Master of My Own 请叫我总监 [2022]

31 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

After eps 6, it is quite addictive. I may actually be all caught up by the weekend! 

Ep 14 is just sooo amazing... 

Now I already so ahead :cry: Tomorrow need to wait until midnight for new episode... 

LGX has a lot of expression in this drama, I really enjoyed seeing him , so cute. The pair is so much better than Bargain Queen. Their progress is very organic. Actually when they work together for 3 years seems they really keep it pure business only. But they did make a lot of bonding, including she taking care of his father. Now he also start to learn a lot of new things about NM as well. 

The second couple also so endearing, I love both of them. Didn't see it coming. TT really stay true to her word, that she already outlist MM from her love list 😅

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

And now that she's working for Miss Shi ( who's just been such an amazing "fairy god mother" to her) , things are finally looking up .

She really is a gem. I like how she encourages NM to be confident and to have faith in herself. I also like how she gives NM space to grow, encourages her to have her own thoughts, and respects those opinions!  Even when she's disappointed in NM, she treats it like a teachable moment, and seeks to find answers for herself first before blaming NM outright and casting stones.  It's such a world of difference and really, it's how new talent should be cultivated.  

I won't deny.  There's a part of me that's waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I can't help it.  It's the drama watcher in me.  Years of drama watching has groomed me to keep one eye on the back of my head at all times and to expect the out of left field backstab.  :laugh:  That said I'm really hoping that will never be the case with NM's new boss because she's just so awesome and encouraging.  I think she really means it when she says she sees herself in NM and wants to be for NM, the mentor she wished she'd had when she was coming up in this field.  

The other reason I don't think Miss Shi will turn out to be a backstabber (please, please, please don't let that happen, please let us like her always, please) is because I think you can tell a lot about a person's character just by looking at the people around them.  NM's new company is much friendlier, open, and collaborative.  Even the office is designed with that purpose - I love how they have an "energy bar," where everyone can gather for a break and raise their plants together.  People apologize when mistakes happen versus looking for a way to shift blame.  People reach out, answer questions, offer help.  This is how a high functioning office should be run.  Also, it's in the details... for example, notice how in meetings, Miss Shi doesn't place herself at the end of the table.  Rather she sits in the middle amidst her team and she highlights when people do well so that everyone can celebrate in the achievement, and not to make everyone feel like they're in a rat race against each other.  

LJM may be a genius investor, but he has some learning to do in his leadership skills department... just sayin'... 

Edited by themarchioness
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

@SilverMoonTea I keep watching that boat scene.... everytime I could not stop laughing at it..... i mean he just self invited himself and now he is complaining how she does not know how to paddle.... even he was doing it wrong.... but too proud to accept that...and then complaining why did she choose this place to meet etc etc....it was funny as hell.... :D :D :D

• Haha 3

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

4 hours ago, movingwheel said:

@SilverMoonTea I keep watching that boat scene.... everytime I could not stop laughing at it..... i mean he just self invited himself and now he is complaining how she does not know how to paddle.... even he was doing it wrong.... but too proud to accept that...and then complaining why did she choose this place to meet etc etc....it was funny as hell.... :D :D :D

Many people commenting on how they able to get to the middle of the lake at the first place :laugh: 

I was laughing too when he's just circling around ... And at the end when she ignored his hand it's kind of satisfying 😅

His birthday plan also quite funny. He's clearly excited when NM call him about his schedule, but when he knew its actually invitation from his family, he pretended to be busy 🤣 and only want to come if NM attend 😅

In the end he ate noodle at NM's place lols, and I can tell you he's very blissful and end up ate so many bowls 😅

What we're going to do with this proud man? Seems he himself not clear what's going on with his own feelings. HH already noticed, but he's still in denial. Even his father also seems to sense it. 

• Heart Eyes 3

@SilverMoonTea i know right??? it was hella funny to see how he was so ready to say he is completely free on his birthday then suddenly takes an 180 degree turn that he is not free... and he will only go if NM goes with him...

Remember how he struggled to say a simple sorry ??? 

YEs noodles scene was too good , He was blissful , at peace as if there will never be any other place he would like himself to be... he was so full... but most importantly how he was happy and content when NM wished him happy birthday !

How annoyed he looked when NM said that her relationship with Su Wei Ran cannot only be described as Like.... it is much more than that !!! lol..

I wonder how sad he will feel when he sees that they are really dating ! I think this old girl frnd returned only to make him realise that the peacefulness and happiness that he feels with NM is far beyond what he had with this woman !

• Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

34 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

@SilverMoonTea 

How annoyed he looked when NM said that her relationship with Su Wei Ran cannot only be described as Like.... it is much more than that !!! lol..

Btw do you think SWR guy is evil? Aside than his jealousy, I'm not sure if LJM initial assesment about him is true or not. He said he doesn't like him lols... I really hoping he won't hurt NM, but something felt a bit off with him, like even he's keep calling and spend time with her, but the connection just not there and felt off. Probably it's purposely by the script or the actor not effective. But I think by NM said she hope senior kept his younger and brighter self could be a premonition. 

34 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

I think this old girl frnd returned only to make him realise that the peacefulness and happiness that he feels with NM is far beyond what he had with this woman !

There is no cdrama without any evil woman as third wheel. I want to know how bad this one is 😅 and what trick she has in her sleeves. From the story it seems she kept MM hopes up while she herself engaged. 

Btw where is @IpohBanana? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@SilverMoonTea need to watch today's episode to know the woman's stand..

SWR Guy has some bad hobnob in my opinion....probably thats the reason why he looks this hideous. and also if you check promos & trailers , we can see that LJM is actually packing her things in office. Probably in future , there will a situation be , where Lu JiMing has to leave Joint Capital. Now I don't know how these people will accelerate these stuff...

• Like 3

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

@SilverMoonTea I have temporarily given my attention to ZLS and YY, I adore her portrayal and am looking forward to her kick-ass General scenes which should be this coming Sunday-Monday, ending on Tuesday 17 May (Sad to know her brother was assasinated, I really like that actor, wish he had more scenes). I still think someone's comment of YY on youtube is quite apt, there are scenes when I believe he's HFX and scenes where I feel he is still YY (meaning he hasn't completely immersed himself into the character). But ZLS is a completely different story altogether and I am really looking forward to more from her (fingers crossed the upcoming one with Wu Lei will premiere soon, hhmm that will be an interesting pairing).

I've caught a few teeny scenes of MOMO and will prolly start on Thursday when there are no new episodes for WRTW. Ooh, the kiss scene looks hot!!! I really have very little experience with KL, and I must say the little I've watched, he's doing a pretty good job of this role. 

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@SilverMoonTea I did watch today's episodes.... The second love does not seem like an obstacle or anything for that matter as of now. Apparently she had a break up and she decided to come back. And lu jiming is busy giving her most attention that he completely forgot about Ning Meng. She decides to move out of her house. It's a very good episode as far as Ning Meng arc is concerned. Story wise a significant developments in Ning Meng character but nothing for lu jiming.

@IpohBanana that's why I keep complaining about ZLS screen time.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

Not much OTP moments in ep 17 & 18. I felt a bit sad for NM, as she finally realised her feelings for LJM and want to get away from it :cry: 

I need to see LJM suffer more because he's such an ignorant guy 😂

But from here we can see how nice LJM treat HYM, and it's because she was there for him during his difficult childhood. It seems this time we might not have an evil 3rd wheeling lady here 😅 She also seems to take anti depressant pill, eventhough she downplayed it by saying it's just to help her sleeping. 

Eventhough the separation in these episodes a bit hard to watch, but I felt it's necessary especially for NM to find out her own strength. As of LJM  he seems started to feel her cold shoulder treatment and will finally found what he's missing out. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@SilverMoonTea I saw the last two episodes. both of them decide to date Han Yi Meng and Su Wei Ran separately. I would not say Date , they are giving chance to each other. But during this whole episode , they go for movie separately. LJM sees NM with SWR and the whole movie , he kept looking at her. He is so salty. Not much screenspace in 19 & 20 either. 

And i did not see any preview for ep 21 & 22. IF you find it , pls do share.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

On 5/4/2022 at 12:20 AM, movingwheel said:

Best part is clothes TSY is wearing AFTER MAKEOVER.... I want each one of that...lol

the label will you her for you if u really went to buy each and everyone of it....lols...

On 5/6/2022 at 10:12 PM, themarchioness said:

Once NM quits her job, this drama gets sooooo much better.  I feel like I'm flying through episodes now.  Prior to that, I just kept wanting to slap LSJ.  I don't like the way he belittled her (and still does sometimes) - saying things like, "You're not made to be an investor," "You'll only ever amount to a secretary."  I can't wait until she serves him the largest serving of humble pie.  

As it is, now that she's no longer working for him and not holding back with her words, I'm finally able to enjoy their bickering.  Haha.  

i told @SilverMoonTea the same thing that it will be explosive when he need to swallow that pride of his!

14 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I need to see LJM suffer more because he's such an ignorant guy 😂

somehow i wonder why does it always make our day when we see the ML suffer? :laugh:

• Haha 4
  • Party! 1
16 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

somehow i wonder why does it always make our day when we see the ML suffer? :laugh:

I saw the trailer he swallow his jealousy at cinema and it's so satisfying :lol: I hope for more scenes like that 😂 

He's a very funny and weird character, and borderline towards annoying at most. Luckily LGX played it well, I can see if other actor playing it and not correct it can easily become hateful character.

• Haha 3
  • Tasty 1