Hmm... I have very little to say for the last episode. I also kind of don't remember much of it now, having seen Law School and then Mouse just now.

Ji Ah said young In Bum was possessed by Egg Spirit. But when her mother was possessed, she wasn't possessed by the Egg Spirit. The unrested/evil spirit had a face.

img.gif

They look great together, lol.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1
On 5/3/2021 at 2:17 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

@mademoisellelove all their hand holding. Like @Chocolatesaid, the drama give excuses for a lot of this warming up the other party lols.

Hahaha I totally agree with you and @Chocolate - a lot of handholding is happening and I for one welcome it allll  :wow:

On 5/4/2021 at 1:34 PM, NiteWalker said:

like wise....i really like the way the ghost stories unfold, somehow they stood alone and some how they are all tied together still....i love they unfold each story...

they stood alone when each ghost have their own death stories however it is tied together somehow to the one person behind all their ill ending

The ghost stories are so sad and often times it looks at evil human emotions like greed, jealous, hate...but it also shows the side of human nature that are pure, good, full of redemption and sorrow as well. I have to say these ghost stories are pretty well written - I find them oddly more 'realistic' (or maybe a better study of human nature) than Hotel Del Luna which I also liked, but just in a different way :heart:

On 5/6/2021 at 6:56 PM, mademoiselle said:

The first thing that came to my mind is... you had better not drop it after saying this :laugh:

Hahaha This is so true...she always drops it right after the big declaration of love so I'm wary :lettalKWA:

On 5/6/2021 at 7:54 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Now , I am wondering why JiA's friend - Joo is hiding the 1979 book of exorcisms. JA says it was her grandma's records. Joo also didn't let JiA know that In Bum's uncle was the one that "killed" JA's mum. And Joo herself seems to have some skeleton in the closet. I wonder what the cop guy meant by she killed her own kids ( abortion??) . I doubt Joo wants to harm Ji A - she is likely trying to protect Ji A from knowing the truth. Especially since the theme of last night was about how the truth may actually be a lot more painful.

Yeah I can't tell if she's suss - I mean she looks like she's hiding something with not telling about OIB being the kid she saw in her visit. But HJA and the cop know that she "killed" her kids....Hmm, if it was abortion, why was she in a police station? Was abortion illegal in Korea at the time? :thinking: So really don't know what to think about her :idk:

I didn't know they did a KBS radio interview for this show :wow: Are there subs??

On 5/6/2021 at 10:48 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

@abs-oluteM@mademoiselle

It's so kind of In Beom to give his necklace to the boy who easily get possesed. And it's so funny when she nag at him for being too brave. She's quite funny & sarcastic when saying the problem normally will get solved if the boy get girlfriend. I think she hinted thats why In Beom still not cured :laugh:How witty! 

Hahaha that's coz she wants him to make her his girlfriend :smug: Smoooothhhh

On 5/7/2021 at 9:50 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

@abs-oluteMI guess it did improved a bit. He gave her such pretty macarons which he queue for it and was thinking of her while buying? Not bad In Beom 😆

Smart guy...he knows the way to a girl's heart is through her stomach :smug:

Especially HJA!

10 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Ji Ah said young In Bum was possessed by Egg Spirit. But when her mother was possessed, she wasn't possessed by the Egg Spirit. The unrested/evil spirit had a face.

I was scared by the damn Egg Ghosts!!!! :lettalKWA::psweatduck::letalQQ: I don't like it when things that are meant to have faces do not have faces!!!!

Also totally agree...They are hot together. LOL :BulbaOWO::hearties:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

10 hours ago, JenL said:

The ghost stories are so sad and often times it looks at evil human emotions like greed, jealous, hate...but it also shows the side of human nature that are pure, good, full of redemption and sorrow as well. I have to say these ghost stories are pretty well written - I find them oddly more 'realistic' (or maybe a better study of human nature) than Hotel Del Luna which I also liked, but just in a different way :heart:

yes...i think the one that hit the baddest was the two person who died from falling down the building and classified as suicide due to being scam....

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Episode 6

-I'm keeping up to date on watching but so busy lately that summaries are hard! :psweatduck: 

- I love that OIB rescued HJA from the clutches of angry spa ghost and HJA couldn't help but clutch hug onto him :heart: She never really shows her vulnerabilities but she does around him. 

-I was suss about Secretary Joo already when her face subtly changed when HJA told her about remembering there was another child when her mum died...But another interesting thing is HJA questioning why she didn't remember that for 20 years and finally thinking about how there are many weird bits of memory to do with her mum's death...I wonder if Secretary Joo somehow tampered with her memories? :thinking: Also if the death of her own children have something to do with what happened when HJA's mum died.

- I totally get the vengeful ghost in Episode 6 because she tried so hard to make the neighbourhood good not only for her bakery but for everyone else...but all the neighbours were so nasty and the landlord stealing her bakery was so uncalled for....And then his wife kills her?! Damn, this neighbourhood is just evil af

:pandarage2::pandarage2::pandarage2:

-Their banter was so cute when OIB pretended not to hear her and she thanked him...ehhh, their expressions and the things they say are so funnn :wow:

-I like how OIB started as a fraud, but really he's so soft every time he sees injustice and just has to fix it. Also I like that HJA is actually soft but has been jaded after years of bad experiences with people - Also I like that past HJA was actually the opposite of her now...in all that pink she looks like Reese Witherspoon in legally blonde! :laugh:

-I liked how badass HJA was for breaking down the wall and staging the ghost to get the murderer to confess and to find the body...although they didn't really explain how she staged the ghost :idk:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Episodes 7-8

-Interesting how OIB's uncle possessed him! It was lucky he was a good fighter...but then again, I suppose he's vengeful and the person who captured them was the person he wanted to get revenge against. :lenny:

-Do you all think the cop and Secretary Joo have some deeper background together? :shocked:It's funny how he thinks all of them have teamed up as scammers...I guess it would look like that if there was a haunted real estate agency.

-I wonder what the first responder to HJA's mother's death scene saw - he looked shocked or horrified in the death scene so his words are obviously lies :thinking: And in terms of OIB's uncle, it's really sad that he was used to sign off responsibility for the arson and then it sounds like he never got the apartment.

-The ghost story with the old father who killed himself as he didn't want to be a burden to his children was so sad. I mean I felt really annoyed by the brother who messed up everyone's life :mad: Sure he felt sorry for his sister, but he actually caused her great stress from being irresponsible and then almost killing his father and then actually (indirectly) being the one who causes the father to disappear, hence breaking his sister's heart. I mean it makes sense in the story for them to forgive each other and have each other, but he was a pretty shitty person when he was young :pandarage2:

-Still it was fun to watch HJA sass OIB about how ghost possess him because he never had a girlfriend...haha she's almost challenging him to take her on :smug::cool: The romance to this hasn't really taken off so much yet...I think they both subconsciously interested in each other and they have the physical body chemistry, but they haven't really thought about how much they really like each other,,, :lenny:

-The egg ghosts scared me so so much :lettalKWA::lettalKWA::lettalKWA: But on the other hand, I thought a child ghost story would be really freaky and it wasn't...in fact, she was rather sweet and just wanted to apologise to her mother for not listening to her :letalQQ::letalQQ::letalQQ:

- The cop seems to have worked out that the construction company is evil and that they probably killed the OIB's uncle using HJA's mum...but they don't know how. And Secretary Joo (although she looks suspicious) is friends with the first responder and they seem to know what happened, so it looks like they are maybe keeping the truth from HJA and OIB so they don't hurt themselves and each other? But does she have some deal with the construction people too? :thinking: As for the huge confrontation at the end of the episode, it seems like HJA is just lashing out from shock and because the coincidence is too much for her. But I hope they make up soon because they were getting closer and closer...and now they're fighting :psweatduck: But I guess at least the secret is out in the open and they can now work together instead of accidentally working against each other. 

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Daebak!

Daebak Real Estate that is.

Hong Ji Ah (Jang Nara) and Oh In Beom (Jung Yong Hwa) deal with the supernatural who have scores to settle and thus keep haunting places where people want to live. It's a fun and interesting ride, as much for the bickering relationship between HJA and OIB as for their clearing out of ghosts.

We're celebrating this drama with an event! Points for posting will be awarded after the event, and a new OIB badge has been added to the Member Shop to buy with your points.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2
On 5/3/2021 at 10:01 PM, JenL said:

- Also that scene where HJA takes out a knife and cut that painting down gave me a real heart attack...as @Jane knows, I like my art and couldn't believe it was being destroyed :lettalKWA: But then it was all for the good cause of revealing the truth...are you watching this one Jane? There's an art gallery story arc. 

-Man that fraud painter guy was totally evil. I can't believe he not only forced someone to be his ghost painter and treated him with no respect, but also murdered him in cold blood because he wanted to steal all his paintings

OMG WHAT. THAT WOULD TAKE MANY YEARS OFF MY LIFE. I am not even watching this and I am already screaming! I am not planning to watch so spoil me with the arc!

• Haha 6

22 hours ago, Jane said:

OMG WHAT. THAT WOULD TAKE MANY YEARS OFF MY LIFE. I am not even watching this and I am already screaming! I am not planning to watch so spoil me with the arc!

Hahaha I thought you would feel the same!! :laugh:

Basically there's a pretentious painter who takes credit for some poor artists' works and steals all his paintings (including a self portrait which he covers with his own portrait) after he murders the poor artist. The ghost of the poor artist haunts the painting and the main character (who is an exorcist) cuts off the fake artist's painting to real the true artists' self portrait hidden below....

So destroying art all for a good cause, but....my art-appreciating self nearly died when that happened!!!  The anxiety was so deep! :lettalKWA:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 5/7/2021 at 7:50 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

This macaron is so not her style tbh, maybe she will be more happy to be given fried chicken 

Also, there is too little of it. She needs cartons!

This is my brain relief show lol, sandwiched with Mouse and Law School. One of my friend is watching and I told her it is entertaining but brainless - she was so offended 😆

• Haha 5
27 minutes ago, JenL said:

So destroying art all for a good cause, but....my art-appreciating self nearly died when that happened!!!  The anxiety was so deep! 

Curious. Even if the art is the kind you don't know how to appreciate, would you still get the same anxiety?

Spoiler

Many years ago, my uncle showed us small canvases of his art works. To us, it's just a couple of canvas painted in black in different directions. We all didn't appreciate the "art". LOL. Would destroying something like that trouble you? xD

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, JenL said:

Basically there's a pretentious painter who takes credit for some poor artists' works and steals all his paintings (including a self portrait which he covers with his own portrait) after he murders the poor artist. The ghost of the poor artist haunts the painting and the main character (who is an exorcist) cuts off the fake artist's painting to real the true artists' self portrait hidden below....

So destroying art all for a good cause, but....my art-appreciating self nearly died when that happened!!!  The anxiety was so deep!

Noooo, they should have gotten a conservator to strip off the top layer of paint!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, JenL said:

Actually, I believe the painting that covered the other painting is still work by the same original artist. The one underneath (covered) is a front view portrait of his face, while the one on top (covering and then cut) is only a back view of his head. The fake artist didn’t know about it and was shocked and caught off guard to see the revelation. Real artist like trying to tell the world that “there is me, the true artist, buried under”. Fake artist basically bought off all his hard works and claimed them as his own. He never made his own paintings. At least that’s what I understood for this ghost’s case. I could be wrong though. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

I started this because of the good press it seemed to be getting here and elsewhere. I don't think I've seen anything with Jang Na-ra since Hello Monster (I actually forgot that she was in that!) but everyone seems to be raving on about her role here and my curiosity was piqued. Jang Na-ra seems also to have found the elixir to eternal youth.

To be honest I wasn't that impressed with the first episode but the end of the episode took a turn for the better.  The show does get progressively more interesting especially now that the leads are working together. It wouldn't be a K drama if they didn't have some kind of shared childhood. ;)

As far as it is show about releasing wandering and restless ghosts, it does nothing new. This is one in a long line that includes A Korean Odyssey and Mystic Pop-up Bar. In fact, in Korean Odyssey, the female lead, similarly gifted, was also buying and selling haunted real estate. Still the individual cases handled by Daebak Realty are not bad especially the one about the artist. That one was a standout in terms of its complexity and memorability. 

What's grabbed my interest surprisingly is the relationship between Ji-ah and In-beom. I imagine that there's a romance in the offing. I wasn't that taken with his character initially and I'm not exactly a fan of Yong-hwa (although he's improved a lot) but now that he's her admiring sidekick, my curiosity is piqued. The two of them are obviously set up as a Yin-Yang couple. His personality and energy complements hers. She is the yin -- cold, indifferent, embittered -- the black/dark side. Her home, her apparel or reflect that. He is the yang --  the happy-go-lucky, mischievous optimist who absorbs the spirits and now has an incurable urge to fix things after each encounter. They are obviously meant to balance each other out. He is psychic like no other and is gifted especially to share her burden. To be... no pun intended... her other half. I guess this takes a leaf out of the Master's Sun to some degree.

Of course the show is rather mean and is determined to create some kind of obstacle between them before they can fulfil their potential as a ghostbusting team and couple. The fact that they stress his virginity suggest to me the possibility at some kind of consummation down the track. When the yin and the yang come together in every way, one can expect a certain outcome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

26 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Of course the show is rather mean and is determined to create some kind of obstacle between them before they can fulfil their potential as a ghostbusting team and couple. The fact that they stress his virginity suggest to me the possibility at some kind of consummation down the track. When the yin and the yang come together in every way, one can expect a certain outcome.

I think he need to stay virgin if want to continue in ghost buster line work. Unless he change the profession 😆 But yeah who knows maybe Ji Ah really is special and this will work differently with her. 

The hint for romance is there but also felt like non-existent. So really want to know how the writer can bring them up into couple? Or maybe won't? Either way I'm fine, well maybe will be a bit salty if no romance at all 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I think he need to stay virgin if want to continue in ghost buster line work. Unless he change the profession 😆 But yeah who knows maybe Ji Ah really is special and this will work differently with her. 

The hint for romance is there but also felt like non-existent. So really want to know how the writer can bring them up into couple? Or maybe won't? Either way I'm fine, well maybe will be a bit salty if no romance at all 😁

I can't see why there wouldn't be a romance when there's so much pointing in that direction. It feels to me that the foundations are there.

This will be one show that I'm watching primarily for the pair dynamics. It's not like me, I know. Not at all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

This will be one show that I'm watching primarily for the pair dynamics. It's not like me, I know. Not at all.

LOL...yes I didn't expect you to be watching this. 

I like Jang Nara , so have seen a number ( thought not all ) of her shows. But this is my first time seeing  Jung Yung Hwa who plays Im Bum. I cannot tell if he is better than before but I just feel like he is pretty natural in this role . It is their interactions that is a draw for me here. I am usually not a fan of this sort of supernatural shows but if I put the exorcism aside, it somewhat  feels like a crime procedural of sorts. 

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

On 5/11/2021 at 11:16 PM, mademoiselle said:

Curious. Even if the art is the kind you don't know how to appreciate, would you still get the same anxiety?

Reveal hidden contents

Many years ago, my uncle showed us small canvases of his art works. To us, it's just a couple of canvas painted in black in different directions. We all didn't appreciate the "art". LOL. Would destroying something like that trouble you? xD

Hahaha, I would, mainly because I spent a lot of my life trying to protect art so it's tied to my sense of responsibility....:MewHi:

But art is interesting. Sometimes I don't necessarily like something at first but the more I see it, the more I learn to like it too....but it is true that there are some art pieces that are really not my taste...I recently discovered an artist who makes animal human hybrid sculptures and it is really grotesque. But if someone was trying to destroy them, I would still get super anxious :psweatduck:

22 hours ago, Jane said:

Noooo, they should have gotten a conservator to strip off the top layer of paint!

Yes Amen to this! @Jane knows her stuff! :yayaya::1000:

20 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Actually, I believe the painting that covered the other painting is still work by the same original artist. The one underneath (covered) is a front view portrait of his face, while the one on top (covering and then cut) is only a back view of his head. The fake artist didn’t know about it and was shocked and caught off guard to see the revelation. Real artist like trying to tell the world that “there is me, the true artist, buried under”. Fake artist basically bought off all his hard works and claimed them as his own. He never made his own paintings. At least that’s what I understood for this ghost’s case. I could be wrong though. 

This is a more accurate description of that episode for sure, haha! I might have also confused you when I said 'his own portrait' - I meant 'a portrait painted of him (the fake artist)' as opposed to a painting he did since it was implied in the episode that he had no painting talent whatsoever which is why he panicked and killed the poor ghost painter. My bad, couldn't think of how to phrase it when typing! :idk:

• Like 5

20 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Naaahhh, your interpretation is spot on. It was, in a way, a form of rebellion from the real artist.

14 minutes ago, JenL said:

I recently discovered an artist who makes animal human hybrid sculptures and it is really grotesque.

I think I know what kind you mean.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Hahaha, but remember he is a special psychic...he's the only one who could get up the stairs. Maybe he's the only one who can still work even after he loses his virginity? :smug:

5 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I can't see why there wouldn't be a romance when there's so much pointing in that direction. It feels to me that the foundations are there.

It's weird, but I kind of like these type of teaser romances...where the chemistry is clearly there, but they don't serve it to you straight...at least not right away. It's a massive tease if they never shift it into a clear romance and leave it implied (which has happened in the past with other dramas before!) ...But I feel like this one seems to show that OIB and HJA are already changing each other for the better, so like @40somethingahjumma says it seems like they're setting it up for a romance which might be slow and then escalate really suddenly...But we'll wait and see :thinking:

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

But this is my first time seeing  Jung Yung Hwa who plays Im Bum. I cannot tell if he is better than before but I just feel like he is pretty natural in this role

Wow can't believe it's your first time watching JYH! I think he's always been a fairly natural  actor. I've never seen him play a villain or anything different from a romantic lead/second lead, but in terms of different romantic leads, he's always given a believable and charismatic portrayal of his characters 

But then again my opinion might be biased because he used to be my main Oppa  :laugh:

Edited by JenL
  • Haha 6