Dal Li and Gamjatang 달리와 감자탕 [2021]

15 hours ago, Tofu said:

For some reason, I can't see this happening. It's not Moo Hak's style to do something like this. 

I haven't watched the full episode yet (need to watch it after I finish Reflection), but I saw the ending scene. Moo Hak is definitely one of my favorite male lead this year. I love this character more than Kim Min Jae's Brahms character. :heart:

Of course not his style, after we saw how he still cared for his mother when she was sick and didn't leave her even though he was working with his father and sees him cheating on his mother,,, and also we saw how he is kind to Chuck and didn't mock her feelings towards him, he just clarified about his feeling and ended the illusion and comforted her And we saw he cares about his work and his employees.. what I mean is he's not the type to leave a girl he cares this was, MH is sooo simple guy , when he wants to leave someone he will have to say goodbye unlike what Tae Jin does.... when I see what Tae Jin said her 😒so rudely , just  I didn't get why Daly defended him in front of Mohak and said he's not a rude person??? really? :shocked:

+Who don't love Mh :wow: I need him in my life Lol

11 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

What's more in an age of divisive tribalism it's a deeply moving and powerful commentary on the superiority of judging people on the content of their character rather than on the basis of immutable characteristics.

The question then is... can Moo-hak do what Tae-jin couldn't? Can he walk away from his family demands for Da-li's sake? History is on the verge of repeating itself. Not to pre-empt anything but if there's anybody who can, it's Moo-hak. Because he began with nothing and built something up from scratch. His wisdom doesn't come from having been overeducated at prestigious centres of learning but from the university of hard knocks. 

Just when you think Jang Tae-jin can't fall any lower as a human being, he sinks further still. Destroying Da-li to get her back? How is that a good idea? In any language. Even if he thinks that this will force Moo-hak to head for the exit, does he believe that Da-li will want him back after she finds out what he's been up to? Or does he not think she will? I don't want t understand him. 

This is how humans are, they judge others lightly, and all this is due to their dissatisfaction with themselves..Also it kinda got lost in all the mess that happened but those two employees laughing at the idea of Dali licking MH better because she is " more suitable literally for anyone else":mad:

As I said about Mo Hak, he is willing to start from scratch and even his employees will go with him, but the question is will Daly stay with him? Especially since she still has this idea that she doesn't deserve the love of others and  feels ashamed because she is adopted... and that she will not bear the thought of seeing Mo Hak suffer or lose his job or family because of her, or even if Tae Jin threatens her with Mohak and With his peace unfortunately she won't hold on to Mohak and will do what Tae Jin wants because Dali is not that brave and can't stand this idea.. With the story of the watch, a key to the exhibition and so many hints, it seems to me that while she is away from him we will see the value of Mohak to Dali and how she will unabashedly declare her love for him employees and others.

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I almost changed my mind about TJ and thought he is redeemable, when he specifically asked Congressman Ahn not to hurt Dali in the process of new strategy, and when he furiously asked him to stop all the news. But I guess a tiger can never change its stripes. The moment he saw Dali chooses another man, he has no problem going through with whatever dirty plan Ahn cooked up.

No one can bear him, I don't know how he comes to think or feel that he is above others and he has to take everything expensive, distinctive and rare brands! And he loves Dali's condition and status because she is the daughter of this elite family, I also saw flashback how different Dali's clothes when she was with him and this means that he controls her clothes and wants her to wear rare things as we saw him in the market chooses a rare quality, it's ironic how when he stepped on a place Street (Mohak and On Tak) he was looking at his shoes as if he was disgusted!!😒 Also, how did he make fun of Dali and tell her that you like this type of food! 😒 I don't get how she did love him!

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Good point. I definitely think Moo Hak is capable of it. I also think some of the staff will follow him.

same+ I feel that his brother will tell MH  about Tae Jin and a big secret and this is enough to turn all the scales.. I still hope that his brother will say, especially we saw how he somewhat cares about Mohak and prevents senator from getting close to him.. The problem is that he is obsessed with the idea of proving this despicable father about Being a son, but maybe if he realizes the importance of a brother more than trying to prove that he is a son, of course he will help him when he sees Mo Hak caring for him.😅

*I love this shot  😍

Doesn't this look like Virgin Road? The lights are only on where the two of them are standing, and Jang Tae-jin is standing sideways, so it doesn't look even better.. Jang Tae-jin couldn't walk, and the road he won't be able to walk on in the future. (Same cover photo when Mohak and Dali are dancing in the board and Tae Jin standing to the side)spacer.pngspacer.png

5 minutes ago, Hanin said:

but the question is will Daly stay with him? Especially since she still has this idea that she doesn't deserve the love of others and  feels ashamed because she is adopted... and that she will not bear the thought of seeing Mo Hak suffer or lose his job or family because of her, or even if Tae Jin threatens her with Mohak and With his peace unfortunately she won't hold on to Mohak and will do what Tae Jin wants because Dali is not that brave and can't stand this idea.. With the story of the watch, a key to the exhibition and so many hints, it seems to me that while she is away from him we will see the value of Mohak to Dali and how she will unabashedly declare her love for him employees and others.

Of course I forgot to mention that her uncle expected anything from Dali to do anything for the family when he said no scandal and so on.. so if her uncle asked her to stay with Tae Jin, then Dali would do it without think  because she is adopted and believed that she had no right to oppose this family:nervous:

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

I just finished eps 11, and it is safe to say all of us here love MuHak ( and despise Tae Jin more every episode:pandarage2:). I definitely think that MH is one the best written MLs this year. In fact I have 100% confidence in MH in everything that he does. Did you all notice he's constantly on the ground where his business is concerned ? I love that we've seen him at least twice trying to improve the menu of his restaurants. It may seem that the  drama casually inserts these scenes but I just think it assures us that whatever he's set out to do, he won't give up. 

My fear actually was more on Dali's part. And the preview confirms my fears. I know eps 13/ 14 is the cursed break-up episodes for kdrama land. But I suspect she is breaking up with MuHak and getting Tae Jin's help because she wants to shield MH? Hmmm, can't say I like this sort of development. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I just finished eps 11, and it is safe to say all of us here love MuHak ( and despise Tae Jin more every episode:pandarage2:).

he won't give up. 

My fear actually was more on Dali's part. And the preview confirms my fears. I know eps 13/ 14 is the cursed break-up episodes for kdrama land. But I suspect she is breaking up with MuHak and getting Tae Jin's help because she wants to shield MH? Hmmm, can't say I like this sort of development. 

Mood whatever I see Tae Jin >:mad::nervous::KittyGun::pandaattack:

Right MH wouldn't  give up, but His heart will break and he will be disappointed I don't know if he could trust Dali again, unfortunately I watched many times the preview, it seems to me that they kicked MH out of the company (because they knew he helped Dali) and by wearing Dali (classy, formal and similar clothes when she was with Tae Jin) ) she will watch them expel Mohak, I thought why she went to his company after she refused to hold his hand, unfortunately, nothing crossed my mind except that she goes to him in order to repay the debt of 2 million...:cry:

I'm kinda disappointed with Dali..Can't tell this kind of development, she'd break herself for owing her family and her uncle? Because she is adopted? Her father didn't want her to do this like this.....:PikaRIP: 

I'll talk after watch the episode with subtitles :)

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

This is a random thought I'm having as I'm watching episode 12: Back when this drama was still casting, I wasn't excited when Lee Jae Wook's name was attached to it. I was not a big fan of Park Gyu Young (definitely like her way more now) and the thought of both of them pairing up together wasn't interesting to me. I was happy when LJW turned down the role of Moo Hak but not for the same reason I feel now. Back then, I was happy because I was not convinced this drama was going to be good. As I continue to watch this drama, I'm so happy that LJW did not accept because I don't think he would have brought to life the Moo Hak we've learned to love so much. 

With that said, I saw some of the spoilers for the ending of this episode and I'm so sad. Dal-Li, please don't do that to our Moo Hak! :letalQQ:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Ep. 12 - What is the color of love? 

- Pftttt, Jang Tae Jin is a sore loser... Jang Tae Jin is a sore loser...

:lmao2: MH not wanting to stop kissing Dali even though someone is already banging on the door. I actually wonder why they need to keep their relationship a secret, haha...

- Those food they're having look so good.... I was salivating...

- Gosh, how low can that loser scumbag cousin be? I need him be thrown to jail before the drama ends! I love it when both MH and WT grabbed his collar to defend Dali.

- It's so touching when WT asked MH to take care of Dali while he is away.

- The confrontation that MH had with his stepmother, then later with his father was really moving. MH is a mature person and I admire him for being able to control his tone and convey his disappointment to his father calmly. That was one of the scenes where I teared up, the other one when he wished he had educated himself more so he knew the words to comfort Dali.

- Urgh, two-faced JTJ... despicable move to get the girl he discarded before. I can't believe we're going the noble idiocy route!!! :pandarage:

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Is it because I've tuned out or Jang Tae Jin as a character is underdeveloped? It's been so many episodes and I still can't understand why he's so obsessed with getting Dali back. There's not even an explanation given as to why he decided to divorce his ex-wife, and he was the one who dumped Dali because she's adopted. Plus I highly doubt his obsession with Dali was love. If he loves her he wouldn't have hurt her father (I'm pretty sure he did it) and he wouldn't have gone behind her back with the Green Belt. To me, it was either about pride or the "she was always mine to begin with" and "if I can't have her, no one can" twisted mind set. Nothing he does was not calculated and benefiting him. That is how I interpret the Jang Tae Jin presented to me thus far, a snake, because the show is not telling me much about his backstory.

Is Moo Hak's father getting dementia?

Agree it was sweet of Won Tak to ask Moo Hak to take care of Dali. If only their bromance blossom LOL

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 5

I've been paying attention to the title of each episode lately.

So I went back and made a list of all of them.

1 - How many bowls of Gamjadang is a painting of Modigliani worth?

2 - How many moments can be contained in a branded watch?

3 - What should be drawn for “No Subject”?

4 - Can yogurt be used to distinguish the wealthy?

5 - Will the rain look different from a hotel and a motel?

6 - Can trash be also taken as art?

7 - Can everything be solved after dying?

8 - Money cannot be used to buy the heart?

9 - Can just anybody be an adult?

10 - At dusk, do you know how to distinguish between a dog and a wolf?

11 - What is as thick as blood?

12 - What is the color of love? 

Interesting that all the titles are in a question form... I take it as representing the journey of both MH and DL learning about life :smile:

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Is it because I've tuned out or Jang Tae Jin as a character is under-developed? It's been so many episodes and I still can't understand why he's so obsessed with getting Dali back. There's not even an explanation given as to why he decided to divorce his ex-wife, and he was the one who dumped Dali because she's adopted. Plus I highly doubt his obsession with Dali was love. If he loves her he wouldn't have hurt her father (I'm pretty sure he did it) and he wouldn't have gone behind her back with the Green Belt. To me, it was either about pride or the "she was always mine to begin with" and "if I can't have her, no one can" twisted mind set. Nothing he does was not calculated and benefiting him. That is how I interpret the Jang Tae Jin presented to me thus far, a snake, because the show is not telling me much about his backstory.

No one is arrogant unless he finds a deficiency inside him, and no one can be arrogant unless he feels a weakness in himself.

The subject is the love of possession, he put this idea that he can't have her and because she is also adopted who is from a lower class than the world of the rich. He has this idea that everything is rare and that no one can refuse him even he treats everyone as if they are inanimate objects that he can buy them and return them whatever he want.... Forgetting her and then wondering how she gets past him and goes to love someone whose level is lower and doesn't deserve to be with her...(according to him)

In addition, we saw many examples of how he mocks her and her taste with regard to food (from the world of the poor), reminds me of the world of the rich in the beginning of the episode, how the famous chef focuses on that food is from the place of the famous and so on, and this is what was created by the rich society... For example, they think that The meat whose price is the richest means deserved... we  see how Tae Jin treats others, especially with Mo Hak who is an ignorant and foolish person becomes rich, as Chuck said in the restaurant in episode 12 that the rich world say about Mohak that it is a myth that he becomes rich... So Tae Jin doesn't like what Mohak has done in his life etc. He simply doesn't care what he did and just checks where he lives from as he did with Dali where he left her because she was adopted...

Then when we see more, Tae Jin said to her uncle (It doesn't matter what actually happens, the most important thing is how society looks at it) that means he cares what society thinks... He wouldn't like for them to say like how Dali leaves this Tae Jin and chooses Mo Hack who is ranked below and from the poor world? I mean, didn't you all see how everyone reacted to the idea that Dali liked Moe Haak more? We saw the museum workers mocking them and saying how simply Dali is modest and how she would accepted to change her name from Kim (from the elite class) to Jin (lower class) as if it was something ridiculous... And we saw how his brother Mohak and his mother mocked and said that Kim Dali Much better than Mohak because he is not cultured! And  how did Tae Jin with MH saying him that he is the one not deserving to even have feelings for her? Because he was once poor? Because he sells gamjantang? Because he may not be so educated..

That's how the rich society looks like this and Tae Jin knows about this , so he won't be let  society knows about her relationship with Mohak ,how she rejected Tae Jin because this is an insult and hurt his pride :shocked2:

I can't stand the contradiction and anticipation of others and how they treat Mohak as if he is stupid :mad: look this 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngwhy are they booing him he’s right 😭  Look how they underestimate him because he is simply uneducated and look how Sung told him he is rich and uncultured and it saddens me when Mo Hak said that she didn't do anything or teach him for example.. and ironic that the museum workers simply betray Dali, what a contradiction 🥲

I saw Song lyrics for most 7  and it's really sad and that's why we'll see how apart they are because they realized the reality that they could not directly help. 😭

Is it a deep hole?

It's pale and cold

the words you gave me

It will be a mark of the past

I don't want to hear my heart

Always the same face in front of you

hidden behind it

no one knows

Will I rise above your night again?

the surface of my heart that engraved you

faintly disappearing again

hold me

let me shine on you all night

:scaredpanda2:

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3
18 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Is it because I've tuned out or Jang Tae Jin as a character is under-developed? It's been so many episodes and I still can't understand why he's so obsessed with getting Dali back. There's not even an explanation given as to why he decided to divorce his ex-wife, and he was the one who dumped Dali because she's adopted. Plus I highly doubt his obsession with Dali was love. If he loves her he wouldn't have hurt her father (I'm pretty sure he did it) and he wouldn't have gone behind her back with the Green Belt. To me, it was either about pride or the "she was always mine to begin with" and "if I can't have her, no one can" twisted mind set. Nothing he does was not calculated and benefiting him. That is how I interpret the Jang Tae Jin presented to me thus far, a snake, because the show is not telling me much about his backstory.

As far as I can tell, all signs point to the fact that he gave up on Da-li five years ago under duress. I am almost certain that someone (most likely a parent) twisted his arm and coerced him into breaking up with her because they found out very late that she was adopted. I think (from everything we've seen) he was presented with a zero sum game -- lose his position at Segi or break up with Da-li. He chose to keep his place in Segi because he thought when he had consolidated his position there, he would find her, explain everything and they would get back together. According to his way of thinking, gaining power and wealth would mean that nobody would ever get in the way of him and Da-li again. I have no doubt that he was angry that he had to do what he had to do but consoled himself that it was temporary and if he bided his time, they would eventually be reconciled. After all, what they have is true love, right? She couldn't possibly love anyone but him. He believed no matter what he said to her and how they broke up, she would eventually come back to him. 

However, no matter how calculating a man is, life is unpredictable. He never factored in a Jin Moo-hak. Not only is he the last person in the world anyone would believe that Da-li would fall for, he's so baldly materialistic. That's why her colleagues are in perpetual disbelief that those two could ever be a pair. While he may be wealthy, he's "uncultured", loud, and unrefined. He could not be more different from Jang Tae-jin. 

What of course most people didn't know until yesterday is that Da-li was adopted. She wasn't born into a chaebol family and in fact, she had anti-social tendencies until Kim Nak-cheon adopted her into an environment where she could experience healing. Moreover, Kim Nak-cheon was a decent human being, a well-known philanthropist who took in hard luck cases routinely. It makes sense that she would be drawn to Moo-hak even when other people deemed him crass. Like her, he was largely motherless and he's had to work very hard to prove himself. Despite the bravado, he's a sweet and lonely guy. He likes money but he doesn't pretend that it gives him any respectability. In fact he reminds me of my most wealthy relatives who are some of the most frugal people I have ever met.

All that to say that Tae-jin never believed it was possible for Da-li to fall for anyone else but him. They were going to marry. He also might have thought that since she hadn't met anyone for 5 years, she still harboured feelings for him. But something happened that threw a spanner into the works. She met someone else. Someone who may have been raised differently but came from the same place she did. That's why she kissed Moo-hak first on the opening of the The Space exhibition. HIs story touched her heart like the story of the one-eyed monster in the painting she tried to protect. 

Jang Tae-jin is a man on a rampage because he now finds that he has a genuine rival for Da-li's affections. One he absolutely despises. Like everyone else, he can't imagine what Da-li sees in him. He is a shrewd businessman so he thinks all he has to do is undercut the competition, play dirty and drive it out of business. If we're talking about business that might work but if we're talking about love... well, that's another thing entirely. He thinks, egged on by that awful Assemblyman Ahn, that if he can drive her back to his side, he can "make" her fall in love with him again. Or something nutty like that. 

Frankly, I think Assemblyman Ahn has been watching too many dramas in his free time but no girl with any kind of moral compass would buy into this garbage. It could be just a cynical tactic on his part to play on Tae-jin's weakness. Most likely.

I don't doubt that there's an element of "If I can't have her, no one else can" but I don't think he believes he can fail. He's not the type to think that failure is an option. What he thinks most probably is that money and power can buy him love or buy him back a love that had gone on hiatus. He has enough hubris to think that he can win Da-li back regardless of the competition, regardless of what he did to her five years ago. 

Of course we know that he is a man living in the past. The girl he fell for all those years ago is not the same girl she was then. She has her own ideas about the kind of future she wants and he doesn't feature in it.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 4

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

As far as I can tell, all signs point to the fact that he gave up on Da-li five years ago under duress. I am almost certain that someone (most likely a parent) twisted his arm and coerced him into breaking up with her because they found out very late that she was adopted. I think (from everything we've seen) he was presented with a zero sum game -- lose his position at Segi or break up with Da-li. He chose to keep his place in Segi because he thought when he had consolidated his position there, he would find her, explain everything and they would get back together.

I have different view on this. He didn’t look the least bit conflicted or burdened when breaking up with her and when her father came kneeling. In fact, he looked angry and disgusted. So I don’t think he was under duress to break the engagement. However, I think he did regret it later (not sure which point of time) because he found himself still thinking of Dali. He got married and divorced later, so I doubt he ever thought about getting back together when he broke up with her. He also mentioned to his assistant that he is not the same person as 5 years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 5

MTDzeiV.gif

34 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I have different view on this. He didn’t look the least bit conflicted or burdened when breaking up with her and when her father came kneeling. In fact, he looked angry and disgusted. So I don’t think he was under duress to break the engagement. However, I think he did regret it later (not sure which point of time) because he found himself still thinking of Dali. He got married and divorced later, so I doubt he ever thought about getting back together when he broke up with her. He also mentioned to his assistant that he is not the same person as 5 years ago. 

I'm really not trying to defend him at all ;) but it's something he said to his PA in one of the early episodes that "I wouldn't broken up with her 5 years ago if I hadn't been confident that I would be able to win her back."

From that comment I've always been under the impression that his hand was forced. The fact too that he kept their apartment -- the one they were supposed to move into after marriage -- suggests that he gave up her unwillingly. I've also thought about the points that you made but it could have been an act for the benefit of people who were watching him. I think he had to convince everyone that he was seriously giving up Da-li. He was harsh because he had to be convincing.

It's not that I think he's a good guy (far from it) but all the bits and pieces seem to point in that direction. I have no doubt he knew that she was adopted long before he broke up with her. He would have looked into her history as he does with everyone else he's curious about. That he found out only five days before the wedding... I think it's unlikely.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Posting this for Kim Min Jae's acting :heart:

Spoiler

42f219967b31358189cbda16e9b358f0d8d3bf14

48b9fdc68d75fd118eac83173f877cc3b6b0bb6a

08e4c631643b3eeb8f0c5d46794ab4f45208c51a

63d77b605f51252bfd332e89c4934307a4e308a9

a0cb52872005001d773b8ee5bc7bababe4042f54a608338c51607f18a45db5a86853491b208c88f6d78e38d74ec54badaec1524f40cb13c3a2290fc3

Spoiler

You know I always listened to Mom, right? Mom asked me not to hate you. That’s why I tried so hard not to hate you. But, it was unbelievably difficult. No matter how much I thought about it, and pondered it, I found it unbelievably difficult. Was he possessed by something? What drove him this crazy? How could he do this? What made him leave his dying wife and ignore his baby son in her arms?

• Heart Eyes 5

@ktcjdrama @40somethingahjumma I think both of you made a fair observation / interpretation of Jang Tae Jin's character and motive. However the difference in opinions is where the issue is. There's lack of clarity of his convictions and/or actions towards Dali and we are left here trying to Sherlock Holmes his behaviours. This boils down to the show not telling his side of the story to the audiences well.

Not all kdramas develop their characters well, I get that. However for this one, I wish to better understand Jang Tae Jin. I also think the show owes it to Kwon Yul as an actor 😅

Kim Min Jae's IG Story

He sang the drama OST - Moon Crater

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 5
35 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@ktcjdrama @40somethingahjumma I think both of you made a fair observation / interpretation of Jang Tae Jin's character and motive. However the difference in opinions is where the issue is. There's lack of clarity of his convictions and/or actions towards Dali and we are left here trying to Sherlock Holmes his behaviours. This boils down to the show not telling his side of the story to the audiences well.

Not all kdramas develop their characters well, I get that. However for this one, I wish to better understand Jang Tae Jin. I also think the show owes it to Kwon Yul as an actor 😅

I think they're trying to make his motives something of a mystery which could work for or against the storytelling. Only time will tell. It's the same thing they tried to do with Du-sik and his trauma in HomeCha. They left that very late in the story. My belief is that all will be revealed down the track. But the vast majority of people hate Jang Tae-jin right now so they probably don't care too much because quite frankly the guy is frankly asking to be destroyed and punched. :laugh:Regardless of whether he was always in love with Da-li, the issue is that he made a choice five years ago that will come back to bite him hard on the rear end. Whatever the reason, he chose to breakup with her then and he will regretted it for the rest of his life.

There's one thing I can be sure about this show... nothing is always what it seems at first. We only really found out that Da-li was an adopted child in Episode 11. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more surprises in store.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 3

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@40somethingahjumma @ktcjdrama  I think both of you made a fair observation / interpretation of Jang Tae Jin's character and motive. However the difference in opinions is where the issue is. There's lack of clarity of his convictions and/or actions towards Dali and we are left here trying to Sherlock Holmes his behaviours. This boils down to the show not telling his side of the story to the audiences well.

I think what Mohak said is enough to explain about Tae Jin and also how Dali said ironically, believing that she can control everything without him explains how strong he is in this society and how everyone knows about this..spacer.png

I agree with @mademoiselle and Both @40somethingahjumma @ktcjdrama have a point of view.

In the beginning Tae Jin decided to break up with Dali because he wanted more power, control, wealth and fame and to be an advantage in a society that not everyone can be like him.. we know losing true love is tragic but he made a choice. He choose power and money over Dali. He would have married her, agains his family's wishes, and start a company on his own with Dali and her father's help. But no.This is a decision he wanted, so let him bear his responsibility

There is indeed a lot of ambiguity and a lack of detail regarding Tae Jin and what his brother Mohak saw that night and what is the secret that makes everyone so frightened and shocked...:thinking:

Regarding Tae Jin, I can say there is some  point of you that matches this.. let me be clear, when he decides to divorce no matter what by forcing the family or by himself, the result is the same and he chose strength and power and he likes to control everyone and knows everything about everyone and he likes to threaten others But he may not like this thing's admission that he wanted power more than Dali, and that Dali and his love weren't among his priorities, and he believes that power can solve everything with what he wants.

In fact, no one opposed him with what he wanted and what he asked for. Everyone was afraid to oppose him or reduce respect for him because of his position and when he chooses force and goes too far in using his position so that he loses his purpose and human principles so that he doesn’t feel anything humanity or guilt and this is what happens to him. He has really changed During  during 5 years and planted this thought in his head that when he is strong he can get everything and Dali includes it.. and he can never fail, especially in front of others who are less than him...

Why is this obsession in possessing Dali ? Because he failed to get her and couldn’t marry her because he wasn’t strong? He had no courage to give up power, family name, or fame...

In the end we see the nature of human beings when they lose something, will they turn to something bad or will they deal with this thing well and accept what is happening and take responsibility for a decision or not...

Look what happens to Mohak's brother who gives all value and all his effort to something his will. What he want is to be accept as son , for this reason  he does all way to be accepted by his father, and thus he believes that his father’s acceptance will fill his emptiness inside him and it will make him feel satisfied with himself...

Once something happens that denies himself, people will continue to do what he wants for this and they will be ignorant Human aspects or forget the feelings of others, and this applies to Tae Jin who didn’t accept the failure of his marriage to Dali and did not accept to bear the decision of his responsibility and believed that force would make him happen as he wanted..

It is an example in historical stories that princes seek a throne because they believe that once they become king means That he owns everything, so they do everything in order to reach it, even if at the cost of killing his brothers or family

They put this idea in their head (the end justifies the means) that's why when they change effort in ignoring the sides and feelings of others and go too far in getting this end, this is how they waste themselves and lose their goal as it happened to Tae Jin.. we don't understand why and how he planned and what He was thinks when he join this plan against her father, because he himself is floundering by himself and losing himself in a dark place.. he wants to own everything and does not want to accept failure

+ another note: since Dali told him is she bad at judging others or has he changed a lot? It can explains that  either he changed a lot after this decision or he was like this but Dali didn’t notice this side.. (actually , I don’t  get what made Dali love him and how her father kneeled to him after knowing what he had said to her!) It's strange because he shouldn't kneel to him in order for him to get back to her, but rather make him stay away from her. right?

I don't understand why Tae Jin has  grudge against her father as we saw his eyes and in the last episode the way he talk like this about father.. is the reason that her father is so stubborn and opposed His request to intervene in the work of Segi with exhibition? And that makes him go too far with Dali by telling her you're so adopted ? 

Because according  to him and his position he see no one should oppose him? Like Mohak did? We saw that when someone opposes him or tells him that he makes him silly, he shows his reaction and go crazy and lose his nerve

• Like 5
4 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

There's one thing I can be sure about this show... nothing is always what it seems at first. We only really found out that Da-li was an adopted child in Episode 11. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more surprises in store.

This took me by surprise. I was under the impression the young girl working for them was jealous of Dali because she was the secret child of the old man. LOL. Now I get why she side-eyed Dali so much. It's cause they both had the same situation but Dali got lucky and got adopted. 

As to Tae Jin,  how I see it is that he's always grown up in an environment where everything can be solved with money, influence and connection. And I suppose he figured , he could do the same with Dali. I am certain he loved Dali but I think not enough to give up the other things he has and will stand to gain.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

There were a lot of people that annoyed me in eps 12. One was definitely the gallery staff. I hated that they scoffed at MuHak and called him uncultured when he questioned the money that they made from the exhibition. Am sure they will be singing a different tune if they had their salaries slashed or had no wages.  (Clearly I am never going to run an art gallery since it is such a money bleeding entity and I believe that the main source of income for many of these come from funding from the foundations that support them, donations & social fund raisers) 

And MuHak's family also drove me batty. Muhak handled the situation really well in how he confronted his stepmum and told his dad off. He held himself back from hitting that woman ( I would have slapped her on his behalf. )  I did tear up for him when he brought up his mother. Can he disown them officially? Urrghhh.

Now that I have watched with subs, I guess I finally understand why Dali chose to go back to Tae Jin. This isn't even noble idiocy. She's pretty much been arm twisted by snake Tae Jin who used her uncle to emotionally guilt her into doing this. And Tae Jin is going after MuHak too. So I am certain she thinks TJ will stop if she returns to him.  I wonder how MH is going to fight back. Don't think Don-Don F&B has the sort of financial assets that TaeJin's company has. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I'm really not trying to defend him at all ;) but it's something he said to his PA in one of the early episodes that "I wouldn't broken up with her 5 years ago if I hadn't been confident that I would be able to win her back."

Thanks for reminding this part. I have no problem even if you're defending him, haha... Just sharing my opinion. I was ready to see him redeemed (as a person, not as Dali's love, and I actually like the actor) when he became so furious Dali's birth secret was used by Congressman Ahn. And how he always try to come to Dali's rescue. But I've accepted that he might be the big bad who caused the death of Dali's father. Not even sure if he actually killed him or not. If it's revealed to be him, that will be really bad. His defence to Dali could be that KNC is not her father anyway. If it's Congressman Ahn, then I really pity Chak Hee. But other than these two, I can't think of anyone else that MH's stepbrother would be so secretive about it. It can't be Dali's cousin, can it? Although recalling her father's tone of speaking, it is someone that he didn't like seeing. Kinda doubt that he would use that tone with TJ also. Not sure if with Ahn. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

MTDzeiV.gif