The King's Affection 연모 [2021]

19 hours ago, cess4evah said:

I hope no one will get mad at me but I like actor Rowoon more rather then Idol Rowoon LOL

This is :1000: percent me. I don't care for idols until I notice them as actors or in roles/ dramas I like 

17 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@Alice Wonderland Your question before about whether Eun Bin is married. Yes, she is. Concubine #1

Wow...really!!! How did she keep her identity as a woman under wraps??? :thinking:

17 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I guess that's the effect the show wants, for Ji Woon to think "Oh this chona is tiny, cute, adorable and vulnerable! Wait, why am feeling this way."

A la Coffee Prince style.

Then there will lots of high tension between them, as well as self doubt and torture over the attraction. I look forward to it :wow2:

17 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Not that PEB is not feminine, but among many cross dressing FLs I have seen, she's quite convincing as the King. Like I could accept that she is guy. LOL!

I think it's because PEB has always had that level of cool. Most of her characters have been quite diverse and quirky. I think DYLBs is the most girly of her characters that I've seen. :BulbaOWO:

53 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I swear Rowoon has been obsessed with making heart shape with his co-stars since Extraordinary You! 

Hahaha so true. But also the fact they all did heart hands with each other made me think of the 5 way love triangle (pentagon? Star?) in Do You Like Brahms? LOL Those were such complicated relationships in that drama. :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@Alice Wonderland @cess4evah Look at his long eyelashes! :pandalove:

I'm still at the corner appreciating his beauty :BulbaOWO:. My goodness, this young man I cannot even say the word now. And his nose. I have been always fascinated how perfect his nose is. I'm swooning while working LOL. They are so cute, Eun Bin is really pretty, I am starting to really appreciate her. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Come check it out before it gets blocked!!

I cannot believe that that's something we have to worry about with this drama. Can they promote a little better?! :cry:

Regardless, the BTS was so cute! Park Eun Bin looks so cool as the crown prince. :cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
23 minutes ago, JenL said:

Wow...really!!! How did she keep her identity as a woman under wraps?

Hahahaha! I think I have to clarify the woman beside Eun Bin is the Crown Princess. So she's the official wife and from my knowledge for a king to sleep their official wives, there are process to follow. They have to choose the right date and lots of preparation for this day. Everything needs to be recorded too. 

So in say, The Moon that Embraces the Sun, Kim Soo Hyun always fake sick to avoid sleeping his Queen. In The Crowned Clown, the Crown Prince also never consummated with his Crown Princess. Same for 100 Days My Prince, D.O didn't want to sleep his wife and they all find excuses to avoid that one night. Once they dodge it, the Palace has to find that auspicious day for the consummation again.

Royalty consummation is not about pleasure at all but duties so there will be eunuchs around the bedroom. It's pretty shocking.

7 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Regardless, the BTS was so cute! Park Eun Bin looks so cool as the crown prince. 

Yeah, I'm so looking forward to her, Rowoon and this show!

20 minutes ago, cess4evah said:

And his nose. I have been always fascinated how perfect his nose is. I'm swooning while working LOL. They are so cute, Eun Bin is really pretty, I am starting to really appreciate her.

I literally jumped out of my bed today when I switch on my mobile & saw Rowoon's character poster is out! :love: I'm still swooning too. Eun Bin is awesome. You should check her out in Do You Like Brahms?. If it's not her who played that role, I don't think I'd like the character at all.

:heiboi: I'm just gonna sit here and wait for VIP Giffers to make lots and lots of gorgeous Affection gifs :brb:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
20 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I literally jumped out of my bed today when I switch on my mobile & saw Rowoon's character poster is out! :love: I'm still swooning too. Eun Bin is awesome. You should check her out in Do You Like Brahms?. If it's not her who played that role, I don't think I'd like the character at all.

:heiboi: I'm just gonna sit here and wait for VIP Giffers to make lots and lots of gorgeous Affection gifs :brb:

He's close to perfection I guessed. I had to somehow delayed my class because I cannot help myself but to smile with those beautiful posters. 

I already watch Do You Like Brahms. I kinda enjoyed it but not really my cup of tea. Instead, I enjoyed her in Stove League.

I'm with you, just gonna sit enjoying beautiful GIF's while waiting for October 11 to come.  

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

2021.09.24 Park Eun Bin, SF9’s Rowoon, And More Show Their Unique Colors In Character Posters For “The King’s Affection”

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “The King’s Affection” has released new character posters of its six leads!

Based on the manhwa (Korean comic) of the same name, “The King’s Affection” will tell the story of a pair of royal twins, one male and one female. Although the sister is initially abandoned for being female, she later disguises herself as a man to become the crown prince when her brother dies. Park Eun Bin will star in the drama as Lee Hwi, the crown prince with a shocking secret, while SF9’s Rowoon will star as male lead Jung Ji Woon, who is Lee Hwi’s teacher.

Park-Eun-Bin1.jpgCrown prince Lee Hwi’s poster is enveloped by a powerful red color. Lee Hwi hides a great secret, but the poster represents her resolve to powerfully and firmly protect her place. With her proper posture and sharp dress, the poster also captures Lee Hwi’s level-headed temperament. Nevertheless, even behind her strength, there’s a hint of sadness in her gaze.

Rowoon1.jpg

Lee Hwi’s teacher Jung Ji Woon is enshrouded in an alluring purple light in his poster as he showcases a charming smile. Although he’s full of a mysterious and extravagant air, there’s danger within that no one can dare defy. Jung Ji Woon also harbors loneliness because of the person he can’t get closer to.

Nam-Yoon-Su.jpg

The poster for Lee Hyun (Nam Yoon Su), who is a member of the royal family, is filled with a warm orange light that alludes to his calm and gentle personality. Like the color orange, which has just the right amount of warmth, Lee Hyun knows to maintain reasonable limits. Although he also has someone whom he cares for, Lee Hyun knows it’s a path he shouldn’t take.

Byungchan.jpg

Lee Hwi’s faithful and dependable bodyguard Kim Ga On (VICTON’s Byungchan) is portrayed with a dark brown color. Kim Ga On’s unwavering gaze appears even more charismatic due to the overall tone of the poster. Never letting his guard down, Kim Ga On also hides a unique story.

Bae-Yoon-Kyung.jpg

Shin So Eun (Bae Yoon Kyung), the only child of the Minister of Personnel, is bathed in a refreshing light blue color while Noh Ha Kyung (DIA’s Jung Chaeyeon), the youngest daughter of the Minister of War, is shrouded in deep purple. Shin So Eun ambitiously shares her beliefs, while Noh Ha Kyung has an innocent and gentle heart. Although the two have contrasting personalities, they’re both very honest with their feelings. Shin So Eun and Noh Ha Kyung will add both tension and a refreshing energy to the romance to make the drama even richer.

Jung-Chaeyeon.jpg

The drama’s production team commented, “Through the beautiful, traditional Korean colors, the posters capture the trademark traits that each of the characters have. Each of their different innate colors will vividly come to life within the drama. Furthermore, the romantic combinations they create as they mix together will definitely be novel. Please show lots of interest and anticipation ahead of the October 11 premiere.”

“The King’s Affection” will premiere on October 11 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

source

On 9/24/2021 at 2:12 PM, cess4evah said:

I already watch Do You Like Brahms. I kinda enjoyed it but not really my cup of tea. Instead, I enjoyed her in Stove League.

Oh yes. She was awesome in Hot Stove League too. A huge contrast between the two characters she played. I like both. One day I really need to pluck up the courage to watch her in The Ghost Detective :pandascared:

On 9/24/2021 at 2:14 PM, Alice Wonderland said:

They pick the cast in the same range, all are looking beautiful and handsome. I think the two men aside from Rowoon are actors I've ever watched in mini-drama or web-drama. They seems familiar. 

Nam Yoon Su is a supporting actor I've come across before but VICTON's Byunghun I do not know. I'm terrible with idols if these idols just started acting. I think the only exception is Ong Seong Woo - I immediately am taken with him after watching him in Moment of 18.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@Alice Wonderland @cess4evah Look at his long eyelashes! :pandalove:

Well I know you will be happy if he does one more thing for you which is to cry beautifully. 

As for me...he knows what he needs to do to make me happy...:heiboi:

The cast have great visuals!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

1 minute ago, mademoiselle said:

You're finally here! 😭😭😭😭

Yes I had class this morning , and I could not multitask like normal ! ahahahah

Just realise that PEB is noona to both her present & previous MLs. But she's got that super young look (like never age) that you cannot tell that she is older. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

@Alice Wonderland Press Con is October 8 live broadcast begins 14:00 KST. Should be on KBS YouTube except with KBS blocking everything, I don't know international viewers can view it or not.

@abs-oluteM I'm glad it's holiday for me else I don't think I can concentrate on work at all with how distracted I was this afternoon!

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Just realise that PEB is noona to both her present & previous MLs. But she's got that super young look (like never age) that you cannot tell that she is older.

LOL, Asian genes. :P

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2021.09.25 Nam Yoon Su Shares Reasons For Starring In “The King’s Affection,” Thoughts About The Drama, And More

nam-yoon-su-1.jpg

Get ready to see a new side of Nam Yoon Su in MBC’s upcoming drama “The King’s Affection”!

Based on the manhwa (Korean comic) of the same name, “The King’s Affection” will tell the story of a pair of royal twins, one male and one female. Although the sister is initially abandoned for being female, she later disguises herself as a man to become the crown prince when her brother dies. Park Eun Bin will star in the drama as Lee Hwi, the crown prince with a shocking secret, while SF9‘s Rowoon will star as male lead Jung Ji Woon, who is Lee Hwi’s teacher.

Nam Yoon Su takes the role of Lee Hyun. As a member of the royal family, he excels in both education and martial arts. He has a calm and gentle personality as well as a strong sense of justice. Although he has someone whom he cares for, Lee Hyun knows it’s a path he shouldn’t take. The actor described his character as someone who is like a “big, reliable tree.”

Spoiler

nam-yoon-su-2.jpg

When asked why he decided to appear in a historical drama for the first time, he answered, “I thought I’d be able to act while learning something new.” He added that Lee Hyun is an unpredictable character, and his lines made his heart skip a beat. Therefore, he decided to step up to the challenge despite the fact that it would be a difficult one. Currently, he is growing as an actor on the drama set with the thoughtful consideration of his cast and crew.

Lastly, Nam Yoon Su talked about the drama, saying, “I think it’ll be a drama where you can experience various kinds of entertainment in a perfect narrative.”

Spoiler

nam-yoon-su-3.jpg

“The King’s Affection” will premiere on October 11 at 9:30 p.m. KST. Check out the latest teaser for the drama here!

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3

2021.09.26 Extraordinary You's co-star, Lee Jae Wook sends coffee truck to Rowoon

FAJMSOFVQAEDL_9?format=jpg&name=medium

Horizontal banner: Support for all staff and actors of YeonMo.

Vertical banner: Lady first Ji Woonie 2 reflectors

FAJMSOKVQAAUNSm?format=jpg&name=medium

Cup case: Lady Seok Woo ♥

Look @JenL it's Jae Wook's turn this time!

LMAO... is he calling ma boy a concubine so he said "lady"? :lmao2:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 3
On 9/24/2021 at 1:48 PM, mademoiselle said:

There are process to follow. They have to choose the right date and lots of preparation for this day. Everything needs to be recorded too. 

Once they dodge it, the Palace has to find that auspicious day for the consummation again.

Royalty consummation is not about pleasure at all but duties so there will be eunuchs around the bedroom. It's pretty shocking.

This is really not fun and kinda humiliating in my opinion...everyone knows if you did the deed or not. There is definitely no excitement or sponatanity or romance in this at all. Even less so for the concucines than the King, although it sounds like pressure for both of them.

:lettalKWA::lettalKWA::lettalKWA:

57 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Extraordinary You's co-star, Lee Jae Wook sends coffee truck to Rowoon

Horizontal banner: Support for all staff and actors of YeonMo.

Vertical banner: Lady first Ji Woonie 2 reflectors

Cup case: Lady Seok Wook ♥

Look @JenL it's Jae Wook's turn this time!

LMAO... is he calling ma boy a concubine so he said "lady"? :lmao2:

OMGGGGGG I love them both so much!!!! :hearties::hearties::hearties:

Also the way they make digs at each other is so funny :laugh: Like you make fun of my bangs, I'm gonna call you a concubine! 

Also that yoghurty thing looks delicious :wow:

• Haha 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

3 hours ago, JenL said:

This is really not fun and kinda humiliating in my opinion...everyone knows if you did the deed or not. There is definitely no excitement or sponatanity or romance in this at all. Even less so for the concucines than the King, although it sounds like pressure for both of them.

I think being the Queen is never about love, romance because the wife has the duty of producing an heir for the King. I'm not exactly sure how Joseon does it. Couldn't find the rituals/process from Google however we know Korea inherits some tradition from China, so more or less it would be similar. I also remember coming across a movie called The Concubine where Kim Dong Wook was seen in so much pressure performing his duty and eunuchs were there to "guide" him.

For China, different dynasties have different rules. The clearest is Qing. You can read more of it → HERE

• Insightful 1