Dal Li and Gamjatang 달리와 감자탕 [2021]

LOLOLOL...You know how crazy rich people are. His slippers! Love this already @mademoiselle. So he fell for her at first sight. 

---------

A lot of hard work put into the scenes!

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=202109221034387848&ext=na&utm_campaign=naver_news&utm_source=naver&utm_medium=related_news

In fact, Bo-seul Shin, an art advisor to 'Dali and Gamjatang', curator of Total Museum of Art, said, “When preparing for the exhibition at the Cheongsong Museum in the drama, I prepared it as if it were an actual exhibition. I think it will be fun to find the works of artists who are actively working.”

A representative of 'Dali and Gamjatang' said, "In addition to the artistic romance of Mu and Dali, it will be as fun as viewing an exhibition at a real art museum. We hope that viewers who do not know and do not know much will enjoy the art story that follows Muhak and Dali.”

• Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

O yes! Time to go watch the pilot episode!! Thanks for all the goodies, girls! 

I went to bed early last night; don’t know why somehow feeling so tired and couldn’t fight the sleepiness anymore. But I knew something important is on, just couldn’t recall what, haha...

• Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Lovely! Thoroughly enjoyed the first episode... Park Gyu Young speaking in fluent English is definitely a plus point for the drama. And for once, the foreigners acting are not cringy. Kim Min Jae is rocking the role. Love both the leads and their characters setup. 

OST#1

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Kim Min Jae Experiences A Range Of Emotions In “Dali And Cocky Prince”

kim-min-jae-11.jpg

KBS’s “Dali and Cocky Prince” has revealed new stills of Kim Min Jae in character!

“Dali and Cocky Prince” stars Kim Min Jae as Jin Mu Hak, a man who lacks schooling and book smarts but is extremely resourceful and talented at making a living, and Park Gyu Young as Kim Dal Li, a woman who is intellectually polished and comes from an elite background but doesn’t know how to take care of herself.

Spoilers

kim-min-jae-2.jpg

Previously on the first episode of “Dali and Cocky Prince,” Jin Mu Hak, who only thinks about money and pigs, fatefully came across Kim Dal Li on his business trip to the Netherlands. He ended up spending the night in her room, and while taking a shower, there was a power outage that caused him to leave the bathroom in just a towel. The episode ended with Jin Mu Hak falling right on top of a shocked Kim Dal Li.

The new stills tease the aftermath of his “exciting” business trip. He is wearing silk pajamas, and there is a patch on his forehead. In one photo, he covers his mouth in shock, and in another photo, he has a blanket wrapped tightly around him as his expression is pinched with anger. Furthermore, his secretary Yeo Mi Ri (Hwang Bo Ra) shows up at his house and explains something to him that causes his eyes to round with surprise.

kim-min-jae-hwang-bo-ra.jpg

The drama’s production team commented, “After Jin Mu Hak experiences dream-like events with Kim Da Li in the Netherlands, he will experience a big change in his life. Please tune in to episode 2 that airs today in order to find out if the reason he skipped work and is struggling at home is because of her.”

The next episode of “Dali and Cocky Prince” will air on September 23 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

source

• Heart Eyes 2

@ktcjdrama@mademoiselle @Tofu I caught the 1st episode too . Very cute & I had many LOL moments.  @Warm Pawsdid you check this out yet?

PGY's English is very good - impressed with her intonation . I particularly laughed so hard when she was interpreting or rather paraphrasing MuHak's lines at the party. PGY's Dali is sweet & gentle, and very cultured  given how much exposure she has to the arts. Believable that she comes from the old rich.  KMJ on the other hand  must be having a blast playing a nouveau rich heir who's trying to fit into the upper class but at the same time not quite refined. I kind of like the slight mockery the drama is trying to convey about how people try to be pretentious once they have some money. I enjoyed their interactions - no OTT type bickering. I think they make him fall for her immediately because in the next episode she will disappear on him when her father's gallery goes bust. 

And in typical KBS style - there's always a hint of mystery / crime in all their rom-coms. Curios about the package her father got and how that links to his step brother. So the $20m supposedly coming from MuHak was under the brother's recommendation. Some scam going on? 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Which part did you LOL @abs-oluteM?

Park Gyu Young's English is not bad although I must admit at some point I still needed subtitles to assist me in figuring out what word she said due to the pronunciation. The lady Director's English was much clearer in comparison (obviously) word-for-word.

I thought they were going to start off hating each other. Turns out that isn't the case at all! They have good impression of one another. Right now I'm more curious with Moo Hak's family background and his relationship with this non-blooded brother (?). Is it because his father remarried a woman who brought her own child?

And then there's Dali's father and mystery man who called her father Uncle. Who is that?

P.S. I like that Moo Hak can cook ^ ^

P.S #2 Ok, I'm asking all this questions because I've purposely not read the any spoilers/news articles.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Which part did you LOL @abs-oluteM?

The parts she was paraphrasing instead of translating! Also his slippers. 

I love the part where he cooks for her too. So I think it starts off with him falling hard for her and then she disappears with his watch since her dad's gallery had to close right and she had to sell everything off and goes back to SK. 

Did Mu Hak's brother witness Dali's dad killing someone? 

• Like 3

Just now, mademoiselle said:

I think it's the other way round. He saw that mystery man kill Dali's dad.

Okay ...I better go rewatch that last bit. Oh yes that is probably why she had to sell  everything since dad is dead. 

• Like 3

The BTS was funny! I love how well Kim Min Jae always get along with his leading ladies. 

I watched both episodes and enjoyed it. I didn't think they would take the entire second episode to find Dali though. I was hoping they would find her earlier so we can watch more of their interactions. 

At the end of episode two, so....THAT'S why Kim Min Jae had body tattoos in those released photos from a while back. Hahahaha!! 

Side comment: Anyone watching The Veil? When Won Tak came running at the funeral, I immediately thought, "OMG Kyung Seok is alive!!" only to realize this is a different drama. :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1