Bulgasal: Immortal Souls 불가살 [2021 - 2022]

13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Surely some really old and powerful bloodline of Shaman

That powerful Shaman is named Si Ho. :lmao2:

Like it's been pointed out, it's interesting that they have not made use of her powers. Sang Un said at one point she wanted to figure it out on her own, but she hasn't made much effort. 

@goemul I think that's a plausible assumption that Hwal was originally a Bulgasal, he became a human by taking Eul Tae's Soul, and when Lady Bulgasal tried to end it, it started a new cycle. 

I don't think romance is necessary either but if there had to be one, I would like it to be between Hwal and Si Ho like @Rina said. I'm all for Hwal and Si Ho clearing up the misunderstandings from their past life and moving on together with their son. BUT if we go with the theories @goemul read about then, there's a possibility that Hwal and Lady Bulgasal had a relationship before Hwal did with Si Ho. Therefore, the drama should just focus on these people as a family, no romance. 

16 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

If I just fast forward to when Lee Joon's character shows up, will the story still make sense?

Eul Tae drives the plot so yeah, I think it'll be easy to follow. If you're confused, just ask questions. But be warned, we might, also, still be confused. :laugh:

This is cute, they take good care of each other BTS. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, Tofu said:

What kind of twist will we find in episode 11?! I remember the cast talked about there being "surprises after surprises" in the drama. Are they going to tell us that Hwal and Eul Tae were brothers 1000 years ago? :lmao2:

Idk but hopefully one that's actually shocking lol, still waiting for at least one twist that will majorly surprise me. I just want them to reveal the damn backstory already, I'll take anything :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I guess for the rest of the drama there will probably be more emphasis on the romance. Sang Un indirectly confessed her love for Hwal at the end of today's episode and it seems like tomorrow will focus on that too. 

I don't think this drama should be romance driven, but maybe need something to propel it along, so I guess they will be doing that -- as if they don't already have many things to still clarify. :pandahehe:

The twist that's not really a twist in this episode is that Hwal asked Eul Tae 1000 years ago to turn him into a Bulgasal. I thought Eul Tae was a human 1000 years ago? How did he become the Bulgasal he is today? Does that make Hwal the male Bulgasal from before? Bulgasals come in pairs which confirms two can coexist and the only way to kill them is if they kill each other. 

And I'm happy Do Yoon is alive and liked seeing the affection Hwal gave him that he couldn't before. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Hahaha, I know! Can people just stop cutting off Eul Tae and have him tell us what happened 1000 years ago?! :GengarPout:

Exactly, idc if it's going to be half truths just give me something , lwhy wouldn't you let him tell you why he killed your family, like jesus Hwal really annoyed me in that scene.

Eultae and Siho being the only ones that give us some plot exposition and yet have so little screen time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@goemul I'm surprised Si Ho did not go further back into Sang Un's memories. I thought their memory scene was so she can read what happened 600 years ago and also 1000 years ago. I wonder when they are going to reveal that in her past life she was Hwal's wife and Do Yoon was her child? Seems a little cumbersome to keep it hidden. 

Random, but I thought Eul Tae was going to trip in this scene, LOL! :lmao2:

• Like 2

@TofuI was like yes finally some good Barbie Girling food when they had Siho finally look into her past and then once again we only got the bare minimum of information lol, why did Sangun only want to know about Hwayeon why not go back all the way? She makes no sense. She is just fine with knowing "let both bulgasal kill each other"? Yeah sure great that makes you so much wiser...not.

I'm still waiting for it too, I was happy when Hoyoel almost revealed it lol. But seriously is no one questioning Hwal's behaviour? Especially towards Siho? And why is Siho the one being most uncomfortable with him when he literally treates her the best compared to everyone else lol it also makes no sense what they made her say when she said in a previous episode that she doesn't think he is a monster. Aghh so much I have to complain about regarding the writing...

That trip was so cute lol and the way he played it off.

Edited by goemul
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hwal has a trim!

That is not enough. He needs another trim. Hahaha!

Ahh!! Why do they keep stopping Eul Tae from telling us what happened 1000 years ago? Who cares if he's lying. We already know Hwal and Sang Un are the original Bulgasal. We want to know what happened and how did Eul Tae end up being one. In which, he said he is half-Bulgasal -- is that his way of saying he's not originally one or did the drama throw another "twist"? 

Edit -- 

Just finished the episode, Sang Un is getting back her memories from when she was Lady Bulgasal. 

In her memories, Hwal was the person behind all the ruthless killing so Lady Bulgasal sought to kill/curse him. I think that's when he swap with Eul Tae and probably asked that Eul Tae returned him to a Bulgasal years later. 

By the way, can these people have a conversation without stabbing each other every time? :PikachuFacePalm:

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

Ahh!! Why do they keep stopping Eul Tae from telling us what happened 1000 years ago? Who cares if he's lying. We already know Hwal and Sang Un are the original Bulgasal.

That part where he said I don't care got me so mad, for gods sake Hwal let him talk I want to hear :PiplupCry:

• Haha 3