Glory of Special Forces 特战荣耀 [2022]

I’m all caught up to episode 8 and starting to see where this story is headed (but 58 episodes seem a long time to get there). This is going to be a recount narrative from Yan Poyue’s POV. I reckon it’s a good part about how we may all experience a common past but how we respond to it makes all the difference. So we’ve got it set up with YPY as the elite soldier with the smarts that serves his nation and people well; in the other corner of the ring is Xing Tian, who was also in the den of kidnapped children with YPY, but becomes the lackey of the drug cartel boss. 

At this point I can’t imagine there being any romance in this story, but it doesn’t matter for me either. I’m curious to see how YPY grows into the elite soldier he wants to become. I’m curious about why he even wants to become such a person, and how the kitchen squad seems to be hiding elite soldiers too. Beginning to have a different view of combat cooks… 

On a separate note - what’s it with Chinese make up artists? They’re alway painting very poorly matched foundations on their actors. Qiao Jingjing was whiter than she actually is, and now Yan Poyue has clearly a very fake bronzer on him, thick enough to be chiselled off his face! Why do they do that???

Edited by gilaswan
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, gilaswan said:

but 58 episodes seem a long time to get there

MDL says it’s 45 episodes…

Lol, I find myself focusing on the heavy bronzer action too! But then I figure there are worse things than staring hard at YY’s face… even if the bronzer does make my head tilt. 😂

• Haha 3

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

10 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Ah. Ok. Cos first post on this thread stated 58 episodes (!) maybe if they ran it in 30 min blocks, that’s what it would be. 45 episodes is just as long… 😂

58 may have been the original count that was floated around when the project was in discussions, but now that it’s officially airing, it’s 45. 

16 hours ago, gilaswan said:

and how the kitchen squad seems to be hiding elite soldiers too. Beginning to have a different view of combat cooks… 

Hehe, I think the kitchen squad is a good lesson - for YPY and the audience - on why we should never judge a book by its cover.  Some people may be there because it’s what best suits them, but others, like the leader, it’s because he was a former combat soldier who was injured and so he’s ended up there, making the best of the situation and still contributing to the combat squad in the best way that he can. But he still has skills to pass on and I love that YPY, during his year there, was able to benefit from that unconventional training. There’s a rhyme and a reason for everything, right? And I love how it is slowly revealed to YPY (and us) like layers around an onion — also the perfect description the kitchen squad leader gave for YPY.

Episode 10 ends in such a way that I feel like something ‘not good’ is going to happen when we pick back up with Episode 11. Thank goodness for these daily updates! Episode 9-10 was a thrill ride with the latest drill and contest. Although their commanding officer (sorry can’t remember all the ranks and titles) was especially harsh during this exercise, I can’t help but feel that he’s doing it because he knows his clock is ticking down, now that he’s asked to transfer. His time with these new soldiers is limited and he’s got to impart with them all that he can while he still can — and that’s especially true for YPY who, unfortunately, is so stubborn, thick, and set in his ways, the lessons don’t seem to gel unless he’s whacked over the head with it.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

I forgot to also say, Episode 10, I love how they still managed to give us a shot of YY’s abs without actually showing us the abs. If I could upload a screenshot I would, but if you watched the Ep, you’ll know what scene I’m talking about anyway. 😉🤣🔥🔥

• Haha 2

My Fanfics

On 4/9/2022 at 8:02 AM, themarchioness said:

I’m up to date on all the eps. I’m enjoying it more than I thought I would, actually. I’m not going to deny the eye candy drew me in, but I like a good story that involves personal growth, team development, and interesting back stories and each episode has built on that. Finally got to know a little bit about YY’s character’s background in Ep 6, and it’s still just the tip of the iceberg. It’s actually a pretty interesting story and I’m in for it, even if it turns out there’s no romance.

somehow i dunno why your idea of 'no romance' kinda appeal to me to watch the series hahahaha....

am i this bad.....

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, themarchioness said:

I forgot to also say, Episode 10, I love how they still managed to give us a shot of YY’s abs without actually showing us the abs. If I could upload a screenshot I would, but if you watched the Ep, you’ll know what scene I’m talking about anyway. 😉🤣🔥🔥

is this whatchu talkin' abouttt? 😜😂😂

FP4YzQMWQAIAMAO?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

I'm just done watching Episode 10. My my... things are getting exciting even though I don't quite like the scenes on the drug cartel. Just the look on those mercenaries' faces annoy me. I guess that just points to good casting and acting. I recommended the show to my dad and he said it's just the kind of stuff he enjoys. hahaha...

YPY still needs to get some of that arrogance whacked out of him. I feel like he shoulda stayed in the kitchen longer. Felt like the kungfu master of a squad leader had a lot more to teach him. YPY looked sad to hear that he would be retiring soon. Have we seen the last of Kitchen Squad? I hope not...

Wondering now what episode 11 will bring and what they found in the backpacks.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bai said:

is this whatchu talkin' abouttt? 😜😂😂

Hahaha, yes, @bai! Is there anything else to talk about after watching that scene? 😉

3 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

somehow i dunno why your idea of 'no romance' kinda appeal to me to watch the series hahahaha....

am i this bad.....

Watch it! You watched King’s Avatar, didn’t you? Personally, btw the two ‘no romances’ so far, I am enjoying this one more. I think you’ll like the story in this one. And with YY looking hawt, how can you resist?

• Haha 3

My Fanfics

1 hour ago, themarchioness said:

Hahaha, yes, @bai! Is there anything else to talk about after watching that scene? 😉

wooo the guess is true, I'm still behind currently catching up Idk what's happening on that scene yet 😂 on E09 rn

---

at first I'm really afraid this drama will be that kind of too much patriotism like propaganda something honestly but turns out I enjoyed it more than I thought. The backstory + how the plot will be centered around drug trafficking if I watch it by far till the E08

so it's more the nation vs drug problem? I'm having attachment to the plot now besides YPY development as soldier and the comrades relation is heart warming. This is good

YY's acting here as YPY feels hit & miss to me. There are many on point micro expressions x his posture, but also there are times when he acted over the top (he was trying so hard on this I can see) so the natural feeling is gone (too tense). BUT ngl it's really nice to see his range on this kinda far attached from 'idol drama' image, I feel this drama would be his transformation for future projects, hopefully.

And DANGG I'm gonna repeat the posture with those uniforms are ughhh + I think he nailed the moves, he was in military art school back then & time to shine out that. I'm wishing he could have chance on production like Reset something. Rooting~

• Like 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

10 hours ago, themarchioness said:

She hasn’t had much screen time so far anyway! 😝

oooo thats very promising....hahaha i will pick it up once it air more episodes then lols....

definitely for YY 

3 hours ago, bai said:

yes @NiteWalker, with the total of 9 months filming, LYT just had 2 weeks if I'm  not wrong remember it, or 2 months, so the character has less screen time

oh i didnt knew that...i knew the cast took around 1 year to finish the filming altogether.... 

17 hours ago, gilaswan said:

@NiteWalkerSo far, I can say there’s nothing about the supposed female lead here that seems - character-wise - appealing in any way. And her uniform looks so ill fitting on her actually. Looks like she’s wearing an oversized uniform meant for men. The men look so sharp in their ceremonial suits. Why can’t the women too? :/ 

which is why im telling you....C-Artist is getting too skinny....some of the artist are only left with bones in my eyes that their elegance and beauty is really gone...

i dunno why they are keeping their artist so thin....i mean yes they need to stay slim however just compare them with some Thai Artist / K-Artist, they are slim however they are nice to look at.....

sorry i'm getting a little off topic hahaha....i just wish i can feed them food!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

which is why im telling you....C-Artist is getting too skinny....some of the artist are only left with bones in my eyes that their elegance and beauty is really gone...

i dunno why they are keeping their artist so thin....i mean yes they need to stay slim however just compare them with some Thai Artist / K-Artist, they are slim however they are nice to look at.....

sorry i'm getting a little off topic hahaha....i just wish i can feed them food!!!

Because netizens are cruel! It feels like there has been an uptick in articles lately on how netizens have been fat-shaming various artists, male and female alike, and I find it really quite ridiculous.  I just read one today where a singer apologized for her stylists’ choice of wardrobe because fans said it made her look fat. I saw the pics. Where was the “fat”? And what kind of fans are those??? 

However these artists look, we should embrace them, and focus on what they bring to the screen via their talents and skills - and not just how big or small they are. I can’t imagine what it would be like to be an artist, to have my looks and appearance so constantly scrutinized. Good thing I’m not one and never will be. 😉

And sorry, I know, I really went off topic there but it was triggering in light of the article I’d just read earlier today which also made me feel sad for that singer. 

• Like 2

My Fanfics

@NiteWalker @themarchioness talkin' about that ah I feel the sameeee.. The standard of slim in netizens there are quite scary, makes me worry and want to just feed these public figures 🥺 OOT but

Spoiler

if you remember in You Are My Glory there is the scene where Qiao Jing Jing and her rival when shooting in the desert, right? HOW DO YOU CALL IT FAT OMG no please don't make it an obsession 😭😭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

1 hour ago, bai said:

@NiteWalker @themarchioness talkin' about that ah I feel the sameeee.. The standard of slim in netizens there are quite scary, makes me worry and want to just feed these public figures 🥺 OOT but

Reveal hidden contents

very true......really no eyes see hahahaha

• Like 1

@movingwheel yoo the writing of YPY character (well yeah he is 20 in the story but?? I'm at that age era too) sometimes gettin' my nerve. I get it they want to emphasize the development but I hope they bring more sense to him not being self decision while he just merely a paws of the leader in REAL encounters with enemy (episode when he killed enemy for the first time & that way it leads to his light PTSD)

tho I'm kinda like too how his extremely childish mind lead us to humane discussion, like, he is very in flaw after that event, when he woke up he didn't even think the comrade (squad leader condition), for example. By that he reflects hard.

---

phew this series are very well received in China now. It has breakthrough result of ratings for military dramas in the nation

---

I personally hate the way they still use old slow mo style for emphasizing heartful/sentimental moment. But the slow mo in action are really, really great. I like how their war scene shot:

I'm currently very happy with E15-16 because the drill shot is fantastic. It feels like Counter Strike/battle royale game mode in live action. I feel so immersed by the way they took that

+ the lone wolf jie character (played by Jiang Luxia) is out now. It gives much dynamic. I like the way it also touches topic about woman in this field. I like how YPY sees her as comrade AND finally his sense are good now. After the leader talking about she might be burden to team because she is woman, which is maybe just testing how YPY will react, I really like the situation & dialogues there:

"I don't have the right to make her compete with me. She has already passed the selection." (Then why she needs to compete with him because the leader still doubt her because she is a woman).

image.png

image.png

these two has tension. I'm kinda ship them LOL but well guess this could be no romance at all and I'm ok with that

• Like 3

G O O D  V I B E S