Be My Dream Family 속아도 꿈결 [2021]

XRdJp_4c.jpg?v=1

KBS1 Monday to Friday, premiere 29th March

Story

The series, directed by Kim Jeong-gyoo and written by Yeo Myung-jae, revolves around two culturally different families becoming one when their parents remarry.

Main Role

0vvxKs.jpg
Choi Jung Woo as Geum Jong Hwa
e8DDYs.jpg
Park Joon Geum as Kang Mo Ran
1ADrz_5s.jpg
Ham Eun Jung as Han Da Bal
exrgW_5s.jpg
Wang Ji Hye as Han Geu Roo
JpJ6Xs.jpg
Joo Ah Reum as Min Ga Eun

Support Role

Ryu Jin as Geum Sang Baek
Park Tam Hee as In Young Hye
Kim In Yi as Geum Min Ah
Ok Jin Uk as Geum Min Seo 
Im Hyung Joon as  Geum Sang Goo
Yoon Hae Young as  Oh Min Hee
Lee Tae Goo as Geum Sang Min
Lee Go Eun as Min Sol
Yang So Min as Yoo Young Ki
Cho Han Gyeol as Lim Heon
Park Jae Jung as Choi Ji Wan
Ryan as Hyun Shi Woon
Yoo Jang Young as Lee Je Moon
Ha Ji Young as Kim Ji Yeon
Edited by Nohamahmoud2002
  • Like 1
  • Party! 1

In the first episode we meet the Male lead. He is dreaming of his grannie. He has twins, a boy and a girl. He is jobless and wanted to go fishing. So he saves money in a foot spa machine. His wife sees the money when she is selling the machine. His dad likes their new neighbour, an old woman. That is how the episode ends.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

The English title of this drama is so different from the Korean, I didn't recognize this thread was for this drama. The Korean title roughly translates to "Even If You're Being Fooled, Not a Chance". To paraphrase that phrase roughly means there there is no chance, not even if you are willing to be fooled or swindled.

So far, it seems like a funny drama, but I'm sure the angst will come up soon enough. The married couple already seem like quite a pair, even on their honeymoon trip.

• Like 3

I started watching this drama for Ham Eun Jung. I mostly watch any drama with her in it. She is so talented.

First episode was hilarious. I kinda feel sad for the father. He ( Geum Jong Hwa) his sons seem very selfish and he is always doing stuff for them but they rather use him. When he is with his wife and her girls he seems so much hapier. 

Hi @stroppyse @Nohamahmoud2002 I am here too. 

I am on episode 7 now going to continue now. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

My favorite scene from episode 19 @stroppyse @Nohamahmoud2002

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148868b958a0227e959fcb9

I was wondering who they were going to pair Han Da Bal. Do you guys think it is Choi Ji Wan?? She will help him get closer with his son. 

Spoiler

• Like 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

14 minutes ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

@UnniSara I really don't watch these days, got hooked by Navirella. The good thing about daily drama is that I can skip some episodes and still guess what happened lol.

I totally understand, lately these daily drama’s have are such a big disappointment. I miss the old dailies. They had better content for sure, it kinda made sense. @Nohamahmoud2002

• Like 3

13 hours ago, UnniSara said:

Teen Pregnancy 

Even though it's being played as comedy, it feels rather tragic.

The baby daddy seems to be a bit clueless and immature, and definitely not someone that the girl can depend on.

The girl has gotten into Seoul National University, which is the premier university in the country, but she won't be able to attend as a mother. Her acceptance into SNU is her mother's only point of pride right now as the mother finds herself being pushed to the side at work, and for some reason, the mother seems to be the only breadwinner in the family right now, so the mother is going to be devastated on a number of fronts.

Anyway, not entirely sure about all of the pairings, but this blended family is going to have a number of trainwrecks. At least, it feels like it so far.

I do like the older couple who just got married, though. They seem like a good couple, though possibly not exactly knowing what they've gotten themselves into. I had to laugh when the husband just wants to chill at home, but his wife is all energy and doing this and that.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 4/26/2021 at 6:10 AM, UnniSara said:

Hey @stroppyse @Nohamahmoud2002 

Teen Pregnancy 

I watched this part. Did the mother know or not yet?

I really like to know if the grandma will help? She is a wise cheerful person. I like her. She understands the real man behind the angry father. She brings out the best in him. Somehow I imagine her reaction towards the teen girl's pregnancy. She is unconventional.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

I watched this part. Did the mother know or not yet?

I really like to know if the grandma will help? She is a wise cheerful person. I like her. She understands the real man behind the angry father. She brings out the best in him. Somehow I imagine her reaction towards the teen girl's pregnancy. She is unconventional.

The mother knows in the recent episode but at that particular time the father and brother was the first to find out about the pregnancy.

I also think the grandmother will help because she is a real cool person. Awwww

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Feeling funny without this daily drama airing this week.   Read somewhere one the cast Covid positive and there will be a possibility change in storyline.   Makes me wonder which actor… shoot it’s good so far hate to see it detour because of this virus.  Oh well life these days are abnormal.

Min Ah doesn’t look pregnant.  I think the costume design failed in this area.  can hardly notice the pregnancy. 

since Min Hee and YM both are leaving there husbands. I hope to see a bond build between them.  It’s a shame that finiancial  status has been a barrier of the two them becoming close.  hopefully they can develop a emotional bond on this level.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mizv said:

Read somewhere one the cast Covid positive and there will be a possibility change in storyline.  

Oh no! Where did you read that there will be a change in the storyline? That means one of the cast members may not be available if it's changing the story line.

I have to admit that I'm a bit hit and miss on this drama though I'm still watching it, though a bit behind in episodes right now. Still, it seemed as if all of the story lines were progressing.

6 hours ago, Mizv said:

Min Ah doesn’t look pregnant.  I think the costume design failed in this area.  can hardly notice the pregnancy. 

Agreed. I would have thought she would be further along by now.

6 hours ago, Mizv said:

since Min Hee and YM both are leaving there husbands. I hope to see a bond build between them.

Who is YM? I was expecting MHee to leave Sang Goo at some stage since he's such an uncaring husband. You don't mean Young Hye, do you?  I would be shocked if YH left Sang Baek.

I see I really have to catch up on this drama.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

You don't mean Young Hye, do you?  I would be shocked if YH left Sang Baek.

Yes  correct it’s YH, she is having an mental breakdown. 
Not to spoil the storyline for you.  it’s not serious. Its not 100% broke up since she hasn’t actually stepped foot out the door. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Mizv said:

Yes  correct it’s YH, she is having an mental breakdown. 
Not to spoil the storyline for you.  it’s not serious. Its not 100% broke up since she hasn’t actually stepped foot out the door. 

Oh wow! Then again, YH definitely seemed headed for a stress breakdown.

As you mentioned, I would hope that YH and MHee are able to become better friends.

I had a hard time figuring SG and MHee out actually. I assume that he married her when she was a hot, young, rising star actress. And, now that she is older and the roles are harder to come by, he just seems so unsupportive and mean to her. I wonder if there was ever a time when he was nice to her. Perhaps during their courtship?

Anyway, I think that MHee leaving SG may cause him to do some soul searching eventually? I would hope that they are able to be a couple again since they do still seem to care about each other, but with SG being a nicer husband to MHee.

• Like 1

I started binge-watching this drama a few days ago and now all caught up! Didn't skip any episode...

Really enjoyed the drama so much and I didn't know a thread been created for this dailies, haha... It's been a while since I enjoy watching a dailies without having to pull my hair. Literally laughed out loud here and there once in a while, and teared up too during the more touching moments. Had the most laughs watching the youngest couple. So oblivious and just in their own world. The recent episodes even showing them to always being glued together while walking... 

My favourite character would have to be Oh Min Hee. I hope she will become the great actress she always wished/claimed to be, haha...

It's sad that we won't have any episodes for a while as the cast (and crew?) go into isolation for a while due to one cast's covid infection. Hopefully all of them is and will be well. And looks like it will be longer wait due to the Tokyo Olympic broadcast, giving them more time to rest/recover. Maybe I shouldn't have binge-watched till the latest episode, haha... but I can't stop myself...

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

HI @ktcjdrama, nice to see you on this thread. This drama was unexpectedly engaging. It's too bad about the pause, but safety is first. Can't wait to see where they will take the storylines now.

3 hours ago, Mizv said:

Feel so bad for Min Hee.  Her hubby is a JERK.

Totally! He may blame it all on his father and all, but he's still someone who grew up to be a jerk and is continuing to choose to be a jerk. I think he probably does care for MHee, however, he thinks that she can't live without him. I'm glad that she's leaving him. He needs to learn to appreciate her more and stop being so dismissive of her and her talents. I hope she does become a successful actress again on her own rights, though it sounds as if she might need an acting coach to help her perhaps. In one of the earlier episodes, she was accused of overacting some.

Still, she should be supported by her husband, not belittled by him. Plus, I also hope that she is able to become closer to YH and possibly her other in-laws as well.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

@stroppyse @UnniSara @Mizv @Nohamahmoud2002 There are new episodes already. 

I love that we finally see Sang Min smiling a lot with his new job. I feel like since the beginning he was always looking so lost. He also gained some confidence to speak up in a friendly way to that annoying Lee guy in the company... Sigh, but watching live now is so slowwww... I miss the ability to binge-watch it, haha...

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

14 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

@stroppyse @UnniSara @Mizv @Nohamahmoud2002 There are new episodes already. 

I love that we finally see Sang Min smiling a lot with his new job. I feel like since the beginning he was always looking so lost. He also gained some confidence to speak up in a friendly way to that annoying Lee guy in the company... Sigh, but watching live now is so slowwww... I miss the ability to binge-watch it, haha...

New episodes??? I guess now that the Olympics are over, the dramas are finally starting to normalize. I had better go watch/catch up now before I post again. Thanks!

• Like 1