Our Beloved Summer 그 해 우리는 [2021-2022]

@mademoiselle yes, she does have good chemistry with both.

It was another engaging episode. @Tofufrom what I can tell so far, it felt like he liked her very much but just didn't say the "I love you" word to her? Because she kept asking him these "What If " questions hoping to fish out some response from him . It is clear he would do anything for her but there was something missing  for her. I think she had these expectations that were not fulfilled. She wanted to see him have the same sort of drive she did , and she wanted him to be more proactive with things. Think that's what lead to their break-up. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Initially going into this drama, I didn't think there would be much to say, but I am loving reading everyone's thoughts here.

It’s obvious Ung and Yeon Su still love each other. Though it seems they don’t understand each other which mainly stems from them being opposites. Yeon Su seems to interpret the world more with her left brain while Ung does so with his right. She is analytical and needs to affirm love with words/facts. He is nonverbal/visual – actions speak louder than words. Based on how they currently react to each other, they should not be together...yet. I am interested to see what it will take for them to truly understand each other's hearts.

In the first episode, we learned they had a couple’s outfit – yellow sweaters – when they had dated 5 years. When they were stuck in the elevator, I noticed their outfits kind of matched!

Spoiler

spacer.png

Seeing Lee Joon Hyuk in the second episode makes me believe he’s part of the cast. Hope we’ll see him again in the next episode. Better yet, please give him his own rom-com. Anyhow, he looks so good and is such a great actor!

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
5 minutes ago, peperomia said:

When they were stuck in the elevator, I noticed their outfits kind of matched!

They even matched with Lee Jong Hyuk too! It's like all three of them were wearing couple shirts. :laugh:

OBS-2.gif

Credit

@peperomia and @abs-oluteM, you're both right. Their love languages are different and ultimately, that's probably why they drifted apart. It doesn't seem like neither of them moved on because there's no mention of them dating other people. I did feel bad for Choi Woong when he asked Yeon Soo if the work assignment was the only reason she went to him and she answered him by asking if there should be another reason. 

Sentier makes beautiful gifs of this drama. Just look at this one!

OBS.gif

Credit

• Heart Eyes 3
26 minutes ago, Tofu said:

They even matched with Lee Jong Hyuk too! It's like all three of them were wearing couple shirts. 

LOL. I love that! I didn’t even catch it.

Yeon Su’s scenes with Lee Joon Hyuk were so funny. Looks like she is warming up to him. She sees him less as a sociopath. Hahaha. Since he knows her history with Ung through her drunken gibberish, I want him to linger around more. He might be able to offer her some professional and personal advice while she is working with Ung on the collaboration.

Ung seems to be a bit jealous of Lee Joon Hyuk. :laugh:

28 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@peperomia and @abs-oluteM, you're both right. Their love languages are different and ultimately, that's probably why they drifted apart. It doesn't seem like neither of them moved on because there's no mention of them dating other people. I did feel bad for Choi Woong when he asked Yeon Soo if the work assignment was the only reason she went to him and she answered him by asking if there should be another reason.

I am glad you mentioned this part. My heart broke for him at this moment too. Clearly, he was disappointed with her response and likely, she wasn't speaking from her heart. She had told Lee Joon Hyuk that she hoped the artist wasn't Ung, but I bet, she was hoping otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

16 hours ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle I did not forsaken you with this drama! Work has just been busy so I haven't had time to drop by with my thoughts. 

I, too, wanted there to be something between Lee Jong Hyuk and Yeon Soo. I wished his cameo was longer. At the same time, it would be hard because I adore Choi Woo Shik. Haha!

Those "what ifs" questions were a bit excessive but maybe as smart and confident as Yeon Soo is, she probably has insecurities like everyone else. I love that Choi Woong is basically like, "I go wherever you go". He must have really loved her.

Hahaha I'm exhausted after work each day as well!

I do think we will still see Lee Joon Hyuk because the project is still on-going and Woong hasn't agreed to do it yet. I do like his character. Very Dr. Ye. Hahaha. And after the drunk talk, don't you guys think he's a lot less harsh with Dami even though he's saying things that embarrasses her (and seems like he's doing it as amusement).

I agree with you guys about Dami's asking those "what-if" and really she just wants him to say "I like you/I love you". And agree too he really loves her that's why he hasn't gotten over the break-up yet.

One thing I'm not welcoming is definitely the love triangle/quadruple of OTP with Ji Woong and NJ.

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
On 12/9/2021 at 12:07 PM, peperomia said:

Seeing Lee Joon Hyuk in the second episode makes me believe he’s part of the cast. Hope we’ll see him again in the next episode. Better yet, please give him his own rom-com. Anyhow, he looks so good and is such a great actor!

Welcome to JangHaven. So glad you're watching this with us. LJH does look so handsome. I do wish we will see him again.

Some kind soul subbed some stuff

15 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I love both episode 1 and 2 :smile: 

Happy to have a light romcom to watch after the heaviness that is in Reflection of You. 

Thanks to ROY, I have decided no more melodramas of that nature till next year. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@Dhakra after Happiness, I can recommend this show to you. It is your sort of drama - though it is romance centric, it is more a slice of life about what went wrong and about personal growth. Also second lead girl is cute and is an idol in this drama. Maybe you may like her more. LOL.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

17 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Thanks to ROY, I have decided no more melodramas of that nature till next year.

Next year is just around the corner :laugh: in a few weeks' time!

19 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Dhakra after Happiness, I can recommend this show to you. It is your sort of drama - though it is romance centric, it is more a slice of life about what went wrong and about personal growth. Also second lead girl is cute and is an idol in this drama. Maybe you may like her more. LOL.

Hahaha I'd think @Dhakra should go for Yeon Soo since she's so sassy and cute. But then why not like both?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
1 minute ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha I'd think @Dhakra should go for Yeon Soo since she's so sassy and cute. But then why not like both?

Dhakra is not that kind of guy. I know he cannot like two women in one show. Not his style. :hug:

2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Next year is just around the corner :laugh: in a few weeks' time!

Basically for the current batch of new dramas, I don't think I can touch all these affair shows. My heart can't take it. LOL

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

Yaaa @mademoiselle @abs-oluteM What is going on here? :laugh: It sounds like you are betting which of the two I might like more. Make sure to place your bets before I watch it. 

22 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Mhmm, I thought about doing a break for now and not watch anything. I have read a bit about it on Asianwiki and it does sound slice of life-ish. Siggh. Is it really THAT good?

Cute second lead, who is playing an idol. Mhm, mhm. Sounds like someone I might like. 

22 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Sassy and cute? :pandablush: You are talking about the first lead? Uhhh. Liking both? :pandathink: Depends which relationship they have to each other. I like sassy & cute! Totally up my alley!

22 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Dhakra is not that kind of guy. I know he cannot like two women in one show. Not his style. :hug:

Hey, hey. :pandajustright: It is true that I might have a.......slightly....bad history with liking more than one girl in a drama, but I can change. :pandapray: As long as they don't fight each other or the male lead, I am gucci. :pandapirate:

19 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

But he likes Sae Bom and the supermarket girl in Happiness leh :thinking::lenny:

Yeah, true, I also like So Yoon. But this is mostly because all three do not interfere with each other and live their own life. Sae Bom & YH is also set in stone and a cute story in itself. I cheered for the OTP but supermarket girl was mine. :laugh:

If you would make a love triangle out of it, things would get......messy. And based on history I tend to slightly favor the second lead most of the times. So in a love triangle I would probably be Team supermarket girl. 

19 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

That is only because there is no love triangle...:laugh:. Wait & see for this one...ahahaha

Nooona:pandarage:Sometimes it's scary how well you know me. Yeah true, if I like more than one female (second) lead, then it is mostly because they don't cross each others paths. If there is tension I choose a side and most of the time it's the one opposite to yours.  

• Haha 3

@Dhakra drama has been fun so far. Do check out if you have time. I am quite sure you'll like the 2nd lead girl because she is just so unabashedly forward in how she likes the ML. The ML is interesting because he's a late bloomer. Where else the FL is super driven , pretty much complete opposite from the ML.

--------------

New stills...ooo these must be discussions to revive the documentary

30000730046_1280.jpg

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Dhakra drama has been fun so far. Do check out if you have time. I am quite sure you'll like the 2nd lead girl because she is just so unabashedly forward in how she likes the ML. The ML is interesting because he's a late bloomer. Where else the FL is super driven , pretty much complete opposite from the ML.

I don't know yet, I wanted to use today to see which dramas are currently airing and if one appeals to me. I'm a little hesistant to pick it up because it looks really romantic centered. I need a more clear view on the hardships of life. 

But I keep it in mind and let you know if I pick it up. 

Edit: So after doing some research, it will either be this drama or Uncle. 
Uncle looks so much like my drama. Have you read/seen it? It's even with the PNB actor!

Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 3

Okay...let's watch at least the first episode

Episode 1+2

• @mademoiselleWhen does the 1st lead become sassy & cute? Based on the first thirty minutes, I wonder why you would think I might like her. :laugh:She's absolutely not my style. 
  • This is actually quite a nice watch so far. I really like it. So peaceful.
  • So.....she broke up with him.......after 5 years......just like that.......because he wasn't able to say "Yes, I like you that much" or "I love you"? He said in so many indirect ways, what's the problem? That's why she broke up with him after her "What if I break up?".
    She clearly broke his heart.....because of.....such small thing? :pandathink:
  • @abs-oluteMBut to be fair, so far NJ doesn't look cute or likeable. She's pretty, yeah......bute cute? Bubbly? She seems very cold and doesn't seem to have a good heart. Her personality doesn't seem.......great? She's full of herself. I don't like it. As far as I can say by now, none of them make me go into my :pandablush:-Mode.
  • Oh boy.....the OST in the elevator hits me. OH BOY, this is going to sell me on this drama. I can feel it. The OST in the scene hits different. 
    Yeon Su counter was perfectly. He clearly is still in love. I expected an early kiss there.
  • BUT HOLY.....I love the song that played right there. I'm sold, the OST sold me for now. Perfect piece of music there. 

So, after watching both episodes I am torn, I do like it, I just don't know where the drama is going. I'm interested to find out, the drama's pacing was actually quite fast, I just hope they keep it like this. 

Regarding the question which of the females I like so far, I have to say, none as of now. NJ seems really narcistic, material and superficial. She's pretty, no question, but I don't see where she is cute. She absolutely doesn't have the nice girl next door vibes, she's neither mature nor incredible nice. 

Yeon Su isn't cute either, I also don't think she is sassy. Her 29y old version is definitely a lot better than her 19y version, but she seems to have the same issue as the main lead. It doesn't feel like she showed her feelings towards him aswell. She wanted to hear how much he loves her, but she never showed him affection aswell. She was doubting him all the time, so how could he feel comfortable. If you're spreading doubt with all these what-if questions, how can he rely on this relationship? He is someone who seeks peace, but all these what-if questions are like little intrigues.

Looking forward to the episode tomorrow. I want to know where this is going, I hope they will be back soon. 

I can see why @abs-oluteM called me here. On one hand, I can totally identify with the male lead, I am like him. Seeking peace, always being on the more quieter side of life. 
On the other hand, it's clear that NJ, with her superficial interest in Ko-o, will play dirty at one point if she creates a romantic interest in him. So this will be a love triangle. Yeon-Su & NJ will have some frictions. And I guess, based on my history of second leads playing dirty , (Shi-Ho | Fairy) (Yoona | Liar) to just mention two,some may think I will take NJ side. 
But she is way different so far from the ones I mentioned above. So far I don't feel any connection with her. Actually quite the oopposite. At this point I would cheer, only just a little, with Yeon-Su. Although.....her reason to break up with him after 5 years was pathetic and hurt him quite hard. 

So I am a little bit with @mademoiselle right now. I have to see where this drama is going. 

Never happened before that I don't have a favorite :laugh:   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Dhakra You got me looking up the meaning of "sassy" :laugh:

Yourdictionary.com says "The definition of sassy is someone or something that is lively, bold and a little feisty. An example of sassy is a quick witted, clever girl. adjective."

I think Yeon Soo fits the bill. No? 

The pre-release preview for episode 3 where they kept bumping into each other was hilarious. Yeon Soo is a bit too mean though.

E3's Pre-release Cut

New stills

FGcqWNiVkAEIHxS?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Heart Eyes 3
10 hours ago, Dhakra said:

I can see why @abs-oluteM called me here. On one hand, I can totally identify with the male lead, I am like him. Seeking peace, always being on the more quieter side of life. 

Bingo. Glad you're on board. I just love that he's found success even though he was the bottom of his class, and was painted to be the slacker here. But for me , he's made it not just because he seem better off materially but because he seems happier doing what he loves. 

The pre-released is hilarious @mademoiselle!

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

A real quick recap of Eps 3 ...Choi Woong is so cheeky. Think he wants to torture YeonSu

Choi Woong (Choi Woo-shik) and Guk Yeon-su (Kim Dami), who broke up saying that they should not see each other even if they die, are reunited after 5 years of separation. Choi Woong has been on the road to success as a building illustrator and mystic artist that goes by the pen-name 'Go', and at the same time, Kook Yeon-su was planning a collaboration with him for an important project in the company.

In addition, their fates began to be intertwined again as  Ji-woong Kim (Kim Seong-cheol), who was in charge of directing a follow-up  documentary of the two ( due to a successful rerun of the documentary filmed in school), approached the two of them to get them to collaborate with him. 

To Ji-woong Kim's suggestion, "Let's do a filming session with you again. A documentary," Choi Woong replied, "No" without hesitation. Of course, the same was true of Yeon Su.

However, the documentary  brought back memories  of the precious times between the two of them. And then something strange began to happen. Choi Woong got off the taxi that stopped in front of Guk Yeon-su as if they had made a promise, and found each other at a mart they had never met before. So they kept meeting or bumping into each other , unplanned. 

Woong and Yeon-su were surprised by the repeated coincidences, saying, “Is this possible?”

Unable to hold it any longer , Woong asked, “Are you following me?” and Yeon-su dismissed it, saying, “Say something that makes sense.”
He asked  “Why are you walking around my neighborhood?”
She replied “Because it’s around our neighborhood? Do you know where I moved to?”

Woong said, "Does this make sense? We haven't seen each other in 5 years, so we're meeting like this?" and Yeonsu sarcastically said, "If it's uncomfortable, why don't you change your route?"

Woong said , "I am not uncomfortable at all. Aren't you the one uncomfortable?" 
In response to Woong, she said  "Me? why me? I'm not a person who is  concerned at all"
He smirked.

When Yeonsu asked Woong if he was walking around her because of the project, she said, “You don’t have to worry about that. I’m going to work with another artist  instead of  you,” she dismissed him and turned around.

However, the company is insisting on  a contract with Woong. 

af46d14a-5403-4817-8951-b4ee9f243862.jpg

Choi Woong, who was thinking about how to cause some  suffering for Yeon-su, who abandoned him five years ago, and thought of filming the documentary as a way to do it. Yeon-soo, who doesn't like documentary filming, was forced to shoot.

In response, Choi Woong-eun had asked his manager Eun-ho Koo (played by Dong-goo Andong) to agree to the collaboration. Upon hearing this on the way to work,  Yeon-su panicked and went to Choi Woong's house. And Choi Woong, who welcomed Yeon Soo, requested Yeon Soo to reshoot the documentary as a condition of collaboration. :laugh:

So basically what changed Choi Woong's heart after many twists and turns was his desire for revenge against  Yeon-su.  In this way, their friendship began again.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1