The King's Affection 연모 [2021]

2021.09.08 Park Eun Bin Transforms Into A Cold And Charismatic Prince For Upcoming Historical Drama

park-eun-bin-3.jpg

New KBS drama “The King’s Affection” shared a first look of Park Eun Bin in character!

Based on a manhwa (Korean comic), “The King’s Affection” is a historical drama about twins born in the palace. Although one of them is abandoned for being female, she later pretends to be a man and becomes the crown prince when her brother dies.

Park Eun Bin will play the crown prince Lee Hwi. Lee Hwi is the perfect crown prince, skilled at the literary and martial arts and gifted with an elegant beauty. But because of her secret, Lee Hwi never reveals her feelings to the world and keeps a distance between anyone who tries to get close, including the palace ladies.

SF9‘s Rowoon will take the role of Jung Ji Woon, Lee Hwi’s teacher. He is a teacher from the Crown Prince sikangwon, a government office for the sole purpose of educating crown princes. He is described as a handsome man who is bold, persevering, and tenacious, but also tends to take life as it comes and lives free from worldly concerns as an optimist who enjoys life. As the son of a government official in the Saheonbu (an investigative government office), his future seemed clearly set out for him. However, there was a reason that he chose to go his own path and leave the easy road behind.

The newly released stills show Lee Hwi, a woman of royal blood who carries a heavy secret. She appears cold on the outside, but she has a hot temper. She exudes cool charisma and noble aura that make her seem unapproachable. Lee Hwi puts on a hard front in order to hide the truth. She has become used to loneliness, fear, and pain, and her thorny personality only gets sharper day by day.

Then one day, Jung Ji Woon appears into Lee Hwi’s life. He keeps crossing the line between them that causes her to become disarmed. Although she tries to keep her distance from him, her icy heart will naturally melt, and she will experience love for the first time.

The production team shared, “With just her eyes, Park Eun Bin is showing an impressive performance by creating an unapproachable aura of the imperative crown prince Lee Hwi. Please pay a lot of attention and give a lot of love to her acting skills and new charms that will fill Lee Hwi’s special story with delicate emotions.”

“The King’s Affection” will premiere on October 11 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

source

LMAO... I look forward to what the "crossing the line" meant. xDDD

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4
On 9/6/2021 at 9:28 PM, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM I'm so happy I could die! It'll be on Netflix! Rowoon is finally coming to me via NETFLIXXXXXXXX! Its English title is called The King's Affection. Should I change? Or keep? Arrrghhhh :heart::love::wow:

Hahaha those name changes! I think Affection by itself would have been better! (But I normally like longer names!) :laugh:

10 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

First peek of Prince Park Eun Bin! @abs-oluteM @Alice Wonderland So so so, what do you guys think?

I'm already girl crushing on PEB. But I always have loved her :wow:

Some one said she looks like KSH like this :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

2021.09.09 SF9’s Rowoon Becomes The Crown Prince’s Dashing And Brilliant Teacher In New Historical Drama "The King's Affection".

sf9-rowoon-2.jpg

The first stills of SF9’s Rowoon have been revealed for “The King’s Affection”!

Based on a manhwa (Korean comic), “The King’s Affection” is a historical drama about twins born in the palace. Although one of them is abandoned for being female, she later pretends to be a man and becomes the crown prince when her brother dies.

Park Eun Bin will play the crown prince Lee Hwi. Lee Hwi is the perfect crown prince, skilled at the literary and martial arts and gifted with an elegant beauty. But because of her secret, Lee Hwi never reveals her feelings to the world and keeps a distance between anyone who tries to get close, including the palace ladies.

sf9-rowoon-3.jpg

Rowoon will take the role of Jung Ji Woon, Lee Hwi’s teacher. He is a teacher from the Crown Prince sikangwon, a government office for the sole purpose of educating crown princes. He is described as a handsome man who is bold, persevering, and tenacious, but also tends to take life as it comes and lives free from worldly concerns as an optimist who enjoys life. As the son of a government official in the Saheonbu (an investigative government office), his future seemed clearly set out for him. However, there was a reason that he chose to go his own path and leave the easy road behind.

The newly released stills show Rowoon perfectly transforming into Jung Ji Woon. He is a very intelligent being who passed the state exam with flying colors, but he’s not very interested in achieving fame and prestige. He may seem like an ambitious go-getter, but he’s actually a free spirit who enjoys exploring mountains and fields at night.

However, Jung Ji Woon will experience a fateful romance when he becomes Lee Hwi’s teacher. He will feel an irresistible wave of emotions around her, and it will be intriguing to find out how the two will carry out their love story in the midst of a fierce power struggle in the palace.

sf9-rowoon-1.jpg

The production team commented, “Rowoon is becoming the mood maker of the set by properly embodying Jung Ji-woon’s personality. This fall, please look forward to his new performance, which will make your heart race with good looks and heart-fluttering acting.

“The King’s Affection” will premiere on October 11 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Party! 1
16 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I like the longer titles they revised. Affection would look to short as A, TKA is good enough with 3 letters abbreviated. 

I have a soft spot for PEB, but mostly her roles in the previous dramas didnt really captivating me. Hopefully this one will do. 

Affection is short enough. Abbreviation :KittyBan:

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL Yeah, why did KBS make it private?! They are going to have to release it anyway!

I have a feeling that it might somehow be in the contractual terms with Netflix because this happened with some of the Taiwanese dramas that Netflix aired. The channel actually said they had to take it down and referred you to the Netflix trailer. :thinking:

Also, this seems to happen with KBS a lot :pandascared: I forgot about all the traumas I should have learnt from DDSSLLS - you know after DDSSLLS aired, the KBS/ MonsterUnion Youtube channel that hosted all the behind the scenes content for the drama made everything private :shocked2:. Luckily I had downloaded all the videos since me and Stroppyse were subbing them...so now my YT channel hosts most of those videos :heiboi: I forgot that I should have downloaded it immediately like this smart Twitter person did. You have been warned though - anything you like from this drama, download immediately!!!  :laugh:

• Haha 5

@JenL Are the videos of DDSSLLS on your channel still viewable by public? I'd imagine them blocking it too. These days I'm so unmotivated to download & upload on YT due to this.

It's OK, I'd be able to see it from Weibo and if I need the clip, I can get it off Naver TV directly - the quality is clearer than YouTube. Plus we have also Rowoon and Park Eun Bin's fans we can rely on. ^ ^ Come to think of it, I didn't collect BTS for Sunbae. I just kept it as a playlist on YouTube 😅 I think the most important BTS for me from that show is the one RW was with the little girl.

img.gif

source

• Haha 5
20 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL Are the videos of DDSSLLS on your channel still viewable by public? I'd imagine them blocking it too. These days I'm so unmotivated to download & upload on YT due to this.

Yep all the videos on my channel are still viewable! I think it's cause it's only a small channel (only 1.16k subscribers) and it's not monetised (since it's not my content, I just host videos with subs when I feel like doing them). I actually think the take-down of those clips on the KBS socials were not to do with Netflix (although DDSSLLS was a Netflix drama too) since it happened awhile after the drama aired. I think something happened between the company who use to do their Behind the Scenes editing (Monster Union) and KBS. Monster Union now only puts very few things on their channel, like the occasional trailer for a drama. But none of their behind the scenes stuff :idk:

I have heard Netflix does the occsional purge on YT and forces people to take down videos...but I already have all the copies as well as the subs, so it's whatever for me. I just host the videos so other fans who like the actors or are sad from the ending can get some comfort if they stumble across my channel. I've gotten some really nice comments over the years about how grateful they were to find BTS stuff (and subbed too) when they didn't think there was anything left to watch :) :yayaya:

By the way, I'm really excited for this drama :heart::wow::CharmanderYay:  PEB and RW look so good as their characters and in costume. I'm surprised at how excited I am for a costume/ historical drama!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

58 minutes ago, bairama said:

Affection poster release. Beautiful. The shade is so calming. Is this official or fan edit? I can't find it in Hancinema yet but it is on Twitter

source

It's official. Park Eun Bin just posted it on Instagram :wow:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm jealous....😭😭😭😭

Of Park Eun Bin? ahahah yes cause she kissed or will get to kiss to your oppas? :GengarCool:

All the promotional stuff looks good. Nice to see that my favourite Brahms couple both have projects that I am excited for. And now I must see if Rowoon will finally show some skin... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Of Park Eun Bin? ahahah yes cause she kissed or will get to kiss to your oppas?

In general, anyone in her place. Hahahahahaha! Until my heart stops beating for him, I'll be jelly...

KBS is not working as hard promoting Affection on Twitter though. They didn't even upload the main leads' stills but did it for the side characters. What's the logic in that?

• Haha 4

I'm hoping the individual poster will be beautiful too.

@Tofu @abs-oluteM Can I have more Rowoon's badge later? I'm getting one badge ready for later :laugh:

Untitled-1.jpg Hmm, 50x50 looks too small their faces.

OMG @abs-oluteM I'm devastated to realise belatedly that I didn't have Rowoon's in Sunbae badge. He was so gorgeous in there. :cry:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3
  • Party! 1