Our Beloved Summer 그 해 우리는 [2021-2022]

Watched the first episode and I like it so far. They started dating after the documentary and were together for five years before breaking up. They meet again after five years because she needs him for her project at work. 

When CW said that he wants to live a peaceful and quiet life, he was speaking to me on so many levels. :lmao2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Very cute first episode. I dig Choi Woo Shik as Choi Ung. I find his talent as an artist really attractive. I wonder why he keeps his work hidden. I must say...Kim Da Mi is perfect as Kook Yeon Su. LOL. Should be enjoyable to watch these two polar opposites.

I didn't know Lee Joon Hyuk would have a cameo. :wow: Is it extended? Looks like he'll also appear in ep 2. He's handsome as ever!

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Episode 1

Lovely beginning and introduction to the OTP. Just not sure if the story is rich enough to sustain 16 episodes and keep it captivating.

I do like Choi Woong's modern house. Hey @SilverMoonTea you should check his house out. I just need to see his kitchen and bathroom next. Hahaha.

So based on the narration, they dated after the documentary for 5 years. During the 5 years, he wasn't successful and sounds like he wasn't making an effort to do better and only after breaking up, he draws like crazy to succeed. This sudden change must be triggered by Yeon Soo. 

Even though I don't know the reason why he wants to stay secretive, I do think it may have been due to the documentary and his nature of being an introvert and thus doesn't enjoy being in the center of attention. Plus it is not a nice feeling to have all eyes on you and not to mention people remember him as the guy who came last in place.

Haha @abs-oluteM Lee Joon Hyuk's role here reminds me of Dr. Ye! I've a colleague who always cut people off too!

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Haha @abs-oluteM Lee Joon Hyuk's role here reminds me of Dr. Ye! I've a colleague who always cut people off too!

I thought I would wait for TKA to end before starting but since I read LJH had such a big and extended cameo, I clicked onto this. His scenes with her were so funny , and definitely had interesting chemistry. Too bad it is a guest role. Miss seeing LJH in a romance.

That said, I had a blast watching the 1st episode. It was engaging  and I like the way they tell us the story. Moving between scenes between past and present was done seamlessly. And I thought it very cute that the documentary of their high school years were now being shown on YT have become a hit. 

Yeon Soo and Choi Wong are complete opposites . Yeon Woo is an overachiever with a strong personality . Choi Wong is a lot more easy going , and in their school days was the slacker. But of course given his present success , is a late bloomer. I can see why they would end up dating but also can forsee that the relationship would be pretty rocky if both are stubborn and don't want to compromise. 

Anyway, it looks like we will be getting plenty of flashbacks to what happened to them. 

In eps 2...this was in college days. 

2021120721281735649_1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Summary recaps for Eps 2

In 2011, during high school, Yeon-soo asked Choi Woong  "What if I go to college and you drop out?"

Choi Woong said, "You'll get in."  He reassured her by saying, "Me, too," but she said, "If you keep doing this, you'll fail." Choi Woong said, "Then you'll retake the exam near the university. And I will study next to you while packing lunch boxes," he replied.

In response, Yeon-soo asked back, "Do you like me that much?" and when Choi Woo-woong was silent, Yeon-soo said, "Hey, why aren't you talking?"

--------------------------

Yeon-soo lived with “what if” throughout her love life. Regarding this, she said to herself, "It seems that he likes me a lot, but he doesn't say anything decisively important." On the other hand, Choi Woong said, "I don't know why she keep tormenting me into  thinking about what's going on."

On the 1670th day of dating, Yeon Soo asked, "What if?" "What if we really break up?" Choi Woong was convinced that "we won't break up", and even when he said "we could break up", he said "I won't break up". Yeon Soo again asked, “If I leave you? Then, to the question, "If I come back?", he said, "I will sprinkle water and salt and drive you out. So don't throw me away."

--------------------
2021120721294875684_1.jpg
So in the present, and when Yeon-soo came to his house, Woong Choi sprayed Yeon-soo’s face with a water sprayer.  Yeon-su entered Choi Woong's house and was speculating if  Choi Woong was the artist Go Oh. Yeon-soo, who said that Choi Woong had come to meet the writer Go Oh, not Choi Woong, said, "Try it," with a cheeky attitude, and rejected Yeon-soo's proposal, saying "I just don't like it."

The enraged Yeon-soo said, "Choi Woong has grown up ," but Choi Woong took it lightly, and  Yeon-soo regretted saying , "I didn't come here to be  subjected to such humiliation." Choi Woong asked, "You said you'd never see me again, so why did you come?" and Kook Yeon-soo said, "Who are you, 5 years have passed, and you're still mad?" In response, Choi Woong also said, "Who are you, 5 years have passed and you have become this cool?"

At that moment, NJ (Noh Jeong-eui) came to Choi Woong's house. So Yeon-su  left the house, and Choi Woong sprinkled salt on the way out and said, 'I have solved one bucket list', feeling happy at first . But after awhile, he felt uneasy.

NJ asked Choi Woong  to draw her own building and left. Even with NJ in front of him, Choi Woong could not hide his concern and kept thinking of Yeon-soo.

As soon as Yeon-soo went to work on Monday, she ran into team leader Jang Do-yul (Lee Jun-hyeok). Jang Do-yul asked Yeon-soo, "Are you sure you don't remember?" and Guk Yeon-soo remembered the day he and Jang Do-yul drank. Guk Yeon-su remembered that in her drunk state she  even told Jang Do-yul that he was a sociopath, and was in danger of not being able  to make the project a success.

When Choi Woong realized that the collaboration proposed by Yeon-soo was a building made by an architect he liked, he thought about it and went to the opening event. There, he met Yeon Soo  and D Jang, and the four exchanged greetings.

After they left  Choi Woong,  Yeon-su told Jang  that  it was difficult to contact , the artist Go Oh, but Jang  had already heard about Choi Woong's identity from the drunken Yeon-soo. Jang Do-yul said that he would continue to collaborate with Choi Woong even if he had to change the person in charge.

Yeon Soo and Woong Choi met again in the elevator. The elevator with only the two of them stopped, and Yeon Soo said, "It's been so long, but why are you still so childish? Please listen carefully." Choi Woong said, "You only came to me because you were thinking about working together."

Then, Choi Woong said, "If I wasn't childish and serious? Could you handle it?"  She replied  "What would you have done if you were serious?" The elevator door opened , and Choi Woong fled as if running away.

When NJ did not receive a reply from Choi Woong, so she visited Choi Woong directly. Choi Woong was bewildered by NJ's visit to him and was surprised that she was "a person who is more unique than he thought."

Kim Ji-woong (Kim Seong-cheol) didn't want to do a human documentary with Choi Woong and Guk Yeon-soo, but he saw the original documentary video. Then I changed my mind and decided to do a documentary. And Kim Ji-woong notified Choi Woong of this fact.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@mademoiselle I did not forsaken you with this drama! Work has just been busy so I haven't had time to drop by with my thoughts. 

I, too, wanted there to be something between Lee Jong Hyuk and Yeon Soo. I wished his cameo was longer. At the same time, it would be hard because I adore Choi Woo Shik. Haha!

Those "what ifs" questions were a bit excessive but maybe as smart and confident as Yeon Soo is, she probably has insecurities like everyone else. I love that Choi Woong is basically like, "I go wherever you go". He must have really loved her. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2