see. He seems quite willing to get into a relationship with her. He wants to engage in public displays of affection. He sends her these knowing looks which he does not bother to hide from the others. He wants to be with her. When he says he wants to keep seeing her, I don't think he meant he only wanted to keep sleeping with her. The only person in the group who's really being casual about physical relationships is Bitna. No one else as far as I can tell. Nabi asked Jae Eon if he was seeing anyone else, and he very honestly said, "No." She's making assumptions about him without actually asking him directly if these assumptions are true. If anyone is only wanting the other for a physical relationship, it's her. Not him. 

In comes Noodle Boy (sorry, haven't committed his name to memory yet), which I fear will be the biggest loser in this game. Nabi does not deserve him nor his sincerity. Gawsh. If anyone is a red flag for anybody now, it's actually Nabi. The guy isn't always the one at fault. At least Bitna isn't shy to state her perspective on things. Nabi says one thing (or behaves one way in front of others), but then does something else behind closed doors with Jae Eon. She's not being honest. Can you tell I really don't like her? :niu:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Potato noodle boy is one that seems so pure @gilaswan, I'm kinda agree if Nabi wants to take chance with him, she should finished herself first about her insecurities with Jaeon.

I like the way doramaticbites explain about Nabi's problem now in the character

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

I finished episode 4 today and it was a bit confusing like everyone said. 

Prior to this, we've known Jae Eon as someone who likes to flirt around and unwilling to commit. However, I'm starting to think that Nabi is the one with commitment issue. She's unwilling to make their relationship known even though most of their friends know they are seeing each other. Her communication with Jae Eon is pretty one-sided. Nabi overhears a bunch of people talk about Jae Eon and automatically thinks he's messing around with her without having asked him. Like @gilaswan said, Nabi is rejecting Jae Eon first because she fears his rejection. 

There are still more growing pains for Nabi to navigate through so I'm staying hopeful that things will change. I want her to be able to build her confidence and be a little more upfront with her feelings as well as not care so much about what others think of her. If not, I'm not sure if I want her to end up with our Potato Boy or anyone else. :niu:

Look at this smile! He deserves the best. :eeeee:

05d08b680f3f49d7d9bde72d16b8a71f6f22bb5d

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1