Havenites Dabang

44 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

Urgh, ghosts. No wee José~ It doesn't necessarily need to have LBY, but I will always have prejudice against actors/dramas I don't know :pandapirate:

Helping @SilverMoonTea a little bit. Daebak Real Estate (or another English title is Sell Your Haunted House) main leads are Jung Yong Hwa (male lead from The Package) and Jang Nara (I think so far the drama that you mentioned has no Jang Nara as the female lead). But well, because it does have ghost element, I guess it's already crossed because it's included in your prohibited list.

48 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

Yep to both of them. Slice of life dramas or thrillers, crime stuff, action, agents, law, judges. I also like a sweet romance on the sidelines or ship the leads of a thriller/crime drama if it's done well. Queen of Mystery for example.

Hmm I would like to suggest Hello, (it's) Me but because it's a fantasy, time travel drama and already finished airing, it doesn't fit to your criteria as well. You might know the main lead from their previous role (Kim Young Kwang male lead from Plus Nine Boys and Choi Kang Hee from Queen of Mystery). It's not like both male lead time travel to the past or present, but the younger self of the female lead got transported to the present time and live together with the female lead for about 100 days. The drama tells the story about the 100 days the younger self spent in the present time and how her presence brought good change to the people around her. I quite like this one and I watched this together with @abs-oluteM

For law drama, the on going one that I can suggest is Law School. From the review I've heard so far it's good. But because it's too heavy for me, I don't think I'll watch it. Let me ask the busy people who somehow could fit so many dramas in their watching schedule @mademoiselle @Chocolate @abs-oluteM are you three watching this? Any comments about the drama?

There's also an upcoming agent with law and crime mixed in, Undercover, which is a drama based on BBC series with the same title. The main leads are a marriage couple but their marriage is in danger because of the past of the male lead. tag @SnowBlob who is the thread owner. Snow, currently everyone is selling their drama. Let's do some promotion for yours too xD

I'd also give another vote for you to try Deluxe Taxi / Taxi Driver. I suggest to watch it until ep 4 to see whether it's your taste or not, but everyone has different episodes limit for trying a new drama. I put my limit on the first 4 episodes of a new drama. If within those episodes it didn't pick up my interest, I'd probably not continue it or if I'm still curious about it, I'll just look for some spoilers or recap of that drama. I wonder what bewitched me into finishing manhole :pandaheadstomp:

I'm not putting my neck on the line for any dramas that I've mentioned above, so even if you don't watch it, it's alright with me. :smile:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Currently watching : Revolutionary Sisters, Racket Boys, Monthly Magazine House

Current Favorite and in hype mode for Hospital Playlist Season 2 :heart:

1 hour ago, JenL said:

Hahaha abs can keep title as queen of recommendations. I don't want a stiff neck 

I've also already thrown Taxi Driver out there. That's my work done 

I can kinda relate to this. I can't binge watch either! Live watch is good for sharing opinions and not getting spoilers. But it can increase my likelihood to be v. v. v. addicted to a drama, especially if it has strong elements I like. :lenny:

I don't think I can watch any of the old old old dramas because the times have changed and everything from production quality to the values (ie. abusive guys that still gets the girl) makes me feel rage-y :pandarage2:

Well, technically I found it on my own....so~

Exactly, that's another reason. Watching stuff that has already aired feels like you are always late to the party and you talk about stuff that was relevant to other people weeks or even months ago. And their reaction of trying to remember the stuff you just watched feels so weird. 

Yep, especially old dramas with all sorts of filters, flashing bright colors or bad equipment in general stuff feels so wonky. That's one thing why I haven't finished Coffee prince yet after 5 attempts of watching it completely for once.  

1 hour ago, LaLa said:

I wished I could use those 16 hours of mine watching something else... I'm just glad that I think I've forgotten most of about the drama 

I actually enjoyed the first 7 to 8 ish hours, especially the episode where he is dead and sees others moan over his death was a really good episode. But around the half it got so bad and towards the end it was like an accident. Not even talking about the ending.

A L I E N S. And even when she knew her "boyfriend" was the baddie and got back, she still was close to marrying him. This church scene was the most dumb stuff I ever saw in a drama. 

I still can't decide if Manhole or SWDBS was the worst drama I ever watched. 

@LaLaImagine me with a big black pencil already crossing every drama out you mentioned, except Taxi Driver.

Ghosts? Time Travel? Fantasy? Finished? No. No. No. Hell no.

Choi Kang Hee does sound interesting, haven't seen her in a good while, but nah.

But I have at least two dramas now for testing, so I'm good. I don't like to have more than one drama to watch at a time. 

21 minutes ago, LaLa said:

I'm not putting my neck on the line for any dramas that I've mentioned above, so even if you don't watch it, it's alright with me. :smile:

Noted. :pandajustright:

Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@TRaNz

Let me know how this goes! Look @Tofu& @stroppyse, McD is launching BTS meal! Does US have it too?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN3KDMDpCF8/?igshid=nc96uiu0f5gn

I'm more interested what the packaging will look like (i.e. expecting BTS faces all over it). Would be nice if it has collectibles like the Happy Meal.

Yes! It launches next month! Yay! Guess I'm going to be eating at McD's for the month of May. :jinbtsyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

9 hours ago, JenL said:

Wow, that's the first time I've heard of that happening. This is based on a webtoon right?

Hahaha this is real? Wow! The power of BTS huh! :idk:

Hahaha will you review McDonalds? Like this guy: https://metro.co.uk/2016/02/22/blogger-travels-the-world-reviewing-the-weirdest-specials-at-mcdonalds-5710506/

Maybe we should make a Maccas review thread here - share the responsibility of trying all the weird international McDonalds offerings. :laugh:

HAHAHAHA, no need for a Maccas review thread.....the result is always going to be good. :CharmanderYay:

6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Yes! It launches next month! Yay! Guess I'm going to be eating at McD's for the month of May. :jinbtsyes:

Aww yiiisss...Welcome to my diet....well almost. Just throw in some KFC, Pizza, Redbull and Boba, then we're on track. hahahahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: Nevertheless --

@LaLa @JenLWatched the first two episodes of Taxi Driver. Absolutely loving it so far. Totally my kind of drama. Cool Main Lead (I didn't even know it was the main lead from Signal), a team of cool people to get the bad guys and a synthesizer soundtrack that gets me grooving on my seat. It has this agent vibe, that I loved in so many dramas before ( Man X Man, Healer).

I don't know if I ever mentioned it, but I really, really hate violence against women. It's so hard to watch for me, so I really needed to pull myself together and endure some scenes from the first two episodes. There are two scenes from Healer that haunt me till this day because they displayed a similiar topic. It's so hard for me to watch. I have a really protective instinct and I can't relay on my chair watching stuff like this.  

I felt so sorry for her, so I was totally involved in punishing the baddies.

I will watch Ep 3 + 4 tomorrow and head to the drama thread afterwards and join you there. For now, I have to sleep.   

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Oh you poor, poor stropp. Could be way worse. 

BTS is having a coop with McD and one of my girl groups had a collab with noudle soups. :pandabonk: Don't you dare to complain. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1
18 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

This is my schedule. Must admit it's harder now that I'm WFO

You are truly amazing. :btsnamjoonlove: I always attempt to watch this many and I end up dropping a lot of them after a while. 

I rarely eat take out but for BTS, I will. I guess I'll have to take exercising seriously now. :laugh:

• Haha 6
17 hours ago, JenL said:

It's been on pause since Episode 2 for me. I'm not sure if I'll finish it :idk: Is it terrible if I say I'm not drawn in by any of those actresses either?

Missy, you're on episode 2 (and didn't even finish from the sound of it :smug:). It's still in the introduction stage. And you're a girl, you should be drawn to the actors, not the actresses. :GrowDerp: Leave the actresses for the boys LOL LOL! There are character development for the main casts - it overall is a very well written drama that's hard to come by. 

17 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha I was scarred by Zhang Yimou's Raise the Red Lantern - where the seemingly nice kind gentle one was the evil "face of Buddha, heart of devil" concubine.

*Coughhhh* This movie is super old! I remember watching it and hating it, not because the story sucks but just how pathetic a woman's life was back in those days. Makes me appreciate I'm not born in that era. I'd trade this show with The Joy Luck Club any time though.

16 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Yesterday while researching new dramas I read about an upcoming drama that started with the "handsome" main lead "being a 999year old nine-tailed fox". I was a bit sad, because the female lead was Hyeri of Girls Day, which was one of my first Kpop crush when I way young(er).

LMAO. You've no idea. I was devasted when this drama news was announced. @SilverMoonTea and I even decided we won't watch it only to..... succumb to Oppa's handsome face. So we will try but no guarantee we will keep on. I drop JKY's Born Again like a hot potato. Born Again's writer is like that Manhole writer, on crack or something.

16 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Uhhh, we have some potential neck on the line. Now things get exciting, NOW I am interested. Or to use my Hans Landa impression, Uhhh, now that's a BINGO.  Okay, okay, okay, I give it a shot. I try to squeeze in one or two episodes during the weekend. If there is neck and it passes the list, I watch the first two episodes. 

Well, if you do and like it, do come in the thread to say hello~ wouldn't mind reading a guy's perspective on this slice of life drama.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

SXTqwoa.gif

~ ♥ ~

Attention, easy money & no scam involved!

To revive my dying Book Lounge thread. I decided to give 3 winners who write a good review of their favourite book, with each 120 Haven pts (from my own pockets). So the decision is bias by me 😆

Can start post in Book Lounge now & close by Sunday 25th April, 8pm KST. 

Adobe-Stock-113754596-e1553489061804.jpg

I know you guys love oppas more than books. But books also have a lot of benefits. It cure my insomnia. I will doze off after couple of pages easily.

• Haha 10

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

❤ Bossam Drama : Link 

❤ Bossam Couple : Link 

12 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

To revive my dying Book Lounge thread. I decided to give 3 winners who write a good review of their favourite book, with each 120 Haven pts (from my own pockets). So the decision is bias by me 😆

Can start post in Book Lounge now & close by Sunday 25th April, 8pm KST. 

oh my god ...I cannot remember the last time I read a proper book. Think it was 10 years ago. :Mimed:.

This money of yours , I cannot earn. Maybe you may have more luck asking @ktcjdrama

@LaLa ManHole.....I think it was okay what they tried to do initially but the drama lost its way. The lead actor has no dramas since then right?

@Dhakra Yeah forgot to tell you that Lee Je Hoon (from Signal ) is on Taxi Driver. Pop by the thread later when you're free

3 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

Thanks @LaLa for helping me promote Undercover :wow: I should employ @SilverMoonTea tactic of giving out 'presents' for watching the drama :laugh: (but can not...i am poor)

She is the chaebol of JH ...she can just throw money la...she got residual income on the most active JH thread. Check the shippers . :cool:

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

Missing: The Other side Mon-Tues : Racket Boys Wed-Thurs : Monthly House  Thurs: Hospital Playlist Fri-Sat : Voice 4  Sat - Nevertheless Sat- Sun: The Devil Judge  C-drama : - 

19 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Attention,easy money & no scam involved!

Considering how rich you are, how about 1,200 pts instead? 😂 You'll earn it back real quick!

• Haha 9

@SilverMoonTea please throw us some 1200 pts as @Chocolate said...then i MIGHT attempt to write a good review of a book I read when...dont know when a longggg time ago :heiboi: I wish you would allow me to just write sth about what we read recently (not necessarily book)...

@abs-oluteM her shipper thread struck gold! It's like the most flourishing thread in the whole JH world!

• Haha 8

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; Hospital Playlist S2; Bossam

11 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

@SilverMoonTea please throw us some 1200 pts as @Chocolate said...then i MIGHT attempt to write a good review of a book I read when...dont know when a longggg time ago :heiboi: I wish you would allow me to just write sth about what we read recently (not necessarily book)...

@abs-oluteM her shipper thread struck gold! It's like the most flourishing thread in the whole JH world!

1200x3 , I will become commoner again then. No... hahaa....120 thats the deal. Take it or leave it 🤣

• Haha 7

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

❤ Bossam Drama : Link 

❤ Bossam Couple : Link 

1 hour ago, SnowBlob said:

please throw us some 1200 pts as @Chocolate said...then i MIGHT attempt to write a good review of a book

So I guess this forum has a...Worker’s fee payment plan huh 🤣

Anyways. I’m here today to confess that I have an unhealthy obsession with cat memes...

Spoiler

7-CE7-A2-CD-DADB-45-B8-BDFE-1-BA4-C5-C4-
C083-B1-BC-CFA5-4-F39-91-F5-C6-BDBBD8609
34-B685-F6-F47-E-47-EE-890-C-83-E7437-FF
455-C7-BCC-89-B5-4-A39-B77-F-39861-DCBC1
582-ED202-7817-4-EFD-9-F9-C-BE685-D55320
86006-BEF-B7-F9-4-E19-8196-C7-F2-BE68-EA
998-E417-C-062-D-4305-AC2-D-C973-EF7-C1-
B5-F46518-59-CE-4052-BA1-E-8-ECF2695318-
B93-D0516-4425-4948-96-B4-EB65-A571-F386
B98-FFBF5-6-F72-43-BD-A736-94-E8-F1-F2-D
BB61-C67-A-BC7-F-488-C-A6-BD-81-E9-FA11-
C94-A6-C20-88-A8-4268-A25-D-11-D18-D567-

• Haha 7

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Maybe you may have more luck asking @ktcjdrama

😆 Although I can still remember the last time I read a proper book was couple years back, nowadays there isn’t enough time to read. So many dramas to catch up on, and if not, I’d be playing Animal Crossing😂

• Haha 7

bwYKzQ9.png
cr: silverhtree

Currently watching: Racket // Magazine // Gumiho // Hospital // Love // Voice

1 hour ago, SnowBlob said:

you re still playing animals crossing? I knew u r playing it since 1 or 2 years ago? 

The one I'm playing is AC New Horizon, which only came out like a little over a year ago... so in my defence, I've only been playing one year, hahaaa.... but yeah, I only play when there are events now.

• Like 5

bwYKzQ9.png
cr: silverhtree

Currently watching: Racket // Magazine // Gumiho // Hospital // Love // Voice

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

I rarely eat take out but for BTS, I will. I guess I'll have to take exercising seriously now. :laugh:

Looks like I'm about to have more McDonalds friends in a few weeks. ShoutOut to BTS for that. hahaha :laugh:

Might treat myself to McDonalds for lunch tomorrow.....hahahaha

• Haha 5

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: Nevertheless --