Dal Li and Gamjatang 달리와 감자탕 [2021]

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

from eps 8 , think it is quite clear that Won Tak and Dali have a sibling like relationship . He is protective of her but not in a romantic way. More like as an older brother. Do you all sense that too?

Yes yes, I get that vibe too... One love rival is enough for MH to deal with. I think it’s no coincidence that he is a police because I think later on MH and/or Dali will need his help with all those scheming people around them. And I am guessing bromance will bloom between MH and him too. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

10 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I wish they’ve shown more action on KMJ’s part when kissing. But I still think it’s a beautiful kiss. What is the meaning that reaction at 3:18? Somebody, please explain... 😆

They were both holding their breath for the kiss scene I think.

Found a C-sub version you can watch:

https://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:4692691712409646

8 hours ago, ssteph said:

After kissing, the streetlamp looked like the moon hehehe...

Coz he's feeling over the moon...? 😅

• Haha 4

(as usual) I might have missed some key points already since I'm sort of multitasking when when i watch these days. Hopefully I'm not completely off on the whole mystery and secret agenda of all the different people. From what i understand, there are multiple players trying to bring down or take over the museum. Its sort of unclear yet who's doing what, but there's a lot of shady things happening... Or are there already reveals or acts that can clearly be pinpointed to a certain party? From my standpoint, its still not 100% sure which group is responsible for ransacking Won-tak's place. Right? 😄 Maybe I should have done a bit more backreading before writing this but oh well.

Im curious, if you find your place broken into, would you enter immediately to check the damage? I sort of understand why Dali went inside even if for us viewers it looked extremely dangerous. We know that someone's out there that potentially wants to get rid of her, but she doesn't, so maybe she didn't think that someone else would still be inside. What I don't get is why she had to end the call with Won-tak after she realizes a thief or someone else is inside the house. 🤔

@abs-oluteM did you notice that the apartment Dali and Tae-Jin went to is the same as Jasung's first empty house in MMH? I actually haven't double-checked but I'm like 90% sure. 😄 I have probably watched that MMH scene more than I should have.

And no, i don't see Won Tak as a love rival. Actually, I don't see Tae-Jin as a love rival at all too. 

I really like how MH handled their kiss misunderstanding.. .mistake?... Accident? It was a nice move how he said that for him it wasn't a mistake. They could have gone the route in which MH also did a U-turn and acknowledged that it was just a heat of the moment mistake and nothing special, but they made him double down instead. Yey!

I have also started to like MH's dad. That whole scene with him noticing the lead's glances to one another was really funny. Seems like he's gonna play a big role in supporting MH in both love life and whatever is brewing behind the scenes against Dali and the museum.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
4 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

did you notice that the apartment Dali and Tae-Jin went to is the same as Jasung's first empty house in MMH?

You're right on. That apartment unit has been used so many times in many dramas that even from any angle, I can still recognise it.

Recent use by airing drama: The Veil (Black Sun), One The Woman

Previously: MMH, Top Star Yoo Baek, Hundred Million Stars from the Sky, to name a few...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@Warm Paws I’m a terrible viewer where it comes to focusing on spaces & surroundings. I’m sure I can never be a cop IRL . I just realised it is when you pointed it out.  Omg @ktcjdrama I didn’t realise that it was also used in Top Star YB.  Gosh that means when Kim Ji Suk plays rich men, he stays there . Lol! 

Yes , at the moment we don’t actually know who broke into Won Tak’s house but Dali’s cousin is high on the suspicious list . The mystery of her dad’s death is linked to the fact that there are people who want the land that the gallery is sitting on . Though it & its surrounding areas are currently gazetted land that is not supposed to be redeveloped ( likely to retain culture / history) , there have been a lot recent acquisitions of nearby properties  by developers/ investors  who are hoping that the land can be redeveloped. This is where MuHak’s ex crush’s politician father comes in . I believe he is pushing for redevelopment ban to be lifted. So on this “rumour” / speculation, many people are trying to purchase real estate around the area. Mu Hak’s bro is pushing the father to do that so that they can make a lot of $$ if the ban is lifted . 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

This show has become my weekly delight... I adore the leads together and Moo-hak especially is blossoming into quite the male lead. The simplicity and depth in the way they communicate should really be standard practice in K dramas. Even if Moo-hak is supposedly inexperienced in the art of romance, he seems to be doing a much better job of dealing with women than the once married Tae-jin for instance. His straightforward, direct way of asking questions and answering them is far more effective. I don't think he's even trying very hard but it's all him being true to himself.

"I won't rush someone who is in pain." Da-li's right about the fact that he is wise and she's fairly perceptive sort of person too. I'm glad that she found him.

The Three Frogs Restaurant was the highlight of Episode 9 for me. To see Moo-hak in his element and commanding the floor had me grinning from ear to ear. His boisterous personality works in these sorts of settings and especially with the kids. He is someone who isn't afraid of getting his hands dirty anyway. Besides I love omelettes and I'm big on teaching kids to cook.

I honestly don't know what Tae-jin thinks he is doing. It's getting a bit tiresome. I have to wonder if he really does care about Da-li or is he just annoyed he had to give her up and lost ground as a result. He's really silly and childish for a man's his age. Yes, he knows Da-li well enough that he should be worried about the threat that Moo-hak poses. But when he sees her with Moo-hak -- shouldn't he be more concerned about the fact that she's smiling and happy after having a hard time rather than the fact that she's happy around another guy, not him. So yes... he's... in simple terms... selfish. I imagine he's used to getting what he wants so he thinks he can replay their relationship when that is now a lost cause. There is a certain kind of justice at work here -- punishing him for the choice he made 5 years earlier. Nobody can have everything they want. (Neither should they) Something's got to give. 

I was pretty excited to note that Da-li's nightmare was possibly a nod to Hitchcock's Spellbound. Salvador Dali made up the dream sequence for the film. Gregory Peck's character has amnesia and he's trying to figure out what happened to him.

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 4

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

@40somethingahjumma Yes! I agreed with everything you said about MH. When DL rejected his feelings because of her past experience with love, he was so understanding even though he's never gone through that before. He was just happy to hear that she didn't hate or find him creepy. DL was pretty flustered when she saw him with the other girl, so hopefully that means she's realize her feelings for him soon. 

I don't know if I understand exactly what TJ is looking for but all his actions have been really selfish. He broke up with DL five years ago to advance his career, and now he wants to get back together with her so he can be happy? He thinks he's being considerate of DL but he's actually doing the opposite. Good for DL for refusing to leave with him after the Three Frogs Restaurant event. How dare you try to take Kim Min Jae's girl?! :niu:I hope they don't drag out the misunderstanding that TJ created at the end of episode 9. They have been doing well with clearing these up as they come so please continue to do so. 

Lastly, loved MH during the Three Frogs Restaurant event. He was in his element, teaching kids to do the thing he loves -- cooking. I enjoyed his little speech at the end, reminding all of them that growing up isn't always easy but no matter how hard, it's important to eat. :smile:

DL-06v2.gif

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Kim Min Jae And Park Gyu Young Have An Intimate Moment In “Dali And Cocky Prince”

park-gyu-young.jpeg  kim-min-jae.jpeg

Kim Min Jae and Park Gyu Young are about to face ups and downs in the upcoming episode of KBS 2TV’s “Dali and Cocky Prince”!

The romantic comedy stars Kim Min Jae as Jin Mu Hak, a man who lacks schooling and book smarts but is extremely resourceful and talented at making a living, and Park Gyu Young as Kim Dal Li, a woman who is intellectually polished and comes from an elite background but doesn’t know how to take care of herself.

Spoilers

New stills reveal Jin Mu Hak and Kim Dal Li sharing an intimate moment under the moonlight. The events leading up to this moment have not been favorable to their relationship, as Kim Dal Li could mistakenly believe that Jin Mu Hak was using her to take charge of the art gallery, while Jin Mu Hak was most likely upset that Kim Dal Li and Jang Tae Jin (Kwon Yool) came together to DonDon F&B’s pork bone soup restaurant of all places.

Jin Mu Hak coldly eyes Kim Dal Li, who is taken aback by his chilly attitude. Then all of a sudden, the two are closer than ever, seconds away from a kiss. It is said that a certain event will lead the two to confirm their feelings for each other.

Spoiler

kim-min-jae-park-gyu-young-3.jpeg

kim-min-jae-park-gyu-young-2.jpeg

Meanwhile, Kim Dal Li and Joo Won Tak (Hwang Hee) are also pictured at the Cheongsong Art Gallery amidst a heavy atmosphere. They are there not as old friends, but as the director of the art gallery and a police officer, respectively.

Previously, it was revealed that the person who broke into Kim Dal Li’s house was none other than Cheongsong Art Gallery’s part-time employee Na Gong Joo (Song Ji Won). She had been threatened by Kim Dal Li’s cousin Kim Shi Hyung (Lee Jae Woo) to find something in the house, and Kim Dal Li is now aware that Na Gong Joo is the culprit.

Joo Won Tak and his fellow police officers are carefully observing an object that was presumably found in the drawing sheet container that Kim Dal Li tried to protect even when her house was being sold.

Spoiler

park-gyu-young-2.jpeghwang-hee-.jpeg

Na Gong Joo is also seen being questioned by Joo Won Tak at the police station. Na Gong Joo was always dressed in the most stylish and sophisticated outfits every day, but here she looks like a completely different person in her shabbier clothes. She speaks to Joo Won Tak with tears in her eyes and scars on her face, and Joo Won Tak tries to contain his rage.

Spoiler

song-ji-won.jpeghwang-hee-2.jpeg

The drama’s producers shared, “Please look forward to episode 10, where the secrets surrounding Cheongsong Art Gallery will slowly be revealed.”

“Dali and Cocky Prince” airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 9:30 p.m. KST.

source

• Heart Eyes 4

You know these days they always try to write the 2nd ML to be sweet & gracious etc so that you will have SLS , but with Tae Jin , I am disliking him more with every episode. I got so annoyed with the lines that he keeps crossing - telling Dali what she should or should not do. I hate the fact that she had no choice but to be funded by Segi ( however I see that as a necessary financial decision she had to make) However he is no gentleman as  he is using it as leverage to interfere with her life. But I am glad that she stood up to him and made it clear to him at least a couple of times that it is over between them.

I understand that Dali may still have some emotional scars from her relationship with TJ that is preventing her from accepting MH now , but l kept thinking to myself here that I would marry MH in an instant. MH is truly a diamond in the rough. I just love how he isn't afraid to say things to her as they are- as in he tells her she's wrong when she is , no sugarcoating. Yet , he sees her value & encourages her to believe in herself. 

---------------------------

Oh yay!!! This was a good kiss

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Shocked 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

10 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

but l kept thinking to myself here that I would marry MH in an instant.

:laugh: same here!
I thought that he was so cool for insisting that she came over to his house for that night since the door lock was damaged. And a man who cooks is a keeper 😍

OST #6 - U Hoo Hoo

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Hahahahahaha I saw that cut kiss scene and had to come in here ...

How did they went from arguing → slap → attempt another slap → kabedon → kiss → passionately kiss again :lmao2:

It's like a lovers fight and a make-up after :lmao2:

I thought the whole conversation was about Dali thinking Moo Hak was aftering the gallery and him being angered by the misunderstanding blah blah (sorry haven't watched the episode yet).

Aish... but it was a good kiss. :wow:

• Haha 5

I was telling @abs-oluteM that I have to watch this drama after Reflection of You because it saves me from the frustration I get from watching Reflection. HOWEVER, the first ten minutes into today's episode and I want to throw TJ into a fire. :pandarage2:

Ok...now, I need to go back to finish watching the episode. :brb:

• Haha 6
14 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I was telling @abs-oluteM that I have to watch this drama after Reflection of You because it saves me from the frustration I get from watching Reflection. HOWEVER, the first ten minutes into today's episode and I want to throw TJ into a fire. :pandarage2:

He's a nasty nasty piece of work. But when you watch the rest of the episode you will find out how awful he really is.

It's clear that Da-li dodged a bullet five years ago. 

What a waste of oxygen.

• Clapping Hands 5

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Yeah when I haven't gotten to the end, I was thinking, "that person hiding behind Assemblyman Ahn" must be Tae Jin. All the hints are pointing at him now plus there really isn't any other character we know that would be impactful as Tae Jin. Tae Jin must be the one who caused Dali's father's death too since Moo Hak's brother was so insistent of not naming him!

It boggles me how in the world he can justify his actions and what he said about Moo Hak to Dali in the beginning of this episode when he is that person behind all of this? What a two-face a$$hole.

But thanks to all of these scenes, I was very engaged with this episode. When Moo Hak handed the important information to his secretary to give it to Dali, I was worried that envelope might not reach Dali - be it got snatched away or the secretary didn't give it. But I was so touched that the secretary not only expressed her concerns, still do as she was told and made sure she tells Dali her views about Moo Hak. She really cared about Moo Hak. Obviously I like that Moo Hak wasn't being irrational when it comes to Dali and he has his convictions. 

FCSFDU6VgAc0bpU?format=jpg&name=large

BTS

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 5
  • Clapping Hands 1

Gosh eps 10 was the best!  The romance of course went full steam ahead , and honestly that argument that led up to the kiss was hot. Also plot wise it has become clearer what lead to Dali's father's death. We find out too that the girl who works at the gallery was actually rescued by her father. 

MuHak and Dali are a well written pair. MuHak's character didn't really need much growth as far as I am concern as I think he's already got his head screwed on right, is excellent at what he does , and as money minded as he is he isn't going to resort to anything shady. He's cocky not because he's got trauma or some sort of inferiority complex, it is because  he does his homework.  I love how protective his assistant was of him when she handed over the documents to Dali. And the things she said about MH to Dali, makes me admire him more.

And in Dali's case, though she started off the show rather sheltered and naive - I love how she has grown to be stronger and wiser every episode. And she handles things with much grace and elegance. She doesn't jump to conclusions and often stops to think & quietly analyse the situation. She and MH are clearly opposites but I find that they do complement each other.

Finally , Tae Jin - what can I say about this man...now I know why I could not like him at all. Yes @mademoiselleTae Jin is the developer & the man behind the assemblyman. Interestingly it will be Dali who will end up taking him on , and I hope she does. 

• Clapping Hands 6

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

We find out too that the girl who works at the gallery was actually rescued by her father. 

Remember in the beginning she looked at a picture of Dali and her father with some strange expression? Well, it seems that there’s a birth secret in that Dali is not the bio-child of her father. That will explain her hostility and envious sarcastic tone whenever she talks to Dali. I think both of them are from the same orphanage. Just that Dali was adopted first, and she was left to grow up in a much less desirable environment. 

I had hoped that Kwon Yul will shed off his bad guy roles, but I guess he does really fit into this type of roles 😅 no surprise for me that he is the big baddie. I still wonder what was that whisper in the rain from him to Dali. 

• Insightful 5
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Yup... this show just goes from strength to strength... and it looks like the showrunners actually have a plan. Which is always nice to see. I don't think I give the show enough credit for the way it paces out the story and makes the right reveals at the right time. Just when you think you know everything there is to know about the characters in the show, out springs a curve ball that has you rethinking the show... in a good way.

It was a surprising piece of revelation that Da-li was possibly adopted by Kim Nak-cheon but for some unknown reason she doesn't seem to remember it when Na Gong-ju knows all about it. Did Gong-ju hear it from Kim Si-hyung? It doesn't appear to be the case because she must have known something prior to working at the gallery. There was something about seeing Da-li on the big screen before she was about to take a swan dive that made her stop. What really interests me about this new titbit is what the show says about nature vs nurture. That wasn't exactly on the radar before but in Episodes 9 and 10, it's come through a lot more strongly. Gong-ju is inclined to think that bad luck and her environment has had something to do with how crappy her life has been. To her mind, it's been rigged from the start. Those who aren't lucky enough to have a good start in life are bound not to do well much less finish well. From her perspective it's not hard to see why she would hold that view. However, with recent developments it is clear that despite her natural abilities, she is prone to making particular types of choices. Moreover, she's not exactly grateful to have a job that others dream of and resorts to snide remarks about Da-li and her luck. However she takes off at the first sign of trouble seem to point to something flawed in her character. Lots of people who come from good homes can go off the rails too as seen in Si-hyung the cousin.

The show certainly makes a strong case for individual responsibility and the possibility of change but it also says via Won Tak as mouthpiece that many from underprivileged backgrounds will need a helping hand or a leg up along the way. From there it's up to them to find their own way once they know that there are people cheering them on. Won Tak's story has been known very early on. He was one of Kim Nak-cheon's young proteges with a checkered past who came good and put his temperament and skills to good use as a cop. Philanthropy is hard to do well even with the best of intentions and there's no guarantee of equal success for every single individual just because money is spent on a worthy cause. However, as Won Tak also points out that even with all the opportunities handed to them, there will be those who will see disappointing outcomes for one reason or another. Just think of Kim Si-hyung.

Ms Yeo spelling out  to Da-li what Moo-hak has done for her isn't just about highlighting her loyalty to the boss and extolling the man's virtues. It's also part of that messaging about how individuals can make a difference in their own lives. No doubt a talent for making money helps someone like him to become rich but not all of us need to be that rich nor will be ever be. However what everyone needs to do is to find something we're good at and do it well.

I noticed elsewhere that some viewers found the lead up to the kissing scene hard to understand and the culmination of all of that in a display of passion out of place. For me it starts not from when he arrives home but far earlier from the previous episodes when he asked her about why she's reluctant to have a relationship with him. 

I don't think it was out-of-character because it was the jealousy and frustration doing most of the talking there. He crossed a line. There's little doubt of that. To me that's a given. She responded immediately with a slap so yeah she thought he was out of line. However, by way of an explanation I say that he was seething with jealousy (and anger) that she would trust the other guy, apologize for him and defend him, when the scumbag had jilted her and was trying to cast doubt on his (Moo-hak's) integrity. That's not what he wants to hear especially after what she said about being in pain and scared of trying again with someone else. On top of that she is apparently trying to act as if that they are more than a pair of friendly creditor and debtor. She's asking him for an explanation about Dondon buying up land around the gallery when he owes her none because they aren't exactly a couple.

Moo-hak though usually amazing isn't exactly perfect. He does have a bit of a temper although in general his bark is worse than his bite. I don't think it's beyond the pale for him to lash out especially if jealousy is thrown into the mix. He also knows what she's implying when she says that he owes her an explanation -- that they are much closer. From his perspective she's messing with his head.

"It is the green-ey'd monster, which doth mock
The meat it feeds on. That cuckold lives in bliss,
Who, certain of his fate, loves not his wronger:
But O, what damnèd minutes tells he o'er
Who dotes, yet doubts, suspects, yet strongly loves!"

Why they were kissing... I think it's simply because he was jealous and angry. It wasn't driven by the best of motives but they were both pushing each other's buttons with all this sexual tension flying around. The kiss was in large part to calm them both and prevent something worse from happening. It also signalled Da-li's capitulation and willingness to have that relationship with Moo-hak. 

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 4