Immortal Samsara / Agarwood Like Crumbs / Chenxiang Ru Xie 沉香如屑 [2022]

Zhi Xi - > Will she become evil??? Will she be greedy. Although she shows sign of remorse for what she did, she should have never let that immortal Ying Deng have her memories. I still don’t trust her  just like Lu Ming doesn’t trust her. 
lo. Time apart and erased memories still didn’t stop Majesty ( Ying Yuan) from dreaming of the love of his life. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886673a01008d5c0eac56

Lu Ming saved Ying Yuan’s life in the Mortal Realm and lied to Super Majesty saying that he died. He told Tang Zhuo( Ying Yuan) he saved because someone saved his life in the past. He told him the seal won’t last , the he needs to collect artifacts that will help him to go back to the God Realm. 

Spoiler

Divine Turtle 

Spoiler

• Like 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

I have finished until the last episode. The mortal story is quite fun and almost like an adventurous journey for both of them. 

However I think my favourite scene still the river crossing tragedy between them. The cimematographic was really beautiful and it was like some dark fairy tale from book that came alive. 

20220729-220356.jpg

Like @OsmanthusTeasaid, he really looks good with dark colour robe ! His costumes really all quite impressive. Got to credit the fashion department of this drama. 

20220807-161456.jpg

20220807-161455.jpg

• Heart Eyes 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Tang Zhou has been so jelly in episode 26-27. He is so cute jelly and he had his first kiss as a mortal. So happy for him and Yan Dan sure felt something . lol 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886712f2bb90064e08eab

• Heart Eyes 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

@OsmanthusTea  Thanks for sharing the video Loved the video

Does it mean Ying Yuan’s parents love wasn’t true???   

@SilverMoonTea are you talking about this scene. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488638cf4732e09a8d9095

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

@UnniSara

Based upon the trailer I have to said XuanYe really loves RanQing. He just have his own ambition that doesn’t sat well with wifey.

I was thinking the same thing. He looked so broken hearted when she died.  I was hoping that maybe the Heavenly Majesty caused the misunderstanding to ruin their relationship and turned him Evil. I always suspected YY’s mentor was in love with YY’s mom but she had no feelings for him. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886efab2d25cedd1e738d

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

CMIIW, I read somewhere that YY's mom was The Emperor's sister.

I see , by the way onc you finish watching episode 37-38.  Check this box for spoilers 

Spoiler

After watching ep 37-38 I believe YY’s parents must have had misunderstanding 
We saw the Demon King’s story and all about the misunderstanding. This misunderstanding cause a war and the destruction of Demon Clan. Shuo Hua’s ambition was based on greed and look what happened to him, he lost his life and Al his people lost their life . If he had chosen to keep the peace his clan would be alive and thriving. M

I finished Immortal Samsara  I really loved this drama.  It pulled on my heart strings so much that I can’t wait for second half

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

@UnniSara

I'm agreed there were some misunderstanding between YY's parent. The latest eps seemed to hinting of that. I can't wait to see Daddy, his bad boy vibes is just whoooohoooo!! :wow:

Me too , I can’t  wait either . The ending with Yan Dan’s voice over was just right. 

It was amazing to see Sheng De be surprised that Yan Fan can beat her after the consumed the death Magic. She forgot YU was her mentor and she was as a smart girl. 

Spoiler

YAN DAN THOUGHT SHE GOT RID OF HER FEELINGS FOR YY BUT IN FACT IT IS STILL IN TACT.   THE DREAM BUTTERFLIES ARE OIR WITNESS 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IpohBanana said:

@SilverMoonTea I cussed that it's Thursday - there was only ONE episode today and it has to be (at least to me) one of the most important, scenes of this Part 2. sigh. have to wait till Monday AGAIN.

Hello hello, was about to ask you if you had watched this 😂, and you're faster than me. I have not watched the last 3 eps yet. The last is when Tangzhou undercover as that cheeky blushing bride :lmao2:

So far how you find this drama? Sometimes the pacing a bit imbalanced, but well Cheng Yi really is an ethereal beauty here. So I quite like it so far, and his costume all gorgeous !

• Haha 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@SilverMoonTea i have a confession - though if you have seen my other 'confessions', this won't come as a shock to you; I skipped an entire chunk at the beginning and only started watching the end of part 1 and all of part 2. So i have no clue what it was like in the beginning. But I think it's better this way, because I caught a few short snippets of the earlier episodes and boy, were they painful to watch. I wish Youku was as money-minded as Tencent and had engineered fast track viewing. Though who knows, they might announce it next week (haha).

I saw Cheng Yi in Stand By Me and tbh his expressions are the same or pretty much similar (and I reckon it will be so in South Wind XXX) though arguably, Tang Zhou offers him more room to be different. But the character in this drama IMHO is reminiscent of the 'conflicted-too-much-burden-to-carry' sort, so I don't mind that he isn't too different. And I've always felt that playing these kind of tragic roles is his cup of tea, so he makes looking pained and torn inside, feel real. I think there's enough camaraderie between him and Yang Zi for them to look good together on screen, and more importantly for their relationship to look believable. I am enjoying Part 2 mostly because the ball is in Yan Dan's court (finally) and it's her turn to act noble, to turn him down because she cannot believe that Ying Yuan would priortise her over the world. Call me small-minded if you will, but I like it when the other party gets their comeuppance. It's time that he experienced being pushed away and being turned down, and feeling like it's a one-sided love (though I seriously wonder if he doesn't know what's going in her head/heart, it would be an insult to his intelligence (IQ and EQ) if he can't see through how she feels about him).

So, to answer your question I can't comment on the pacing but I've definitely cried along with Yan Dan and Tang Zhou and I truly cannot wait for next week when he unabashedly makes all the moves on her, as Ying Yuan. BRING IT ON!

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Insightful 2

What I love in a drama is when the characters mature and learn from their mistakes. I know in life it is hard for a person to change due to circumstances in lives that make it hard or when the person meets someone whose standards are to hypocritical.

It is rare in a drama where the leads would change , learn from their mistakes and do the best they can . 

Spoiler

This is the second drama where Yang Zi plays a flower deity who will have the harshest trial( Love Trial) so she fed an unfeeling pill. Even with that pill  she still fell in love but her character was dumb through the entire drama.

At least in this drama the FL does grow and learn to understand the world isn’t as it seem. For the world to be peaceful there must always be someone who will sacrifice it all to protect the whole world.  She knows that Ying Yuan is the man because he’s is just and sincerely wants peace. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886f36607e70beaad6508

• Like 1

Now the roles has reverse Ying Yuan is so ready to give everything up for Yan Dan.