Dal Li and Gamjatang 달리와 감자탕 [2021]

Park Gyu Young Is Elegant From Head To Toe In Upcoming Rom-Com “Dali & Cocky Prince”

Park-Gyu-Young-31.jpg

Park Gyu Young looks adorable in new stills for KBS’s upcoming drama “Dali & Cocky Prince”!

“Dali & Cocky Prince” is about the romance between a man who lacks schooling and book smarts but is extremely good at making a living and a woman who is intellectually polished and comes from an elite background but doesn’t know how to take care of herself.

Park Gyu Young will be playing Kim Dal Li, a visiting researcher at an art museum and the only daughter of a family so elite that only those invited to her family’s end-of-year party are seen as truly part of the high society. Proficient in seven different languages, Kim Dal Li has a dignified air in her actions and speech, and she’s a charismatic and considerate character who treats everyone equally.

In the new stills, Park Gyu Young captures Kim Dal Li’s elegant yet pure and innocent energy. She’s everything from cute and pretty to noble and luxurious. Although she doesn’t spend money carelessly and doesn’t have a hobby of dressing up, Kim Dal Li still looks effortlessly classy no matter what she wears.

Park-Gyu-Young2.jpg

Kim Dal Li’s eyes shine brightest when she shares her expertise knowledge in the arts. Anticipation is high for Park Gyu Young’s transformation as she exudes an air of elegance with her stylish and unique hairstyle.

Park-Gyu-Young-21.jpg

Kim Dal Li will suddenly face unexpected trouble in life as she’s thrown into the battlefront of society. In the process, she’ll meet Jin Mu Hak (Kim Min Jae), who has an incredible sense when it comes to business. Viewers are curious to find out what incident Kim Dal Li will face and how she’ll grow to overcome those problems.

Spoiler

Park-Gyu-Young-4.jpg

The production team shared, “Park Gyu Young awed the actors and staff on set by showing how she’s perfectly in sync with the ‘expensive’ Dal Li from her visuals to her inner workings.”

“Dali & Cocky Prince” will premiere on September 22 at 9:30 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser here!

source

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hilarious character posters revealed!

The two posters (the one with head-cover and carrying a dog) are items also used in Animal Crossings 🤣 They are Work of Arts items to be collected for the museum. Original work is holding a ferret(?), not a dog. 

- Girl with a Pearl Earring (Johannes Vermeer)

- Lady with an Ermine (Leonardo Da Vinci) 

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

Kim Min Jae And Park Gyu Young Can’t Take Their Eyes Off Each Other In “Dali & Cocky Prince”

kim-min-jae-11.jpg  park-gyu-young-22.jpg

KBS’s upcoming drama “Dali & Cocky Prince” has shared a sneak peek of Kim Min Jae and Park Gyu Young’s first encounter!

“Dali & Cocky Prince” is a new drama about the romance between Jin Mu Hak, a man who lacks schooling and book smarts, but is extremely resourceful and talented at making a living (played by Kim Min Jae), and Kim Dali, a woman who is intellectually polished and comes from an elite background, but doesn’t know how to take care of herself (played by Park Gyu Young).

park-gyu-young-32.jpg

In the newly released stills, Jin Mu Hak and Kim Dali meet for the first time at the airport. Both characters are dressed as if they’re going to a party. Jin Mu Hak shows up in a black-and-white suit, while Kim Dali looks splendid in her sky blue dress and a black feather in her hair.

Jin Mu Hak spots Kim Dali who is waiting for him with a sign that says, “Welcome Mr. Jin.” The two make eye contact and stare at each other as if they’ve fallen in love at first sight. Jin Mu Hak is completely distracted by the woman who is waiting for him, and Kim Dali’s eyes are round with awe as well.

park-gyu-young-kim-min-jae-4.jpg

The drama’s production team commented, “[The drama] will depict Jin Mu Hak and Kim Dali’s first dream-like encounter that seems like time has stopped. Please look forward to finding out what caused the two characters to meet each other in fancy attire and gaze at each other in an unusual way and whether they will be connected by fate or an ill-fated relationship.”

“Dali & Cocky Prince” will premiere on September 22 at 9:30 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser here!

source

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hilarious character posters revealed!

You know what I found extra funny about the posters? When you view then in the fullscreen view and hit next, the text are not aligned. 😄 I'm sorry. I know it's really shallow, but I had a nice little chuckle because of it. 

I love all of them though. The style and editing is really great. 👌

• Haha 3
8 minutes ago, Warm Paws said:

You know what I found extra funny about the posters? When you view then in the fullscreen view and hit next, the text are not aligned. 😄 I'm sorry. I know it's really shallow, but I had a nice little chuckle because of it. 

I love all of them though. The style and editing is really great. 👌

Hahahahahaha do you have OCD too?

Me too. I think it's creative.

• Haha 3
4 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahahahahaha do you have OCD too?

Me too. I think it's creative.

Maybe? Maybe not? 😄 For work, I deal with a lot of graphics that are supposed to be aligned through different pages... and if something isn't, then there could possibly more things that have "moved" - and that is worrisome.

I must say, the posters worked for me as a promotional material since I've never heard of this show before. Ever since I saw the posters, I've been interested..  even without reading about all the other info about it. 😄 I'll try to do some backreading.

I do agree that the old title sounds better. 😄

• Haha 3
4 minutes ago, Warm Paws said:

I must say, the posters worked for me as a promotional material since I've never heard of this show before. Ever since I saw the posters, I've been interested..  even without reading about all the other info about it. 😄 I'll try to do some backreading.

*Hurrayyyy! I hope it gets more attention and more of you come visit. And obviously I hope this show will be good. Hard to find good rom-com these days.

• Clapping Hands 3

Watch: Kim Min Jae Unexpectedly Finds Himself Drawn To Park Gyu Young In “Dali And Cocky Prince” Teaser

KBS’s upcoming drama “Dali and Cocky Prince” shared a hilarious new teaser!

“Dali and Cocky Prince” is a new drama about the romance between Jin Mu Hak (played by Kim Min Jae), a man who lacks schooling and book smarts, but is extremely resourceful and talented at making a living, and Kim Dal Li (played by Park Gyu Young), a woman who is intellectually polished and comes from an elite background, but doesn’t know how to take care of herself.

In the previously released teaser, Kim Dal Li shared her thoughts on Jin Mu Hak. Although she complained that he’s ignorant and obsessed with money, Kim Da Li concluded her thoughts by revealing that she doesn’t hate Jin Mu Hak. The new teaser interviews Jin Mu Hak in turn, asking him, “What is Dal Li like to Mu Hak?”

Jin Mu Hak sits in front of a large framed picture of a 50,000-won (approximately $43) bill while petting a dog sculpture decorated with jewels as he begins to dish on the truth about Kim Dal Li. He shares, “It’s my first time seeing someone who doesn’t know the ways of the world like this.” Just as Jin Mu Hak describes, Kim Dal Li is shown lost in her own world as she carries out her research while sitting on the floor. She smiles happily like a child as she rides her bicycle outside.

Commenting on the black feather decorating Kim Dal Li’s hair, Jin Mu Hak asks, “What is she, a crow or something?” In the next scene, Kim Dal Li explains, “It’s not a simple picture but a work of art,” and she’s shown naively trying to sell a large piece of jewelry and recklessly chasing after a car. Jin Mu Hak angrily continues, “She’s precisely the perfect type to get scammed.” However, Jin Mu Hak looks startled as he gets caught smiling while observing Kim Dal Li’s cheerful and energetic smile.

The teaser also captures Kim Dal Li speaking fluently in different languages, and Jin Mu Hak looks flustered as he shares, “I don’t really like people who use difficult words,” but he surprisingly concludes the interview by sharing, “However, Dal Li is a bit different.”

The production team shared, “The process in which the polar opposites Mu Hak and Dal Li begin to be drawn to each other will deliver heart-fluttering excitement and warmth to viewers at home,” and they asked viewers to tune in to find out how the two will come to meet.

“Dali and Cocky Prince” will premiere on September 22 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

source

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

I haven't watched too many shows starring Park Gyu Young but I've seen her here and there. Only one watched was Romance Is a Bonus Book and partially of Devil Judge (I didn't finish it - yet? Sorry) I've seen previews of some of her other shows though, and in Lee Seung Gi's "I Will" music video.

What interests me is that from what I've seen, her "look" and character vibe is fairly diverse. I haven't seen her as the main lead yet so I'm looking forward to this one. 😁

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, Warm Paws said:

The dog looks so cute on the third one! But what's the animal in the original supposed to be? Looks a bit alien to me. And look at how buff it is! Those biceps! 😄

A ferret I think.

Haha Park Gyu Young was memorable as the spoilt brat in Romance is a Bonus Book. Good thing is she got a character growth. You should totally check out Sweet Home. She's in there too (on Netflix)

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@Warm Paws I second @mademoiselle's recommendation of Sweet Home. Great show that had such good character development. Usually shows like that focus a lot on the fantasy bits but this show touched my heart. You can read our feedback on the drama thread. I love PGY's character in Sweet Home. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Usually shows like that focus a lot on the fantasy bits but this show touched my heart.

Oh wow! Pretty interesting description! I've seen some teasers/trailers of it when it aired, and I thought it was more just action fantasy, but you saying it "touched your heart" makes it pretty interesting. I'll check it out. 

14 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Haha Park Gyu Young was memorable as the spoilt brat in Romance is a Bonus Book

Yes!! That's my first encounter of her so first impression for me. Then I saw her in Devil Judge and I almost did not recognize her. She looks so mature with such a different type of job. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1