Havenites Dabang

17 hours ago, JenL said:

It is said that things like celebrity gossip often protect people like politicians and business people. Wouldn't be surprised if they help back things like Dispatch so that they can drop news when they need to distract the masses from bad political or business news. I mean, this news seems old, though it's juicy coz both celebrities are big names now.

Yeah that's what I've been reading (even shown in multiple dramas) that when politicians (or chaebols) want to hide their dirty laundry, they expose celebrity gossips to direct people's attention (watch Search WWW for more insights). Sad to say, as I grew older, I'm able to see media play all around the world (including Covid vaccines).

17 hours ago, JenL said:

It's either that, or that are a lot of media law and privacy law loopholes in Korea!

Not just media/privacy law but criminal law in Korea is not great. The jail time for rape is really short. And often you see news about someone getting 1 year jail and the rest was probation. Like PYC who was found guilty of doing drugs didn't even go to jail because he got away with X years of probation in the comfort of his home. Jung Joon Young too, was sentenced to 6 years and after appeal, it was reduced to 5. The guy committed gang raped and video-taped many drunk, unconscious women and shared the videos to all his male friends! :pandarage2:

16 hours ago, Jane said:

I will probably watch his movie Tune In For Love too (it's on my NF list).

Tune in for Love is decent, simple love story. His dramas where he's not male lead (WYWS, The 3 Musketeers, Prison Playbook, Goblin [cameo]) was probably better (minus Blood and daily drama coz I don't know this one). Oh, actually, Jane, haven't you watched Prison Playbook?? This is highly recommended (by the HP's PD).

5 hours ago, Chocolate said:

My thought - why don't they just use google translate?

Then it may be less interesting. Honestly I cringed in the beginning watching LSG tries to speak Mandarin and Jasper in his broken and limited Korean.

5 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I've not read in detail, but how the actor handles the issue shows a lot too. Of course most times the agencies are the ones guiding it, but for important issues, a decent person would retain some control over it. If the actor doesn't agree with the agency's statement and still lets it be published, that says something about the actor too. So Seo Ye Ji's statement where she pushes the blame to KJH.

I feel a bit grey about this because not all artists get to have control of everything when they are bound by contract. A big name actor would get more say, but the powerless ones probably don't. Hence we come across news about actress being forced to sleep with X, Y, Z or idols being abused or have to entertain the higher-ups. If these powerless ones want more say, they probaly have to leave the agency after the contract ends or they'll lose their dream of becoming an entertainer.

Yay @abs-oluteM! That's awesome news!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Tune in for Love is decent, simple love story. His dramas where he's not male lead (WYWS, The 3 Musketeers, Prison Playbook, Goblin [cameo]) was probably better (minus Blood and daily drama coz I don't know this one). Oh, actually, Jane, haven't you watched Prison Playbook?? This is highly recommended (by the HP's PD).

I haven't watched PP. I don't know why but it just doesn't call out to me. Haha his cameo in Goblin was better than his lead roles? Hahahahah! Hae-in ah please make better choices!

@abs-oluteM @im0202 So relieved to know you are both negative! Take care and still rest yeah!

GAHHHH I AM SO EXCITED FOR HOSPITAL PLAYLIST S2. The one year wait is really coming to an end!

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 1

On 4/13/2021 at 4:09 PM, Jane said:

Okay JH Fam - Weightlighting Fairy yay or nay? I want a cute, cheerful watch next. Plus I still have River on the backburner too.

OH HELL YAY! It's everything you said and more. The OST is so cheerful aswell, it's fluffy and cozy like a warm winter blanket. I could spent DAYS talking about how great Fairy is. The drama is the reason why I'm here!

On 4/14/2021 at 6:51 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Yay from me . Watched it twice. Light and heartwarming coming of age show. @Dhakra who is Mr Picky watches it almost every year.

I can't deny it. She's correct, I dropped more dramas than people dropped hot cups of coffee. It's my christmas tradition to at least watch my favorite scenes. If I have the time I watch it completely. 

• Haha 7
46 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Yeah and outside there is loud thunder voice... contemplating should I order food instead? Looks like going to have heavy rain 🌧

I am going to channel my inner @TRaNz and tell you, yes you should order food and it should be KFC or McDonald's -- but really, just order the food. It's Saturday and you probably deserve it. :btsnamjoonlove:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

I am going to channel my inner @TRaNz and tell you, yes you should order food and it should be KFC or McDonald's -- but really, just order the food. It's Saturday and you probably deserve it. :btsnamjoonlove:

3 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Yeah and outside there is loud thunder voice... contemplating should I order food instead? Looks like going to have heavy rain 🌧

Order Foooooodddd!!! Dont risk getting wet and sick.

Just order something filling, fatty and fast !

Weekend Delights my friend.

I had McDonalds for lunch, regular occurrence for me so I dont report it much anymore....its just apart of my diet. hahahahaha

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

On 4/15/2021 at 9:48 PM, mademoiselle said:

Hae In was good in PP too. PP overall is awesome! You will love Haerongie. Hehehe. I also enjoy the sibling fight - I shall not say more.

On 4/15/2021 at 10:25 PM, im0202 said:

@Jane I second @mademoiselle! Give PP a try... It took me awhile to actually start it too but once I was done with the first 3 eps, I binged the rest like there was no tomorrow. Ended up loving so many of the characters!

Hahaha I know it's a big favourite around here. I always assume I will get around to it eventually.

On 4/16/2021 at 5:31 AM, Dhakra said:

OH HELL YAY! It's everything you said and more. The OST is so cheerful aswell, it's fluffy and cozy like a warm winter blanket. I could spent DAYS talking about how great Fairy is. The drama is the reason why I'm here!

Wow IT'S the reason you are here? I will definitely be watching it!

@SilverMoonTea I napped today too. Which ramen did you get?

Reporting that I had Korean Fried Chicken on Thursday (from 4 Fingers). Yums!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

23 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Haha its Takagi Ramen, not too bad the broth quite tick too ... I also finish with home cleaning, so now its drama time. 

Oh yeah quite worth for its price. Got one near my workplace too. 

I am watching the last episode of Arashi's Diary Voyage. Finally! It's sinking in that Arashi is really on hiatus now. @SnowBlob How about you?

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Is Twitter down or is it just my laptop? :thinking: 

On 4/15/2021 at 5:55 PM, mademoiselle said:

Not just media/privacy law but criminal law in Korea is not great. The jail time for rape is really short. And often you see news about someone getting 1 year jail and the rest was probation. Like PYC who was found guilty of doing drugs didn't even go to jail because he got away with X years of probation in the comfort of his home. 

I feel like massive law reforms are needed whenever I watch K-dramas/movies especially those based on true cases. House arrest is also stupid because they could be very comfortable there unless you take away privileges :pandarage2: 

On 4/15/2021 at 5:55 PM, mademoiselle said:

Then it may be less interesting. Honestly I cringed in the beginning watching LSG tries to speak Mandarin and Jasper in his broken and limited Korean.

I liked watching them try each other's languages! :BulbaOWO:

Maybe it's because I'm learning Korean now and butchering the language quite badly :smile:

On 4/15/2021 at 6:07 PM, im0202 said:

Yay! Mine was negative too. Got the results back yesterday! But I’m still feeling under the weather. Should be a flu bug kinda thing :/

Congrats on negative test! Hope you're feeling better! :MewHi:

On 4/15/2021 at 11:44 PM, Jane said:

Haha his cameo in Goblin was better than his lead roles? Hahahahah! Hae-in ah please make better choices!

Hahaha oh dear. That means all the drama choices have not been good at all! :laugh:

On 4/16/2021 at 7:31 AM, Dhakra said:

Weightlifting Fairy is the best. I rarely rewatch dramas but I do rewatch scenes from this one when I'm not feeling great because it's so fun and lovely. And it does look at depression or feeling down. :heart:

14 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Anyway I have a particular aversion to Jang Nara :laugh:

Hahaha, good to know it's normal to have some aversions. I can't really watch Lee Min Ho or Kim Go Eun. Ji Chang Wook also possibly. I'm not even fully sure why. :idk:

6 hours ago, TRaNz said:

Order Foooooodddd!!! Dont risk getting wet and sick.

Just order something filling, fatty and fast !

Weekend Delights my friend.

I had McDonalds for lunch, regular occurrence for me so I dont report it much anymore....its just apart of my diet. hahahahaha

I went to the Art Gallery today and only had limited time to get food since it was far away from other places. So I ate a Hot dog and some Portuguese fried fish cakes. I think I just shortened my lifespan some more (not that I'm any healthier daily) :laugh: But I feel less guilty since you have Maccas diet!

4 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@TRaNz@Tofuwas tempted with kfc but go for slightly healthier route, which is - Ramen! Lols.... 

Mmmm pork broth :smile:

1 hour ago, Jane said:

Reporting that I had Korean Fried Chicken on Thursday (from 4 Fingers). Yums!

Is 4 Fingers good in Singapore? We had a store here, but it wasn't good compared to all it competitors here...and then I think the Pandemic killed it! :poliWeird:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days