Nevertheless 알고 있지만 [2021]

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

He is going from being the person who is always crying to making other people cry.

Well he's granting your wish of not crying all the time :eeeee:

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

OMG  @mademoiselle I am yelling :lol:...this boy is gonna be kissing many people on this show

Kissing everyone BUT us. :duckPHAT:

@bluepebbles I kind of don't think it would be too 19+ but I'm happy to be surprised kekeke.

• Haha 5
On 6/11/2021 at 10:57 AM, bluepebbles said:

Nevertheless Webtoon Spoilers

Yes I unlocked some coins last night to fast track the webtoon and sharing the gist here for those who are interested. (But I am actually curious how JTBC would propell the 19+ rating compared to the webtoon) :Ghastlel:

This is from chapter 1-15

Reveal hidden contents

I guess I still have yet to see Do hyuk and Seolah  in the webtoon. 

Nevertheless spoilers from Chapter 16-18

Chapter 16

Spoiler

From the ending of chapter 15, Nabi found out about Eunhan getting back together with his ex. Frustrated, she went home alone that night.

Jae-on called. He said he happens to be in the neighborhood to sleep over with his friends and wonder how Nabi is. He asks if she wants him to come over. A confused Nabi hung up the phone. Jaeon called thrice but she ignored. She then plans to answer him after when he call again but he never did.

Only to find out Jaeon called 911 instead to check Nabi’s unit ! LOL 

They went to Nabi’s unit to forcely open the door.

Nabi:Why would you call 911 because I missed your three calls? You did this on purpose 

Because you knew I was messing with you,right?

Jaeon: If I call someone more than three times knowing the won’t pick up, that’s love

Nabi asked if he was in love before which only made Jaeon laughed. They bickered once again but the building tenants shoo them away to stop.

Nabi says goodbye but Jaeon invites her to drink.

They went in a pub ,got drunk and went home at Nabi’s house.Jaeon carried Nabi on her bed. Before he let her go, she said: “You flirted with me first..so don’t make me looked like a fool”

They SLEPT TOGETHER literally .

Chapter 17

Spoiler

Morning came. Nabi panicked waking up with Jaeon sleeping beside her. They both prepared for school. After Jaeon took a shower he asked Nabi for a hair dryer. Nabi did dry his hair.

She said she wants his hair down because he looks cute that way. Jaeon compliments back saying she looks good if her hair is tied up.

“Hey about last night..”

“You’re pretty”

*insert Episode 17 spoiler*

*with jtbc promise I am pretty sure they will also include this convo:

“Hey do you have any DISEASES?”

(Jaeon bursts out laughing)

“I’m serious!”

Then Jaeon went to get a protection. 🤫

Jaeon left first. He used the shirt he lent to Nabi (this is when Nabi got her untimely period and Jaeon rescued her by lending the shirt to cover her pants)

If not for the school near Nabi’s place they could have breakfast together but Jaeon decided not to. Basically their friends with benefits relationship is a secret.

At school, Bitna approached Nabi at the locker room to tell her something interesting news.

Chapter 18 “I know what kind of guy he is and I still hooked up with him”

Spoiler

Basically Bitna was just telling to Nabi about Jaeon’s supposed sleep over at his friend’s house . Instead he SLEPT at a girl’s house that night. Nabi pretended she is no longer interested. However with Bitna’s way of telling her, Nabi is wondering if her friend caught up and just waiting for her to confess.

Chapter 18 is a montage that it’s been days (or weeks) that Nabi and Jaeon are sleeping together. 

“The fact that MY NIGHTS are no longer lonely made it harder to let them go”

A week before Nabi’s birthday, Jaeon asks if she is available on the weekend to see an exhibition. Nabi is curious if he really knows that it is her birthday or just a mere coincidence.

At school , Nabi joined her friends for a pizza. They talk about commitment in relationships versus a regular friendship specially during special events like birthdays. Nabi randomly asked how about friends with benefits—are they obliged to do something on each other’s birthday?

• Haha 3
  • Shocked 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

7 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle - I only watched a few minutes but I don't think Song Kang was really making anything. It seems like he was drawing on the playdoh instead. :laugh:

I don't think they both know how to make good use of the clay (I think is clay)... I played with them before when I was really young. My sisters made a human lady out of it. I'm not sure what I did LOL. The "artwork" stayed with my aunt.

Song Kang kept saying he wants to make butterfly but ... lol.

• Haha 3

Haha there are bed scenes for sure - k drama standard steamy ok @Chocolate , not Bridgeton style :MewWave:

@mademoiselle @Tofu  now you can see why he work out so hard - he was showing off his arms here . I don’t see no abs though. 
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQIUhY8H0wM/?utm_medium=copy_link

@bluepebbles  Did you finish the novel ?  Am curious to know if he was a jerk all the way through or there’s more to him . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

4 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM Supposedly Song Kang will truly fall in love with Han So Hee. It's always the case... the ML meets that special one :MewGiggle:

@bluepebbles Is there annoying triangle love in this one?

Spoiler

I guess the ex professor, in chapter 19 he is trying to win back Nabi . Like he is saying he will break up with his current GF as long as Nabi will welcome him back. He is also insisting that he knows Nabi can't leave without him that's why she is hanging out with a cassanova. :pandarage2:

I am not sure if the prof is also part of the cast?

• Insightful 4

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

26 minutes ago, bluepebbles said:

@mademoisellemaybe just maybe, the reason why the drama may have remove the professor character is because of the arc itself is quite controversial--considering that Nabi is still a student . With the teacher-student relationship not a prevalent topic yet in pop culture specially in kdramas.

I agree with you the general public may not be open-minded to immoral pairing. I think it depends on the context. I also think they might follow the webtoon too in the sense that this is on cable TV, rated 19+ and airs on 11 PM. If adultery theme dramas e.g., World of the Married got away with it, this one should be able to especially when the context is not on encouraging teacher-student relationship.

There's also another drama named Melancholia which is also teacher-student relationship drama. Reportedly Im Soo Jung and Lee Do Hyun were courted but no more news after that.

• Insightful 4

Nevertheless spoilers from Chapter 31-40

Spoiler

Chapter 31

So from 31 we already have Do-hyeok and Seol-a in the story. 

Nabi is in the country side with her aunt. Do Hyeok is walking her home, but at the same time having their last time together because Nabi is going back to Seoul the following day. He might not able to catch her but he promised to be there before she leaves. During their convo, Jaeon keeps on calling Nabi. 

Nabi hugs Do-hyeok , because he is about to cry. (could be SLS warning from here on :lol:

When Dohyeok leaves, Nabi answered the call from Jaeon. 

"You got to be kidding me" she said. 

Chapter 32

Nabi is ranting about the phone call to her aunt. She only said about Jaeon 's breaking up with "her girlfriend" and asked her when she is coming back. Aunt mentioned how Nabi and her mother as so much the same, coming to her and complaining about their love lives. 

- Aunt and Nabi's mom were the ones who thought about Nabi's name--mom want her life to be sweet as the nectar, while aunt wanted her to be able to spread her wings wherever she goes.

-Dohyeok apparently brought flowers for Nabi. While he is practicing what to say-Nabi was there. Embarrassed as he is, he confess what he feels. Of course Nabi rejected his feelings for some reasons. Dohyeok assumes it was because of Jaeon (tho he did not know his name i presume). Nabi said that was not the case,

Chapter 33

"It;s because I played mind games with his GF. Then I pretended I hadnt done anything and came here to escape. When I get back to Seoul. Ill probably get into a huge fight with him.... Right now I don't have the ability to love someone wholly."

Dohyeok is taking his chances, asking Nabi to give him a chance. (this screams SLS :cry: )

Again, Nabi says no. They parted. She get the flowers tho--for her aunt to keep.

At the bus station, Nabi is just thinking of getting on the bus when Dohyeok came. He made a proper goodbye but he is not giving up either.  "I give it some thought. Until you find another man or tell me that Im just not the one for you.. I won't be able to give up on you. I'll text you " :pandalick: *He was blushing after LMAO*

In Seoul , an expectant Jaeon is waiting at the front door--of Nabi's unit perhaps.

Chapter 34

Nabi and Jaeon talked. About the break up .About Jaeon being sincere. Nabi said forget it. Jaeon is persistent. He asked what he should do for her to listen. Nabi said kneel . He kneeled. He asked if she believe her now. Nabi again is having second thoughts.

Chapter 35

Still Nabi wont believe Jaeon's intention to have a serious relationship. Days go by , both are busy with their sculpture which are due. One night, Nabi have a convo with Dohyeok. Both are trying to squeeze in their scheds in order to see each other, but both don't have the right time to do so (nabi having an overnight with her friends). Then suddenly, Jaeon hugged Nabi from the back interrupting the call ! She asks why. Jaeon handed her the other pair of her glove which she dropped.

He said he was jealous. "I hope you'll recognize my feelings soon. This is harder than I thought."

The day of the overnight trip arrived.

Chapter 36

During the trip, both Jaeon and Nabi are not talking to each other. Bitna confronted Nabi about this. Nabi asks her to stop asking . But Bitna is insisting to know what exactly happened because it is an outing after all. The silence coming from them both makes the atmosphere awkward for everyone, and they will be having a drink later. Nabi finally said Jaeon asks her out. Bitna was surprised. (All along no one knows about their complicated relationship)

Bitna says he changed and that is a huge deal so no need to play hard to get. :cool: Nabi did not deny she has no feelings for him, but anxiety always kicks in everytime she is with him. She asked Bitna not to tell anyone. 

Later that evening the group talked about their plans. One of the students mentioned that Jaeon and seonghun havent been to the military yet. Jaeon said it depends when the right time comes. Bitna being the pushy that she is, asked is it because of a lady? Then everyone is curious who is that girl.

Nabi is panicking.

"Is she here with us?"

"She is"

"Would you like to kiss her?"

"That would be nice"

"Do you want to live with her for a hundred years?"

"are you having fun?" Nabi finally spoke up and she walked out . 

Nabi is mad about what Bitna did . While Bitna is defending what Nabi said about her feelings is still there, Jaeon overheard it. He asked Bitna to leave them .

Chapter 37

Nabi and Jaeon reconciled, and decided to give it a chance, and try to have a serious relationship.

However that night, Do Hyeok sent a video to Nabi about the things they did together. It somehow hurts her that she foresees they will no longer text each other soon?

The spoiler photo I posted before is in this scene. However, Nabi being weirded out don't want to do IT. 

She pushed Jaeon Park out of the bed.

Chapter 38

Things went fast on this chapter.  While the group is expecting an announcement of Nabi and Jaeon dating news. It is the other way around. 

"Well, its; not the first time Ive seen a girl like you. Girls like you always find a way to ruin things whether im good to you or not. Usually I just argue with them and let it go, but what you did really pissed me off. "

(because I skipped 10 chapters, there should have been something Nabi did that pissed Jaeon a lot)

"Im sure we both said a few more hurtful things to each other, but I dont remember . Perhaps i forgot about them on purpose" . 

Nabi became the lethargic that she is (sleeping, doing nothing for days) , until her mother came to console her. 

Transition -Christmas came. And so Do Hyeok.

Chapter 39-40

Do Hyeok is based in Seoul as a trainee as a chef. Both Nabi and him are quite busy that they only communicate thru text. That Christmas Day, Nabi finally confessed what happened between her and Jaeon. She asked Dohyeok to leave her for good because she don't want to be guilty about him being good to her ever since. 

They parted ways in the street, Nabi wanted to walk Dohyeok at the bus station but he refused. If she really care about him, she just let him leave. At the middle of the street, Dohyeok left with Nabi standing there, crying. The crowd noticed her assuming that Dohyeok was the boyfriend breaking up with her. She grabbed one of the bystanders but before she punch her , Dohyeok fetched her and both of them left. 

Dohyeok confessed that like Nabi , he also had been in shitty relationship similar to hers. 

They decided not to end their communication. Sometime had passed, until they met again.

They started dating, however Dohyeok started to become famous because of one video uploaded on social media. This made Nabi a little insecure,that even at one time when they both strolled in the park , fans of Dohyeok approached him.

While the fans took photo of him, Nabi overheard a guy talking about butterflies to a girl. Even without seeing his face he knew who it was because of the navi tattoo.

"Do you want to see the butterflies im raising?"

"Whoa, that's so cool! Do you keep them forever like pets?"

"No. Usually I let them go after a while, but sometimes they fly away on accident. That just how it is."

"When you let them go, do they survive well on their own?"

"I guess so. Do you want to hear something interesting? Butterflies look free, but actually..they travel on the same paths forever.:

"Hmm. I feel kind of sorry for them."

"Really? I think they should just enjoy it"

The end.

My thoughts after reading the rest of the chapter 

Chris Rock Oh Wow GIF - ChrisRock OhWow Oh - Discover & Share GIFs | Chris  rock, Chris, Gif

Spoiler

After reading the last 10 chapters I am in awe. To be honest, I am expecting that the webtoon=drama but then omitting the Nabi's ex professor boyfriend could be a sign that there will be deviations from the webtoon.

But I really like how the ending went. I am just for the realistic one, at the same time I think this would give justice to Nabi for valuing herself more than anyone else. Even if she still struggles with her new relationship with Dohyeok, she is trying to get away from the norm that she believes . 

Do hyeok is too good to be true, but then , I like how the writer had made him the not perfect guy in the story. I just hope his character will be more in depth in the kdrama version. Im saying this because i skipped ten chapters. But maybe with the ending, I would be liking his character more from the rest. 

Jaeon is an interesting character, which I think Songkang had made this project as one of his next character to bring into life. In the webtoon he is a douchevag , I might not even liking him at all in the drama version. HOwever, the character choice also is intriguing which makes me wonder how will song kang interpret Jaeon as his own. 

Nabi.. ah Nabi. Let me hug you. You feel shitty about yourself but you do this on your own accord. But you becoming a courageous woman that you are to make one step away from Jaeon is the highlight of the story. I cant wait to see how Han Sohee will make her to be loved and hated by the audience. Because definitely her character is a roller coaster.

• Thanks 4

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor