Master of My Own 请叫我总监 [2022]

@movingwheel @NiteWalker Not always. Be My Princess is a modern drama and they were dubbed. The disappointment @IpohBanana, @abs-oluteM, and I went through because they dubbed the male lead (we all love his real voice). :jiminbtssigh:

The trailer having English subs is a good sign that we might get subs for this drama! Also, @abs-oluteM, do you have Viu? They are subbing too. 

I guess even is Youku doesn't sub, we will get it on Viki and Viu (eventually the third party websites will get it from Viki/Viu too). 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Tofuthanks for pointing that out! I think in all honesty, when the ML has an accent that is really hard to comprehend or is jarring because of it's difference from other voices in a drama (here's looking at you WC in Becase of Love), they should dub it. After watching the entire Be My Princess, though initially I was really upset to not have Jeremy's own voice, I could understand the rationale for using the Voice Actor. Though for the heck of it, I would have liked Jeremy to do a short section, to see what he would have sounded like. The role of Be My Princess required the subtle difference in intonation and characterisation for MY and MTZ, and I truly wonder whether JX could have done it. It's one thing to act, and another to dub/ VO; I say that in all fairness after listening to Yang Mi dub her own voice in last year's costume drama, that it takes years to hone that kind of expertise or a discerning ear/ability to be able to do it well.

Am really glad that ST and KL are doing their own voices here. I would say KL has the right kind of voice for this character and ST, too!

9 hours and counting, though this really goes against my own rules of watching while it has just aired. [hhmm, can I resist the temptation??]

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
1 hour ago, IpohBanana said:

9 hours and counting, though this really goes against my own rules of watching while it has just aired. [hhmm, can I resist the temptation??]

I know! Who are you and what have you done with the real IpohBanana, who always wait until there are at least a couple of episodes before she starts?! :lmao2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Tofu said:

@movingwheel @NiteWalker Not always. Be My Princess is a modern drama and they were dubbed. The disappointment @IpohBanana, @abs-oluteM, and I went through because they dubbed the male lead (we all love his real voice). :jiminbtssigh:

exactly....so i really dunno where their ruling come from?

trying to create more jobs for their citizen?

• Like 2

@movingwheel @NiteWalker @Tofu The broadcast will start at 18:00 on April 26, VIP will get to view 2 episodes per day for 9 consecutive days, a total of 18 episodes! After that, 2 episodes will be updated every Monday to Wednesday. (if my calculation is right, for 32 eps, it should end on Monday, 23 May)

@Tofu I will take up the challenge! I will start on 3 May, the first day of Hari Raya (LOL) when E15-16. is out

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
2 hours ago, movingwheel said:

@NiteWalker has it been released?

I think once it airs, it'll be uploaded here: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLATwx1z00HsdjSYEiQQ89kU8ChqhkeRca

Youku will probably provide subs because they have [Multi Subs] as part of the heading of the YT playlist. 

5 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

I will take up the challenge! I will start on 3 May, the first day of Hari Raya (LOL) when E15-16. is out

LOL! I will start a bit later this week and by the time you catch up, I will be where you are (with my snail viewing and all).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@NiteWalker indeed, still in time for me to marathon during Raya break, but far fewer eps than I had hoped for. [fingers crossed no further postponement]

Btw, just saw on a YTber's channel,

Spoiler

江山為聘, a novel that has been reportedly adapted for an upcoming drama. Rumour has it that they are courting our UTP co-stars, Da Ren (Allen Ren) and Seven Tan as ML and FL. 

The premise of the story is pretty interesting. You can get a sypnosis here https://www.hetushu.com/book/2442/index.html
AR will play a crown prince and ST will be a court official, whom he saved when she was near-death, and has climbed her way up the political ladder by being ruthless and scheming, so she can be his equal. The novel has a HE, but let's see what the drama will bring.

Capture72cc3462861a45f0.jpg

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

I think it's been pushed back to 29....no wonder I couldn't find it anywhere...

No wonder....I was waiting for this and my usual site didn't have it. Haiz. Okay something to binge for the upcoming long weekend

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am