Hometown ChaChaCha 갯마을 차차차 [2021]

10 minutes ago, JenL said:

only say "kind of happy" because I don't want too jinx this ending as you said the other romances you were looking forward to didn't go so well this year @abs-oluteM...I reserve judgement on how happy this drama is until the end :lenny:

Yes me too . Summore @Tofu and I have watched 2 rom-coms together this year that had a less than desirable ending. Tofu says if this end badly , she and I cannot watch the same ones anymore or we will jinx it ! :psweatduck:

If they do follow the movie than I think it should be okay . But can we trust these writers??

• Haha 6

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

2 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Tofu and I have watched 2 rom-coms together this year that had a less than desirable ending. Tofu says if this end badly , she and I cannot watch the same ones anymore or we will jinx it ! :psweatduck:

If they do follow the movie than I think it should be okay . But can we trust these writers??

Hahaha, what was the other one? Oh Master:thinking:

I'm glad you don't think it's me...when I watched the end of MMH, I was like, Have I brought the curse of DDSSLLS here?! :shocked: (since it was an oddly similar train wreck)...but then I didn't watch Oh Master, so can't be me :laugh: 

Anyway fingers and toes crossed for happy ending like original for Hometown Chachacha then!

• Haha 6

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

9 hours ago, Tofu said:

Oh wait, maybe I am the curse! :scaredpanda2: I watched DDSSLLS with @JenL and that ended horribly. Then I watched the drama who shall be named and MMH with @abs-oluteM and those did not have satisfying endings too. Maybe I have to wait until more than halfway to join so I don't end up jinxing this drama too. :laugh:

Hahahaha...but if the dramas are cursed with the endings, I think it means you should start watching with us but then not watch after the halfway mark since the quality declines from there :laugh: The torture would be never knowing the ending :heiboi:

It's ok @Tofu I don't think you're really cursed. I think a lot of Korean Rom Com writers just don't know how to end dramas :niu: That or they take out their anger on romance when they have break ups :laugh:

I'm praying hard that this one is well paced and pleasant :MewHi:

• Haha 6

BF.27234958.1.jpg

In the 2nd teaser  released, a rumor that made Hye-jin and Doo-shik's heart flutter began, and another romance tension was formed with the appearance of a new character Ji Sung-hyun (Lee Sang-i), which instantly fascinated prospective viewers. Hye-jin and Doo-sik grew closer to each other at some point. The bickering between the two continued, but Hyejin, who was looking at Dooshik's pink lips when he came to receive dental treatment, reflected for a moment , giving a foreboding that a change in feelings towards each other had begun.

Next, a scene that fits perfectly with the title of the drama, 'Village Cha Cha Cha', appeared, confirming Hye-Jin and Doo-Sik's romantic emotional change. The image of two people washing their feet together in a large rubber basin was drawn in slow motion, making it look like they were dancing to the BGM.

The immersion of prospective viewers was further heightened by the appearance of Ji Sung-hyun, who appeared with the phrase, 'The beginning of a new kind?!' Sung-hyun, who had a different relationship with Hye-jin in the past, couldn't hide his pleasure by saying, "How old are we?" Hye-jin responds with a lovely dimpled smile and hands him to eat more dumplings. Before the dumplings she handed over reached Sung-hyun, a sharp chopstick poked out of nowhere, saying, "This is the dumplings I've been steaming," and intercepted the dumpling and put it in his mouth. This is the  foretelling of the unusual relationship between these three people in the future. There is a lot of interest in whether Dusik's dumpling signal, which subtly shows his feelings, would work on Hyejin.

The chemistry of the three people was also impressive , in which Doo-shik and Sung-hyun keep each other in check, and who will Hye-jin's heart will turn to.  If Hyejin and Dooshik were like a good match, Hyejin and Sung-hyun reunited after 13 years conveyed a feeling of fresh excitement  reminiscent of their first love. The relationship between Doo-shik and Seong-hyeon is also worth noting here. After the first meeting, we can look forward to the chemistry of  the two men who became entangled with Hye-jin and  in the process start taking care of and checking on each other.

Article from: https://tenasia.hankyung.com/drama/article/2021081666834

• Like 6

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

I have put this drama on my list~~ but I think I'll watch it when it finishes airing.. and good thing I read some comments here now I know I don't need to 'spend' time watching MMH which I suppose refer to the drama with Kim Ji Seok?? Right @Tofu @abs-oluteM ? Glad I can cross one drama off my list! :KittyBan:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

1 hour ago, SnowBlob said:

MMH which I suppose refer to the drama with Kim Ji Seok??

In all honesty , it was a great drama till eps 15. The ending of ep 16 wasn't all bad but it is was so rushed given the conflict they brought up.

---------------------------

Character posters

E88_z2rWUAEcBGx?format=jpg&name=4096x409

E88_zFdVcL0PRVu?format=jpg&name=4096x409

E89AebJXoAMCjcw?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Character descriptions

http://www.stardailynews.co.kr/news/photo/202108/305274_350270_2341.jpg

Yoon Hye-jin (Shin Min-ah)

Shin Min-ah's character poster, who plays the role of Yoon Hye-jin, a dentist who is perfect both in specs and beauty, is lovely itself. The bright eyes staring at the camera and her trademark dimpled smile further accentuate Hyejin's lovely charm in the play. Shin Min-ah's happy expression, who seems to have everything in the world with a stack of lavender boxes, also attracts attention. As the 'Born2B Urban Woman' draws attention on how she will adapt in Gongjin, an unfamiliar sea village, it raises expectations about what kind of excitement Yoon Hye-jin will spread in the drama where urban charm and innocence coexist.

Hong Doo-sik (Kim Seon-ho)

Then, in Kim Seon-ho's character poster, the colorful certifications that he is showing off steal attention. Hong Doo-shik, the local hero of Gongjin-dong, who always shows up to help the villagers when something happens, is an all-around man where there is nothing he can't do. As if to prove his ability, his endlessly expanded qualifications make it possible to realize why he is known as a hero of Gongjin-dong. Although he is so talented, he is officially unemployed. Therefore, the phrase 'voluntarily all-around white beast' in the poster amplifies the curiosity about Hong Doo-sik's character.

Ji Sung-hyun (Lee Sang-i)

Lastly, Lee Sang-i, who takes on the role of Ji Sung-hyun, a star PD in the entertainment world, is exuding a gentle charisma with a warm but unwavering gaze. When the camera placed on a tripod leans comfortably, as if familiar, it feels professional and makes the warm-hearted image of a handsome man stand out even more. In particular, the phrase 'suddenly entered  Gongjin' stimulates interest in what reason he comes to Gongjin.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Wow Shin Min-ah still looking lovely as ever 😍

Last I saw her was in Oh My Venus with (my ex-oppa) So Ji-sub lol.

I’m glad Kim Seon-ho is playing the ML this time... my SLS in Start-Up was 😢

So ready for a rom-com - I think I haven’t watched one in awhile! Just not sure if I should watch it weekly as it airs or wait for more eps to be available before binging :heiboi:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

Soompi article on the Elle Pictorial

Shin Min Ah And Kim Seon Ho Share Why They Joined “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha,” What It’s Like To Work Together, And More

STYLE

Aug 18, 2021

by L. Kim

Shin Min Ah and Kim Seon Ho boasted incredible chemistry in their pictorial with fashion magazine Elle!

The two actors are currently filming “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha,” a romance drama that is a remake of the film “Mr. Hong.” Shin Min Ah will play Yoon Hye Jin, a dentist who moves from Seoul to the seaside village of Gongjin, and Kim Seon Ho will play Hong Doo Shik, an odd-job expert who helps everyone around town.

Ahead of the premiere, Shin Min Ah and Kim Seon Ho took part in a photo shoot where they displayed their bright and energetic vibes.

Following the photo shoot, they also took time for an interview with the magazine.

When asked why Shin Min Ah chose to star in “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha,” she explained, “It’s a warm story. The stories of every character, not just the main ones, are alive. During this time, I thought the viewers would want to meet this lovely story as much as I wanted to play a bright romantic comedy.”

The actress also talked about her teamwork with Kim Seon Ho. She said, “I was surprised that he did everything well, just like his character Hong Doo Shik who is good at everything. I know that Hong Doo Shik will be loved by many people. I’m grateful to [Kim Seon Ho] for always making me feel comfortable on the drama set.”

Kim Seon Ho shared what it’s like on the drama set, saying, “When I act as Hong Doo Shik, the director says ‘Okay’ even if my head looks like a bird nest. Even if my collar is turned upside down by the wind, we just keep filming. It’s fun to create the drama in a free and natural way.”

Regarding his co-star Shin Min Ah, he commented, “She’s very honest, and she has a lovely side. I’ve never seen her frown during filming. I think she’s someone with great capability.” Then he added, “Yoon Hye Jin is a cool person who has the courage and confidence to express herself honestly. I think that’s really attractive.”

• Like 6

15 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

During this time, I thought the viewers would want to meet this lovely story as much as I wanted to play a bright romantic comedy.”

I'm going to trust you, Shin Min Ah! Please do not disappointment me because if this drama is anything but a bright rom-com, I'm going to ban Korean rom-coms for awhile. :letalQQ:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
On 8/17/2021 at 10:53 AM, SnowBlob said:

I have put this drama on my list~~ but I think I'll watch it when it finishes airing.. and good thing I read some comments here now I know I don't need to 'spend' time watching MMH which I suppose refer to the drama with Kim Ji Seok?? Right @Tofu @abs-oluteM ? Glad I can cross one drama off my list! :KittyBan:

Hahahaha MMH was an enjoyable drama @SnowBlob. I'm not sure anyone trusts my opinion because I also loved Dodosolsollalasol which was the same type of lovely drama, but torturous ending. BUT I think you could easily stop MMH like 5-10 minutes before the end of episode 15 (ignore episode 16 or just watch the last 5 minutes of ep 16) and it could stand as a full drama with a happy ending like that. 

I've become very good at mentally editing the ending of K-drama endings for my own survival and peace of mind :idk: If I could read Korean, my dream job would be an editor for K-drama endings. I would force scripts to go back to re-write if I saw shocking endings (not sad endings, because sad stories can be done well, but actually poorly paced/ non-sensical endings) :heiboi:

On 8/17/2021 at 11:18 PM, im0202 said:

I’m glad Kim Seon-ho is playing the ML this time... my SLS in Start-Up was 😢

Hahaha I think everyone felt that way about Start Up ending  for HJP, eh? 

Glad he's looking so nice here...can't wait to see him every week :wow2:

14 hours ago, Tofu said:

I'm going to trust you, Shin Min Ah! Please do not disappointment me because if this drama is anything but a bright rom-com, I'm going to ban Korean rom-coms for awhile. 

Hahahaha... @Tofu let's pray :pandascared:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4