Our Beloved Summer 그 해 우리는 [2021-2022]

Ji Woong has always been silently observing their relationship. It must have been difficult for him but at some point you have to let the feelings go too. It's strange to me that after five years he's still very much in love with his best friend's ex-girlfriend -- even after watching his friend hit rock bottom. :idk:

I still don't see much of a purpose for NJ. She's randomly inserted in each episode and each time I'm very confused. I do agreed that episode four developed her character a bit more. 

Can't wait for the episodes this week! =)

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 3

Spoiler recaps for eps 5

On this day's broadcast, Choi Woong found out that he and Noah (Kwak Dong-yeon) were participating in a project for a national training company. In response, Choi Woong said to Guk Yeon-su, "You are the one who ruined me," and left.

But Yeonsu didn't know anything. She immediately asked  the team leader (Lee Jun-hyeok), who was there with me, "What is that? Is Noah is working with me on this project? Didn't I also send proof that it was definitely not plagiarism?"

Jang explained, "What do we need the most right now? That's the issue." Then, Yeonsu rebutted, "This is a clear breach of contract and an act that doesn't respect the artist."

Jang Do-yul said, "'It's rude'... You're exceptionally emotional. Maybe it could be a good opportunity for the two artists  What's the problem?"

Yeonsu Kook said, "You should apologize. This is not a matter of being unable to distinguish between public and private, it is a matter of empathy. Team leader Do-Yul Jang had no respect for art. I hope there will be no surprise events like this again."

She added, "To think that I was said to be the same as team leader Jang Do-yul makes me reflect on my past actions."

------------------------------------

FHC9J5-VEAUA61M?format=jpg&name=medium

Kook Yeon-soo, who came face to face that day, thought, 'Should I apologize first?'

At this time, Choi Woong apologized first by saying, "I'm sorry, I said something useless yesterday, pretend you didn't hear it. I know it’s not your fault,” he said. "So it’s okay,” he added.

Regarding the incident yesterday, Yeon-su said, "I will officially apologize to you." Then Choi Woong said, “I’m going to do a project. Because there's no reason to avoid it. And you can't apologize. Because I have already met the team leader Jang Do-yul (Lee Jun-hyuk),” he replied coldly.

She continued, “What did you say when you guys met? Did you meet and apologize? Didn't it go overboard?"  Yeon-soo, who was pouring out questions, he cut it off and said, "I'll take care of that."

In response to Choi Woong's words and actions in a different atmosphere from before, Kook Yeon-soo repeated, "Why does Choi Woong feel strange today?"

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Continuation of Eps 5 recaps

FHDjes9UUAMZ78K?format=jpg&name=large

Kim Ji-woong (Kim Seong-cheol) remembered his childhood when he first met Choi Woong (Choi Woo-shik). Kim Ji-woong, who was poor when he was in elementary school, became close with Choi Woong, who had a similar name to himself.

Kim Ji-woong said, "Choi Woong shared everything with me as if it was natural. Time, daily life, and even family. Thanks to him, I was able to imitate my life by leaning on other people's lives. He recalled the high school entrance ceremony he fell in love with YS at first sight.

He said, "Isn't it so obvious? She was incredibly pretty. But it wasn't just my eyes. It's like that. There's no problem. I just need to take one step at a time. It seems like I'm not the main character in this life." He said that he had given up his unrequited love for Choi Woong. :nervous:

---------------------------------

(ahahahah , he wants to make her feel the burn here)

23029d80-bb8e-4baa-9e98-50ca79c4111f.jpg

Woong (Choi Woo-shik) and Yeon-su (Kim Da-mi), who were filming a documentary for the first time in 10 years in the bar run by Sol-i (Park Jin-joo), and Sol finds out about their past. 

However, Eun-soo (An Dong-goo), who accompanied him in spite of such efforts, said about Woong's success, "I just saw Yeon-soo  coming to work with Woong first, and I was able to say it all. Who knew it would change like this after you two broke up,” he confessed, and their relationship became known to all present . At this, Yeonsu lamented, “They are making a mess.”

On this day, the documentary crew asked Woong and Yeonsu, “On the video, 10 years have passed and you two are reunited. How do you feel?”

In response, Woong said, "There were a lot of things I forgot as time passed, but it's surprisingly nice to meet her again. Well, as you can see from the video, it’s because we’re not close friends.” He replied, and Yeonsu felt complicated emotions.

------------------------

2021122019200730178_1.jpg

Yeon-soo (Kim Da-mi) visited Choi Woong's (Choi Woo-shik)'s house.

In front of Choi Woong's house, Yeon-soo muttered to Choi Woong, saying, "I'm not trying to interfere, but it's my job to check the final preparations for the upcoming event and also to check on the writer. The company ordered it."

Then Yeon-soo said, "This is jujube tea. You can't sleep when you're sensitive, so the company ordered this too," and handed Choi Woong jujube tea.

Then Choi Woong said, "95 hours. I just filled up 95 hours. I'll draw the rest in front of people." To this, Kook Yeon-soo said, "Really? 

At that time, Choi Woong grabbed Yeon-soo's wrist and asked, "Would you like to go to sleep?", raising curiosity about the next episode.

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Episode 5

• The story about JI-Ung is so sad, but at the same time so beautiful. He got a second family. 
  • Okay @mademoiselle, after seeing YS successfully confronting and scolding Mr.Jang about his behavior, upfront and pretty straight forward, I admit she really is sassy. I loved it how she stood in, defended herself and Choi Ung. Nice scene. 
  • Especially her last two sentences to Mr.Jang were like fire. She completely disarmed and defeated him. And on top, this time she looked down at him. Great move. Okay, she does have sassyness. 
  • YS broke up with him at least 6 times? How the hell did he manage to survive so many break ups in only 5 years?
  • Ji-Ung getting all involved and spilling the truth right in CU's eyes. Very bold move, surprised me a bit to see him like this. 
  • I love how CU & YS best friends are so similiar. Both are such good souls, but they seek attention and talk so bad about the two in front of the camera. It's so funny. 
  • I wonder what NJ's scene is supposed to mean. Is this how she finds out about the documentary and may get involved in all of this? Was she flirting with JU and this is supposed to be another love story? JU is supposed to be with cutter girl though. Her scene was very weird and so far, her role didn't add anything to the drama. The lack of depth in most of her scenes can be a weakness. 
  • Based on the preview though, it seems her plot will begin to start as of now. If she openly approaches him, rumors will spread and it will be all over the media. Could be interesting.
  • The end is very interesting. Yeon Su is the reason why he cannot sleep well anymore, so I think with her by his side or nearby, he should sleep fantastically and catch up on sleep. It was quite nice to see how much YS is struggling with her own feelings. She seemed so nervous. 
  • Epilogue is also quite interesting. Mr. Jang was even more bold than JU and completely explained how CU is feeling about YS. He opened pandora's box. I feel like CU misunderstood parts of his talk though. 
Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

What a beautiful summer in winter! It's kind of a freshly made love story with classic style. I like the idea of the life documentary they used here. Indeed, those who are agreed to film it thought that it isn't just for the benefits or money. It captured all the memories of yours which you can look back in the future. They give that kind of vibe, lingering feelings of those precious moments.The title itself sounds pretty warm and lovely. Our beloved summer. Choi woong and Koo Yeon-Soo chemie are best. Even they're frenemies doesn't mean they hate each other. I really wanna know the reason behind their break-up. All these four episodes seems hiding the real truth of it. CW might not realized it since YS is not telling him directly in detailed. The point is both misunderstand each other. And this is interesting. The documentary they agreed on would be their second chance to revive their love once again or to resolve what hasnt ended between them. And the ost are great. 10 cm is also one of them. Love it!

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

Episode 5

@abs-oluteM you can't have SLS coz Team Leader Jang says he doesn't like Yeon Soo romantically xD but seriously though I thought he's going to admit he does! He's quite perceptive though for already knowing Ji Woong also likes Yeon Soo.

Ok, I really like the backstory of Ji Woong and Woong. I mean, Woong is such a good and kind child. Usually the only child tend to be bratty and doesn't know how to share with another kid because they never had to but Woong is always so giving. I'm thinking it's also probably why Ji Woong keeps his crush on Yeon Soo a secret because of Woong.

@Dhakra so this episode you are on Team Yeon Soo, right? Or you have made up your mind and wouldn't switch team anymore? Hahaha. Told you she has sass. I also notice she becomes extremely sassy when she has to defend Choi Woong. I think in the 5 years they were together, her sass mostly kicks in when defending Woong. And she lost it because she broke up with him LOLOL.

I'm actually a bit confused about how the epilogue conversation between Team Lead Jang and Woong affect Woong's behaviour with Yeon Soo at her friend's restaurant. Has he accepted that he has feelings for Yeon Soo so he's being cautious not to show it or he is trying to pursue Yeon Soo again? I can't quite get my head around it. Thus I'm looking forward to the next episode to find out more. Asking her to stay overnight was a bit random and was he just worked too many hours that he's not himself and why was he crying in his sleep...?

Yeah agree NJ is seriously the most random character with no purpose whatsoever. Is she just place there as a potential love interest to make Yeon Soo jealous/emotional...? I know there's more to her than what she shows. From what we know, she's also a lonely person. Perhaps she has no family as well because she lives alone. She always seems bored and cheery but I find the cheerfulness more of a mask she puts on to hide her loneliness. The show just needs to explore at this direction because Woong seems to be a lonely person and they could somehow connect from this angle...

Looking forward to this scene because Woong looks so good again. @Tofu Woo Sik's acting feels different than what I've seen him before. He's always giving off a very boyish + young + cheeky impression but in this drama, I really like it when he's acting as the artist who puts full attention in drawing. His "eyes" in those scenes were beautiful.

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@Dhakra so this episode you are on Team Yeon Soo, right? Or you have made up your mind and wouldn't switch team anymore? Hahaha. Told you she has sass. I also notice she becomes extremely sassy when she has to defend Choi Woong. I think in the 5 years they were together, her sass mostly kicks in when defending Woong. And she lost it because she broke up with him LOLOL.

Well, by force more or less, since NJ pretty much had no real impact. Her scene didn't add anything to this episode. So I think I was on Team Yeon Soo this episode, becase Team NJ didn't get anything. Maybe this really is the only issue I have with the drama so far, my SLS can't be unveiled, because NJ didn't get much screentime, for me to look into her personality. So far it's like Roh Jeong-eui has a guest role as NJ and @abs-oluteM's oppa plays the second lead. He has much more screentime than NJ so far. 

She really does, when Choi Ung got accused of plagiarism, she immediately wrote an essay to clear his name. She is like she has to protect her lil innocent carefree puppy. 

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

OST 4 is out! ^ ^

Omg finally, that was the second OST I was waiting for. Absolutely perfect. The music is off the charts in this drama. Definitely hope there will be a physical album of the OST. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM you can't have SLS coz Team Leader Jang says he doesn't like Yeon Soo romantically xD but seriously though I thought he's going to admit he does! He's quite perceptive though for already knowing Ji Woong also likes Yeon Soo.

IKR...I was fooled. ahahaha but truth is I don't actually have SLS, though I get shaken at his handsome face. I love seeing my oppa's cameo @Dhakraand that he has so much screen time . In fact I think his role has more meaning that NJ's . :lmao2: But I do root for CW and YS to reunite especially after tonight finding out the reason why YS had broken it off. 

I will recap in a bit for eps 6. I continue to love this show for the way it tells their story. 

3 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Wow, all the ost are just so beautiful! Love love love it. 

True. Suits the mood!

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 2

Key recaps for eps 6 (Part 1)

The night before, Kook Yeon-soo came to Choi Woong's house and handed him jujube tea, saying, "This is jujube tea. Since you can't sleep when you're sensitive, the company ordered this too."

Then Choi Woong said, "95 hours. I just filled up 95 hours. I'll draw the rest in front of people." To this, Kook Yeon-soo said, "Really? .

At that time, Choi Woong grabbed Kuk Yeon-soo's wrist and asked, "Would you like to sleep over?"

But Choi Woong woke up without remembering anything. Choi Woong's manager, Gu Eun-ho (Andong-goo), asked, "Did you sleep with  medication yesterday?" Choi Woong said, "I slept well."

And Choi Woong saw the jujube tea given by Yeon-soo, who was on the other side, but looked  confused, causing frustration.

In the end, Choi Woong met Kook Yeon-soo at Kook Yeon-soo's company and asked, "Did you come to my house yesterday?" and she said, "Maybe I..."

-------------------------

Day of the event...

On this day, artist Noah and artist Go Oh attended the So&Shop drawing show. CW's  parents, Choi Ho (Park Won-sang) and Lee Yeon-ok (Seo Jeong-yeon) also came to support Choi Woong.

Kim Ji-woong (Kim Seong-cheol) asked Guk Yeon-soo (Kim Da-mi), surprised by Choi Woong's high level of concentration, and asked, "Is this the first time you've seen it? There were also things I didn't know about CW. So strange ,” he said.

Then, Kim Ji-woong said, "When I first looked at it properly, I didn't think it was Choi Woong."

FHIvQYyVgAYv3o-?format=jpg&name=360x360

Yeon-soo said, “Did you ever imagine that you would be working with a child who was at the bottom of the school? Me and Choi Woong don't match from one to ten.”

She continued “It was like that in the past. Thinking about it, I get hot / flustered  again. There is nothing good about it. Well, seeing how you draw like that makes me feel like I am  seeing a new side of yourself that I didn't know about. You've been drawing in the past, but it's the first time I've seen it so seriously. It just seems so different.”

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Key recaps for eps 6 (Part 2)

The truth is he was having insomnia and was exhausted: 

As Yeonsu predicted, Woong was suffering from insomnia.

Yeonsu answered, “Since when have you not slept? Why didn't you tell me?" she was upset . CW felt relieved in Yeonsu's arms, he fell asleep.

---------------------------

On this day, while Woong successfully finished the exhibition, NJ visited the exhibition hall and said, “Congratulations, artist. Have you ever seen something like this?” and handed a bouquet of flowers.

NJ is the lead from the  most popular idol group. As a result, reporters flocked in, and Yeonsu was confused as she watched what was happening. She seems jealous of N's attention on Woong.

--------------------------

The reason for their break-up:

Kuk Yeon-soo was standing in the middle of the living room of a house that someone had deliberately messed up with, voicing her anger at her grandmother, saying, "Why do we have to pay off the debt of our uncle who we have never seen before?"

At the same time, Kook Yeon-su said to herself, "Please, I wish I was only as poor as I could afford." 

However, unlike Yeonsu, Choi Woong gave up studying abroad on good terms and said to the professor, "It's not my taste to live like a junior high school student. Give it to a student who is more desperate than me."

On the other hand, Kuk Yeon-soo's grandmother was ill and was hospitalized as a result of a catastrophe.

Kook Yeon-soo, with her  difficult family environment, spent her college days studying hard and working part-time.  Kook Yeon-su begins to feel a sense of detachment from Choi Woong's leisurely life.

The parting scene between the two was shown again. When Yeon-soo said, "Let's break up," Choi Woong asked, "Am I so easy to throw away? Among the things you have."

At this, Kook Yeon-soo said, "No, the only thing I can throw away is you," and she left quietly.

However, Kook Yeon-soo said through the narration, "Actually, the reason I broke up with you is because you and I are not the same.":nervous:

--------------------------

After the event:

Yeon-soo visited Lee Sol-i (Park Jin-joo)'s store and gave a drink, saying, "I was envious of Choi Woong's eyes because he was full of soul. While he changed like that, I was just thinking about eating and living, and it was pathetic even thinking about it."

Afterwards, Yeon-su got drunk, and Kim Ji-woong, who answered Lee Sol-i's phone call, came to pick her up. While Kim Ji-woong asked, "Do you still like Choi-woong?", Guk Yeon-soo struggled to deny it.

Choi Woong stood in front of the house and wondered what had happened the night before, but Guk Yeon-su lied. In the end, Choi Woong said, "Then pretend that you don't remember tomorrow. It's not a dream. Why are you pretending to be a dream? Why are you lying?" He said, "Is this right? Are we doing this right now? It's us, not someone else. It's not just love like that. It's not just a breakup. Now that we met again, how was it? How have you been? Was it not hard?"

Yeon-soo, who was quietly listening to this, said, 'It was my arrogance that we broke up. I thought, 'My arrogance that I can live without you,' and bowed her head.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Episode 6

• So we learned the reason about the break-up. I guess @abs-oluteMwas partially right, his lack of ambition played a role, but wasn't the main reason for it. Yeon Su felt inferior, she struggled with life and was actually poor. She suffered a lot from living in two different realities. So after a reality check she dumbed Choi Ung. 
  • I really got goosebumps when Yeon Su saw Choi Ung draw for the first time watching the video, she was completely captivated by his determination. She never saw this side of him, so serious, precise and focussed. Great scene. 
  • Yeon Su felt so hurt when NJ showed up, she standing there all by herself, while everyone focussed on CU and NJ was hard to watch for her.
  • CU parent's are so gorgeous, I love how his mother treated Yeon Su. It's like they knew she probably still is their daughter in law. I hope after they get back together we see a scene where she visits them. 
  • NJ's role gets weaker every episode. So.....that's all? She visited his live drawing inkognito with the weakest cover of all time, gave him flowers and that was all? She even mentioned she clearly told the reporters they are just friends? 
    Seriously, maybe I sound a bit harsh, but when will her role become relevant und add a bit of spice to the drama? Her apperance didn't do anything, at the end it didn't even had an impact on YS. 
    If the actress behind NJ would be a real life idol, I would say okay, the needed to fit her in to get a few addiotinal viewers, but she's an actual full-time actress. 
    As much as I like her beauty and her one small scene I realy liked, but NJ's plot is so weak by now, that it is even impossible for me to get any SLS. Her character lacks depth. *
    I really hope NJ gets a bit more background and opportunities to get relevant, because I really want to see more of the actress, so far she doesn't look like the female second lead at all. The whole drama would function without her. If you would delete her scenes, we would have the same drama. 
  • Yeon Su always looks so cute while drinking! :scaredpanda2:
  • The drama really, really does this dramatic hand-grabbing move way too often. :laugh:In pretty much every episode we have a scene where CU dramatically grabs YS's hand when she turns around or is about to leave. 
  • Ending is so emotional, dramatic and beautiful. The scenery, how they both cry. 
    The line "We broke up because of my pride/arrogance" was......so powerful. Like a concession to herself, like something she was finally able to accept. It was her after all. 

Looking forward to next week. 

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Dhakraand that he has so much screen time . In fact I think his role has more meaning that NJ's . :lmao2: But I do root for CW and YS to reunite especially after tonight finding out the reason why YS had broken it off. 

And it doesn't get any better. NJ's role so far feels......irrelevant.:pandasadspoon:

Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
9 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I continue to love this show for the way it tells their story. 

I also thought about that today. I'm glad how....undramatic the drama is, while telling their story. Other dramas might have dragged out the plot or added problems to create tension. For example, during the live drawing, I expected something to go wrong, Choi Ung not being used to draw in front of people, Nu-A forcing a conflict or a quarrel of some sorts, maybe NJ creating a lot more fuss.  Many disturbances other dramas would add, to create upsets, tension or friction, 'Our Beloved Summer' does not, it calmly tells a story. 
This is why it remembers me a bit about Fairy, because it feels like a small window into other people's normal life, without big enemies. 

12 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Wow, all the ost are just so beautiful! Love love love it. 

I'm at a point where I sing along to "MAYBE IF I...." whenever the music starts to play.

Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 4

Did Woong still need YS's answer??? What shown from her just spoke volumes. I guess she's still like her old self who hard to express her apology and true feelings. 

Their chemistry is just really great. How many times have I said this? I've watched Choi Woo-Sik mostly for comedy before. So looking him acting that emotion is quite new to me. How should I put it, like YS sees a new light of Woong while he works, he was simply radiates warmth and confidence. 

All the titles of each episodes are really eye-catching. It reminds me of several old movie titles I've known. And they put them all together into one whole new story. It's creative!

And what is unique from this drama. YS is the male lead, CW is the female lead. NJ and JW are both second female and male leads. They become love square. I dont mean it bad, but they just made me feel that somehow. Well, if you know what I mean. Lols

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 3

Choi Woo Shik and Kim Dami posted these photos on their Instagram, respectively. :heart:

OBS1.jpg
OBS2.jpg

Adding to the NJ narrative here, I think the moment she starts to have a purpose, her character would already be so irrelevant her "purpose" would not matter...at least not to me. I already skip her scenes. :idk:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 4
7 hours ago, Tofu said:

Adding to the NJ narrative here, I think the moment she starts to have a purpose, her character would already be so irrelevant her "purpose" would not matter...at least not to me. I already skip her scenes.

:laugh: I wonder why is second female lead always written so unlikeable. Lols. I like the actress, I've seen her playing some great roles in previous dramas too. But NJ is purely annoying to me. She's overly confident thinking everyone must like her. 

@mademoiselle I'll adopt him as well, hahahaha. Seriously, he delivered all the emotions so well.

• Haha 4