Genre: Historical, romance

Broadcast Station: KBS2

Production: 이야기사냥꾼, Monster Union

Streaming Site: Wavve, Netflix

Episodes: 20

Schedule: 11th October - 14th December, 2021 (Mon - Tues) at 9:30 pm KST

Agencies: NamooActors | FNC | Lucky | Play M | MBK | Garten |

Plot Summary

The Crown Prince's wife gave birth to twins, but twins were considered an ominous sign. The twin daughter was supposed to be killed, but her mother begged to save her life. Secretly, the twin daughter is sent out of the palace. A few years later, the twin son Lee Hwi dies due to a disease. The Crown Prince's wife hides her twin son's death and brings her twin daughter back to the palace and raises her as Prince Lee Hwi (Park Eun-Bin). Lee Hwi eventually becomes a crown prince, but she is afraid her real identity will be revealed. Because of her secret, Lee Hwi is unable to have anyone close to her. She hides her emotions from others and she makes biting remarks.

Jung Ji-Woon (Ro Woon) is Lee Hwi’s teacher. Jung Ji-Woon comes from a noble family. He is handsome, smart and an optimist who enjoys life. Crown Prince Lee Hwi develops feeling for Jung Ji-Woon (source: AsianWiki).

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Party! 4

Main Casts

Casts

Character Chart

b224ddb6b134c1f4b9134e80f877c84dab73f71a

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2

Making of Poster

Spoiler

Teaser / Trailer

Spoiler

Teaser 1

source

Teaser 2

source

Teaser 3

Original source 

Teaser 4

source

5 Mins Preview Highlights

source

Promotions

2021.10.18 KBS Cool FM with Kang Han Na

Spoiler

Netflix Korea Keyword Interviews

Spoiler

Park Eun Bin

Rowoon

Nam Yoon Su

Bae Yoon Kyung

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2

2020.03.19 Park Eun Bin And SF9’s Rowoon Confirmed To Star In Upcoming Historical Drama "Affection (literal title)"

3429f6dce75c414f9cf19196f7dfb5c1.jpeg?s=

Park Eun Bin and SF9’s Rowoon will be starring in a new drama together!

On March 19, it was confirmed that the two actors had been cast in the upcoming KBS drama “Yeonmo” (romanized title, a historical term for “love”). Based on a manhwa (Korean comic), “Yeonmo” is a historical drama about twins born in the palace. Although one of them is abandoned for being female, she later pretends to be a man and becomes the crown prince when her brother dies.

Park Eun Bin has been cast in the role of the crown prince named Lee Hwi. Lee Hwi is the perfect crown prince, skilled at the literary and martial arts and gifted with an elegant beauty. But because of her secret, Lee Hwi never reveals her feelings to the world and keeps a distance between anyone who tries to get close, including the palace ladies.

Rowoon has been cast in the role of Jung Ji Woon, Lee Hwi’s teacher. He is a teacher from the Crown Prince sikangwon, a government office for the sole purpose of educating crown princes. He is described as a handsome man who is bold, persevering, and tenacious, but also tends to take life as it comes and lives free from worldly concerns as an optimist who enjoys life. As the son of a government official in the Saheonbu (an investigative government office), his future seemed clearly set out for him. However, there was a reason that he chose to go his own path and leave the easy road behind.

The production staff of “Yeonmo” stated, “Park Eun Bin and Rowoon, who look like they’ve stepped out of the pages of a comic book, have confirmed their casting in ‘Yeonmo.’ Park Eun Bin will show a new side of herself as a female crown prince, while Rowoon plays the charming male lead who will throw her emotions into chaos. Please look forward to the unforgettable romance between their characters.”

“Yeonmo” is being directed by Song Hyun Wook (“Beauty Inside,” “Another Oh Hae Young“) and written by Han Hee Jung (“Clean with Passion for Now“). Filming will begin soon and the drama is expected to premiere sometime in the second half of 2021.

Source (1) via soompi

Edited by mademoiselle

2020.03.19 Park Eun Bin And SF9’s Rowoon Confirmed To Star In Upcoming Historical Drama "Affection (literal title)"

3429f6dce75c414f9cf19196f7dfb5c1.jpeg?s=

Park Eun Bin and SF9’s Rowoon will be starring in a new drama together!

On March 19, it was confirmed that the two actors had been cast in the upcoming KBS drama “Yeonmo” (romanized title, a historical term for “love”). Based on a manhwa (Korean comic), “Yeonmo” is a historical drama about twins born in the palace. Although one of them is abandoned for being female, she later pretends to be a man and becomes the crown prince when her brother dies.

Park Eun Bin has been cast in the role of the crown prince named Lee Hwi. Lee Hwi is the perfect crown prince, skilled at the literary and martial arts and gifted with an elegant beauty. But because of her secret, Lee Hwi never reveals her feelings to the world and keeps a distance between anyone who tries to get close, including the palace ladies.

Rowoon has been cast in the role of Jung Ji Woon, Lee Hwi’s teacher. He is a teacher from the Crown Prince sikangwon, a government office for the sole purpose of educating crown princes. He is described as a handsome man who is bold, persevering, and tenacious, but also tends to take life as it comes and lives free from worldly concerns as an optimist who enjoys life. As the son of a government official in the Saheonbu (an investigative government office), his future seemed clearly set out for him. However, there was a reason that he chose to go his own path and leave the easy road behind.

The production staff of “Yeonmo” stated, “Park Eun Bin and Rowoon, who look like they’ve stepped out of the pages of a comic book, have confirmed their casting in ‘Yeonmo.’ Park Eun Bin will show a new side of herself as a female crown prince, while Rowoon plays the charming male lead who will throw her emotions into chaos. Please look forward to the unforgettable romance between their characters.”

“Yeonmo” is being directed by Song Hyun Wook (“Beauty Inside,” “Another Oh Hae Young“) and written by Han Hee Jung (“Clean with Passion for Now“). Filming will begin soon and the drama is expected to premiere sometime in the second half of 2021.

Source (1) via soompi

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

2021.03.19 Park Eun Bin and Rowoon Will Come Together for New Palace Romance Drama

01.21854704.1-crop-tile.jpg

Park Eun Bin and Rowoon will visit the small screen with the new romance drama Affection (literal title).

KBS’s new drama Affection announced two young stars, Park Eun Bin and Rowoon’s appearance.

Affection is a series adapted from the comics of the same name. The story begins with an abandoned child. She was born as a twin, but her parents left her to keep the other male brother instead. When her twin brother, raised as a crown prince, dies, she steps in his shoes dressed as a guy.

The responses are already hot. The fact that a lady ascending to the throne in the Joseon Dynasty has become a hot topic. Likewise, the series dealing with “a female dress as a man” is also drawing keen attention.

xxlarge.jpeg

Credit: DAEWON. C. I. INC

Park Eun Bin plays Lee Hwi, a prince with a secret that she can never tell. She lives her dead twin brother’s life and is a fake prince who constantly fights with herself. Lee Hwi has porcelain skin, ice-cold eyes, mysteriously beautiful looks, and unparalleled dignity. In the same vein, she has perfect skillsets in literary and military fields.

Rowoon will become Jeong Ji Woon, Lee Hwi’s teacher. He is Joseon’s macho man with tenacity and guts and an optimist who enjoys life. He is the son of the Saheonbu (Office of the Inspector-General) family and a prodigious man who passed the state examination early in age. But for some reason, he leaves behind the flowery path and picks up acupuncture needles instead of a writing brush.

The production shared, “Park Eun Bin will challenge a new transformation as a female crown prince and Rowoon has fatal charms. The two will present unforgettable romance to viewers this fall.”

The Beauty Inside and Another Miss Oh director, Song Hyun Wook, will produce the series Affection with Clean With Passion For Now screenwriter Han Hee Jung penning the script. The filming will begin soon to premiere in the second half of this year.

Source (1) via ZAPZEE

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

I am very excited. The leads are both actors I adore. I don't usually watch much Sageuk ( more like I am selective)  but I will for these two . I am so happy to see RoWoon so soon. After She Would Never Know, I missed him on my screen. Maybe we can get river bathing scene @mademoiselle:pandacool:

Tagging @ktcjdrama  too .  @Noonapau would you be watching this?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Chinese dramaland is over saturated with historical dramas where the female lead pretends to be a male. If I wasn't so used to those types of storyline getting thrown at me constantly, I might be a little more excited for this. I do like Park Eun Bin so I might just watch for her. I will have to decide once I see more promo photos and videos. 

• Like 6
8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Fan Arts

source

Fans are super fast, LOL @abs-oluteM

@cherrhys88 I'm sure you'll be watching for Eun Bin (and Rowoon)? :smile:

I won't tag the rest because they can't be trusted even when they show interest now :jiminbtssigh:

It's going to be my first sageuk too!:smile: I'm really looking forward to this, the story sounds interesting although it seems that there's going to be a bit of a difference from the manhwa/comics, I hope it's good.

Edited by abs-oluteM
Removed quoted images
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

VICTON’s Byungchan Confirmed To Join SF9’s Rowoon And Park Eun Bin In New Drama

d372a5f5d05e401181be533b56df2cc3.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

VICTON’s Byungchan will be joining SF9’s Rowoon and Park Eun Bin in a new historical drama!

On March 25, Play M Entertainment announced, “Choi Byungchan has been confirmed to appear in KBS’s new drama ‘Yeonmo’ [romanized title].”

Based on the manhwa (Korean comic) of the same name, “Yeonmo” (which means “love” or “affection” in Korean) will tell the story of a pair of royal twins, one male and one female. Although the sister is initially abandoned for being female, she later disguises herself as a man to become the crown prince when her brother dies.

Park Eun Bin was previously confirmed to be starring as Lee Hwi, the crown prince with a shocking secret, while Rowoon was confirmed for the leading role of Jung Ji Woon, Lee Hwi’s teacher.

Byungchan will be playing the role of Kim Ga On, the faithful and dependable bodyguard of crown prince Lee Hwi.

“Yeonmo,” which will be helmed by “Beauty Inside” and “Another Oh Hae Young” director Song Hyun Wook, is currently slated to premiere in the second half of 2021.

Source (1) via soompi

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DIA’s Jung Chaeyeon Joins SF9’s Rowoon, VICTON’s Byungchan, And Park Eun Bin In New Drama

69b0d98c62364882a94951a3864bbc66.jpeg?s=

DIA’s Jung Chaeyeon has joined the cast of a new KBS historical drama!

On May 8, the producers of KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Yeonmo” (romanized title) officially announced, “Jung Chaeyeon’s casting has been confirmed for the role of the crown prince’s wife.”

Based on the manhwa (Korean comic) of the same name, “Yeonmo” (which means “love” or “affection” in Korean) will tell the story of a pair of royal twins, one male and one female. Although the sister is initially abandoned for being female, she later disguises herself as a man to become the crown prince when her brother dies.

Park Eun Bin will be starring in the drama as Lee Hwi, the crown prince with a shocking secret, while SF9’s Rowoon will be starring as male lead Jung Ji Woon, who is Lee Hwi’s teacher. VICTON’s Byungchan will be playing the role of Kim Ga On, Lee Hwi’s faithful and dependable bodyguard.

In what will mark her first drama in two years, Jung Chaeyeon will be playing the role of Noh Ha Kyung, the crown prince’s wife. The idol-turned-actress last appeared in “My First First Love 2” in 2019.

“Yeonmo,” which will be helmed by “Beauty Inside” and “Another Oh Hae Young” director Song Hyun Wook, is currently slated to premiere in the second half of 2021.

source

• Like 2