Havenites Dabang

@mademoiselle @NiteWalker kenshin's next movie is out tomorrow according to asianwiki... So i'm not sure whether that's the date for japan release or worldwide release :idk: i'm gonna have to start rewatching the first second and third movie coz i kinda forget already about the story. @mademoiselle did you read the comic books? I did a longggg time ago..and as you..also got lost in the so many characters they have :shocked2: same like Dragon Balls..i read that one too but the characters are too many. 

• Like 6

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

10 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

@mademoiselle @NiteWalker kenshin's next movie is out tomorrow according to asianwiki... So i'm not sure whether that's the date for japan release or worldwide release :idk: i'm gonna have to start rewatching the first second and third movie coz i kinda forget already about the story. @mademoiselle did you read the comic books? I did a longggg time ago..and as you..also got lost in the so many characters they have :shocked2: same like Dragon Balls..i read that one too but the characters are too many. 

too many characters and too draggy parts of it...i mainly watch Kenshin is to see the actions hahaha

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

@Tofu Is this Wuxia? I must admit I'm not used to seeing Chinese men wearing such mask in live action. Like I'm used to seeing samurai wearing their masks/armour, but have never seen Chinese except in fantasy comic books.

Have you seen any Eita's dramas as of late? I am so out-dated with him now. I've only really loved him the most as Mine (Nodame).

@abs-oluteM So other than KPOP girls, who are the Unni Dhakra likes? He's like TraNz, so hard to sell.

@SilverMoonTea Takeru is very good as Kenshin though.

@SnowBlob I think it must be a release date for Japan because I just check our cinemas (not showing) and Google Kenshin+country, nothing comes up. I guess we just have to wait for the Dark Side.

I didn't read Kenshin manga. Was never interested until I found out Takeru played it. Tried and liked it. I read Dragon Ball up until Wu Kong lost his tail and stopped after he grew up (not cute anymore, don't like!). Find it too long winded after that. I've already got 4-5 manga I picked up and never got an ending so I get annoyed if they get too long.

Hahaha, glad I'm not the only one who is lost when watching the Kenshin movies. I also watch it for the actions but second and third the actions became more and more unrealistics and exaggerated so I'm not as into it as the first. But I'll definitely watch it when the newest 2 are available for closure.

By the way, who is this woman? It doesn't look like Takei Emi.

EzYJ_suVcAwCFvi?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

@mademoiselle owwww...I so agree with you..I love Wu Kong when he was still small..he was sooo adorable :hearties: but he still retained that innocence even as adult (and one of his kids looks exactly like him when he was small hahahahaha). I wonder if I would watch this upcoming Kenshin movie in cinema .. I think I would ...  Err..tbh that poster looks a bit too 'fake'... at first I couldn't even figure out which one is Takeru :heiboi: Not sure who the other one is but it should be Takei Emi right? Why would they make a poster of another girl?? Oh btw, I'm so hoping there's a romance between Sanosuke and the doctor lady in the movie!!!! 

@SilverMoonTea try ep 3 and 4 of that Taxi drama. I wasn't wow-ed by ep 1 and 2 but ep 3 and 4 :PikaSwag:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

@mademoiselle Yesss...I like the actress who plays the lady doctor too!! Ahhh our Shun Oguri :hearties::duckhearts: too bad he's the supporting actor there but the trailer looks interesting but just a tad bit too 'disturbing' for me. Ah..Shun Oguri's upcoming drama Japan Sink is scheduled to be out in October..but I read the synopsis and it sounds boring? Just not sure what it's all about.. a thriller? a crime drama? an apocalyptic drama? shrugs :idk: Oh btw..Shun Oguri is in Godzilla vs Kong movie too

Spoiler

too bad he appeared very very very very little and spoke less than that...and... 

he died

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM So other than KPOP girls, who are the Unni Dhakra likes? He's like TraNz, so hard to sell.

I only remember these 3 - Lee Bo Young, Kyung Soo Jin and Kim Seul Gi. Not easy to sell to him..ahahah I don't bother unless it is Lee Bo Young

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

11 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM I failed selling Navillera :cry: to @Dhakra. He listens to you. HELPPP! LOL

Hey, at least you tried :pandahehe: It could have worked. 

10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Only because I know his taste. Plus , need to have his fave actress the way we need to have our oppas. His criteria for a drama is like sky high.  We have been watching dramas together  since 2016 where we both watched Weightlifting Fairy. 

Hello? Sky high? Only because I don't like dramas that involve the following things. 

• Time Travel (back and forth)
  • Time skipping (more than a year)
  • Dramas that play in the past
  • Dramas that play in the future
  • Idols
  • Ghosts
  • Monsters
  • Fantasy
  • Aliens
  • Manholes
  • Some sort of inhuman special power
  • Body switching
  • Being young again in any way, no suddenly he/she is 20 again
  • Same goes for old
  • Daily dramas
  • Dramas that run over an hour per episode
  • Finished dramas. 
  • Dramas that only focus in love stories
  • RomCom in general, there are some exceptions, but if your main focus is love, my main focus is to avoid the drama. 
  • Dramas that try to be fancy
  • Cheesy stuff
  • Costumes
  • Chaebol
  • Pretty much any poor girl finds rich asshole stuff and turns him into a good guy
  • Drama stereotypes
  • Hospital dramas
  • Dramas that aren't able to teach me something. 
  • OTP already living together/Being married
  • too many children in dramas

If Lee Bo Young is involved though, all points above do not matter. Otherwise yeah, one of my fav hot/cute actresses, favorably in a second lead role, would be awesome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

52 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I only remember these 3 - Lee Bo Young, Kyung Soo Jin and Kim Seul Gi. Not easy to sell to him..ahahah I don't bother unless it is Lee Bo Young

Ahhh, gather around and let me tell you @mademoiselle

As @abs-oluteMalready noted Lee Bo Young is my go-to actress, simply because she's the GOAT. I have huge respect towards her acting, whenever I watch her, I can see why it's considered a craft. That's why "When My Love Blooms" was such a great watch, she in combination with another heavy weight actor in form of Yoo Ji-Tae was amazing to see. Two professional actors, pleasure to see.

Spoiler

5f87f347ccf03.jpg

The other one @abs-oluteMwas correct about is Kim Seul-Gi, a bit unknown, few leading or second roles, but overall great actress. Reason why is because I have seen her in so many cameos throughout the dramas I watched and her roles always stuck in my head, no matter how tiny they were. She made an impact.

And who can forget this scene? She's also a bit of eye candy and while we are talking about it....the one who noona forgot was

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Lee Yun Hee. Pure eye candy, good actress, buuut I am honest, I mainly watch her because she is pure eye candy. She had a few main leads, but overall she sadly doesn't do a lot of dramas. So as long as the drama doesn't sound completely bad, I watch it. Which sadly means the last drama I watched with her was "The Package" 4 years ago. But holy hell, she is PRETTY.

Spoiler

3658265.jpg

Kyung Soo Jin is still on the list aswell, she kinda was my first KDrama love and she is still eye candy and probably the most beautiful actress there is, but acting wise I sadly have to say her roles aren't able to catch me anymore. Fairy & PNB were her peak.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 4

@Dhakra

Guess what? Your criteria didn't say must have actresses you like and Navillera fits the bill, it is none of those listed AND it is a drama that will teach you something. It is 12 episodes, not too long and still airing. 😇 I strongly recommend. 😁

I agree with Kim Seul Gi. She's a female lead material but don't know why she always play second lead.

Kyung Soo Jin is in Mouse now. Still no?

Lee Yun Hee last I saw was Reunited World isn't it? Or did I get it mixed up...

What about vigilante type of dramas? Like Taxi Driver? Vincenzo is pretty good, and you might fall for Jeon Yeo Been - I think she's totally worth checking out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

@mademoiselleMhmmmmmm :pandathink: :pandascared: I actually read about Taxi Driver today and put it into my Want-to-Watch Folder and plan to watch the first episode today. Revenge Action Story with a beautiful second lead? Hell yeah. That one I will check out. 

Yeah KSJ is in mouse currently, but.......:pandablank: I don't feel her as an actress currently anymore. I like the eye candy when I see her on Instagram or somewhere else. I melt when I see her previous roles and she will be always the one who dragged me into Korean drama/actresses. She like the hot ex gf you cannot forget about. :pandaevil:

Yes, LYH was in Reunited Worlds in 2017, shortly after she played the main lead is "The Package" aswell.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

hi everyone. sorry for not posting consistently. school's been difficult lately and i've had a lot of things on my mind recently. hopefully school gets a lil bit easier and i'll be able to post in my threads more often.  i hope you have a great rest of your day/night !. 

• Like 8

mirmz out

*insert mic drop*

Explosion Mic Drop GIF by P.O.S. - Find & Share on GIPHY

ttyl people <3

12 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@TRaNzKrystal Jung will have drama Police Lesson in July. @TofuFinally Jinyoung b1a4 become main lead! And its with Cha Tae Hyun. I think this going to be fun. 

Awww yyiiissss Soo-Juuunngggggggg, shes gonna be a babe in this one....hahaha yeah I read up on it last nite too. Am keen.

I've been lazy with KDramas lately. heck I was supposed to watch Mouse since March when it started but I have not seen one episode....despite umm..having "access" to all episodes thus far with subs.....LOL. im terrible. Apologies to those who tried to rope me into Mouse but I just couldnt commit.

• Haha 6

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

1 hour ago, TRaNz said:

Awww yyiiissss Soo-Juuunngggggggg

Haha I got to think first... I didn't know Soo Jung is Crystal korean name lols... I found her quite okay in Search. So I'm looking forward on this. And Cha Tae Hyun normally quite comedic one. 

I will exempted @Dhakraout from my drama selling. Too difficult ahaha... I think I will continue sell to @Chocolate, eventhough she's now suspicious on single of my choice ahahaha....

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

35 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Haha I got to think first... I didn't know Soo Jung is Crystal korean name lols... I found her quite okay in Search. So I'm looking forward on this. And Cha Tae Hyun normally quite comedic one. 

Yeah CTH should normally be some laughs.

I might do a check on upcoming KDramas and see what can potentially pull me in. Cold season is coming here in Australia, will be a bit more indoorsy than usual haha.

• Like 6

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

11 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Hello? Sky high? Only because I don't like dramas that involve the following things. 

• Time Travel (back and forth)
  • Time skipping (more than a year)
  • Dramas that play in the past
  • Dramas that play in the future
  • Idols
  • Ghosts
  • Monsters
  • Fantasy
  • Aliens
  • Manholes
  • Some sort of inhuman special power
  • Body switching
  • Being young again in any way, no suddenly he/she is 20 again
  • Same goes for old
  • Daily dramas
  • Dramas that run over an hour per episode
  • Finished dramas. 
  • Dramas that only focus in love stories
  • RomCom in general, there are some exceptions, but if your main focus is love, my main focus is to avoid the drama. 
  • Dramas that try to be fancy
  • Cheesy stuff
  • Costumes
  • Chaebol
  • Pretty much any poor girl finds rich asshole stuff and turns him into a good guy
  • Drama stereotypes
  • Hospital dramas
  • Dramas that aren't able to teach me something. 
  • OTP already living together/Being married
  • too many children in dramas

If Lee Bo Young is involved though, all points above do not matter. Otherwise yeah, one of my fav hot/cute actresses, favorably in a second lead role, would be awesome.

Hahahahaha this list is hilarious! It excludes almost every drama lol.

But I'm amazed that Navillera really doesn't fall within this list! Kudos @mademoiselle 🤣

Btw, what does "Finished dramas" mean @Dhakra?

• Haha 6

@Chocolate IKR. Consider I had already fell asleep but seem like I knew @Dhakra responded and checked JH to find this long list. Read through it all thoroughly too. Indeed, Navillera fits the bill. However, seeing how he doesn't respond anymore means it's still a no deal. LOL. Hey, at least reward me with great effort (and waking up at 2:30am) by trying an episode or 2. :mine: Anyway, at least I tried. Hahaha. XD

I think "finished drama" means it's no longer on air. Luckily he didn't say "No PPL" - hahahahahahahaha!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 5
23 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I think we need to have an Ashile Sun badge...ahahahah

Haha! Can we convince everyone else that we need this? :laugh:

Spoiler

OCDScqj.gif

19 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Is this Wuxia? I must admit I'm not used to seeing Chinese men wearing such mask in live action. Like I'm used to seeing samurai wearing their masks/armour, but have never seen Chinese except in fantasy comic books.

Have you seen any Eita's dramas as of late? I am so out-dated with him now. I've only really loved him the most as Mine (Nodame).

Yes, it's a wuxia! It's actually not a bad drama, I binged most of the episodes on Sunday. Ashile Sun plays someone from the grassland, so I'm assuming that he has a Mongolian background because their leader is called "Great Khan". He's also a nicely written male character, something that we don't normally see often in Chinese dramaland. Do you want to watch it with us too? :smug:

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Eita's hasn't really been in any dramas until last week. Before Rikokatsu, his last drama was in 2018 or something. He also looks so different in his new drama, I didn't even recognize him at first!

Spoiler

15 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Finally Jinyoung b1a4 become main lead! And its with Cha Tae Hyun. I think this going to be fun. 

Really?! This will be his first post-military project?

5 hours ago, mirmz said:

hi everyone. sorry for not posting consistently. school's been difficult lately and i've had a lot of things on my mind recently. hopefully school gets a lil bit easier and i'll be able to post in my threads more often.  i hope you have a great rest of your day/night !. 

I hope you all the best, maknae! School should be ending in two months or so, right?

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
Just now, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate IKR. Consider I had already fell asleep but seem like I knew @Dhakra responded and checked JH to find this long list. Read through it all thoroughly too. Indeed, Navillera fits the bill. However, seeing how he doesn't even respond anymore means it's still a no deal. LOL. Hey, at least reward me with great effort (and waking up at 2:30am) by trying an episode or 2. :mine: Anyway, at least I tried. 

I think "finished drama" means it's no longer on air. Luckily he didn't say "No PPL" - hahahahahahahaha!

Hahahaha! I see "manholes" too. Are there dramas with plots about "manholes"? 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 5