Master of My Own 请叫我总监 [2022]

@abs-oluteM I think I am liking it .... As of now I am not awwed but it's too soon.... But i love it and i will continue watching.

I think it takes a lot of patience and tenacity to hold your ground and still not losing faith on her own calibre when the only thing she hears is how she is born to be a secretary.

This is going to be amazing ride.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

@movingwheel @IpohBanana I caught the 1st eps on Youku's YT channel. Quite nice. Good banter & chemistry between them. At first I thought  he's going to be like the boss from hell but he isn't so bad. He values her work and what she does but the issue is that she has never intended to stay just as the secretary. She's got more ambition than that and wants to be moved to the Project Department. Also he belittles the work of PAs like her, thinking it's just a walk in the park when clearly he can be quite hard to please. Anyhow I am glad she stood up for herself. By the end of episode 1 , she's intending somehow to make her own dreams come true. 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM there is a say in the episode that Lu Jiming does not mean most of the things he say ! like , he says that he wants tea but he actually wants coffee... 

he will be pretty harsh towards TSY character Ning Meng but in the end he will transfer her to projects department but The employees there will create issue. The way she is treated is pretty harsh. I just want this period to end for me to see her really flourish.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

On 4/27/2022 at 12:06 AM, NiteWalker said:

cross my fingers for this then.....

current SongYun filming 'RoadtoHome' with Jing BoRan

Wait quick question, have this been confirm? Cause I was watching both of them in Welcome back to sound, and I just thinking, this is the pairing I need

• Like 2

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

@SilverMoonTea they are actually venture capitalists who finds out projects to invest on.... its investment banking...u invest in a start up and that start up first becomes unicorn and then go for Public listing....that's when investment bankers earn money from whatever they have invested....investment is done in millions...first round is seed round and then series A , Series B , Series C etc....

• Insightful 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

I have only watched till eps 2 and he's still not taking her requests to move to the Project department seriously. I wasn't too happy that he was belittling her and not giving her chance reach her potentials.  Can't wait for her to boss him around later on :laugh:

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Any good? @NiteWalker @SilverMoonTea @abs-oluteM

I noticed LGX starting to uses his own voice since To Love. LGX has a very strong DongBei's accent which is can be difficult to understand even to Mandarin native speakers. He looks more handsome by drama though....:love: LGX has been pairing with petite girls since MBQ, he needs to slouches his 186 frame to accommodates the 150-ish cute girls....:wow:

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
5 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

It's quite funny Osmanthus, especially the ep 1 itself. I like them bickering & quarel. And that height difference between them is quite cute. He's a bit too much in belittling her career choice, and I found her too dilligent at times .... haha....

I think romance will take long time to progress. They really look like an enemy more than a lover lols... But definitely the sparks is there too. I think TSY really have something special on her, she always managed to create chemistry with all her co-stars. 

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

9 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Any good? @NiteWalker @SilverMoonTea @abs-oluteM

I noticed LGX starting to uses his own voice since To Love. LGX has a very strong DongBei's accent which is can be difficult to understand even to Mandarin native speakers. He looks more handsome by drama though....:love: LGX has been pairing with petite girls since MBQ, he needs to slouches his 186 frame to accommodates the 150-ish cute girls....:wow:

The leads are good and match quite well so far. Plus I always like LGX. Storywise , I am only 2 episodes in , can't really tell if it is good. So far from what I have seen , their interactions are quite funny. 

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

i am liking the story line.... specifically Ning Meng's growth as an investor.....

I wonder when Lu Jiming will understand that he gives Ning Meng a lot more importance in his life that he gives himself credit for !!!!

Best part is clothes TSY is wearing AFTER MAKEOVER.... I want each one of that...lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

On 5/4/2022 at 12:20 AM, movingwheel said:

I wonder when Lu Jiming will understand that he gives Ning Meng a lot more importance in his life that he gives himself credit for !!!!

I am up to eps 4 but you're right. Initially, I thought he was upset she wanted to go to the Project Dept  purely because Ning Meng was so efficient and no one else could handle him the way she did. But there's an unspoken affection he has for her. For one, I was surprised that he let her go though it was a 2 month deal. And he kept secretly checking to see if she was doing ok. 

Unfortunately, the Project Dept is full of snakes and I don't know if this will aide NM's growth. Also that Tian Tian woman is so annoying. He can't get too mad at her since they are childhood buddies and she has a stake in the company.  Yes, every show needs to have one this irritating 2nd lead love interests.

3 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

So far he's still quite abusive :lol: If this a real life he's a walking red flag.

What episode are you up to? Abusive with his words? As in he's quite harsh? Yes, till where I am he's still pretty much a "jerk"  in the way he talks to her but perhaps I prefer that he's at least frank about what he thinks and isn't hypocritical. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

5 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

What episode are you up to? Abusive with his words? As in he's quite harsh? Yes, till where I am he's still pretty much a "jerk"  in the way he talks to her but perhaps I prefer that he's at least frank about what he thinks and isn't hypocritical. 

I'm already at ep 11, this time he really make a mistake of belittled her. Granted it because he's jealous with her university friend. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@abs-oluteM i am at ep 13 and he still is jerk but its clear he clearly cares for NM. all of these are because he was annoyed because she is out with another investor !!! he has some clearly weird way to vent out his frustration... :D although its demeaning but yet I could not stop laugh..

On and BTW , Tian Tian gets positive....she is not 2nd female lead...she is his frnd..!!! and she becomes closer frnd to NM ...both of his frnds actually...

KEep watching !!! I ain't gonna divulge anything else ;)

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

@movingwheel @SilverMoonTea I will continue as I do love the leads and I am also very invested in NM's journey. I was so happy that in eps 5 that she quit that toxic place. The sort of treatment she is getting is a form of bullying and I cannot see her learn or thrive in anyway there. Considering he brushed her off like that when she was trying to tell him about the shenanigans that his senior execs are up to ( especially Mr Qiu), I am quite sure the company will be having a lot of internal problems soon. 

• Like 2

Once NM quits her job, this drama gets sooooo much better.  I feel like I'm flying through episodes now.  Prior to that, I just kept wanting to slap LSJ.  I don't like the way he belittled her (and still does sometimes) - saying things like, "You're not made to be an investor," "You'll only ever amount to a secretary."  I can't wait until she serves him the largest serving of humble pie.  

As it is, now that she's no longer working for him and not holding back with her words, I'm finally able to enjoy their bickering.  Haha.  

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

1 hour ago, themarchioness said:

Once NM quits her job, this drama gets sooooo much better.  I feel like I'm flying through episodes now.  Prior to that, I just kept wanting to slap LSJ.  I don't like the way he belittled her (and still does sometimes) - saying things like, "You're not made to be an investor," "You'll only ever amount to a secretary."  I can't wait until she serves him the largest serving of humble pie.  

As it is, now that she's no longer working for him and not holding back with her words, I'm finally able to enjoy their bickering.  Haha.  

Completely agree with you on this. So far am up to eps 8. And now that she's working for Miss Shi ( who's just been such an amazing "fairy god mother" to her) , things are finally looking up . There was a point just before she quit where I really wanted to slap him myself. 

But I can't wait for her to realise that she actually has the upper hand in this "relationship" with LSJ. I am sure she can tell he seems to find all sorts of excuses to see her or to have direct contact - especially now that they are on the same project. 

36 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I really like ep 12 & 13 @movingwheel, finally we have some progress. And their business trip is really chaotic :laugh: I love it so much as finally it focused on both of them and not all about works. 

This couple really have the cutest bickering ever. 

After eps 6, it is quite addictive. I may actually be all caught up by the weekend! 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2