Dal Li and Gamjatang 달리와 감자탕 [2021]

On 9/3/2021 at 8:33 AM, Warm Paws said:

The dog looks so cute on the third one! But what's the animal in the original supposed to be? Looks a bit alien to me. And look at how buff it is! Those biceps! 😄

For me it looks like a ferret. But the title of the artwork is Lady with an Ermine. Another name for it is stoat or short-tailed weasel. Still a relative of ferrets. Not for pets because they’re wild carnivore and ferocious predators. Interesting is that their fur is brown in summer and changes to white in winter...??

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Park Gyu Young Is Left Stranded With Her Belongings In Upcoming Rom-Com “Dali And Cocky Prince”

park-gyu-young-11.jpg

Upcoming KBS drama “Dali and Cocky Prince” shared new stills of Park Gyu Young in character!

“Dali and Cocky Prince” is a new romantic comedy starring Kim Min Jae as Jin Mu Hak, a man who lacks schooling and book smarts but is extremely resourceful and talented at making a living, and Park Gyu Young as Kim Dal Li, a woman who is intellectually polished and comes from an elite background but doesn’t know how to take care of herself.

Spoiler

park-gyu-young-22.jpg

Park Gyu Young’s character Kim Dal Li is a visiting researcher at an art museum and the only daughter of a family so elite that only those invited to her family’s end-of-year party are seen as truly part of the high society. Proficient in seven different languages, Kim Dal Li has a dignified air in her actions and speech, and she’s a charismatic and considerate character who treats everyone equally.

In the new stills, Kim Da Li faces a baffling situation. She is left on the streets with her luggage, and she looks both lost and shocked. Another photo depicts Kim Da Li drinking soju alone. Despite her tough situation, she doesn’t lose her elegance and dignity, which ironically highlights her pitiful situation.

Spoiler

park-gyu-young-31.jpg

The production team hinted, “Kim Da Li, who was inside the fence of a prestigious family, will face a big change. Please check out her story through the drama as she steps into a new world.”

“Dali and Cocky Prince” will premiere on September 22 at 9:30 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser here!

source

@abs-oluteM Sighhh what to do? Dali and the Cocky Prince is the official English title 😓

New teaser

• Like 3

Kim Min Jae And Yeonwoo Are Eccentric Friends With Unique Backstory In “Dali And Cocky Prince”

dali-and-cocky-prince.jpg

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Dali and Cocky Prince” has shared a sneak peek of Kim Min Jae and Yeonwoo in character!

“Dali and Cocky Prince” is a new romantic comedy starring Kim Min Jae as Jin Mu Hak, a man who lacks schooling and book smarts but is extremely resourceful and talented at making a living, and Park Gyu Young as Kim Dal Li, a woman who is intellectually polished and comes from an elite background but doesn’t know how to take care of herself. Yeonwoo will be starring in the drama as Chak Hee, a lovable curator with a special connection to Mu Hak.

As the daughter of a National Assembly member who has power but has always lacked wealth, Chak Hee’s dream is to become part of a chaebol family and open her own museum. She met Jin Mu Hak through a blind date in the past, but they agreed that they are not each other’s types and are now more like best friends.

In the newly released stills, Jin Mu Hak and Chak Hee are dressed to the nines at a snack bar that services spicy and sweet tteokbokki (spicy rice cakes). Jin Mu Hak watches Chak Hee eat with a look of disbelief, and Chak Hee gazes coyly at him with a cute pout. At one point, he feeds her tteokbokki, but after she tells him something, he suddenly explodes with rage. This scene shows their ambiguous relationship, and curiosity is mounting over why Jin Mu Hak is devoting his precious time to Chak Hee.

source

The producers of “Dali and Cocky Prince” teased, “Jin Mu Hak and Chak Hee have a unique past as blind dates, and they are in a relationship where they don’t cross each other’s boundaries. With Kim Dal Li’s appearance, Chak Hee will experience a change of heart.”

“Dali and Cocky Prince” will premiere on September 22 at 9:30 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser here!

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM I am a bit bitter seeing The Oath of Love in that screenshot from Viu. :cry:

You would have preferred IQIYI? I believe Viu is only available for Asia too.  For me I am fine with either since I sub to both. But I prefer using IQIYI - somehow it seems more user friendly on the PC and the interface is better. 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

@abs-oluteM iQIYI is more user-friendly than Viu. The app is also a lot easier to navigate too. 

@mademoiselle I can download Viu from the app store but to watch, I would have to use VPN. That's too much work for me so I usually just watch from a third party website. Haha!

I went to an art gallery this past weekend so I'm all prepared for this gallery. I also just want to see Kim Min Jae's suits in action too. :laugh:

• Haha 3

@mademoiselle @Tofu it seems that this going to be the scene that he falls for her 

20210913085238_613e92c653681_1.jpg

Moo-hak is the second son of Don F&B, who has grown from a small gamjatang restaurant to a global restaurant company. He is an amazing person in terms of business with a great sense of money. He is a visiting researcher at Dali's art museum - she is so different in terms of  background, education, and taste, and is fluent in seven languages and has a perfect personality, but can't even get a meal  without someone's help.

The released still shows them at a  party venue. Earlier, the two met for the first time with a sign saying "Welcome Mr. Jin" . Since then, the two have headed to a party hall that is  elegantly decorated  with a luxurious atmosphere. 

At some point, Moo-hak's gaze seems to be fixed on Dali, who has boosted her elegant charm with noble hairstyles and blue dresses. Moo-hak is looking at her as if time has stopped. The production team of Dali and Gamjatang said, "It's a scene where Moo-hak begins to fall for Dali," adding, "Please look forward to Dali's sparkling love story, which only knows money and art."

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/drama/article/2021091303624

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

This is gonna be so darn cute - opposites attract!

Some fun extracts I read  from Drama Beans

It is for this teaser

Spoiler

Dal-li is the daughter of a recently bankrupt chaebol family, so she grew up in the lap of luxury. Moo-hak’s family, on the other hand, owned a gamjatang (pork bone stew) shop and suddenly became rich overnight after their restaurant became an international chain. Though their backgrounds and outlooks on life and money couldn’t be more different, somehow Dal-li and Moo-hak are attracted to each other.

In the teaser, Moo-hak pets a jewel-encrusted pooch statue as the copy asks: “To Moo-hak, Dal-li is…?” Subsequent scenes show her cheerfully studying and riding her bike, looking like the picture of innocence. He lets out a sigh, saying that he has never met someone so naive about the world. When she wears a feathered headpiece and matching shoes to the airport, he quips, “Is she a crow or what?” :lmao2:

When they’re in the car together, Dal-li passionately talks about an art piece, explaining that it’s a masterpiece. She pawns her personal jewelry in order to get the cash to buy the piece, but alas, it looks like it was a scam. She exclaims that she must have been an idiot, and copy next to Moo-hak reinforces that point: “She’s exactly the type to get scammed.”

However, when Moo-hak thinks back to the times she’s laughed in front of him, the corners of his lips tilt up, and he fights to keep a straight face. A scene shows Dal-li working hard with international clients, making use of her polyglot skills. He shakes his head, saying that he doesn’t like people that use big words. A few more scenes show Dal-li getting angry at a police station, eating gamjatang, and pinching Moo-hak’s cheeks. In his last statement, Moo-hak shyly smiles as he says: “But she’s a little different.”

----------------------

For this teaser

Source: Drama Beans

Spoiler

In the teaser, art curator Dal-li (played by Park Kyu-young) hangs up a painting in her gallery. In her voiceover, she talks about Kim Min-jae’s character, saying, “It’s my first time seeing a person like that.” The text onscreen asks: “To Dal-li, uneducated means…?”

In the next cut, Kim Min-jae drinks in the scent of money as he flips through a stack of 50,000 won bills. He’s clearly money-centric, and pays no regard to his public image; we see him yelling into a crowd (likely loansharks, based on how they’re dressed) for his money.

Park Kyu-young (The Devil Judge) and Kim Min-jae (Do You Like Brahms?) show off their very different charms in the new 30-second teaser for upcoming rom-com drama Dal-li and Gamjatang. Our heroine comes from old money and is the epitome of elegance, while our hero is a nouveau riche hothead who flaunts his wealth crassly.

In the teaser, art curator Dal-li (played by Park Kyu-young) hangs up a painting in her gallery. In her voiceover, she talks about Kim Min-jae’s character, saying, “It’s my first time seeing a person like that.” The text onscreen asks: “To Dal-li, uneducated means…?”

In the next cut, Kim Min-jae drinks in the scent of money as he flips through a stack of 50,000 won bills. He’s clearly money-centric, and pays no regard to his public image; we see him yelling into a crowd (likely loansharks, based on how they’re dressed) for his money.

Dal-li sits in a throne-like chair as she finishes her thought from earlier: “Someone so ignorant who only cares about money.” We then cut to Kim Min-jae shouting that her philosophy is crap. He goes on to ask, “Do you even know how many bowls of pork bone stew (gamjatang) that’s worth?”

Dal-li continues to explain her impressions of him: “His personality is so impatient.” We cut to Kim Min-jae throwing papers and yelling at people. A rage meter appears on screen showing his anger level maxing out.

In the next cut, Kim Min-jae confronts Dal-li: “I thought you didn’t have any friends…but a man?” We then see them together in the middle of a scuffle which concludes with a shot of Kim Min-jae extending a hand to Dal-li. “Until you’ve repaid your debt to me, you better not get hurt,” he tells her. On her throne again, Dal-li gives a shy smile as she completes her thoughts about Kim Min-jae: “For some reason, I didn’t not like him.”

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Maybe @Warm Paws and @ktcjdrama might check this one out?

Oh I am watching for sure! I love both leads and their characters’ quirkiness. Just haven’t had time to post as much. Park Kyu Young is so pretty :wow: In Chinese, I will use 很有秀氣 to describe her. The English translations are just beautiful, elegant, delicate, but it’s much more than those. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love