Havenites Dabang

9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Well, if you do and like it, do come in the thread to say hello~ wouldn't mind reading a guy's perspective on this slice of life drama.

9 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Dhakra Yeah forgot to tell you that Lee Je Hoon (from Signal ) is on Taxi Driver. Pop by the thread later when you're free

I was totally surprised when I saw his face, it was a very pleasant surprise. 

I will join the thread later tonight when I finished the latest episodes, Taxi Driver is one of those dramas that you need to watch when the sun went down for more atmosphere. 

@Dhakra So glad you love Healer. It was my fave in 2014 (I think?)...

Chances are that this was also recommended to me by @abs-oluteMback then, but I loved it so much. I actually even participated in a rewatch event not too long ago for it. Healer is definitely one of my faves. But how could it not? Mysterious agent like lone wolf beating up bad guys with his team and falling in love with the girl?

I remember talking about JCW's acting a lot, that his acting was so superb, you could have placed monkeys in every other role than his and the drama would have worked aswell, since his acting was so insanely good. 

I also developed a HEAVY ahjumma crush back then on Do Ji-Won :pandalove: I remember talking a lot to abs back then about the drama and continuely swooning over a back then 50y old ahjumma being the prettiest. :scaredpanda2:

But I mean.....

Spoiler

Do Ji-Won - IMDb

Come on!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
18 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Well, technically I found it on my own....so~

Hahaha oh I never said I said introduced this drama :lenny:...Only that my work was done because I had supported my current favourite drama by throwing my support towards it fully :laugh:

19 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Exactly, that's another reason. Watching stuff that has already aired feels like you are always late to the party and you talk about stuff that was relevant to other people weeks or even months ago. And their reaction of trying to remember the stuff you just watched feels so weird. 

Yes, these are my sentiments also!! I totally agree with you - I feel FOMO if I watch a drama and I LOVE it but there's no one around to share the same sense of love anymore :letalQQ:

But with that said, there are very few dramas that I love deeply. If I just enjoy and like the drama, but don't love-love it, then I'm fine to watch it anytime because that sense of FOMO won't be there...but it's impossible to know what you will be addicted to vs. what you will just enjoy (but can detach comfortably from) prior to actually watching the series :idk: To minimise risk it's like what @Dhakra says - better to watch live :laugh:

I can and do watch dramas that have finished airing though and I definitely make exceptions for dramas that everyone has loved in the past but that I missed (Janghaven peeps are good at talking about old dramas with me :BulbaOWO: Especially @mademoiselle who I do trust for recommendations even though I don't bite for all of them!)

But yeah, if it's like a drama from 10 years ago, I missed the boat and it's loooong gone now. :idk:

19 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Yep, especially old dramas with all sorts of filters, flashing bright colors or bad equipment in general stuff feels so wonky. That's one thing why I haven't finished Coffee prince yet after 5 attempts of watching it completely for once.  

Understandable! So much has improved over the years that it can be cringey and hard to focus on the story if you're not feeling the production quality. :shocked:

I started with Coffee Prince so it always has a fond spot in my memories. I also don't generally re-watch dramas so I don't think about how the production quality has aged and I have a hazy memory of the story - all I know is Gong Yoo spends a lot of time thinking he's going insane or changed his gender preference due to YEH dressed as a boy :laugh:. One of the main things I love about Coffee Prince is that it has more of an K-indie/alternative soundtrack as oppose to K-pop. My taste in music is not popular for the K-drama world, so that drama was a gem. Also I visited the Coffee Prince filming site when I was in Korea and it was such a pretty cafe...such happy memories! ...Sorry you have to miss out, though I'm sure you're fine with not watching it! :smile:

11 hours ago, TRaNz said:

HAHAHAHA, no need for a Maccas review thread.....the result is always going to be good. :CharmanderYay:

You have a lot of trust in Maccas! :laugh: 

Missy, you're on episode 2 (and didn't even finish from the sound of it :smug:). It's still in the introduction stage. And you're a girl, you should be drawn to the actors, not the actresses. :GrowDerp: Leave the actresses for the boys LOL LOL! There are character development for the main casts - it overall is a very well written drama that's hard to come by. 

Hahahaha. I swear I finished Episode 2. But I'm not a fan of disgusting things like gore/suicide-cutting scenes/ monsters and that was pretty main central to the first 2 episodes :lettalKWA:

The only exception to this rule is Zombie films/ genre for some reason I cannot explain :thinking: Maybe it's because the guys are pretty hot in zombie genre :smug: - Gong Yoo (Train to Busan), Steven Yeun (The Walking Dead), Jung Ga Ram (The Odd Family: Zombie for sale:laugh:

I know Song Kang is your dear, dear Oppa...so don't hurt me when I say this...but he doesn't grab me with his looks or choice of projects. It's true that they look like solid dramas that will be meaningful/popular, but yeah no interest for some reason. Sorry :pandablank: 

I also find that weirdly enough I need to at least be ok with the actresses. Not really a fan of GMS or PGY for reasons unknown to me...it's like @Chocolate's aversion to Jang Nara :idk: Hahaha am I as fussy as @Dhakra yet? :laugh: But you never know I might get around to finishing it one day. 

10 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

*Coughhhh* This movie is super old! I remember watching it and hating it, not because the story sucks but just how pathetic a woman's life was back in those days. Makes me appreciate I'm not born in that era. I'd trade this show with The Joy Luck Club any time though.

It is! I only watched it like 5 or 6 years or so ago at work and I loved it. I don't generally like concubine stories because it's like you said, the women's lives were so sad and they lived to please an old man without any freedom :letalQQ:. But I think I loved it because of the story-telling - it was exciting and it was one of those stories where despite not liking any of the characters, I sympathised with them at different points of the tale, so I suppose they were quite rich as characters with their personalities and motives. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@Dhakra Do Ji Won was really good in Healer, but then again, all of them were! I put most of the credits on the writer Song Ji Na. For me, Hacker Ahjumma Kim Mee Kyung is the most SWAG of them all.

E11-Ahjumma.gif

41 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hahahaha. I swear I finished Episode 2. But I'm not a fan of disgusting things like gore/suicide-cutting scenes/ monsters and that was pretty main central to the first 2 episodes! 

The only exception to this rule is Zombie films/ genre for some reason I cannot explain :thinking: Maybe it's because the guys are pretty hot in zombie genre - Gong Yoo (Train to Busan), Steven Yeun (The Walking Dead), Jung Ga Ram (The Odd Family: Zombie for sale)

I know Song Kang is your dear, dear Oppa...so don't hurt me when I say this...but he doesn't grab me with his looks or choice of projects. It's true that they look like solid dramas that will be meaningful/popular, but yeah no interest for some reason. Sorry.

I also find that weirdly enough I need to at least be ok with the actresses. Not really a fan of GMS or PGY for reasons unknown to me...it's like @Chocolate's aversion to Jang Nara :idk: Hahaha am I as fussy as @Dhakra yet? :laugh: But you never know I might get around to finishing it one day. 

LOL. From what I can deduce it came down to low tolerance for the monsters/gore - which is a pity because it isn't too bad afterwards as the show then focus more on the humans and their character development. And the second reason is...

Spoiler

No Oppa/Lee Jae Wook.

Bet you would binge it if he's in there regardless of monsters or gore.

As for Song Kang, lol, I feel compel to clarify. He did made it into my Oppa list but that's mainly because (1) I thought he has the potential to be the next rising star so I wanna stake my claim early :laugh:and (2) good looks. However, I'm not deeply in love with him (yet) and acknowledge he has shortcomings (for lack of acting experience), not the best in acting amongst some of his peers and still has room for improvement. That said, Sweet Home is actually his best role played (again, you gotta see the character development) and best choice for drama thus far, even Lee Do Hyun wanted his role (and because everybody wants to play this role).

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, JenL said:

It is! I only watched it like 5 or 6 years or so ago at work and I loved it. I don't generally like concubine stories because it's like you said, the women's lives were so sad and they lived to please an old man without any freedom. But I think I loved it because of the story-telling - it was exciting and it was one of those stories where despite not liking any of the characters, I sympathised with them at different points of the tale, so I suppose they were quite rich as characters with their personalities and motives. 

I remember my aunt said she was disappointed that Gong Li's character was a university student and she in the end lowered herself to the level of these concubines and fight for the love of the husband. In some ways I agree and on the other hand I also understand it was the only way to survive and be respected* in the household.

*As we've learnt enough, even servants will disrespect you if you have a low status.

Have you seen The Joy Luck Club then? It's a good movie. Tissue papers is a must.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
Just now, SilverMoonTea said:

Eh... I think write book review easier le. Can just cham cham do what? Lols... you guys going to write long professional summary is it? 🤣

For me it's not easy to write leh and I take writing proper review seriously! Must have nice picture with headings etc :niu: You're talking to OCD people here. Have you not seen @Chocolate's HB's thread? LOL LOL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
Just now, mademoiselle said:

For me it's not easy to write leh and I take writing proper review seriously! Must have nice picture with headings etc :niu: You're talking to OCD people here. Have you not seen @Chocolate's HB's thread? LOL LOL.

:eeeee:

Ahaha so stress ah, then you guys can do the 60 foods name lols.... 

@LaLaYour competitor a bit scary. They took this very seriously. 😅🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

23 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Yep to both of them. Slice of life dramas or thrillers, crime stuff, action, agents, law, judges. I also like a sweet romance on the sidelines or ship the leads of a thriller/crime drama if it's done well. Queen of Mystery for example.

Hahaha maybe we have somewhat similar taste then! I like a lot of these genres! :BulbaOWO: And Weight Lifting Fairy is just one of those super-cute romances/ slice of life with warmth and humour that I love so much.

But I'm still not going to recommend dramas to save my neck though :lenny:

23 hours ago, Dhakra said:

I loved "The Package", it totally flew under the radar back then. It sometimes struggled a bit with pacing, but it was such a well written drama with beautiful locations, exceptional dialogues and the prettiest, down to earth main lead I can imagine. It had some story flaws, but it asked some very interesting, good questions.  

I liked the Package too. Hahaha I was watching mainly for Yong Hwa, but like you said the story was a nice slice of life that made you think about life. It also introduced me to Park Yoo Na who I like. And the travel in that drama was so nice. I love how scenic it was :heart:

• Like 6

11 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Attention, easy money & no scam involved!

Hahaha somehow my scam alert just heighted already. I was like, "Why is ad blocker not working on this dodgy looking message?" :thinking::lenny:

To revive my dying Book Lounge thread. I decided to give 3 winners who write a good review of their favourite book, with each 120 Haven pts (from my own pockets). So the decision is bias by me 😆

Can start post in Book Lounge now & close by Sunday 25th April, 8pm KST. 

Whooaaaa so rich to donate points like this :poliWeird:

You just reminded me that I borrowed a book like 2 weeks ago and didn't start it! I'll start reading, but 25th April is too soon to write a review for a book I'm going to start tomorrow :psweatduck: Maybe I could review an older book?

I know you guys love oppas more than books. But books also have a lot of benefits. It cure my insomnia. I will doze off after couple of pages easily.

Haha maybe we should read books about our Oppas. I like to look at Jasper's photobook :smug:

qp39YGl.png

13 hours ago, Dhakra said:

@LaLa @JenLWatched the first two episodes of Taxi Driver. Absolutely loving it so far. Totally my kind of drama. Cool Main Lead (I didn't even know it was the main lead from Signal), a team of cool people to get the bad guys and a synthesizer soundtrack that gets me grooving on my seat. It has this agent vibe, that I loved in so many dramas before ( Man X Man, Healer).

Yasssss....I knew you would like it! :CharmanderYay:

Lee Je Hoon is just too damn cool. But also such a dork. It's a winning combination.

hVGdRTH.gif

I'm pretty sure I've used this gif on every thread in JH now :wow2:

8 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

@SilverMoonTea but ur beloved thread will earn you 3600 points in a week or so? :PsyWhat: what about 1200/3 ? Hahahahahaha 

I know right. Her shipper thread is a money making treeeeee :pandatakeit:

4 hours ago, TRaNz said:

Looks like I'm about to have more McDonalds friends in a few weeks. ShoutOut to BTS for that. hahaha :laugh:

Might treat myself to McDonalds for lunch tomorrow.....hahahaha

Haha, loyal customer to Maccas even without BTS :cool: They should give you some lifetime service award with freebies :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Taxi Driver is one of those dramas that you need to watch when the sun went down for more atmosphere. 

Hahaha I only watch dramas when the sun goes down :idk:

I'm like a vampire (ghost? grimreaper?) I guess :pandagrim:

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

LOL. From what I can deduce it came down to low tolerance for the monsters/gore - which is a pity because it isn't too bad afterwards as the show then focus more on the humans and their character development.

Well, this does sound like the main element I like about zombie-survival shows - a study of human nature...:pandadisgusted: I just don't like monsters compared to zombies though (zombies more exciting and lame simultaneously. Monsters are just gross :shocked:)

I'll try my best to finish it, but no promises :idk:

And the second reason is...

No Oppa/Lee Jae Wook.

Bet you would binge it if he's in there regardless of monsters or gore.

Hahahaha you're not wrong. LJW would convince me, no problems :cool:

Too bad he's not in it :laugh:

even Lee Do Hyun wanted his role (and because everybody wants to play this role).

I do love LDH :heart: But is he only the side character to Song Kang in SH? I feel like Song Kang came out of nowhere (well out of Love Alarm which I avoided) and suddenly he's in every second drama this year. He is super hard working, I'll give him that :MewHi: But yeah, even his upcoming project "I know, but" doesn't strike any chords with me. But yeah, I see him becoming super popular.

In some ways I agree and on the other hand I also understand it was the only way to survive and be respected* in the household.

*As we've learnt enough, even servants will disrespect you if you have a low status.

Yeah I felt like it's only survival in those times. It's not like you had real choices - we're so use to choice that we project it onto the past sometimes. But her character was not good at playing those mind/ strategy games that concubines play... which leads to tragic outcomes. :letalQQ:

Have you seen The Joy Luck Club then? It's a good movie. Tissue papers is a must.

Oooh I haven't! I'll put it on the list. I'm not a crier though. I've cried in like 3-5 movies over my entire life...I'm a bit soulless like that. But one time it was over that Star-gazing Japanese dog movie :idk:They hurt the dog and that hurt me.

For me it's not easy to write leh and I take writing proper review seriously! Must have nice picture with headings etc :niu: You're talking to OCD people here. 

Hahaha this sounds like a school project :shocked2:

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, JenL said:

Understandable! So much has improved over the years that it can be cringey and hard to focus on the story if you're not feeling the production quality. :shocked:

Exactly. Just the old look of dramas are already enough to make me not wanna watch it. Maybe we're spoiled from all the HD stuff and overall high quality pictures, but I just can't watch old stuff anymore.  

4 hours ago, JenL said:

...Sorry you have to miss out, though I'm sure you're fine with not watching it! 

I am totally fine. :pandarage2: I remember the second OTP was killing the drama for me over and over again. 

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@Dhakra Do Ji Won was really good in Healer, but then again, all of them were! I put most of the credits on the writer Song Ji Na. For me, Hacker Ahjumma Kim Mee Kyung is the most SWAG of them all.

I liked her role and overall task in the drama, being the only one who truly knows everything about JCW, she definitely had SWAG. but Do Ji Won was just such a pure warm hearted soul, so nice and pretty. And the amount of cooking she always did. 

Sigh.....I begin to swoon again :pandalove:

2 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha maybe we have somewhat similar taste then! I like a lot of these genres! :BulbaOWO: And Weight Lifting Fairy is just one of those super-cute romances/ slice of life with warmth and humour that I love so much.

But I'm still not going to recommend dramas to save my neck though :lenny:

I liked the Package too. Hahaha I was watching mainly for Yong Hwa, but like you said the story was a nice slice of life that made you think about life. It also introduced me to Park Yoo Na who I like. And the travel in that drama was so nice. I love how scenic it was :heart:

Fairy was just a nice watch, something that you could turn on and just feel warm and fuzzy. No bad guys, no life threating things to fear, no one to defeat, just a couple of people struggling with everyday problems and two people discovering love. That combined with the interesting world of sport and we had a perfect fit. 

Well, like I said, I totally loved Lee Yun Hee's role as cute, struggling korean foreigner in France trying to "survive" and live her life as a travel guide. The shots were beautiful, the nights were always calm and meaningful and it many conversations were quite interesting. Although I did not agree on every outcome or how they handled solutions, I found a lot for myself. 

And on top, they played a german classical song at one point and it felt magical for me.

2 hours ago, JenL said:

Yasssss....I knew you would like it! :CharmanderYay:

When the syntheziser started for the first time and the camera moved around the taxi, the lifting ramp went up I was TOTALLY grooving on my seat back and forth, totally ready to get these baddied. I actually was surprised that this drama is really (so far) about taking law into their own hands and not stopping at death. They really killed all of them. The did to them what they did to their victims and I actually enjoyed it :pandagrim: Putting that insurance lady into one of those barrels, letting her freeze to death like they tried to do to Marie? 

Absolutely felt good somehow. :pandapirate:

1 hour ago, JenL said:

Hahaha I only watch dramas when the sun goes down :idk:

I'm like a vampire (ghost? grimreaper?) I guess :pandagrim:

Hahaha yeah. I do that with a lot of things. 

Fun Fact, I sometimes even wait on text messages until the sun went down and then reply, because I know with the sun going down, I am totally in a different mood. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
7 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha I was watching mainly for Yong Hwa

A Yonghwa fan?? You should listen to his songs, they are original. He covers so many genres. I  like The Moment  (I posted it earlier a couple of days ago),  it has a French jazzy style. Also Diamond Girl, with CNBLUE, with a Latino beat. So many others. I lost count. Oh and the OST of Daebak Real Estate, a bit of country music. And of course rap and techno. He is so versatile.

Try this one 

Edited by Nohamahmoud2002
  • Like 8
13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@TRaNz You just got me checking McD's website / SNS for any new updates. And I'm not even an ARMY. But I'm excited to see y'all share your story (and pictures of BTS I hope)...lol. On SNS everybody is asking where it'll be available - Perth? NSW? LOLLL. ARMY is getting ready :pandatakeit::btslove:

Mmmm, I got no idea, I just assumed it'll be all McDonalds.

You what would be funny if McDonalds release the meal but its just different food items in one special order called BTS. and like there was no BTS pictures or anything on the packaging. Just all standard Maccas wrappers, but maybe with the letters BTS on the bag. LMFAO. HAHAHAHAHA

9 hours ago, JenL said:

Haha, loyal customer to Maccas even without BTS :cool: They should give you some lifetime service award with freebies :laugh:

haha I've been told this sooo many times in the last several years AND I pray McDonalds recognize me...but sadly they don't. haha

If there was a loyalty scheme with Maccas it would most likely just make me eat it more. hahahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

56 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha you must have chosen Buy & Store. Just go to My Item and you should ideally find it there. Click "Redeem"

Thanks! How do you use it as emoji? 

edit: nvm, abs taught me already 😉

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love