I just scrubbed through some cuts....but ending scene...woah...Ji A dressed in WHITE and asked In Bum to meet her at a theater ( please don't tell me she is possessed or something) . She is looking gorgeous. The security guard interrupted asking them what they are doing there. In Bum asked for a moment and he was touching her shoulder as he said that . Next thing you know she flipped him over and she landed on top of him . @SilverMoonTea omooooo maybe we can get some romance after all

Preview - looks like they have made up , think he should be back to working with her

@JenL Never knew JYH was your main oppa. I have no idea why I never checked out his shows. Just not enough time .

• Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

@abs-oluteM She definitely looks like she's possessed or the after effect of exorcism. :eeeee:But that's ok coz we got some :mine: out of it. She does look gorgeous (although it's kudos to the lightings and plenty reflectors ~ hahaha). When I watch this I wonder if In Bum takes off his necklace now, will the ghost go into his body from Ji Ah's?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@JenL Never knew JYH was your main oppa. I have no idea why I never checked out his shows. Just not enough time .

Hahaha, yes, JYH was my main Oppa pre-Jasper years...I flew interstate to see him perform with CNBlue :laugh: If it involves some form of travel to see them live, they were definitely on main Oppa status, haha!

He sort of fell off my Oppa list after I found Jasper, but I do always fall back into his charms when I watch him in one of his dramas again :heart: I'm liking him a lot with JNR in this drama! They bounce really well off each other.

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

9 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

LOL...yes I didn't expect you to be watching this. 

I like Jang Nara , so have seen a number ( thought not all ) of her shows. But this is my first time seeing  Jung Yung Hwa who plays Im Bum. I cannot tell if he is better than before but I just feel like he is pretty natural in this role . It is their interactions that is a draw for me here. I am usually not a fan of this sort of supernatural shows but if I put the exorcism aside, it somewhat  feels like a crime procedural of sorts. 

I wasn't going to TBH but I've got to take it easy at the moment so I'm just watching whatever's available. :smug: I even started on Doom At Your Service. People on DB are raving about it as if it's the second coming. Or maybe it's just Jang Na-ra in black being badass. 

I don't mind these sorts of supernatural dramas if well done. I loved Mystic Pop-up Bar. Besides, it does have a whodunit element as you've pointed out so it adds that extra layer of complexity.

I've seen Yong-hwa in a few things. He gotten better and the role here probably suits his more gregarious pop star personality. He was okay in Three Musketeers

The effect that In-beom has on her and what he does for her soul is key. Considering that he supposed to be a grifter that's pretty powerful. Even if there's no romance (which is unlikely) he's providing a kind of companionship to her largely lonely existence in a way no one else can. There's even a wall between her and her colleague. Obviously there are secrets there too but Ji-ah has warmed up to In-beom pretty quickly despite his trickster ways. For him the transformative part is taking on the memories of the restless dead and literally putting himself in someone's shoes. He's not cynical or jaded yet. Plus he has his own way of getting things done.

I'll keep watching to see where this relationship goes. 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

On 5/11/2021 at 9:16 PM, mademoiselle said:

Curious. Even if the art is the kind you don't know how to appreciate, would you still get the same anxiety?

Absolutely. Our personal tastes doesn't play into the equation of protecting it.

15 hours ago, JenL said:

Yes Amen to this! @Jane knows her stuff!

Should I go one step further to say he should have x-rayed it? Hahahaha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Awww this episode we have the OTP missing each other :eeeee:

LOL at Ji Ah calling out to In Bum twice while preparing the exorcism gadgets :heiboi: Technically Hyung Sik was the one she works with longer but her heart has already been captivated by In Bum. I really thought In Bum followed her and gave her warmth when she was at the parking lot for inspection. Meanwhile In Bum did the same, worrying if she'll be freezing to death without him. Kekeke.

I enjoyed this episode. Sometimes a little bit separation really make the things/people fonder :mine:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Awww this episode we have the OTP missing each other :eeeee:

LOL at Ji Ah calling out to In Bum twice while preparing the exorcism gadgets :heiboi:

This gives some hope especially when I just saw the episode and the last scene was cause she was still having the ghost's memories.  :nervous:. Maybe them falling down together will create some feelings for the two. 

Also was pleasantly surprised that the case involved In Bum's buddy's girlfriend. I was half wondering if he actually had one and thought that he may have been scammed or something. LOL.

• Haha 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

1 minute ago, abs-oluteM said:

Maybe them falling down together will create some feelings for the two.

I'm pretty sure they have already fallen for one another. It's telling that Ji Ah talks to herself that she thought she found someone who could understand her, and said things that comforted her.

2 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Also was pleasantly surprised that the case involved In Bum's buddy's girlfriend. I was half wondering if he actually had one and thought that he may have been scammed or something. LOL.

I felt the same. I thought this girlfriend never existed LMAO. But she looks decent enough and hopefully after the exorcism she'd chirped up and they become a great pairing and maybe join the Daebak Real Estate :fam:.

BTW, I forgot. Really have to nitpick... she's super duper scared of being alone in the house, but she was talking on the phone in the dark. I'd have switched on ALL the lights. She was watching something on her laptop with only the table lamp on. :PikachuFacePalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
9 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Even if there's no romance (which is unlikely) he's providing a kind of companionship to her largely lonely existence in a way no one else can.

True true...there's a different connection that she has with In Beom compared to her previous psychic. He absorbs the memories of the ghosts instead of her and because of that he can truly empathise with her - he knows how emotionally exhausting this job is. That connection binds them.

12 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm pretty sure they have already fallen for one another. It's telling that Ji Ah talks to herself that she thought she found someone who could understand her, and said things that comforted her.

Agreed....Ji A is the tsundere here I suppose - so I know it will hard for her to express her feelings or even admit to it. Let's see if we will get a cute "out of the box" confession! 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

BTW, I forgot. Really have to nitpick... she's super duper scared of being alone in the house, but she was talking on the phone in the dark. I'd have switched on ALL the lights. She was watching something on her laptop with only the table lamp on

Tell me about it!! I was griping about that very same thing too 😆 I guess she needs to conserve electricity so as not to run the bill too high? 😂

• Haha 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

Actually Soo Jung raise some question for me too. So shes supposedly giving IB's friend underwear, I felt it's a bit out of her character? She looks so reserved. 

Oh I love the ending, JNR just so pretty. I'm more mesmerized with the unnie this time than with the oppa :eeeee:IB is so dead... haha. Her clothes felt like on republican time. The drama really want to torture us I think. 

This week episode so much better than last week. The elevator ghost is quite scary and the story pretty engaging too. 

• Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

8 hours ago, Jane said:

Absolutely. Our personal tastes doesn't play into the equation of protecting it.

Hahaha so true! We just need to keep all the Art safe! :yayaya:

8 hours ago, Jane said:

Should I go one step further to say he should have x-rayed it? Hahahaha!

Hahaha, They totally should have x-rayed the main girl as she entered the gallery (as she cut down the painting) ...They suffered due to their lack of weapons checks :laugh:

7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I enjoyed this episode. Sometimes a little bit separation really make the things/people fonder

It was cute how they were missing each other...I just wanted them to hold hands some more :BulbaOWO:

6 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Actually Soo Jung raise some question for me too. So shes supposedly giving IB's friend underwear, I felt it's a bit out of her character? She looks so reserved. 

Hahaha yeah I agreed...I thought he had been scammed too. I mean the great irony would be the scammer getting scammed. I also agree with @SilverMoonTea that she seems like she wouldn't be the type of girl to be sending underwear to her boyfriend. But maybe it's because this actress always seems to play the quiet/shy girl. She was the replacement actress for Park Hye Soo's quiet girl character in the second season of Age of Youth / Hello My Twenties 2 when PHS decided to do other projects instead :idk:

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

BTW, I forgot. Really have to nitpick... she's super duper scared of being alone in the house, but she was talking on the phone in the dark. I'd have switched on ALL the lights. She was watching something on her laptop with only the table lamp on. :PikachuFacePalm:

Hahaha, I know right?! I was like turn on some damn lights, girl! And like lock your doors and put every ghost-warding-off-charm around :pandaheadstomp: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Episode 9

-I enjoyed this episode a lot too like everyone else. The feelings between the main pair are clearly there, but they will both stubbornly refuse to admit it though secretly miss each other anyway :BulbaOWO:

-It was such a tease to have HJA imagine OIB coming to warm her hands :heart: I like the cute hand holding in this series! And I want moreeeee. I also liked how she kept mistakenly calling Hyung Sik OIB instead. Like he's always in her thoughts :hearties:

-It's unfair for HJA to lash out at OIB like that since it's not like e planned to be a psychic or turn into an egg ghost, but clearly she's had this baggage for years and she has always wanted to let it out. Poor OIB! :mine:

-The ghost story felt so sad and unfair as always. But this week's story had the added element of the idea that 'No good deed goes unpunished.' Bae Soo Jung (the girlfriend) was kinda judgey towards the neighbouring girl in her apartment block because she was a bit scary when drunk. But then that girl took the initiative to save her when she didn't have to, but then she got killed in the process because BSJ was not bright enough to figure out that the guy was looking dodgy and threatening the girl. :letalQQ: The actress that played BSJ plays a similarly annoying/passive/quiet girl in Age of Youth second season - she hasn't been in many dramas since then so was surprised to see her in a similar role here.

- The cops were so annoying in this episode  - of course they would think she was stabbing the psychic... And not understand :lenny: The other thing that is annoying is that I can't believe they let that stalker chicken shop guy go!!! What is wrong with their law?? :pandarage2:

- Like everyone else, hoping the ghost possession which leads HJA to dress up pretty and fall on top of OIB on the stage will push existing attractions to the forefront of their minds :smug: I really liked that dazed look of awe that OIB had on his face when he was walking towards her. He thought she was prettttyyyy :BulbaOWO: She really was too - all in pretty white silk as opposed to her cool badass dark outfits...

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

I just wanna check the cuts to see if this romance will inch forward or not ...:lenny:

Got hope gals...I mean she is already softening up..in the last bit she said sorry and gave him back the chain saying that is for him

Hmmm she was definitely admiring him & his white pants here

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, JenL said:

Episode 9

-It's unfair for HJA to lash out at OIB like that since it's not like e planned to be a psychic or turn into an egg ghost, but clearly she's had this baggage for years and she has always wanted to let it out. Poor OIB! :mine:

I like how OIB still be so kind and apologize to JA in person. I felt he's so sincere to her. And she in return just respond very short "I understand". But her eyes expression telling a lot, like she also felt sorry for him to apologize, while it's not really all his fault. Just a part when he doesn't come clean to her about his intention on joining Daebak. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

41 minutes ago, JenL said:

Bae Soo Jung (the girlfriend) was kinda judgey towards the neighbouring girl in her apartment block because she was a bit scary when drunk. But then that girl took the initiative to save her when she didn't have to, but then she got killed in the process because BSJ was not bright enough to figure out that the guy was looking dodgy and threatening the girl. 

I was rather upset at her because she was not mindful about her surroundings. I want to yank the headphones from her head 🙄 When you’re alone, you should always be aware of the people and things around you instead of deafening yourself. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

11 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I like how OIB still be so kind and apologize to JA in person. I felt he's so sincere to her. And she in return just respond very short "I understand". But her eyes expression telling a lot, like she also felt sorry for him to apologize, while it's not really all his fault. Just a part when he doesn't come clean to her about his intention on joining Daebak. 

He is becoming one of my favorite male characters for 2021. 

Oh how the heck did they get locked up in this freezer room...and oh my the friend went to confront the Dohak boss about something , and after that a whole pile of wood fell on her at the construction site.

Omoooo the mum came to save them ...how is that possible

Preview

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

6 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

That's true. Part of HJA's charm is her haughtiness, nihilism and sarcasm :heiboi: But she is soft too and those aspects of her are just a defence mechanism from years of dealing with the darker side of humans. I like how OIB brings out her softness. And you're right, she was mad at him for not telling her he knew their connection which makes sense!

6 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Our poor pure boy is doomed! Hahaha...

I'm also doomed! Why do they look so good together!!! :heart:

• Haha 4

Episode 10

LOL at In Bum all dressed up in white to complement Ji Ah when she asked him out for a meal (though was to drop a big bomb on him).

Their slow burn relationship is going well too, with a little skinship here and there. Kekeke.

And last scene, so Omma came to save them! I'm starting to think she's powerful enough to choose whether she wants to be exorcised or not. It's not that In Bum isn't the special enough medium but she didn't want to go yet.

So did Ms. Jo get killed? *o*

• Insightful 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Their slow burn relationship is going well too, with a little skinship here and there. Kekeke.

Got some mini progress...he told her he still wanted to hold her hand when they were locked up in the warehouse. :smug:  And in the preview she declared exclusive partnership with him saying why should she use any other psychic when she has the special one. LOL ...he was so pleased. Actually can see that now they always give each other meaningful looks when they agree & understand each other. The one thing I hope is to see is that  smile abit more ...she's so angry all the time. 

I thought Miss Jo survived in the preview - or could that be flashbacks?  Ya maybe mum being a medium/ exorcist herself isn't like any other spirit.

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

he told her he still wanted to hold her hand when they were locked up in the warehouse.

Hahaha I do love that one. Smoothly done.

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

I thought Miss Jo survived in the preview - or could that be flashbacks?  Ya maybe mum being a medium/ exorcist herself isn't like any other spirit.

Did she? I might have miss out. Since Ji Ah isn't moaning maybe she got out alive.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Episode 10

- At first I was a little mad at BSJ because she completely dismissed the woman who saved her and she was such a coward due to her own guilt. It annoyed me so much that she actually did see her and instead of doing what the other girl did for her, she just ran away :pandarage2::pandarage2::pandarage2: I love how HJA really verbally slapped her hard because she needed to hear it and HJA just has that perfect combination of wisdom, common sense and sharpness.

-I loved the way HJA framed the description of the life of the girl who died - there was such empathy and love for her courage and strength of character :heart:

- I guess BSJ made up for it by helping to capture/ kill the bad guy, but I felt like he got it way too easy just by being run over :nervous: 

- The cop also redeemed himself this episode by being open-minded and actually challenging his own beliefs about the supernatural. Also it's interesting that him and Secretary Joo do actually remember each other. He's part of her mysterious past too...:thinking:

- Ahhh, the romance between the main pair is just enough to make me fan girl and wish there was more. It's such a tease! I love how excited he is when he thinks that she's asking him out on a date...that white outfit looked pretty good...it's a please consider me as boyfriend look :smug: 

- I also really loved the trapped-in-the-freezer scene. It's such a trope that happens for some reason in the romances that I choose to watch - someone will be trapped in a freezer/ ice-cream truck freezer / ice van by a psycho/ serial killer and need some serious rescuing. But what I liked was when he took her hand and was like "use me to warm yourself up"...he was so proud to be her heating pack :BulbaOWO::hearties:  And she was like, it doesn't work that way, fool :laugh:But totally got the flutters when he said that even so, he still wanted to hold her hand!!! :heart:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

This is by far my favorite episode😍

- OIB is fussing too much over her safety at the beginning of the episode... way too much for just a partner partner 😆

- He was so happy about their black and white ensemble but was shot down with “are you playing baduk?” 🤣

- The part that guy got ran over by a truck of doom was shocking, but even more shocking that he immediately started attacking JA. I really love that even while possessed, at critical times, IB came to himself and tried to stop the ghost from attacking JA further 😄
- Most favorite part ~ Mom to the rescue!! 💪🏻The power of a mother’s love ❤️ 

As for whether Jo is dead or not, very very difficult to say. I would think she is a key person so she shouldn’t have been taken out so early in the story if she really has to die 🤔 Preview could be misleading in that it could just be a flashback and that’s how the two are acquainted and that’s why Jo has a secret to keep and do not wish for JA to find out the truth about the day of her mother’s death. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif