Havenites Dabang

10 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Hahahaha! I see "manholes" too. Are there dramas with plots about "manholes"? 🤣🤣🤣

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle  lolllll.

@Tofu

His costume/ head piece reminds me of the elves in Lord of the Rings! I can't fit anymore dramas coz by May I'll have 8 to 9 dramas 🤯 🥲

Eita - think after he got married and had kids I havent seen much of him. At least the stills showed he has nice, neat hair and most importantly, no facial hairs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Shocked 1
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

His costume/ head piece reminds me of the elves in Lord of the Rings! I can't fit anymore dramas coz by May I'll have 8 to 9 dramas 🤯 🥲

Wow! 8 or 9?! What dramas are you watching? :psweatduck:

Are you sure you don't want to watch The Long Ballad? Ashile Sun is cute though. :eeeee:

14ff7923d5bb5dc0f1375e75a6b3659856c91c8d

Ahh, that makes sense for Eita! Because he didn't have any projects for a while, I learned from @SilverMoonTea that the heart moves on. :laugh:

• Haha 8

@Tofu This is my schedule. Must admit it's harder now that I'm WFO :pandasadspoon:

Spoiler

Mon - Tue

Navillera (tvN / Netflix)

Youth of May (KBS2) 3/5

Doom At Your Service (tvN) 10/5

Wed - Thu

Mouse (tvN)

Law School (JTBC)

Daebak Real Estate (KBS2)

Fri - Sat

Deluxe Taxi (SBS)

Undercover (JTBC) 23/4

Sat - Sun

Vincenzo (tvN)

Dark Hole (OCN) 24/4

@TRaNz Are you watching this?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
  • Star Struck 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
7 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@TRaNz Are you watching this?

OMOMOMOMOMOMOMOMOMOMOMO :PsyWhat:

Ya! Jinnnjaa!? :pandawhat:

After like 2 years or wateva...if its true and actually being released. 100% I be there for Sooyoungieeeeeee :heart:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

Oh woah, you're right! @TRaNz The script reading was 2018! What was the delay? I vaguely remember this drama title.

From what I can recall, it was to do with no broadcasting stations wanting to air the kdrama. I don't know why though. It was just weird, like I remember anticipating it a few years back and then articles came about saying the drama was done but no one wanted to air it.....so it was like a waste. BUT, it is now just 9 days awayyyyyyyyyy

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

3 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

From what I can recall, it was to do with no broadcasting stations wanting to air the kdrama. I don't know why though. It was just weird, like I remember anticipating it a few years back and then articles came about saying the drama was done but no one wanted to air it.....so it was like a waste. BUT, it is now just 9 days awayyyyyyyyyy

I see and you are right. It isn't available on any TV channel but online stream sites - Naver TV, Viki and iQiyi. Glad it isn't going to waste.

I think I've to add one more drama to at least check out now...I'm a busy 🐝

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 5
18 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@TRaNz

Let me know how this goes! Look @Tofu& @stroppyse, McD is launching BTS meal! Does US have it too?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN3KDMDpCF8/?igshid=nc96uiu0f5gn

I'm more interested what the packaging will look like (i.e. expecting BTS faces all over it). Would be nice if it has collectibles like the Happy Meal.

Yeah, Ill try it just to see what it looks like, food should be the same as it already is now.

McDonalds are about to make sooo much money from this.

Crazy ARMY fans will swarm for this. LoL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

Yeah, Ill try it just to see what it looks like, food should be the same as it already is now.

The news said it's just this: the BTS meal will feature 10-piece Chicken McNuggets, large World Famous Fries, large soft drink and Sweet chilli and also Cajun dipping sauces inspired by popular recipes from McDonald’s South Korea.

So yeah totally nothing special so it has to be the packaging design that will draw ARMY to buy it.

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 6
9 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Hahahaha! I see "manholes" too. Are there dramas with plots about "manholes"? 🤣🤣🤣

Once upon a time, there was this kdrama titled “Manhole”.... and the viewers curse it heavily ever after. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

10 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I will exempted @Dhakraout from my drama selling. Too difficult ahaha... I think I will continue sell to @Chocolate, eventhough she's now suspicious on single of my choice ahahaha....

It's not that hard, come on. Three simple steps. :pandahehe:

• Step One. :pandapirate: Take your drama, compare it to mentioned list above and make sure to check regularly, since it's always up to date.
  • Step Two.:pandacoolsip: It's not only about what the drama doesn't need to have, it's also what the drama needs to have to be interesting to me. That's a list on it's own. I can you provide with this one aswell of course. But for starters, the basic is more or less an (un)likeable female second lead (which I ofc will like to death, haters always gonna hate the real treasures). There is ofc more.
  • Step Three. :pandabonk: A little bit of neck on the line. What does that mean you ask? I am a man of time, I always try to be effective and make the most of my time, that's a german thing I guess, if I would blindly watch every drama that gets thrown at me, I would have wasted HOURS, DAYS or even WEEKS of my life. So I trust people who I know their opinion on dramas is realiable. Or to put it simple, you gotta have to earn it noona. If you recommend me something, I have to know if you are willing to put your neck on the line for it, which means, I give it a shot, if I like it, good for you :pandapray:, I will pay your recommendations more attention in the future. Buuut if I don't like it........:pandagrim:
    You think @abs-oluteMbuilt her status over night? Do you know how often she had to put her neck on the line for dramas she recommended to me? Hell, I'm sure she suffers from neck stiffness to this day.
10 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Btw, what does "Finished dramas" mean @Dhakra?

Dramas that finished airing. I like ongoing dramas a lot more than dramas that are already finished. I rarely binge-watch stuff. 

Simple rule, the older the drama is, the less I want to watch it. 

Hey even Barney Stinson once said "New is always better"-

9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate IKR. Consider I had already fell asleep but seem like I knew @Dhakra responded and checked JH to find this long list. Read through it all thoroughly too. Indeed, Navillera fits the bill. However, seeing how he doesn't respond anymore means it's still a no deal. LOL. Hey, at least reward me with great effort (and waking up at 2:30am) by trying an episode or 2. :mine: Anyway, at least I tried. Hahaha. XD

I think "finished drama" means it's no longer on air. Luckily he didn't say "No PPL" - hahahahahahahaha!

Uh, so we had a connection yesterday and you felt like I responded. Good stuff. 

Hey, I was sleeping! :pandasleep: That doesn't mean anything! :pandaheadstomp:It was around midnight here aswell in Europe. 

But okay, I give you this. If I don't like Taxi Driver, I give Navillera a shot.....if you put your neck on the line. :pandasipsip:

8 hours ago, Chocolate said:

...yes......there are.....Manhole

Some of us here and I in particular have a story with this drama. 

5 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Once upon a time, there was this kdrama titled “Manhole”.... and the viewers curse it heavily ever after. 

Gosh it was so bad.....

• Haha 8

See. I knew I had been summoned (was :pandasleep: before).

@SilverMoonTea It's ok, I helped you recruit @Chocolate already. Hahaha.

"So I Married An Anti-Fans" is originally a Korean manhwa. There's a Chinese movie starring EXO's Chanyeol. Didn't watch that. 

Ohhh steak. Definitely much more yummo than KFC!

@Dhakra Hahaha ok. If you ever pick up Navillera, I'll put my neck on the line. I wouldn't recommend dramas unless I'm confident it is good (same concept of me agreeing to a bet). Most importantly, with you revealing you've checked out Manhole means I've got good eye for my recommended drama(s) xDDDD 

I shall nag no more because I've done my part and the rest is up to you ~ CB-01.gif.af70e27de3f3f165476253f7bb111a 

Too bad your list has "Monster" because Sweet Home is another super awesome drama. It isn't a drama just about monster and actions with no substance like those typical Hollywood/commercial movies. This one has a story and characters with layers. Of course it has a fair few actresses for you to admire too and I have my Oppa deul. Everyone is taken care of. Now I just need them to announce Season 2. My popcorn is ready any time! POPCORN-BADGE.gif.a09cd317a689d096f5f4ee

• Haha 5
  • Clapping Hands 2
45 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

ou think @abs-oluteMbuilt her status over night? Do you know how often she had to put her neck on the line for dramas she recommended to me? Hell, I'm sure she suffers from neck stiffness to this day.

Yes , to prevent myself from neck stiffness , I have stopped recommending dramas unless it is Lee Bo Young. 

@SilverMoonTea Anti-fan drama finally airing. They had a lot of problems finding network. Who picked it up at the end?

53 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I was one of them... aliens...that is all I will say. 

• Haha 7

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

3 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@SilverMoonTea Anti-fan drama finally airing. They had a lot of problems finding network. Who picked it up at the end?

Haha I also not sure. Cos its Choi Tae Jun, not my oppa... The c version I didnt like it either. 

Your zombie oppa so wanted instead, until got 2 tv station airing it. I maybe will braced myself to try it. I can't even stand few mins of Train to Busan. So let's see. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@mirmz looks like you need a virtual hug. Hope things get better at school!

Just now, SilverMoonTea said:

Haha I also not sure. Cos its Choi Tae Jun, not my oppa... The c version I didnt like it either. 

Your zombie oppa so wanted instead, until got 2 tv station airing it. I maybe will braced myself to try it. I can't even stand few mins of Train to Busan. So let's see. 

CTJ is not bad. I have seen him Missing 9 and Suspicious Partner. Good looking. Also the BF of your Sisyphus ship....:cool:...kkkkk me being a troll here. I will check it out. Just saw that IQIYI will release it. If I like it enough, maybe I will open thread. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@mademoiselle@TRaNzSo I married anti fans I think is cdrama adopted to kdrama. 

Today I was tempted by KFC again, but I managed to choose healthier choice which is steak lols... 

yeah, all I remember it was an adaptation or re-make from another existing one.

None the less, should be good.

A bit disappointed, you were tempted by KFC but you did not give in and treat yourself to something nice. hahahaha

Don't worry....there's always tomorrow. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 4/20/2021 at 8:52 AM, TRaNz said:

Live off sugar and eating out.....you sound like someone who I would TOTALLY get along with. :smile:

Hahaha I think we are now besties since we seem to have the same food habits/ diet @TRaNz :heiboi:

Ah, nah im still a bit iffy when it comes to going to crowded places or where theres lots of people. So nah I havent been to the NGV thinghy yet. Although I've got quiet a lot of people on socials who have been there and post IG stories or pics.....so I see from that.

Yeah it was pretty crowded...but maybe it's because I left it to the last weekend :PikachuFacePalm:

But still I managed to make my photos look relatively empty soooo :smug:

Its nice, but I wouldnt know how to take in an art exhibit properly....end up standing there and pretending I understand the art work and take in the emotions and feelings of it.....lolwut... I dunno. hahaha

Hahahaha I think I just like big installation thingys because they look cool and it takes ages for peopel to make them...and I like taking pics, so I guess I document everything? Not sure how everyone else interacts with exhibits though. :thinking:

On 4/20/2021 at 1:22 PM, abs-oluteM said:

We have been watching dramas together  since 2016 where we both watched Weightlifting Fairy. 

I love that a lot of people have seen and liked Weightlifting Fairy here :BulbaOWO: Have you started yet @Jane?

On 4/19/2021 at 4:23 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

The main problem the culprit is not clear. So everyone just guessing around. Its like whodunnit novel. 

Hahaha why is your neighbourhood so exciting?? :laugh: Who's the quiet one? It's always the quiet one :smug:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 4/20/2021 at 9:23 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenLtried Taxi but I'm not that engaged with it. Lols maybe becaure irl I always got car sickness if go with taxi haha...  

LOL what kind of an excuse is this :PikachuFacePalm: Episode 3 and 4 are funnier because Lee Je Hoon act as hilarious teacher :laugh::BulbaOWO::heart:

On 4/20/2021 at 9:49 PM, SnowBlob said:

@SilverMoonTea try ep 3 and 4 of that Taxi drama. I wasn't wow-ed by ep 1 and 2 but ep 3 and 4 :PikaSwag:

Yayyy same advice!

23 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Hello? Sky high? Only because I don't like dramas that involve the following things. 

• Time Travel (back and forth)
  • Time skipping (more than a year)
  • Dramas that play in the past
  • Dramas that play in the future
  • Idols
  • Ghosts
  • Monsters
  • Fantasy
  • Aliens
  • Manholes
  • Some sort of inhuman special power
  • Body switching
  • Being young again in any way, no suddenly he/she is 20 again
  • Same goes for old
  • Daily dramas
  • Dramas that run over an hour per episode
  • Finished dramas. 
  • Dramas that only focus in love stories
  • RomCom in general, there are some exceptions, but if your main focus is love, my main focus is to avoid the drama. 
  • Dramas that try to be fancy
  • Cheesy stuff
  • Costumes
  • Chaebol
  • Pretty much any poor girl finds rich asshole stuff and turns him into a good guy
  • Drama stereotypes
  • Hospital dramas
  • Dramas that aren't able to teach me something. 
  • OTP already living together/Being married
  • too many children in drama

Hahaha so basically you like meaningful slice of drama dramas or short thrillers? :thinking:

And pretty much LBY discounts everything :laugh:

22 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Which sadly means the last drama I watched with her was "The Package" 4 years ago. 

Hahaha I was just talking about how no one ever talks about that drama and all of a sudden I see it here. :poliWeird:

20 hours ago, Dhakra said:

@mademoiselleMhmmmmmm :pandathink: :pandascared: I actually read about Taxi Driver today and put it into my Want-to-Watch Folder and plan to watch the first episode today. Revenge Action Story with a beautiful second lead? Hell yeah. That one I will check out. 

YESSSS WATCH TAXI DRIVER :wow2::wow2::wow2:

I think it's my top addiction at the moment. The comedy and satisfaction from justice is on point for this series.

* Basically this entire post is a hard sell for Taxi Driver

16 hours ago, mirmz said:

hi everyone. sorry for not posting consistently. school's been difficult lately and i've had a lot of things on my mind recently. hopefully school gets a lil bit easier and i'll be able to post in my threads more often.  i hope you have a great rest of your day/night !. 

Hope you're feeling ok and not too stressed! :MewHi:

12 hours ago, TRaNz said:

Yeah CTH should normally be some laughs.

I might do a check on upcoming KDramas and see what can potentially pull me in. Cold season is coming here in Australia, will be a bit more indoorsy than usual haha.

It's freezing lately! I just got home at midnight after going to a language exchange thing and I was so cold the whole ride back. :letalQQ: Also, watch Taxi Driver - action/ revenge/ feel-good/ comedy genres

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Tofu said:

I learned from @SilverMoonTea that the heart moves on. :laugh:

Yeah, you gotta be around to make me care about you as an Oppa :popcorn:

5 hours ago, TRaNz said:

Wow, that's the first time I've heard of that happening. This is based on a webtoon right?

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@TRaNz

Let me know how this goes! Look @Tofu& @stroppyse, McD is launching BTS meal! Does US have it too?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN3KDMDpCF8/?igshid=nc96uiu0f5gn

I'm more interested what the packaging will look like (i.e. expecting BTS faces all over it). Would be nice if it has collectibles like the Happy Meal.

Hahaha this is real? Wow! The power of BTS huh! :idk:

3 hours ago, TRaNz said:

Hahaha will you review McDonalds? Like this guy: https://metro.co.uk/2016/02/22/blogger-travels-the-world-reviewing-the-weirdest-specials-at-mcdonalds-5710506/

Maybe we should make a Maccas review thread here - share the responsibility of trying all the weird international McDonalds offerings. :laugh:

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

@Chocolate I did not watch Manhole , but I heard all the jokes about it that's for sure :laugh:

2 hours ago, Dhakra said:

You think @abs-oluteMbuilt her status over night? Do you know how often she had to put her neck on the line for dramas she recommended to me? Hell, I'm sure she suffers from neck stiffness to this day.

Hahaha abs can keep title as queen of recommendations. I don't want a stiff neck :lenny:

I've also already thrown Taxi Driver out there. That's my work done :smug:

2 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Dramas that finished airing. I like ongoing dramas a lot more than dramas that are already finished. I rarely binge-watch stuff. 

Simple rule, the older the drama is, the less I want to watch it. 

I can kinda relate to this. I can't binge watch either! Live watch is good for sharing opinions and not getting spoilers. But it can increase my likelihood to be v. v. v. addicted to a drama, especially if it has strong elements I like. :lenny:

I don't think I can watch any of the old old old dramas because the times have changed and everything from production quality to the values (ie. abusive guys that still gets the girl) makes me feel rage-y :pandarage2:

Too bad your list has "Monster" because Sweet Home is another super awesome drama. It isn't a drama just about monster and actions with no substance like those typical Hollywood/commercial movies. This one has a story and characters with layers. Of course it has a fair few actresses 

It's been on pause since Episode 2 for me. I'm not sure if I'll finish it :idk: Is it terrible if I say I'm not drawn in by any of those actresses either? :thinking:

29 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

It works in harem drama. The quietest concubine is the most dangerous lols. Not sure on my case... I will need to consider it then:thinking:

Hahaha I was scarred by Zhang Yimou's Raise the Red Lantern - where the seemingly nice kind gentle one was the evil "face of Buddha, heart of devil" concubine. :psweatduck:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I wished I could use those 16 hours of mine watching something else... I'm just glad that I think I've forgotten most of about the drama :pandascared:

• Haha 8

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@DhakraLols... Its okay step 1 already fail. Cos my drama got ghost and no Lee Bo Young on it 😆

Urgh, ghosts. No wee José~ It doesn't necessarily need to have LBY, but I will always have prejudice against actors/dramas I don't know :pandapirate:

Yesterday while researching new dramas I read about an upcoming drama that started with the "handsome" main lead "being a 999year old nine-tailed fox" :pandadisgusted:

I was a bit sad, because the female lead was Hyeri of Girls Day, which was one of my first Kpop crush when I way young(er).

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yes , to prevent myself from neck stiffness , I have stopped recommending dramas unless it is Lee Bo Young. 

Well, can't blame you. I think it's also hard to find dramas nowadays like PNB, Fairy, Radiant Office, Signal, MXM.....gosh you recommended me so much :scaredpanda2: I should be more grateful........

......but naaaaaaah :pandacoolsip:

Hahaha ok. If you ever pick up Navillera, I'll put my neck on the line. I wouldn't recommend dramas unless I'm confident it is good (same concept of me agreeing to a bet). Most importantly, with you revealing you've checked out Manhole means I've got good eye for my recommended drama(s) xDDDD 

I shall nag no more because I've done my part and the rest is up to you ~ CB-01.gif.af70e27de3f3f165476253f7bb111a 

Too bad your list has "Monster" because Sweet Home is another super awesome drama. It isn't a drama just about monster and actions with no substance like those typical Hollywood/commercial movies. This one has a story and characters with layers. Of course it has a fair few actresses for you to admire too and I have my Oppa deul. Everyone is taken care of. Now I just need them to announce Season 2. My popcorn is ready any time! POPCORN-BADGE.gif.a09cd317a689d096f5f4ee

Uhhh, we have some potential neck on the line. Now things get exciting, NOW I am interested. Or to use my Hans Landa impression, Uhhh, now that's a BINGO.  Okay, okay, okay, I give it a shot. I try to squeeze in one or two episodes during the weekend.

If there is neck and it passes the list, I watch the first two episodes. 

Monsters? :pandapirate: It's dead- :pandagrim:

35 minutes ago, JenL said:

I love that a lot of people have seen and liked Weightlifting Fairy here :BulbaOWO: Have you started yet @Jane?

I listen to some songs of it pretty much every day. 

18 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hahaha so basically you like meaningful slice of drama dramas or short thrillers? :thinking:

And pretty much LBY discounts everything :laugh:

Hahaha I was just talking about how no one ever talks about that drama and all of a sudden I see it here. :poliWeird:

YESSSS WATCH TAXI DRIVER :wow2::wow2::wow2:

Yep to both of them. Slice of life dramas or thrillers, crime stuff, action, agents, law, judges. I also like a sweet romance on the sidelines or ship the leads of a thriller/crime drama if it's done well. Queen of Mystery for example.

LBY is like a joker card or royal flush. It just wins. LBY could act in a RomCom filled with cheesy monsters, who travel back in time with a manhole to Joseon Dynasty to fight bodyswitching aliens singing fancy poems.

I would watch it. 

I loved "The Package", it totally flew under the radar back then. It sometimes struggled a bit with pacing, but it was such a well written drama with beautiful locations, exceptional dialogues and the prettiest, down to earth main lead I can imagine. It had some story flaws, but it asked some very interesting, good questions.  

And I will :pandasipsip:

• Haha 7