30 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Tell me about it!! It's like because these dramas are not yet finished, I dare not pick up new dramas! 

I also found it strange that we haven't seen Ji-Ah's mother, that made me think, could she have gone away because after Ji-Ah already realised that it was because she is holding on to her, she actually has unconsciously let go of her mother? 

Which new drama are you thinking of picking up? I recommend Racket Boys! :wow2:

Yeah what you said cross my mind too except I feel if I am the writer I would want to put this in the finale as a proper tear-jerking closure for Ji Ah, that after catching Do Hak Sung, she can finally let go of her mother. And then maybe perhaps start a relationship with In Beom. :idk:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@mademoiselle I havent watched DRE yet, cuz I have so many on plates already, probably will binge watch it after it ends later. 

Looking at that mash up, are they planning to invite him for cameo or something? Or hints for the two will have other future projects, if it's not that either, then perhaps kbs is having a withdrawal syndrome episodes? Lols... anyway, that video looks like a melodrama one, and both are quite suitable for these roles together. 

• Like 2

FINALE!

Good golly , I skimmed through the raw cuts ...KBS stingy poker...didn't develop the romance beyond some subtle hints.  I am disappointed with how they have wasted the chemistry of the leads . They kept teasing us but after 16 long episodes, nothing seems confirmed about where they stand except that they will continue to work together. 

Guess how DoHak boss died? It was karma...after stabbing JA and shoving In Beom aside, he ran off with his big bag of money. But he passed some homeless people and in some scuffle , he fell down the stairs and died ...his money flew everywhere . But then his vengeful spirit possesed In Beom. At that point both IB and JA was being rushed to hospital , he caused an accident in the ambulance that IB was in. So I think JA , even in her weakened state had to performed an exorcism

Spoiler

So after sending of Dohak boss to the afterlife, they both finally got treated . Here he stayed by her side all the time holding her hand till she regained consciousness. Yes, that my friend is the most crumbs you're gonna get. JA's friend even made sure they didn't these two having quality time together

So now I suppose the final bit , was sending JA's mum off.  Seriously they should not have dragged this arc so long. I think the drama would have benefitted from a 12-episode plot.

Not sure why, but maybe in their efforts to find a way, IB tried to use hypnosis to help JA go into her subconscious , but LOL end up the friend was the one who hypnotized

Spoiler

I think the mum finally left on her own....not enough video cuts to show what happened. 

Spoiler

And so JA found peace . Here she and IB went to pay respects at the mum's columbarium. I am thinking these are all positive signs of them becoming closer - yes these are all the crumbs you get :lol: Oh well , In Beom is driving a nice car

Spoiler

Ending cheesy scene. The 4 of them will continue to run Daebak...another case comes in. Jang Nara's final outfit was hot!

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

24 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:
Spoiler

I think the mum finally left on her own....not enough video cuts to show what happened. 

Man, I cried two nights in a row...

Yes, Ji Ah’s mother left on her own after getting a chance to talk to JA through possessing IB. She also get to say thank you and goodbye to Joo. This part was really sad because JA initially didn’t want her to go, begging her to stay but eventually letting go. JNR is just so good in jerking tears out of me. 

The ending was as expected. They’re back as the best ghost-busting team in town. I like that the tone is kept consistent from beginning to the end. The first few cases were more interesting to watch whereas the later main case of Do is rather draggy, I think. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

It's been a really really rough week and I haven't watched any dramas because I've been under a lot of stress/ limited deadlines to help other people. And it's going to be rough sailing for a long while yet unfortunately...But I finally found a few hours to catch up and finish this drama :CharmanderYay:

Overall, I really liked this series - I enjoyed the pacing of the storytelling and thought it was a good balance between episodic ghost stories, which shone a light on all the tragic, painful, bittersweet moments about being a human, and longer form story arcs, with drawn out messages like learning to let go - HJA and her mum or the importance of friendship and loyalty - OIB and his friend. I think it might have been @Chocolate who likened this series to Taxi Driver since they're both about the sad stories of everyday individuals...I would say this drama was like a less mushy version of Hotel Del Luna and a supernatural version of Move to Heaven.  I enjoyed the humour which was never too slapstick, but not too dry either - a nice mix of things that made me laugh here and there.

Haha, I know @abs-oluteM will be the first to disagree with me, but maybe @SilverMoonTea will understand...This is the best romance I've seen all year :laugh:....Or rather the best Chemistry, since this was another KBS series with a promising premise for romance that just didn't develop the way that people wanted it to (It's been 6 months since the ending of DDSSLLS, but I'm still grudging over that when I think about it). But yeah, I enjoyed this series a lot. I often come to dramas for the Oppas and come out with a new Unnie crush and this definitely happened in this series. Jang Nara was soooo cool as HJA. I just love a cool and sardonic female lead - she was sleek and skilled, had excellent gothic style and was not emotional, but had a heart. I'm going to miss watching her and OIB gaze at each other :BulbaOWO::hearties:

Also Damn Yong Hwa is back in my Oppa books. I'm sure I'll forget about him again over time given that JYH only does a drama every few years :laugh:...but he was just so charismatic. And him and a convertible in the sunset? :cool:

Anyway since I'm probably going to disappear again may as well make this post extra long and include my notes for last few episodes...

Episode 14-16

- I'd just finished watching Hello it's Me! when I watched Episode 14, but I was really surprised to recognise that the posh evil aunty in that series was played by the same lady who played the elderly restaurant lady who can't let go of her son and feels guilty for not feeding him one last meal!!! :lettalKWA:

- Although this series never went far in the romance department, I think I liked the chemistry and the feeling of how much they liked each other from the heart-felt conversations HJA and OIB always had with each other. I really liked the conversation they had on the swings where OIB tells HJA that his grandma blamed him for all his family's bad luck and that people often look for someone to blame because they don't want to work through the tragedy...this series had a lot of pearls of wisdoms about not holding grudges :BulbaOWO::hearties:

- Glad they revealed Secretary Ju's history in episode 14 with her baby, which was a sad tale in itself and also tied up the story about OIB's memorandum. Of course that wouldn't be enough to take down the bad guy. 

- Damn Episode 15 and 16 had a lot of Egg Ghosts featured. I had to watch through my fingers because I was so scared!!! :psweatduck: 

- I laughed at the bit when OIB's friend was worrying about him when they went to exocise the egg ghost and HJA was like, "Don't worry, I'll bring your boyfriend back in one piece" :laugh:

- I guess the egg ghost made for a tense challenge since it always seemed like no one could kill the egg ghosts without getting themselves killed. :shocked: I'm glad that neither HJA or OIB died in the end since they shared the burden of the exorcism. 

- I have to say I love a good bad guy that is a big challenge to kill off. DHS was sooooo evil and definitely not an easy bad guy to take down at all! He did so many bad things, killed so many innocent people (without having to do the dirty work himself at all) and really messed HJA up physically especially in the last ep with the stabbing and later the fight when he possessed OIB. I liked the idea of him dying in the human realm slipping on money and being trampled on by bums who he looked down on...and as a ghost, being tortured for eternity :lenny:

- But I also liked the idea that there's a price to pay for everything even sometimes punishing shitty people who deserve it - the burn mark and the loss of powers was an interesting idea with HJA's storyline though I was stressed about how she would do an exorcism for her mum :thinking:

- Speaking of her mum, that last conversation with her mum was really touching. For all her coolness, HJA really was just a kid on the inside who wanted her mother by her side. Also I missed her ghost mum when she disappeared for several episodes. But it was nice to see her be able to say a meaningful goodbye and let her go and know her mum had also liked watching her grow up :heart:

- Ahhh, so many missed opportunities for romance in that last episode - I mean, there was the hospital scene where OIB held HJA's hand and was really scared that he'd hurt her...but she thanked him for saving her life even when possessed. They looked nice looking into each other's eyes. :BulbaOWO: And then straight after she said bye to her mum, I thought he might comfort her with a big hug or maybe even kiss her, though I guess the timing might be weird...but he awkward pat hugged her :shocked:  And then when he picked her up for a 'date' rocking up looking might fineeee...but it turned out he was just taking her to visit her mum's grave :idk:

RWlklvp.png

- Aside from missed chances for stronger romance, I enjoyed the last episode. It tied up a lot of storylines neatly. The characters all got their character development, the side characters all ended up happy, the bad guy got punished and the crew still ended up together :CharmanderYay:  The part in the episode that I thought was cliche and overdone was the part where it looked like they'd split up but then a time jump happened and they all decided to come back together again and continue their ghostbusting - they did this with Taxi Driver too...it's pretty pointless, but I feel like they want to show the characters could grow individually without each other, but still want to come back regardless. In any case, they ended with HJA in a super hot outfit and Jang Nara and Jung Yong Hwa strutting like models to take down ghosts, so I guess it was good eye candy :laugh:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

For the most part I liked the ending and it was a fitting one that took its time to tie up all the loose ends. As far as K drama endings go, it's a good one. My only criticism is that they took such a long time to get to this point. As I've said before, Do Hak-sung's presence wasn't one that I would have chosen to be this protracted. Compared to the other aspects of the show, it was the most cliched. The show was always at its best when the team was engaged in different exorcisms which I missed. It's true they tried to fill that gap by taking it closer to home but I felt less interested (strangely enough) in all that. That part of the show has been done to death (no pun intended) the last 2 years. From Chocolate to Mystic Pop-up Bar to Move to Heaven. I understand why they prolonged mother's departure -- storytelling wise Ji-a had to work out the reason why mother couldn't go and then finally let go. But I continue to maintain that it took too long to get there. I'm also not exactly a fan of the "don't tell her what happened to protect her" scenario. 

All in all this was a good, fun watch for me. I think if they had ramped up the Ji-a and In-beom dynamic, it would have been even better. I don't think that everything has to have a romance but this one was crying out for one. There are certainly hints of what could be and In-beom's good-natured personality, his ability to take Ji-a as she is, is very pleasing always. He is such a sweet guy and I felt that he would be happy to take things further and yet he's satisfied with waiting around just being her off-sider. Even Hwa-jung can finally see that he's good for her and that there are sparks there. Was I disappointed... maybe a little because the two had good chemistry but the show chose in the end to make this about Ji-a and Mum rather than Ji-a and In-beom.

I don't know and I can't say for certain but I wonder if this is why the show didn't capture large swathes of audience's imagination. Tropes aside, it's a well-written show and while it maintained its existing audience for the most part, it never soared. 

In the end this was a Jang Na-ra vehicle and while she was terrific in the lead role, it was probably left to her to do all the heavy lifting especially in the final act. I'm all for genuinely strong female leads even ones that are deeply flawed but I felt that the other characters were largely dancing to her tune.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

• 1 year later...