Bulgasal: Immortal Souls 불가살 [2021 - 2022]

1 minute ago, mademoiselle said:

and what's going on with Eul Tae's hair

They said oh no we made the villain too hot and compelling that people seem to care more about him than the leads, let's tone it down a bit. 

Seriously tho why is Lee Joon getting so little screen time as the second lead, it's a tragedy because he is the only one who gets to act his ass off with the stuff he is given.

• Like 2

Oops... totally got side-tracked after watching the latest episode. The truth is still hazy and obviously the show is dragging this out for the big reveal and I'm a sucker to admit I still really want to know so I'm sticking through. LOLLLL.

The clues or puzzles...

• Eul Tae being "half" Bulgasal - meaning he's not real Bulgasal because he was human...? And Hwal who thought he's a human but really he's the original Bulgasal...? But Sang Woon's memory at the end seems to hint she was a human before...? And Hwal may have killed her family...???

• Hwal one-sidedly loved Lady Bulgasal

• Does Sang Woon (or The Soul) has power of her own? It seems so since whenever she's in danger she loses her conscious and was able to protect herself.

The stalking behind the painting and Eul Tae begging for Hwal to believe him make no sense to me. Eul Tae had 600 years to earn Hwal's trust but he did absolutely nothing and just "spy" on him. Why? He has 600 years to brainwash Hwal against Sang Woon + her reincarnate.

Anyway, I thought it was funny that only a few minutes ago Hwal and Sang Woon were talking about how their current memories of each other matter more to them than their past and then Sang Woon remembers flashes of the past and stabs him :lmao2: LMAO... but I'm still going to trust that in the end they will hold onto their current memory and let the past go. LOL LOL

• Like 2
6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

The stalking behind the painting and Eul Tae begging for Hwal to believe him make no sense to me. Eul Tae had 600 years to earn Hwal's trust but he did absolutely nothing and just "spy" on him. Why? He has 600 years to brainwash Hwal against Sang Woon + her reincarnate

Honestly what even was the point of that spy board, I thought it was going to give us some major clue I feel like it added nothing but maybe I was just zoning out because I'm starting to get real tired of this show lol.

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Does Sang Woon (or The Soul) has power of her own? It seems so since whenever she's in danger she loses her conscious and was able to protect herself.

Yeah she gets some kind of power boost (and conveniently always when Hwal isn't there to save her), there was this flash back in ep 3 before we saw the monster all beat up, I was hoping they were going to get more to it but like everything else they drag out that part too.

Hwal and Sangun are the original Bulgasal, looks like Hwal went on a murder rampage and a fight between him and Sangun broke out cue the part where we see bulgalady stab Hwal in the hand which is later the scar he is reborn with, his curse, Hwal badly wounded sitting at a tree "k-i-l-l-i-n-g" Eultae and taking his soul, Eultae gets his dark hole and turns to bulgasal, Hwal turns human, does he die at the spot? Unclear but what I'm curious about are the 400 years between the 1000 and 600 years ago, what happened during those times? Was Hwal reborn as always cursed? And why does he not remember his past lifes like Sangun did, maybe he was born as twins too at some point where one had the memories and the other didn't and that's how his reincarnation cycle continued, without memories.

Edited by goemul
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

I honestly think they've run out of materials and the only thing left is to tell us what happened 1000 years ago. Except, they refuse to tell us because if they did, that would be the end of the drama. :pandapopcorn:

Yeah. Now it just becomes repetitive. Is it going to take everyone to be dead for one of them to remember the past? I didn't expect the Shaman ahjumma to die.

This episode she said when the soul returns to its master, it will be the end of dark hole. Who the heck is the owner of the soul? Hwal? Eul Tae?

• Like 1

The Soul belongs to Eul Tae! Hwal took his soul so he can be reborn a human. He asked Eul Tae to find him later (he will be reborn with a scar on his hand) and turn him back to a Bulgasal. When Lady Bulgasal tried to kill Hwal, the curse happened for a second time. 

Now...on to finish the rest of this episode. Haha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Episode 14 was so much better, it was pretty good actually, after a long time I felt excited again.

Eultae not having actually lied? Did he not want to give up on immortality and made Sangun be the one to turn Hwal into bulgasal to keep his promise? Were they actually friends? And Hwal being the one that "cursed" himself wow did not see that coming. 

And they didn't force so many moments between Hwal und Sangun down my throat which is always a bonus. :idk:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hahaha I was still bored with episode 14 so I joined the FF bandwagon :psweatduck:

I saw a comment on Weibo and I think this person may have the right answer. Hwal took Eul Tae's soul to save Lady Bulgasal because he was deeply injured and was dying. If he dies, she dies too so to keep her alive, he made Eul Tae a Bulgasal and told Eul Tae to make him a Bulgasal again when he reincarnated. He cursed himself so that Eul Tae could find him. However Eul Tae now want to destroy the soul completely and that goes against what was originally promised/planned.

I think this person's speculation makes a lot of sense.

• Like 2