Master of My Own 请叫我总监 [2022]

@SilverMoonTea I came here after watching the trailer for tonight's episodes. Even from that short snippet and some previews of his really arrogant and unlikeable personality, I enjoyed watching him get jealous, having to swallow his pride and deal with his own inner demons. Her final question to him is the typical wake-up call/ challenge of "Who are you to me that you can give me that kind of advice?" The one that either compels him to pull her in close for that darn kiss or will eventually lead to it.

But there's more to come, isn't there?

Spoiler

If I am not mistaken, he will start of all over again? And his self-esteem will suffer a blow when he discovers her upper class family background? And he will turn away from her but she will stand by him? 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

@themarchioness @SilverMoonTea he proposes to her... clear straight.... she rejects him...actually what happens is NM and SWR visits their college together , reminisces about past and he asks her to be his girl frnd...she says that she just came out of break up and she is not ready for it. SWR kinda pests that we will figure out together or something like that and he agrees... LJM realises his feelings and the moment it clicks on , he visits NM and tells her how he feels.....she tells him that she is already dating SWR... he asks her whether he has lost his chance....she says yes...it was heart breaking..probably it was needed for all the time he behaved badly with NM. 

But his face broke my heart. He goes to pensive mood , loses weight etc... life becomes dull for him....

so 23-24 will probably be NM breaking it up with SWR due to his anger issues...lets see how things shape up !

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

8 hours ago, movingwheel said:

@themarchioness i like this drama but Color palette could have been a bit more vibrant... Specifically Lu JiMing house.... everytime they show it , I feel like depressed...

Thats what you get with a character like LJM. 😝 But please don’t let the artist give his house a makeover. We might get yellow walls with polka dots! 

• Haha 4
  • Shocked 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

@SilverMoonTea come on , he is not precious...he was just missing Ning Meng. soon he will have a lot in his plate.

This drama is not just NM's journey , it is also LJM's journey...romance will always be on backfoot... now is the turn for NM to help LJM out. his father will probably die in ep 25 or 26 and then the journey from bankruptcy to finding footing tgoether will happen I believe..

@themarchioness investment banking and polka dot socks are a lethal combination..!!! :D :D

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

I'm rather surprised at how funny this show is. I am a fan but Lin Gengxin is really good in his delivery here. He's naturally very funny. When Lu Jiming's best friend, Zeng Yuhang told him that he should apologize to Ning Meng, Jiming stared at him as if he was suggesting an entirely foreign and novel idea. LOL.

Lu Jiming is a right royal jerk but he can be savagely funny. From time to time he manages to spit some truth bombs. He's no fool but he sure needs a filter. At least his friends keep him in line. He can be sweet but goodness when he's nasty, he lets fly. 

Personally I find Su Weiran rather bland. He's so low energy that if I had to watch him ride off into the sunset with Ning Meng, I'll be dozing off. He's so calm that it's creepy. I can't help wondering if Ning Meng decides to date him because he's not Lu Jiming. He is all intents and purposes Jiming's opposite. He's very complimentary but has very little charm or charisma. 

This is a much more interesting show than I expected. The whole venture capital side of things is more like detective work than I had realised.

• Clapping Hands 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

I love how LJM giving NM a prep talk of encouragement , and he's just looking at her from his car too... She seems so at ease by just talking to him, but not so when she's with SWR. But they're deceiving themself by saying they're a good friend now 😅 

NM can choose good investment on Mobi and Lehui and I felt it's because she like both of the founder work ethics and their view and they're basically also a good & respectful people. But surprisingly she choose to be SWR's girlfriend, I guess in this case LJM do a better job with assesing people in general. 

I generally tend to love drama that have character growth and we can see from both leads their progress and change, especially more on LJM side. 

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I'm rather surprised at how funny this show is. I am a fan but Lin Gengxin is really good in his delivery here. He's naturally very funny. When Lu Jiming's best friend, Zeng Yuhang told him that he should apologize to Ning Meng, Jiming stared at him as if he was suggesting an entirely foreign and novel idea. LOL.

I was actually quite worried about workplace romances of this length. I have dropped a number of such shows because the plots were just flat. And things got dragged out.  So far this drama has been quite interesting (fingers crossed it will stay that way) - maybe because I do understand what is going on with the investment stuff but more importantly the snappy dialogue between the leads make me laugh. LGX's comic timing is surprisingly good and natural, and I didn't think his pairing with TSY would work this well.

I just completed eps 15 , and this scene was comedy gold.  It was so funny as they bickered about stuff, denied their obvious feelings for each other  and tried to row the boat.  :laugh:

FSpMA-CakAI04tE?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

I love everything about eps 16 - even the fight with his father because it leads to this. The man had 3 helpings of the "bland" noodles. It's not the noodles , it's who made it. LJM just needs to realise his feelings. But darn it ...ex lover appears at the end . Let's see how this goes.

FSsTirWagAAcpia?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

@SilverMoonTea I've watched the last few episodes and I'm at E25. I'm happy to leave it like this for now, and not watch the earlier ones - I might just throw something at my computer screen if I do. :laugh: Though I know this is about a redemption arc for the ML, I am not in the mood to watch annoying or overbearing characters just yet. Wondering what will trigger NM to leave her beau, but the way at which E25 ended and the scene just before that might be a tell-tale sign. And I am itching to find out if NM's bestie's relationship will last.

Watching this drama makes me feel so grounded to reality (in relation to WRTW, which is at the other end of the reality spectrum) with the conversations and scenes that take place. To the person who casted KL, good job - his face alone already has won half the battle in portraying this character, coupled with his acting, I haven't doubted for a moment that he isn't LJM. 

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2