Liu Xue Yi as Mo Lingze
Zhao Yuan Yuan as Fang Qi
Gu Zi Cheng as Xu Wei
Li Si Qi as Lin Siyu
Chen Peng Wan Li as Wang Ji
Li Zi Feng as Fang Yunyi
Tian Yuan as Tang Xi

Synopsis:

As the night has fallen and the bustling offices have gone quiet, Xu Qing You and Mo Ling Ze first meet due to a misunderstanding.

White-collar worker Xu Qing You spends all year round working so much that it's always evening by the time she packs up to go home. She has been in a long-term relationship with Fan Yun Xi for ten years and was preparing for her wedding when she finds out that he cheated on her. Fan Yun Xi explains it was an accident yet Xu Qing You resolutely asks to break up.

At this time, Xu Qing You encounters Mo Ling Ze and they immediately start off on the wrong foot. Thinking that they'd never meet again, their paths cross when Mo Ling Ze takes over the business operations at the firm where Xu Qing You is an employee. Because of work, Xu Qing You can no longer avoid Mo Lingze whereas he becomes amused by her reaction. On one hand, Mo Ling Ze is headstrong yet shows just the right amount of concern for Xu Qing You. On the other hand, Fan Yun Xi is desperately trying to win her back. Coming to realize what she wants for herself, Xu Qing You decides to start her life anew.
(Source: Chinesedramainfo)

Official Sites:

Weibo l Baidu l Douban

• Like 1
  • Party! 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 11/7/2021 at 7:19 PM, NiteWalker said:

lets hope he isnt annoying....

He's not that annoying. He plays the female lead's younger brother who's in love with his sister's BFF. Since he's younger, there's hesitation that he won't be seen as a man in her eyes. It seems like the typical older girl, younger boy trope. Haha!

Regarding the main leads' love story, umm...it's ok. To be honest, I watched the first six episodes and I don't know if I'm going to continue. It's not bad but I'm not blown away by it either. 

The ex-fiancé's arc is a bit interesting. They broke up because he was caught cheating on her which he clarified that he was drunk at a work event. The ex-fiancé has done a lot for her family in the past 10 years that they've been together. She has a scene where she's crying and realizing that she has always been the one to travel to where he is -- working hard for their relationship. But is also seem like he's doing the same because he's always sending her food, picking her up, and also sending her vitamins if she's been busy with work. Anyway, they end up getting back together and we find out later that he's been grooming her for the last 10 years to do the things he wants from her. 

While all that stuff is going on with the ex-fiancé (now fiancé again) the main lead's love story is developing. They've had many unexpected encounters and he ends up being the vice president of the investment company that's helping out her workplace. The chemistry between them is pretty good though!

I think I'll watch the next two episodes and decide if I want to continue or not. :pandathink:

• Thanks 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

heay looks like everyone is here....hahahaha....i m following this.

The first 6 has me hooked. i go in because of Liu xue yi. he is sooooo good looking but previously mostly second male lead role in Ancient poetry and Love and redemption.

@Tofu i finished all 6. i think they have better chemistry than her and chengyi in the recent Stand by me ancient drama. i get the sizzling hot feel from this. he is obviously very into her by ep 6 but she even though attracted wanted to give the fiance and their relationship a last shot. it is like the forbidden love sort of troupe which is kinda interesting. i think both leads gave that feel of ohoh u are trouble but i still want to go near to the tip. can actually feel their attraction and dilemma.

The fiance is a jerk. he is doing it like she is a investment deal. everything is planned and has a motive. her bff is right. if he can cheat and so casually brush it off as an accident, the guy is very very dangerous. too cold and calculative and yet he can act so caring and sweet in front of her. it is just like i had been making effort to butter and icing my cake and i am not going let anyone eat it even though i m not so into it. she prob sense something is wrong. but just cant accept ppl changed.

Edited by SnT
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

WhatsApp-Image-2021-11-10-at-13.15.02.jp

credit: wetv

@SnT I told him, my computer, ahem " Here I am, take me." :wow: What a dark, smouldering look. 

I suspect we will see later on that there's more cheating going on with the fiance or more indecent behaviour. There was this conversation where he said he knows how to twirl her around his finger - what a scumbag. 

Oh, yesterday and today the episodes were released around noon, MY time, so I was hopping around in glee. Can't wait for noon tomorrow, from the previews, he's not gonna let that line stop him (if you've watched till E08, you know what I mean).

I agree, it's a bit of the forbidden fruit thingie, tastes tons better though (cackling away)!

Doubly agree, there's more chemistry between these two than with CY in SBM and I really hope this drama propels the ML forward, and that people recognise his abilities, so we get to see him more as ML.

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@IpohBananalove ep 7...the conversation between the two guys are so whoooffff one at the restaurant, one at the meeting and another one at the lobby lounge area...i mean it is intelligent....this is like two powerhouse (two lions warring)...one stating his claim, another one keeping his calm and waiting to make his move. I could feel MLZ felt shit every time he sees her with the fiance and everytime he state his claim, he is actually burning inside and upset but from the way he talks he is like pokerface and basically saying to FYX that i m gonna give u a run for your money...ahem your gal.

I think ML does a good job here of feeling the dilemma...he cant stop being so strongly drawn to her and could not seem to help himself whilst he knows he has to respect her and keep their distance. it is also a moral issue. if she is engaged and he decide to make the move, he is essentially trying to snatch someone's else fiancee/gf like being brand as the 3rd party in the relationship. i mean this contradiction and push n pull of emotion is quite well done in this drama. i find it more interesting than many dramas this year. i think ep 8 is where he is saying heck care i am done with that line thingy..if i am the one who can make u happy and treat u well, what do i care...cant wait for tomolo. 

I so totally agree that this actor need a boost to fan. he has it...look, skills and some maturity..def not the fanboy type of idol. this one and Zhan yung long, the SML actor in my roommate is a detective. these two i reckon need more attention!!!!!!

BTW anyone notice that this drama the FL has good budget for clothing. almost every ep she changed 3 x hahaha....

Edited by SnT
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@SnT that toilet scene was even more electrifying. I can imagine him regretting it later but at that point of time, being so compelled to tell her she's living a lie. AND that he will bear the consequences, come rain or shine. For someone practical like me, even I'm so drawn to that impulsive behaviour and recklessness. 

Spoiler

And taking the USB knowing it would give him the opportunity to spend time alone with her. Amazing, how his brain works. I'm all for such a smart, observant, and attentive guy.

This one for sure. Zhang Yun Long I certainly enjoyed the little screen time he had in Tears in Heaven but whether his acting is really as good as Liu Xue Yi, I dunno.

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 1
54 minutes ago, IpohBanana said:

@SnT that toilet scene was even more electrifying. I can imagine him regretting it later but at that point of time, being so compelled to tell her she's living a lie. AND that he will bear the consequences, come rain or shine. For someone practical like me, even I'm so drawn to that impulsive behaviour and recklessness. 

Hide contents

I lovethe toilet scene!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: as much as qing you pushing ling ze away but the end of the day he still around her. 

• Like 1

electrifying is the perfect word for it. it is like the magnetic field is so high u will be zapped even if u are near hahaha. like sexy yet they are not even touching one another..can see he kinda regretted being so out of control. 

i like it he tells the fiance. in merger and investment, u can be in control one moment but be controlled the next. so u never know. and he said to FYX u better understand your own position now hahaha..like know where u stand. definitely not an upper hand imo. and in the meeting he literally admit it...there are hard cases and they are easy cases...the recent case is a hard mode. hahaha....is he saying i m tackling ur gf hahaha...

But with MLZ, QY keep saying this type of man is hard to understand and not easy to have a relationship with them so she would rather not. which i think is true.. looking at the situation he is super very attracted to her but i dont see a situation of when he has gone head over heels of her. is it a case of harder to get then more interested, u just want what u cant have? fits a image of tough nut investment CEO...i havent got the feeling of falling in love though. and his buddies seems to point out that he is a player. so i havent really understand the MLZ character. what do you ladies think? Anyway, this is definitely a 'adult' relationship drama which makes the second leads relationship rather boring to me. i wish they can skip the two more. a little pointless.

I just watched ep 9 where he says the theory of pendulum...about how he will wait for her to move. what a deep type of guy. i tthink both guys have the element of strategising, scheming and ruthless to them. guess at the end it is who really does it out of love.

• Like 1

@SnT yes, he's smart and of course he thinks through his moves. So, it annoys him probably that she compels him to make such irrational choices or that she doesn't respond to him like other women have - a tough nut to crack, a challenge?

I kinda see our FL as the one that makes him wanna ditch his playboy tendencies and settle with one woman. The words "Taming of the Shrew" came to mind (from Shakespeare) but in this case, she doesn't really tame him but brings out the better side of him?

And the pendulum, I guess he's been making all the moves, and the ball's in her court, she'll have to make the move to decide whether to go to his side or not.

• Like 1

yeah i think u make perfect sense. he prob not really a playboy. just have too many gals throwing themselves at him. he does give an impression of a rather calm, rational and calculating his move type of person and since the day he met her, his moves are all off course. he is drawn when he is not suppose to. he does things he would normally not do.  talking about a gal getting under his skin.

but he is so looking. chisel and lean look. my first time seeing him in modern role. prev all the costume drama. drool...sigh...got to wait till next week and i really dislike the bro and bff getting so much screen time. almost 20 min of screen time in ep 10 is about the other two. i just want to our leads.

Are u guys doing Fall in Love. Boy the two male leads there are definitely drool worthy. and i think the story is getting more n more interesting too.

• Like 3

Enjoying this “forbidden” drama.  feeling sexual tension building up between the main leads.  have no interest in the side storylines… am currently in love with the FF button…my bad. when He said. STOP RUNNING AWAY.  Very cool he is trying to give her space. 

Spoiler

When they finally kiss, it better be good!

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Mizv said:

Enjoying this “forbidden” drama.  feeling sexual tension building up between the main leads.  have no interest in the side storylines… am currently in love with the FF button…my bad. when He said. STOP RUNNING AWAY.  Very cool he is trying to give her space. 

Hide contents

When they finally kiss, it better be good!

nice to see you over here too! :lenny:

I am actually liking this drama. You’re right, the sexual tension between the leads is definitely palpable and I cannot wait until XQY finally admits that she likes MLZ. They have great chemistry together. 

I don’t think that MLZ is a player. Rather, he is popular with women - meaning that women frequently approach him but it doesn’t seem to me like he reciprocates. He actually finds them bothersome. Which is why at that party with the “lottery”, he didn’t want to participate and it was his friends who had set him up. 

Him meeting XQY was a complete coincidence and I think he didn’t expect to be so attracted to her. It didn’t seem like he had any plans of pursuing her but he ended up falling for her and caring for her at some point. However, since XQY decided to get back with FYX, he can’t openly make a move since she was careful in setting boundaries with him. He’s pushing the envelope though and keeps crossing the line because of how much he likes her and also because he disagrees with her decision to get back with FYX. 

At this point I think they are both aware that they like each other. But XQY needs to sort out her feelings with FYX and realize on her own that she’s only with him for sentimental reasons. That’s the point MLZ was making - that although they have been together for 10 years, they’re actually strangers in a sense. They’ve grown apart without realizing it. MLZ actually knows more about XQY at this point compared to FYX. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

• 2 weeks later...