The King's Affection 연모 [2021]

Hi everyone.

So finally got my courage to join this forum LOL. I've been an active lurker in Sunbei Don't Put on that Lipstick forum and I'm enjoying reading all your comments and lovely analyzations. This actually convinced me to finally join the fun specially Rowoon's Yeonmo is coming.

Just a little background please bear with me LOL.

I am not a long time fan of Rowoon. Though I watched him in EA but his acting really did not left an impression for me that time. I just started following him when I watched the first episode of She Would Never Know. Instantly episode 1 dang I became his fan and he already top in my number 2 bias list ( I still have PARK SEO JUN in the top list LOL) I see a lot of potential in him. He was so good in SWNK. 

I'm looking forward to be spazzing with you during Yeonmo's running and his future projects. 

Lovely to meet all of you :)

PS

I already saw Rowoon twice when his group had a fan meet in my country. Luckily my cousin is a superfan so I accompanied her. He's really handsome in a real sense of the word. And super tall. My neck  hurt by just looking at him :lmao2:

Edited by cess4evah
  • Party! 6
32 minutes ago, cess4evah said:

I still have PARK SEO JUN

OMG!! Where have you been?! You're the person @mademoiselle and I have been waiting for. You love our favorites too!!! WELCOME!! 

I made this a few days ago but I don't think I posted it here. Park Eun Bin is so cute, love her! 

KA-02v3-T-SM.gif

Why is all the videos from KBS blocked for me? :cry:

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
16 minutes ago, Tofu said:

OMG!! Where have you been?! You're the person @mademoiselle and I have been waiting for. You love our favorites too!!! WELCOME!! 

Really? I've been a fan of Park Seo Jun since his debut LOL. Good thing he's busy with his Hollywood career right now that's why I have time fan girling with Rowoon LOL. I'm glad that we share same interest LOL. This is really interesting. 

Thank you so much for the warm welcome 

Still learning how to man this forum LOL. I'm more familiar with soompi forum. 

Eun Bin's emoticon is so funny. Her as a bunny and Rowoon's Ji Woon as annoying cute cat. LOL this girl could be funny :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

hello @cess4evah. Welcome to the thread & forum. :wow: Very happy you joined us here. 

I liked Sunbae & I thought RoWoon's character was such a sweetheart. I am happy we get to see him here again. I think many of us here also love Park Eun Bin. Very nice combination. 

This drama will have a lot of unintended skinship :hug:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

2021.09.17 SF9’s Rowoon And Park Eun Bin Make A Dazzling Couple In New Poster For Upcoming Romance Drama

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “The King’s Affection” has unveiled a romantic poster of its two leads!

Based on the manhwa (Korean comic) of the same name, “The King’s Affection” will tell the story of a pair of royal twins, one male and one female. Although the sister is initially abandoned for being female, she later disguises herself as a man to become the crown prince when her brother dies.

Park Eun Bin will be starring in the drama as Lee Hwi, the crown prince with a shocking secret, while SF9’s Rowoon will be starring as Lee Hwi’s teacher Jung Ji Woon.

In the newly released poster, Lee Hwi and Jung Ji Woon make heart-fluttering eye contact as they lean closely towards each other. His arms are carefully around her, and he is gripping onto her blue royal robe. On the other hand, she has one hand on his neck, and it seems as if she’s completely mesmerized by him.

Lee Hwi, who doesn’t trust people, starts to open up after meeting Jung Ji Woon. That is the beginning of her desire to regain her true self that she has been hiding for so long. Thus, in the poster, she is represented as a woman and not a king. However, once her emotions blossom, that’s when the true crisis begins.

Jung Ji Woon appears to be drawn to Lee Hwi as well. The two approach each other with irresistible feelings, but the more beautiful their love is, the more dangerous their situation will become. They’re not able to be reckless with their feelings and express them freely, which is why they look more affectionate than ever.

The producers of “The King’s Affection” commented, “The sentimental emotions penetrating the entire drama surrounded the entire set of the photo shoot. This is because the chemistry of ‘The King’s Affection’ was revived just by Park Eun Bin and Rowoon looking at each other. Thanks to this, the image contains the affectionate feelings of the two even in the tense moment of increasing heartrate.”

“The King’s Affection” will premiere on October 11 at 9:30 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser here!

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 1
3 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle ooo , I dunno whether I am mixing up all the webtoon spoilers, but isn't Affection the one where there's bed scene or something right? :pandahehe:

Bwahahahahaha maybe you are mixing up. Sunbae has bed scene but then the drama's version was super mild. This one I'm not sure, I hadn't come across anyone mentioned there's one - besides, if they did, ahem... he's technically becomes her concubine immediately :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

• Haha 4

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I already read the manhwa and I think the drama have many difference in the manhwa. In the first place Rowoon’s character in manhwa is Lee Whi’s royal body guard not a teacher. So I think the drama is more exciting LOL. 

I don’t know if they will be doing this one KBS being a main channel censorship is inevitable. And I don’t think Rowoon will do this LOL given he is in SWNK. But we will never know maybe he will LOL. 

My question is are we all ready if he is??? 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 3
37 minutes ago, cess4evah said:

My question is are we all ready if he is??? 😂😂

Yes :1000:

aahhaahah...but KBS like you say is main station. I highly doubt...but one can always hope. :LaxEat:. The webtoon scenes look quite +19. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Oh wait, I did see snippets of tha sexy manhwa couple of pages back but no, I highly doubt there will be a scene like that. It's KBS... mother of all things must be appropriate. If it's SBS, the chances might be higher LOL.

@abs-oluteM I don't think I even need to be ready because I don't think it'll happen at all given the broadcast station and 9:30pm air time. PG it is. Sunbae was on JTBC cable and nothing happened :lmao2: The manhwa isn't 18+, if it is it'll give you more "action" scenes.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 5

@cess4evah I love that you love PSJ! I don't think I've seen all his dramas, but I've seen a good majority of them. I hope he comes back to dramaland soon!

Whoa! That's a pretty sexy scene there. :shocked2: I can't imagined Park Eun Bin and Rowoon doing a scene like that so I won't prepare myself for something we won't get. :niu:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
On 9/16/2021 at 5:20 PM, mademoiselle said:

KBS is not working as hard promoting Affection on Twitter though. They didn't even upload the main leads' stills but did it for the side characters. What's the logic in that?

KBSSSSSS!!!! :pandarage2::pandarage2::pandarage2: You put on some good shows, but you don't do it right! Don't screw it up for RW and PEB since I really like them both!!!

• Haha 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 9/17/2021 at 1:00 PM, cess4evah said:

So finally got my courage to join this forum LOL. I've been an active lurker in Sunbei Don't Put on that Lipstick forum and I'm enjoying reading all your comments and lovely analyzations. This actually convinced me to finally join the fun specially Rowoon's Yeonmo is coming.

Hello! So nice of you to join us! :CharmanderYay: We're all super excited about the drama, so you're in the right place!

I am not a long time fan of Rowoon. Though I watched him in EA but his acting really did not left an impression for me that time. I just started following him when I watched the first episode of She Would Never Know. Instantly episode 1 dang I became his fan and he already top in my number 2 bias list ( I still have PARK SEO JUN in the top list LOL) I see a lot of potential in him. He was so good in SWNK. 

I like Rowoon but I agree that his acting in EY wasn't as strong. I'm definitely not a superfan like @mademoiselle, but I appreciate his beauty all the same and look forward to seeing him with more refined acting now. I missed Sunbae and haven't felt drawn to go to it yet, but already in the trailer for Affection I can see his acting has gotten HEAPS better. And this pairing looks good. I'm a big fan of PEB :wow:

I already saw Rowoon twice when his group had a fan meet in my country. Luckily my cousin is a superfan so I accompanied her. He's really handsome in a real sense of the word. And super tall. My neck  hurt by just looking at him :lmao2:

Sooooo lucky! Was he as pretty in real life as on screen? :BulbaOWO::wow: I missed out because I didn't know his band when they came to my country (it was before EY), so I missed my chance. Maybe one day post covid.

On 9/17/2021 at 6:10 PM, mademoiselle said:

Bwahahahahaha maybe you are mixing up. Sunbae has bed scene but then the drama's version was super mild. This one I'm not sure, I hadn't come across anyone mentioned there's one - besides, if they did, ahem... he's technically becomes her concubine immediately 

Hahahaha, I think the reasoon I'm so into this aside from the actors is because it's technically a girl dressing as a boy, high tension romance series....:heart: I look forward to the role reversals and RW as concubine! 

On 9/19/2021 at 6:51 AM, Tofu said:

Whoa! That's a pretty sexy scene there. :shocked2: I can't imagined Park Eun Bin and Rowoon doing a scene like that so I won't prepare myself for something we won't get. :niu:

I also can't see this happening on a major station or with the actors...I'll be just be surprised if they decide to go with the book version :heiboi:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

In today's teaser I think i already fell in love with the background song that they used this time. It will be part of the OST I guessed. The song embodied the mischievousness of Ji Woon towards King Lee Hwi but at the same time heart  fluttering.

What I love most about Rowoon's acting is his micro expressions that can add a whole lot in his expressions. 

Now, can Rowoon sing an OST too? 

October 11 come faster palli!!

Edited by cess4evah
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
30 minutes ago, cess4evah said:

Now, can Rowoon sing an OST too?

I join you in this wish. I had wanted him to sing one for Sunbae. Being in a band of so many members, he never got to sing all the lyrics in a song so this is his only chance to sing a full song.

1 hour ago, JenL said:

I look forward to the role reversals and RW as concubine! 

LOL, it tickles me thinking of this. RW being a concubine for King Eun Bin :lmao2: 

I'll be jealous but I'm also entertained.

• Haha 4
17 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I join you in this wish. I had wanted him to sing one for Sunbae. Being in a band of so many members, he never got to sing all the lyrics in a song so this is his only chance to sing a full song.

Been wondering also what's stopping him to sing one of his drama's OST. As far as we know he really has a soulful voice. I love his singing specially the Lover's who Hesitate by Jannabi. He nailed that version. Too bad he isn't singing. 

On the other note:

Eun Bin is so hardworking in promoting the drama by posting in her IG. I find her cute. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

img.gif

img.gif

img.gif

source

36 minutes ago, cess4evah said:

On the other note:

Eun Bin is so hardworking in promoting the drama by posting in her IG. I find her cute.

Hahaha I think she must have learnt from her former co-star, Kim Min Jae who is master in promotion. Rowoon should work harder in promoting his own drama. Tsk tsk. Hahaha. He really doesn't update his IG enough.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
48 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha I think she must have learnt from her former co-star, Kim Min Jae who is master in promotion. Rowoon should work harder in promoting his own drama. Tsk tsk. Hahaha. He really doesn't update his IG enough.

I remember Seo Jun with Rowoon. They are so lazy in promoting their drama. Or let me rephrase my word not lazy but they are not really fond in posting in their IG LOL. Actually Rowoona and Seo Jun when it comes to principles life they have so many similarities. This maybe the reason i got drawn to Rowoon. LOL

Yeonmo is coming. This drama is testing my patience to wait. :popcorn:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
1 hour ago, cess4evah said:

I remember Seo Jun with Rowoon. They are so lazy in promoting their drama. Or let me rephrase my word not lazy but they are not really fond in posting in their IG LOL. Actually Rowoona and Seo Jun when it comes to principles life they have so many similarities. This maybe the reason i got drawn to Rowoon. LOL

Yeonmo is coming. This drama is testing my patience to wait.

Rowoon must have heard our complaint. He promoted using IG Story :laugh:

• Haha 6