Well I enjoy episode 1. After I watched the long trailer last night I already thought I'll enjoy it and I did!

I hope this thread isn't going to be a ghost thread like Ji Ah's house, LOLLL. The most surprising bit of episode 1 had to be Ji Ah living with her dead Omma and her not being able to send Omma away because she couldn't find a psychic that could take in Omma's spirit. But voila, she may have found uri Oh In Bum because he is that psychic! Hehehe. I now get why the poster was them standing at that stairway. I look forward to seeing In Bum walks up the stair and not be knocked off. This bit I find interesting and wonder why she's rejected the rest of the psychics.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

This bit I find interesting and wonder why she's rejected the rest of the psychics.

Is the omma looking for love matchmaking for her? Maybe she only approved hot abs guy *wink* to @abs-oluteM:eeeee:

I agree with you, the ep 1 already very interesting. I love the setting & decoration of her room. It's full of antique, and it's funny that she just have penchant to collecting all the boots in black colour. Seems when she's not at work, she also quite normal and have hobby of buying online stuff lols. 

I think In Bum have some history that could be connected to her? His dad died from suspicious suspected suicide. And his pendant actually also a bit similar with what she make. 

The CG, the ghosts and the matrix effects all quite well done. It's not overwhelming but quite proportionate. The ghosts are not that scary either. So I can take this drama safely.

It's good also that Jang Nara also challenge herself to take some action scenes and into character with high physical strength. 

And its true that Yong Hwa also already matured up as an actor. I was a bit worried with him at first. But he delivered the comical scenes quite well. 

Looking forward for ep 2. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@SilverMoonTea I do wonder whether there will be romance. There has to be, right? Kekeke.

Yeah his past is intertwined with her mother. Was that the Dad? I thought that was his uncle? Maybe Ji Ah's mother was the exorcist and the samchun was the psychic.

Hahaha yeah the ghosts were not scary. I can take this too although I was prepared to be spooked in that toilet scene. It's all my friend's fault for telling me about a similar scene for Ju-On. I'm glad when the building owner looked down and under the door he wasn't greeted by the ghostly face. I was bracing myself behind the blanket for something like this! Doesn't that make you super scared going to similar public toilet yourself!?

OST by Yong Hwa - I Got Ya

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

@mademoiselleI was prepared for the toilet scenes, but it was not as scary as I thought 😆 So I'm good. 

It will be interested to see how this will turn into romance? Right now she's only interested to have his body lols (literally) 😅

They look good together,

download.jpg

Spoiler

jang-nara3-768x1152.jpg
jung-yong-hwa1-768x1152.jpg
download-1.jpg

I saw the chart in Naver, @stroppyseany idea if got love line here?

download-4.jpg

Looking forward for the stair scenes too! 

download-2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Hurray! They will work together.... in the next episode. Dang it! Have to wait another week. At least we got the stairs scene I want and as expected he truly is the chosen one although I don't understand why he was "rejected". It did cross my mind that could it be this easy to send mum away and voila, it didn't happen.

We got to see two sides of the perspectives from the past - Ji Ah's and In Bum's. I'm now really curious - who killed who? I think Ji Ah's memory might be more accurate because she can see the evil spirit whereas In Bum can only see the possessed person killing his uncle.

Honestly I thought I'm watching Hong Sister's work. It's quite similar, don't you think (to Master's Sun and Hotel Del Luna)?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Honestly I thought I'm watching Hong Sister's work. It's quite similar, don't you think (to Master's Sun and Hotel Del Luna)?

I think the ghost's make up artist for sure is the same 😂 

It's interesting that when the ghosts leave, they also left their habits to the psychic. 

"It will be headache if she get us" LOLS. Wow she really working hard on chasing In Bum's car. 

"How do you keep scamming a fraud?" :laugh:I think there maybe romance in the making, its the famous I save you, let's fall together scene launched already lols. 

@JenLI think you might like this. 

• Haha 6

Loving the first two episodes!! Jang NaRa is awesome in this drama. I really love her styling and character set up. YH turned out to be very watchable too. Quite different from before, I would say. More relaxed and into his role. This one is a keeper. I love the story telling and plot progression/development.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

Oh yay we have @ktcjdrama joining us! I find it entertaining. Not too intense. Not too light. Just right for now.

@SilverMoonTea True. I was a bit unsure about the painting and at the time I was close to the screen so was a bit concern how they will present the ghostly bit. But all is well, I wasn't too spooked. LOL. @abs-oluteM definitely can take on this one.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Hello! I got over my name change bias and I'm here! @SilverMoonTea was right. This is also my cup of tea. I enjoyed the first 2 episodes much more than I thought I would.

Episodes 1&2

-Yay for non-scary scary dramas! I'm not sure if I've just gotten better with Korean ghost in dramas or this is just super light for ghost SFX. Either way, I didn't find myself too scared, though I still cover in case of jump scares. :idk: I find the ghosts in this one less scary than Hotel Del Luna, more scary than The Devil Punisher so it's a good in-between!

- My favourite thing about non-scary scary ghost stories is that they'll always look at the best and worse of humanity and usually have sad, bittersweet stories about how to live and regrets. I liked the story about the two guys who died at the building - that coward guy was so evil, but it was sad for the one who wanted to try again. :letalQQ: 

- I enjoyed the art gallery scene too, though it's put evil thoughts in my head about haunted paintings :psweatduck:

- I'm loving the gothic feel of the real Estate agent/ house/ Jung Nara's character. But also loving the no-nonsense way the real estate deals with ghosts. Like they're almost bored of them and everything is very business transactional :laugh: Also hilarious is the way she fights with her mum about her clothes - but her mum is like a scary looking ghost.

- I've been charmed again by JYH. I went through an intense fangirling of CNBlue in my youth. And then I got over them...but every time I watch a JYH drama, I get charmed by him all over again. And in his older age, I find he has a fitting face for con-artist :laugh: (Were you charmed by his abs @abs-oluteM?)

- Jung Nara is so cool and badass in this drama. I can't believe she's 40...she looks like she's 20-something :shocked2: Anyway, I like that the misunderstanding is there for romance, since OIB's character is the humorously mildly narcissistic type and it made me laugh when the friend was like, "She's asking you to her house, she's into you" - I think this one will have some form of romance. It might be the light, implied kind where it's shown but they don't fully admit...though 15 episodes is a lot to fill and they'll probably want to "heal" the characters so...:smug:

-Looking forward the mystery being unravelled with whose mum/uncle was the victim. I'm so confused. Maybe more than one ghost was involved? Both kids can't have been there and not remembered the other, right? :thinking:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

5 minutes ago, JenL said:

(Were you charmed by his abs @abs-oluteM?)

ahahahah....I always thought he was good looking especially when I was watching some clips of his previous drama The Package. And here when fan service is served on a platter, how can I not take a bite. :MewWave:  

@mademoiselle @SilverMoonTea I did not let the picture go to waste....

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

7 hours ago, JenL said:

"She's asking you to her house, she's into you" - I think this one will have some form of romance. 

Once he stepped in the room I was rofl, she just quickly & efficiently set a circle of salts 😅. She definitely need him, also to raise her body temperature. And now he seems very eager to know her more for his uncle. Good setup for romance. Not sure if it will become full blown like Master Sun or not. In any case, I'm fine with it. 

I also think they humanized the ghosts a bit and not making them too scary. As they want us to symphatized with their background story. It's quite similar with Master Sun. HDL also use same plotline, but I'm not that moved somehow. I found HDL ghost's story less interesting. 

OIB & HIA's background story could be a little bit more complicated? Her mother become ghost for 20 years, it must have a deep huge resentment to be able to stay that long? Or in other way, she's lingering to protect HIA? 

I didn't know you love JYH, I think you often charmed by singer musician and actor as a package? Haha... I'm going to watch variety Problematic Child in the House ep 125 cos JNR and JYH appear as guests.

Oh @Ameeraclick the bait here lols... I'm catching another fish @abs-oluteM🤣 Btw @liddi, I remember you like Master's Sun a lot. This have bit similarity and quite charming maybe you're interested to try it 🥰

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Ep 125

Problem Child in The House is variety show with quiz format. I found this very enjoyable. 

There is some quiz related to this show. Which is : what association approved by Vatican in Italy that have around 400 member but causing commotion? 

Both JNR x JYH know the answer correctly. It's exorcism lols. 

20210417-092653.jpg

I also surprised JYH become famous because he like skiing and his photos go viral because of his handsomeness. 

They also discuss some about marriage, age gap etc. JNR admitted she's a shy person. And I think even JYH looks bright & chatty he also might be introverted. As he said he prefer text messages over phone calls. 

JNR also said YH is good at memorizing script and think he's genius. He don't even need to bring script around and never make mistakes. 

If Daebak rating is a hit, YH said they will consider coming to this show again. And NR said she was nervous before coming to the show, but find it very fun. 

@JenLMy verdict JYH quite cute! I always thought he's very shy in interview, but he talks & laugh a lot in this variety ❤

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Okay gals... @mademoiselle @SilverMoonTea  @ktcjdrama @JenL this oppa here pass with flying colours...:1000:

1st episode was so fun. Fan service is one thing - it's true that I don't always bite - but I think handsome JYH is doing good here and I love the fact that he's a con. :pandacool:. He definitely has chemie with Jang Nara. I am not a fan of noona romance because my shallow self need matching visuals. But JNR is ageless and I  love how she is carrying her role here. This is why I always watch all her shows in spite of me cursing sometimes when the drama goes south plot wise. 

Okay so why is mum staying on - they usually do if their soul is not at peace. Or was it because she couldn't find a psychic strong enough to host her soul. Could In Bum be the answer?

Will watch eps 2 later. 

13 hours ago, Ameera said:

I think find my bait to make me intriguing about this drama :yee:

helllo dear....yes , this bait hooked me in!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: -