Hometown ChaChaCha 갯마을 차차차 [2021]

Some character descriptions of our leads via Soompi

https://www.soompi.com/article/1481353wpp/kim-seon-ho-transforms-into-charming-village-hero-for-new-drama-hometown-cha-cha-cha

A remake of the film “Mr. Hong,” “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha” is a romance drama starring Shin Min Ah as Yoon Hye Jin, a dentist who moves from Seoul to the seaside village of Gongjin, and Kim Seon Ho as Hong Doo Shik, an odd-job expert who helps everyone around town.

A warm character with handsome looks, Hong Doo Shik is a hero to the people of Gongjin as he helps them out with anything and everything around town. Although officially unemployed, he takes on plenty of odd jobs with his endless knowledge and skills in various fields.

In the first stills, Hong Doo Shik sports a casual outfit with a flannel top and jeans along with a backpack on one shoulder. One image gives a glimpse of his caring personality as he bends his knees to make eye contact with an elderly woman in the village.

Spoiler

kim-seon-ho.jpeg

----------------------------

https://www.soompi.com/article/1481007wpp/shin-min-ah-is-a-newcomer-at-a-seaside-village-in-upcoming-romance-drama-hometown-cha-cha-cha-with-kim-seon-ho

Since news of Shin Min Ah’s and Kim Seon Ho’s casting, viewers have been highly anticipating the romantic chemistry between the two actors as well as the heartwarming story that will unfold in the beautiful seaside village.

Shin Min Ah will be taking on the role of Yoon Hye Jin, who has both perfect looks and perfect credentials. Although she seems to be a princess who hasn’t suffered once in her life, Yoon Hye Jin is an icon of a self-made woman who made it through school with scholarships and part-time jobs. Money and success have become valuable to her, but even that’s lovable trait on Yoon Hye Jin.

In the newly released stills, viewers can feel the full extent of Shin Min Ah’s charm. The first photo shows Yoon Hye Jin’s professional side as a dentist, capturing a bright gaze that highlights her confident and sharp personality.

Spoiler

Shin-Min-Ah1.jpg

Another still portrays Yoon Hye Jin in an unfamiliar seaside village after leaving the city. Unlike her charismatic and imposing aura when she’s in her doctor’s gown, Yoon Hye Jin appears more uncertain in this new location. Her cute and innocent appearance is magnified as she carefully holds on to the Yakult drink someone hands her.

Spoiler

Shin-Min-Ah-31.jpg

Viewers are highly anticipating Shin Min Ah’s new transformation in the upcoming romance drama. The production team shared, “The character Yoon Hye Jin meets actress Shin Min Ah to complete a character that’s even more charming and lovable. You’ll be able to see a new side of actress Shin Min Ah that you didn’t know about before. Viewers can look forward to it.”

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I wonder how closely they will follow the movie. This was the synopsis: 

cr: https://mydramalist.com/1693-mr.-hong

Hong Doo Shik, there is something special about him. He's a good-looking 31-year-old man who knows everything and knows how to do everything: He's a delivery man for a Chinese restaurant. He's a clerk at a convenience store. And he's even a singer at a live cafe! Yoon Hye Jin is a righteous perfectionist and also a dentist. She gets fired when her 'supposed-to-be-threatening' resignation is accepted by the board. She then moves to a small rural town to open up her own clinic.

But, something about each other draws them closer. First of all, Mr. Handy is a good fighter. He can fight like one of those Matrix characters. Second, he has a warm heart. It seems like he lives in a world that is different from hers. Thus she can't help but think about him. Hye Jin is so damn loud. But sometimes, in a strange way, she sounds like a bird chirping...sounds like rhythmic beats. He can't help but think about her

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@mademoiselle are they literally going to dance the cha cha cha??? :lol:

God bless this person on the comment section who gave translations - credit Beulin Rhitsy. 

[Title: City woman, Shin Min Ah, is having a fling with seaside town guy, Kim Seon Ho?] [Calm seaside town]

Shin Min Ah: I will practice medicine with conscience and dignity. ---: We could use some customers today...!

Kim Seon Ho: Listen carefully... Whatever the work, pay me the minimum wage, 8720 won. __

[The meeting of opposite man and woman]

Kim Seon Ho: There is a rumor around, that you are running around wearing long johns.

Shin Min Ah: It's leggings you know...

Shin Min Ah: [Pretends to be ill]

Kim Seon Ho: [Checks temperature, temperature is normal]

[Start of a dispute!?] [Start of a fling]

Shin Min Ah: I'm like Kim Yuna (a figure skater), right?

Shin Min Ah: Excuse me, by chance, do you have a cha (car)? Kim Seon Ho: Cha? Ohh.. (Takes out tea, also pronounced as cha)

Shin Min Ah: Not that cha, but cha cha cha (signals driving)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

God bless this person on the comment section who gave translations - credit Beulin Rhitsy.

Ohh! I think she/he is also the one translating Devil Judge's pre-release cut.

3 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle are they literally going to dance the cha cha cha???

Hahaha I don't know but wouldn't mind another Cha Cha Cha scene (Kim Dong Wook already checked this one in You Are My Spring).

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Posting this here, so that you have a large close-up of these 2 lol.

The premise sounds like a Harlequin story, where they go from "enemies" to friends to lovers. It's typically my kind of romance story except I usually like them in the city and rich! Maybe Kim Seon Ho's character will have a pile of cash somewhere later lol.

So far the trailers look interesting. I hope the dialogue will be scintillating. Kim Seon Ho looks like he can carry this role very well. I've only watched Shin Min Ah in Chief of Staff but her role there is so-so, hope she's better here.

I have nothing to watch except Devil Judge which is finishing, so hope this will be good!

bbc8be28035f423babd0fb47a78fb0d8.jpeg?s=

Shin Min Ah And Kim Seon Ho Get Lost In Each Other’s Eyes In Sweet “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha” Poster

Aug 10, 2021 by U. Kim

tvN’s upcoming drama “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha” has revealed a poster of Shin Min Ah and Kim Seon Ho romantically gazing into each other’s eyes!

A remake of the film “Mr. Hong,” tvN’s “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha” is a romance drama starring Shin Min Ah as Yoon Hye Jin, a dentist who moves from Seoul to the seaside village of Gongjin, and Kim Seon Ho as Hong Doo Shik, an odd-job expert who helps everyone around town.

The city girl Yoon Hye Jin who has everything going for her meets the multi-talented seaside village boy Hong Doo Shik. Complete opposites in every way, the two bicker and fight whenever they run into each other, but they also become a source of support for one another at times and begin to develop a romantic relationship. Adding to the warm, healing quality of the drama are the stories the pair will create with the people of the seaside village.

Spoiler

In the main poster, Shin Min Ah and Kim Seon Ho draw attention with their intimate gazes and raise anticipation for their chemistry in the drama. The couple is sitting so close together that they can most likely hear each other’s hearts beating. Under the warm sunlight, Shin Min Ah softly places her hand on Kim Seon Ho’s shoulder while he looks back at her lovingly. Their common feature of having dimples makes the pair that much cuter together as they make sweet eye contact.

The text at the center of the poster reads, “The moment our hearts started to dance,” indicating the heart-fluttering feelings they have for one another.

hometown-cha-cha-cha1.jpeg

Source

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

I'm more excited for this after seeing the trailer now! :heart: I was planning to watch before, but not sure what to expect. This looks peaceful and kind of happy and cute :CharmanderYay: Also KSH looks so nice in this casual style. Thanks for the trailers @bairama!

* I only say "kind of happy" because I don't want too jinx this ending as you said the other romances you were looking forward to didn't go so well this year @abs-oluteM...I reserve judgement on how happy this drama is until the end :lenny:

Also I love when KSH's character pulls out all his skill cards/ qualifications in the trailer. Reminds me of the character in Hello! It's Me :laugh:

• Haha 1
  • Party! 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days