Dal Li and Gamjatang 달리와 감자탕 [2021]

[News] Kim Min Jae, Park Gyu Young, And More Share Insight Into Their “Dali And Cocky Prince” Characters

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

KBS is bringing back a Wednesday-Thursday drama for the first time in three months!

On September 16, KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Dali and Cocky Prince” held an online press conference with main actors Kim Min Jae, Park Gyu Young, Kwon Yool, Hwang Hee, Yeonwoo, and director Lee Jung Sub.

“Dali and Cocky Prince” is a romantic comedy starring Kim Min Jae as Jin Mu Hak, a man who lacks schooling and book smarts, but is extremely resourceful and talented at making a living. Park Gyu Young stars as Kim Dal Li, a woman who is intellectually polished and comes from an elite background, but doesn’t know how to take care of herself.

Director Lee Jung Sub commented, “This is a story of whether ‘new money’ Jin Mu Hak, who lacks education, and the blue-blooded Kim Dal Li will protect or lose the art museum. Since art is the subject matter, we paid a lot of attention to the art. Within the drama, a large-scale exhibition is held around three times, and we thought that they had to be actual works of art to feel real, so the result was created by real-life artists working for two to three months. I believe that viewers will be able to enjoy it as if they were touring an art museum.”

Park-Gyu-Young-Kim-Min-Jae.jpeg

While Kim Min Jae’s character Jin Mu Hak lacks formal education, he has no insecurities about this fact and instead takes pride in his extremely good sense for money and business. Park Gyu Young’s character Kim Dal Li is a person with deep knowledge in various fields who works as a researcher at an art museum in the Netherlands, but she struggles to take care of herself. Kwon Yool plays Dal Li’s first love Jang Tae Jin, and Hwang Hee will play Dal Li’s childhood friend Joo Won Tak. Yeon Woo plays Chak Hee, who meets Jin Mu Hak on a blind date and becomes close friends with him.

Regarding his chemistry with Park Gyu Young, Kim Min Jae shared, “This isn’t our first project together. We met for the first time in a while, but it felt comfortable. Thanks to that, I was able to focus well during this project. We filmed [the drama] while talking to each other a lot and being very considerate of one another. I really liked it.”

Park Gyu Young responded, “Although it’s not our first time meeting, it’s the first time we’ve worked together for this long. On set, Min Jae is very soft and flexible, but within that, he has incredible charisma and tenacity. He was very considerate, and I also learned a lot and got lots of help [from him], so I was able to film comfortably and enjoyably.”

Kwon-Yool.jpeg

Kwon Yool, who last played a realistic husband in “No, Thank You,” is now playing a chaebol heir. Regarding his role, he shared, “I tried to portray my emotions and actions with less restraint. My character is one that receives a bit more spotlight than [typical] second-generation chaebols. Inevitably, I think the appearance of the drama is what gives us synergy.”

Hwang Hee chimed in about his own character, “He’s someone who is blunt with everyone except Dal Li, but is also extremely charming. I think viewers will also really like him.”

Regarding Chak Hee, Yeonwoo shared, “She’s a character who is so overflowing with cuteness that you cannot hate her. Even though she is occasionally vain, air-headed, and unlikable, you don’t hate her. I hope people adore her lots.” She added, “In my last project, I played the role of an art student, so it was interesting to get the role of a gallerist in ‘Dali and Cocky Prince.'”

Spoiler

Hwang-Hee.jpeg  Yeon-Woo.jpeg

When asked about the drama’s key points, director Lee Jung Sub answered, “This time, I created this project with actors that I’m working with for the first time. Since they’re rising stars, I liked that we could create their colors together and that we could attempt various new things. It was an honor that ‘Dali and Cocky Prince’ could be part of their journey of growth.”

Kim Min Jae shared, “The three codes are ‘art, romantic, and comedy.’ Things have been hard these days, but I think you’ll be able to enjoy yourself while watching the drama, and I think the comedy genre will make you laugh. Please give [the drama] lots of love.”

“Dali and Cocky Prince” premieres on September 22 and will be available on Viki. Check out a teaser here!

source

• Like 2
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Regarding his chemistry with Park Gyu Young, Kim Min Jae shared, “This isn’t our first project together. We met for the first time in a while, but it felt comfortable. Thanks to that, I was able to focus well during this project. We filmed [the drama] while talking to each other a lot and being very considerate of one another. I really liked it.”

When did they work together?

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Park Gyu Young And Kim Min Jae Act Like A Couple In Front Of Kwon Yool In “Dali And Cocky Prince”

Park-Gyu-Young-Kim-Min-Jae-Kwon-Yool.jpg

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Dali and Cocky Prince” has shared a sneak peek of a tense run-in between Park Gyu YoungKim Min Jae, and Kwon Yool!

“Dali and Cocky Prince” is a new romantic comedy starring Kim Min Jae as Jin Mu Hak, a man who lacks schooling and book smarts but is extremely resourceful and talented at making a living, and Park Gyu Young as Kim Dal Li, a woman who is intellectually polished and comes from an elite background but doesn’t know how to take care of herself.

Kwon Yool will star as Kim Dal Li’s first love Jang Tae Jin, a blue-blooded company director and heir to one of Korea’s most prominent conglomerates.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, the three characters cross paths in a visibly strained encounter. Notably, while Jin Mu Hak and Kim Dal Li are not at all close—and in fact share the awkward relationship of creditor and debtor—the two have linked arms as if they’re a couple.

Startled by unexpectedly running into her first love, Kim Dal Li clings to Jin Mu Hak, who glares fiercely at Jang Tae Jin as if warding off a competitor. Meanwhile, Jang Tae Jin looks deeply unsettled as he walks away from the faux couple, seemingly lost in thought after seeing them act affectionate towards one another.

Park-Gyu-Young4.jpg  Kim-Min-Jae.jpg

The producers of “Dali and Cocky Prince” teased, “Please tune in to find out what kind of love triangle Mu Hak, Dal Li, and Tae Jin will form.”

Spoiler

Kwon-Yool1.jpg

“Dali and Cocky Prince” premieres on September 22 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

source

@abs-oluteM

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Hong Suk Chun To Make Special Appearance Opposite Kim Min Jae In “Dali And Cocky Prince”

Dali-and-Cocky-Prince3.jpg

Get ready for a fun cameo by Hong Suk Chun in KBS’s upcoming drama “Dali and Cocky Prince”!

“Dali and Cocky Prince” is a new romantic comedy starring Kim Min Jae as Jin Mu Hak, a man who lacks schooling and book smarts but is extremely resourceful and talented at making a living, and Park Gyu Young as Kim Dal Li, a woman who is intellectually polished and comes from an elite background but doesn’t know how to take care of herself.

Kim-Min-Jae1.jpg

On September 21, the upcoming drama released a sneak peek of Hong Suk Chun’s special appearance as a chef. Jin Mu Hak, who spent his childhood helping his family grow a tiny gamja-tang (spicy pork backbone stew) restaurant into the global food corporation DonDon F&B, is a pork expert who can tell from just one bite of meat what region of Korea and what kind of pig it originated from.

Hong-Suk-Chun.jpg

In the drama’s latest stills, Hong Suk Chun looks nervous as he presents Jin Mu Hak with a carefully prepared new dish. Under the intimidating gaze of Jin Mu Hak’s assistant Yeo Mi Ri (played by Hwang Bo Ra), the chef anxiously watches the executive’s every move as he tastes his meal.

Soon afterwards, Hong Suk Chun seems taken aback by something Jin Mu Hak says, raising the question of whether he will be able to satisfy the pork expert’s unusually discerning palate.

Spoiler

Hong-Suk-Chun-Kim-Min-Jae.jpg

The producers of “Dali and Cocky Prince” commented, “The scene that was energized by Hong Suk Chun’s cameo appearance is a scene that shows the full extent of how stringent and particular Jin Mu Hak, who cares deeply about pork, can be. Hong Suk Chun realistically acted out the process of a chef being gradually overcome by Mu Hak’s strength of presence.”

“Dali and Cocky Prince” premieres on September 22 at 9:30 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

source

• Like 2