@SilverMoonTea I think In Bum has fallen in love with the cold and scary Ji Ah. :laugh:

But I don't think she has returned his feelings yet. Yes she has become more friendly and warmer to him, but up until noe her priority still lay on sending off her mother and finding out about the truth behind of her death. 

The last scenes of the latest episodes looked so satisfying. Hong Mi Jin spirit is so powerful that she could burn and broken all that machine that locked Ji Ah and In Bum inside. Is being a spirit or ghost who has been staying in the living world for about 20 years, give you some secret power? Last time Oh Sung Sik when he possessed In Bum body somehow give a powerful strength to In Bum hahaha... 

• Haha 5

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

49 minutes ago, LaLa said:

@SilverMoonTea I think In Bum has fallen in love with the cold and scary Ji Ah. :laugh:

I'm pretty sure he has especially when he was mesmerized by seeing her in that beautiful white dress. I loved the reference to Pride and Prejudice by the way because it is also speaks to the leads' dynamic up to now. Ji-ah has been prejudicial against In-beom because of his former occupation and his link to her mother's death. And he knows how to put aside his pride and work his magic to charm her to a reconciliation.

The really interesting thing though is that even if she is cold and scary on the surface, he can see past all that as some kind of facade. To him, she's cold and scary no longer. He is the main reason why that is. Con-men are supposed to be good at reading people which is why some of them can even sell people a bridge.

I'm all caught up and definitely warming up to In-beom with every episode. He's unbelievably good-natured and the fact that he initiates the reconciliation says a lot about why he's such a good fit for her. He never gives up either. Despite her prickliness coming to the fore, he knows how to scale those walls and demolish them.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

9 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Errrrrr... the mother can leave the Daebak building??? 😂

I feel that the show's world building is a bit off as well. I also thought that the spirits were territorial. And it's not just that. What about when Ma Kwang Tae's spirit gets absorbed and is sent off? There didn't seem to be much of an after effect. Is it because he is a newly birthed spirit? Did I miss something? 

• Like 5

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

7 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I feel that the show's world building is a bit off as well. I also thought that the spirits were territorial. And it's not just that. What about when Ma Kwang Tae's spirit gets absorbed and is sent off? There didn't seem to be much of an after effect. Is it because he is a newly birthed spirit? Did I miss something? 

Hmmmm.... just my thoughts on Ma Kwang Tae ghost, I kind of think that it was more that his actions are too disgusting to be featured, since Oh In Beom’s first reaction was a look of disgust saying why is there such a person after the spirit was sent off. Although the way he looked at Hong Ji A after it had me wondered was it a side effects from MKT, his stare was unusually intensive that even Ji A broke away from it first. 

That episode was carefully drafted to show not to say what MKT did but have the police informing that photos and videos of others girls been stalked by him were found in his computer and considering his previous words and action in the girl’s room when they are alone, it’s not painting to be a nice image to mind. So I do feel that the production team is purposely avoided it out of sensitive (or censorship) since the MKT reminds me of Richard Ranirez... 

On the topic of ghosts, did anyone realise that the recent ghosts starts to feature red eyes? First there was In Beom’s Uncle when he is in Do Hak Seong’s office, and now Ma Kwang Tae? Seems to hint their hatred, that’s why Ma Kwang Tae was able to attack Hong Ji A immediately despite being a new ghost? Though I wonder if he could hit her or that is Ji A simply reacting to avoid getting touched by him to be trapped in her memories again.

For Ghost Mama, I think even Ji A is surprised to learn that her mother could leave the house, so I think that there are something which are not said about her yet. This would not be the first time Ji A not knowing something despite being the only exorcist... 

And instead of where she was tied to, it is more likely that it was whom she was tied to and chances are she is one of the stronger ghosts who can travel like In Beom’s Uncle. I still wonder about whether she has special ability since the way she appeared to open the door is so dramatic but I also recall Ji A mentioning that electrical fails when ghost is present... and if I am not wrong, automatic open door in emergency is a safety feature just like in a lift... so the door could have been just open with her presence to interfere with the electronic....

I would think that Ji A will have problem sending them off and something needed to be done before so.

Edited by YamieX
  • Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 4
10 hours ago, YamieX said:

And instead of where she was tied to, it is more likely that it was whom she was tied to and chances are she is one of the stronger ghosts who can travel like In Beom’s Uncle. I still wonder about whether she has special ability since the way she appeared to open the door is so dramatic but I also recall Ji A mentioning that electrical fails when ghost is present... and if I am not wrong, automatic open door in emergency is a safety feature just like in a lift... so the door could have been just open with her presence to interfere with the electronic....

Oh these are such good points. I supposed mum also never left Daebak office since there was never a need to. So we assumed she was tied to a place but now that Ji A is truly in danger, she has to come save her daughter. 

Anyway welcome to JangHaven . Glad to read you here. 

Didn't realise she sang an OST too

OST 5

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

28 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

She debuted as singer before she became an actress. In one interview that I've read or watched, she said that she's afraid of singing again because she felt that she lacks the skill. I really enjoyed her singing when she performed a song in go back couple. She said if she will start singing again, she's going to take vocal lessons first. 

I'm glad that she participated and sing an OST for the drama. It means it's possible for her to sing again.

11 hours ago, YamieX said:

On the topic of ghosts, did anyone realise that the recent ghosts starts to feature red eyes? First there was In Beom’s Uncle when he is in Do Hak Seong’s office, and now Ma Kwang Tae?

Ooh interesting. I didn't pay attention to the red eyes. Maybe you are right about the red eyes represents the hatred or anger that the ghosts have. And welcome to JangHaven :)

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oh these are such good points. I supposed mum also never left Daebak office since there was never a need to. So we assumed she was tied to a place but now that Ji A is truly in danger, she has to come save her daughter. 

Anyway welcome to JangHaven . Glad to read you here. 

Thank you 😊 I’m glad to find a place for discussion.

I’m guessing Mum is staying because of Ji A. And this serial has a sneaky habit of drawing dots and letting us connect them thinking that should be it and then prove us wrong 😑

Ah... indeed JNR was a singer until 2012 I think... and stopped singing because of her performance anxiety. I always thought that was a pity coz she has quite an unique tone. But I kind of think that her skills now is probably better than her younger days. If not for that nervousness in her voice at times, from what was showcased during her recent dramas she seems to be quite a good singer especially with her musical scenes in The Last Empress.

It did surprise me when she sang the OST and not to mention such a girl group like song; which left me scratching my head trying to imagine a scene in which Ji A could have to use this as a BGM... 🤔🤔 Her voice is just too sweet for Ji A, and I’m guessing that’s why she is using a deeper voice as Ji A. 

Somehow I could only imagine JNR doing ballads such as “Wind from the end of the sky” from Dong Yi OST.... 

Edited by YamieX
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

I scrubbed through the cuts

At the end of the last week , Jin A saw her mum but she can't tell after that if it was just her imagination as she passed out. Ji Chul (IB's buddy) came to save them and sent them to hospital.

Manager Joo did not die but she was definitely injured and is in hospital. There was a scene where IB went to see her , and the exchange between the two didn't seem quite pleasant. But I will need subs - is IB suspicious of Joo over something?

Anyway long story short, JA is still determined to help IB's uncle's ghost go off in peace. So again they set of trap that involved Dohak boss. 

But things did not go as plan. IB's uncle who had now possesed IB was very strong & he was super angry that Dohak boss escape...and OMG...he jumped off a tall building to chase him. 

:shocked2:

Preview - can't be that IB died right? That funeral maybe just a set-up. Anyway looks like Manager Joo is hiding something from JinA

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

I haven't had the time to watch last night's but IB survived the jump with minor injuries. But I think his uncle did set fire to some of the places that Dohak wanted to develop 

IB spent some time recuperating at his grandma's and at least they somewhat reconnected

Spoiler

And I think his grandma passed away later - hence the funeral scene in last night's preview. He show's his uncle's letter to JiA

Spoiler

It just seems that this week JinA is going through a low ...she fainted at the end here. From some earlier cuts she found some things about her mum & she was angry with her mum's actions/ choices

Preview...oh my - looks like she quits the business

• Like 4

I just want to say episode 12 was amazing, the portrayal of how JA fought through those fake memories were heartbreaking and JNR delivered it very well.

Although I know some would say that the repetition of the memory is bothersome but let’s consider this. Do we tend to rethink about something over and over again in our mind when we can’t get over something?

That’s the actual scene being shown here. Just that we are now in JA’s mindscape and witnessing her every attempt to break through the fake memories placed on her mind.

The fact SYHH took something so intangible and managed to turn it into tangible and heartbreaking shows how detailed the team is. That’s definitely a scene to remember for me.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

The ep 11-12 kind of heavy and sad. But didn't really give closure to us yet on what's trully happening to her mom. 

I'm still confused, does the last scene before Ji Ah fainted is the right one? If so, her mom & JA should be in IB's uncle memories that being absorbed by him. 

But perhaps egg ghost have a different outcome to everyone involved? 

If the scene really true, in any case IB & JA's fate is really very strong, eventhough it's very sad but it felt as if IB being saved by her mom is her last gift for JA. IB will protect JA in future. That's why their special psychic & exorcist also happened? 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

14 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

If so, her mom & JA should be in IB's uncle memories that being absorbed by him. 

I think the memories that surface are those that are weighing a lot on that person’s mind, something unsettled. IB was saved and was fine after the incident. So it is very possible that in IB’s uncle memories that scene is not present. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

The last couple of episodes were decent especially the fight scene involving In-beom, Ji-ah and dozens of Do's minions in the abandoned building. In an instant In-beom turns into the incredible hulk which is really awesome but then goes back to normal when the spirit is exorcised. It's a pity really because I want more superhero In-beom. I've come to appreciate his bromance over time with Ji-cheol who looked pretty dapper in the funeral outfit.

Jang Na-ra carries a lot on her shoulders in this show. Her nuanced performance is what's needed especially when she puts on a facade of indifference. Although that's less and less the case now. I am sympathetic with her need to know and there's a part of me that thinks if she had been told what had happened, she wouldn't be doing all kinds of "reckless" things to get to the truth of her mother's death. She's an adult now, having been in the exorcism game for a while, to be treated like a child doesn't do anyone any favours. Not knowing can be far more painful. A hole in one's memories. Anyway it's her choice to know or not. I don't think Secretary Ju has any right to keep things from her. 

It's not a bad show, I just wish that Do Hak-sung was a more interesting primary villain. He's very one-note and the only reason why he keeps getting away with stuff is because he has the right people in his pocket. It's a tiring stereotype. 

I'm glad that In-beom got to say goodbye to his grandma before she shuffled off this mortal coil. But poor kid. He really had a hard time growing up as a psychic and not knowing what hit him every time. At least he's grown up to be a kind-hearted man.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Very interesting two episodes this week. So many things were revealed and finally the mystery is almost unraveled. Must say I wish we already know what went on 20 years ago. I suppose what In Bum saw in the beginning of Ji Ah's mother holding his uncle by his throat is real whereas Ji Ah's memory of her mum stabbing herself is false/falsified by mum to protect Ji Ah. My guess from next episode preview is Ji Ah must have stabbed her mother.

What I'm puzzled is why the possessed Ji Ah's mother had a face in In Bum's flashback if it was Egg ghost that she's exorcising.

And :taebtsbeg: to Kim Mi Kyung's cameo! Love love love her.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Episode 11-12

-I really enjoyed these last few episodes because I'm really into this mystery with HJA's mother and OIB's uncle. I like that the story plays around with the different character's POVs and how unreliable memory is - which is often the case when people try to solve murders. It's a lot of puzzle work for sure! :thinking:

-Although strange, I like that the ghosts are not necessarily tied to the buildings. Her mother coming to save her was a good plot twists, though I guess you could see that already with the uncle who haunted the bad guy, DHS. And maybe with some of the past ghosts, they haunted the buildings because the people who killed them spent a lot of time there? :idk:

-Glad Secretary Ju survived, although I don't know how realistic that is when all those wooden things fall directly on top of you! :shocked: So I guess she knew OIB's uncle? Or wondering if she was bluffing and threatening DHS?

-Ugh the scene where they do the exorcism for OIB's uncle was so frustrating - it sucked that she could almost stab him but then they didn't believe the exorcism was real and in the process, hurt HJA, messed up the salt ring and allowed a possessed OIB to escape! :lettalKWA::psweatduck:

- Can I just say that hospital scene was so sweet with HJA and OIB? The fact that she slept by his bed and the fact that he was worried, not about his own injuries, but about whether he'd hurt her. I thought they were so cute :heart::hearties:

-I like the detective now. I find him to be a good character - like he's smart and not draggy. He seems to have accepted that even if he doesn't really believe in the supernatural, there's something genuine about these real estate people and he'll help them out. Also liked how he threatened DHS with a re-investigation! :CharmanderYay:

-On the flips side, I'm annoyed at that gangster who is trying to get back in the good books with DHS and who stole OIB's memorandum. He's so stupid - why go crawling back to someone who treated you so badly? :pandarage2: 

-It's sad how HJA found the book and felt she could no longer trust Secretary Joo anymore. I'm sure there's a valid reason for her hiding the truth now, but her secretive ways would also make me suspicious too if I were HJA. Also sad how HJA did that same memory spell over and over again even though she was getting weaker and weaker. I'm confused about what seems to have happened to her mother - it looks like she discovered the only way to get rid of an egg ghost is to kill it, so she was about to kill OIB, but then the uncle overheard and wanted to run....so I guess she was attacking him to get to OIB. Then did OIB kill her? :lettalKWA: Or was it HJA who then stabbed her mother? So much confusion!!

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

I was all ready to find out about the truth of what happened 20 years ago, but Sung Sik regrets were for burning down the building and getting killed without getting any apartment or house for his mother and In Bum. On the good side, In Bum grandma could finally go in peace knowing the truth behind his son death and for In Bum to be with her on her last day. 

I was a little bit annoyed that both In Bum and Ji Cheol are too careless while talking about their plan and that gangster could easily eavesdropped on them. They trust that man too easily. Honestly when his scenes were being played sometimes I would do something else while just hearing at the sound at the background. 

Seeing Ji Ah forcing herself to remember and find out about that day truth from her mother made me felt painful and sad for her. I have a feeling that maybe she did indeed stab her mother as she was instructed to send away the spirit, but what the young Ji Ah didn't expect probably the blood on her hand. She didn't know yet that for sending away the egg ghost, they need to sacrifice the current host life, which was on that day was her mother and not In Bum. And to not being able to see her mother's face when she was possessed must be traumatic too that made her forgot about that incident and made a very different scenes in her mind. 

I really hope the sad and pitiful Ji Ah won't stay long. I prefer the cold and sarcastic Ji Ah :laugh:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

Finally caught up with the subbed episodes. Felt quite bad that both In Bum and Ji A have lived with guilt thinking they are the cause of the deaths of his uncle and her mum respectively. But now it seems that he could have been the one that killed the mum? I hope we can get some sort of closure soon for this. I like to think that it isn't In Bum's fault. The spirit was exorcised from In Bum after all given he is well and alive. 

For me the best character development is In Bum's . I remember how we were introduced to him as a materialistic con man . He's  turned to making a fast buck this way due to his poor background and it must have been hard being linked as family member of an arsonists - you'll be looked down on and bullied.  But over the episodes, In Bum has shown the most kindness and compassion. He is quick to forgive and you can tell that ever since he joined forces with JA, he has found his calling and purpose. 

New stills

https://www.news1.kr/articles/?4318088

optimize

• Like 3