The King's Affection 연모 [2021]

2021.11.29 Rowoon's IG Update

FFWV5yBaAAAmorn?format=jpg&name=large

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

They are the worst among the other channels. Even with BTS etc. 

Yeah loh~ have to rely on the actors and staffs to promote the drama themselves. BTS is once a week except because they block countries so we cannot see. It's the same for me for The Red Sleeve.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 2
12 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

But reading the Naver recaps, it is quite a politics heavy episode too 

Couldn't understand much so didn't pay attention but I get the gist of it. I was waiting for the scene where she was about to get attacked. I wanted to know who will save her and get hurt 🤣

E16 Preview

The uncle is not dead!!! But looks like the good Guard will die. 🤧 I'm not liking this. How to fight against evil grandpa if good guys keep dying?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Sad 3
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

E16 Preview

The uncle is not dead!!! But looks like the good Guard will die. 🤧 I'm not liking this. How to fight against evil grandpa if good guys keep dying?

Oh no.... so many things I don't like from this very short preview alone... :nervous:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

A quick recap of Eps 16

On this day, Noh Ha-kyung (Jung Chae-yeon) visited the palace with Shin So-eun (Bae Yoon-kyung), and to Jeong Ji-woon who came across them , "Can you stop by the Junggung Palace if you have a little time? It'll be just a moment."

Afterwards, at the tea party, Noh Ha-kyung tried to connect Jung Ji-woon and Shin So-eun. 

Queen Ha Kyung  “I heard that the two of them had a relationship before. To meet again by chance like this, isn't fate truly magical." Jungjeon is excited and tries to connect Jiwoon and Soeun, raising the mood.

At this time, some sweet treat was prepared at the order of Hwi (Park Eun-bin), and Eunuch Hong Nae-kwan (Ko Gyu-pil) delivered the prepared tea himself.  Queen  said, “Jeong Ju-seo (referring to Ji Woon)  seems to be full of soul, but how come you don’t have a mate yet?” She openly tries to bond with So-eun.

As the atmosphere flows around Ji-Woon and So-Eun, Hong Nae-Kwan glares at Ji-Woon and openly expresses his uncomfortable feelings. While Ji-Woon is confused, Queen leaves for a while saying she has something to give So-Eun.

Ji Woon said to So Eun “I didn’t know you were in the palace… When did you return from Onyang?” In an awkward atmosphere, So-eun spoke to Ji-woon first, and Ji-woon said, "Actually, quite a few things happened." 

So-eun, who had already experienced rejection of her confession, said, "It seems that the Queen has  misunderstood our relationship and made this place for us." She said, considering the discomfort that Jiwoon would feel. 

To Ji-woon, who was about to leave after saying hello, So-eun said, "When I last saw the master (you) , I kept thinking that I might have made you uncomfortable with  my  one sided emotions." 

Ji-woon, noticing So-eun's anxiety, said, "Welcome back. It must have been a difficult choice for you to return to a place where you suffered hardships, but please do not blame yourself and keep yourself well.” This warm advice made So-eun cry.

---------------------------------

Lee Hwi seemed to be concerned  about the refreshments of Jung Ji-Woon and Shin So-Eun (Bae Yoon-Kyung). Afterwards, she met Jung Ji-woon and she asked, "Why are you here? The refreshments at the Queen's place must not have been finished yet. Did you enjoy the refreshments?"

To this, Jung Ji-woon said, "Thank you for sending the tea, I ate it well. Your Majesty," Lee Hwi made a meaningful expression, saying, "I didn't send it to you . I sent it to the Queen." Seeing this, Jung Ji-woon said, "Why are you like this? What did I do wrong?" And then he smiled.

When Lee Hwi asked why he was laughing, he said, "I feel so good because it seems that your Highness is jealous." Lee Hwi showed a bewildered look, saying, "Me? Who is jealous. Don't be mistaken ."

----------------------------------

Seeing Lee Hyun (Nam Yoon-soo) in the palace, Lee Hwi called him up. Lee Hwi told Lee Hyun, "Are you very busy these days? You don't even show your face these days."

She also asked, "Since I was little, my brother has been the most comfortable with me and the person I have relied on the most. Can't you continue to treat me comfortably in the future?" Then, she asked, "I don't know how to treat you, too, since you are having a hard time with me. Would you be greedy if I asked you to stay by my side as a good older brother and your closest friend in the future?"

Hearing this, Lee Hyun hid his feelings, saying,  " Of course I will. Are you not my eternal master?"

-------------------------------------

After that, Jung Ji-woon came to visit Lee Hwi. He said, "According to the records of Seungjeongwon's diary, it is written that the poison that caused the death of the former king  causes paralysis ." He continued, "It is a poison that is more toxic than parasiticidal and has a similar post-mortem reaction. However, I have heard that it is extremely difficult to obtain."

In response to the death of Yoon Hyung-seol (Kim Jae-cheol), Lee Hwi shared with Jeong Ji-woon, "It seems like I keep getting lost in the fog. If I run to this place thinking it's the destination, the destination is just that far away. I've been continuously , and now I feel like I am lost even on where I'm supposed to go. Can I find my way again?"

Hearing this, Jung Ji-woon said, "If there is a place you want to go to, we will get there someday.

------------------------------------

Prince Wonsan realized that Lee Hwi was a twin, and ordered his uncle Prince Changwoon (Kim Seo-ha) to attack her to confirm his gender. Jung Ji-woon protected Lee Hwi from the sudden attack, but it was revealed that Lee Hwi's shirt was untied and bandaged by the sword that Chang Woong was wielding. At the moment of crisis, Jeong Seok-jo (Bae Soo-bin) appeared. Will he save them? 

'Lovely Mother' Rowoon embraces Park Eun-bin in crisis... Bae Soo-bin joins the support force?

d1471aee-5b22-4a20-a8a7-c14af5497e4f.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@mademoiselle that VICTON diary is so much better than the interview I’ve been waiting for 😄 His right cheek dimples so unique... quite high and rather towards the back. 

Gosh, I’m not sure if I am up to watching ep.16 or not. I think I will need to read spoilers to prepare my heart of the angsty stuff. 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Episode 15 - 16

As expected Ji Woon still doesn't know Hwi is his Dam-i. We have 4 episodes left so I hope he finds out soon and have time to brood (at his Dad).

8c83313e91ea15816669708a2398e69616407032

And LOL, the cheeky and cheery Ji Woon is back now that he's been bestowed favour by the King and officially become Hwi's mistress :laugh:, I mean, unofficial concubine. It's funny how I saw on Twitter today someone called him Jung Concubine. Guess I'm not the only one who pokes fun in this. Given how the way the kiss was executed, it's hard NOT to see it that way.

However happy times only last a week because looks like next week, in order to remain beside Dam-i and not raise suspicion, Ji Woon agrees to go through marriage and that someone is most likely Shin So Eun. Geesh, please don't ruin ANOTHER woman's whole life, Show. I'd be upset if Ji Woon really goes through with this wedding. And this reminds me a picture I saw from staff's IG. It looks almost like a wedding ceremonial (a table of decoration + food for wedding), only this was at their little secret place. So this led me to wonder if they secretly officiated and married each other with Heaven (and probably Eunuch Hong) as their witness.

The politics have kicked in but I honestly don't see how Dam-i is able to indict Minister Han with so little people able to help her. If I were her, I wouldn't trust any of the servants placed near her knowing that the closest eunuch of the former King was the one who poisoned him! Great that she was able to get Minister Shin to return and immediately he did some damage to Minister Han but that doesn't quite hurt a fly. And the plan of taking down Grandpa just got harder because the most trusted Royal Guard is dead and dead Uncle is NOT dead. I really wish he gets killed at the end of episode 16, but noooooo, he survived and gets to tell everyone including Hyun's brother whose name I just can never remember that she's a woman. Sighhhhh.

Also Lee Hyun has been avoiding Dam-i since she was made King. He seems to be up to something himself so I can only hope he's collecting evidences against Minister Han. The trio should just combine forces again rather than being awkward with each other (3 ways).

Maybe at the end of the day, Dam-i is never meant to take down Grandpa herself. Maybe with her own secret exposed that causes evil Grandpa's downfall.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2