Havenites Dabang

34 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I don't know how you guys can still remember because I have no memory of the kiss at all. Hahaha. As for Nana, I actually like Nana in Kill It. It's just the drama is a huge disappointment.

Because it was so bad that you have erased it from your memory!

And Kill It plot - cat resuscitation. :shocked2: That was all I could remember before I dropped it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Talking about that kiss from the Liar & his Lover - my god that can hardly be called a kiss. It was two sets of lips lightly touching.

:laugh:There was so much space between their chins, you have have parked a small car between it. I still imagine how the producer on set was next to them with a ruler and a magnifier in hand to make sure the lips were just barely touching. Just don't upset any fans and spoil her image of being pure. 

So glad we got a second real kiss by the second OTP though.

43 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I don't know how you guys can still remember because I have no memory of the kiss at all.

If you mean Liar, the one we talk about was with them being on a bike. There was another potential one in a phone booth, but although they both were in the right neck positioning, it was clearly visible that their lips were always 2cm apart from each other :laugh:

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Except for Kill It

Gosh, the end was so bad :scaredpanda2: But I watched it til the end because I LOVED the second lead. Roh Jeong-Eui was so pretty. 

Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Dhakra

Roh Jeong Eui continues to be pretty in 18 Again :smug:

Joy has a lot of kisses in Temptation. Still I must have erases it..but most likely it wasn't worth remembering.

P

@abs-oluteM

You think 18 Again is something Dhakra will enjoy?

LOL, I don't remember cat resuscitation. I remember baby resuscitation in Dr. Strange.

Morning @mirmz

Have a good weekend to you too. It's Monday Blues for me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Roh Jeong Eui continues to be pretty in 18 Again

If I would have watched every drama of any second lead I ever loved or thought was beautiful I probably would have watched every drama in existence.

Second leads are always better. 

You think 18 Again is something Dhakra will enjoy?

A couple being married WITH KIDS? And then he gets younger again? How in the world would I be able to enjoy that?

Haven't you learned anything?

200.gif

Joy has a lot of kisses in Temptation. Still I must have erases it..but most likely it wasn't worth remembering

I hope they were better in Temptation than in Liar. 

Edited by Dhakra
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

You've made exceptions before so that's what I have learnt.

But with neck, sweat and tears on the line. (BTS really should have named their song like this) :laugh:

I never thought I would say the following line in my life, but @abs-oluteM is a bit like Lee Bo Young. I already know this sentence will haunt me and will be quoted in the future.:scaredpanda2:

She recommended me so much good stuff, if she puts her neck on the line for something, especially something I dislike, I know I should look into it, if I have the time. :pandasipsip:

I'm a bit like Baek from Taxi Driver....minus the illegal stuff, killing people, beating people, caring only for money, paying people, loaning money, being cold like ice, sleeping with shady guys.... and I probably don't look as good........so basically like I said.....I have absolutely nothing in common with her.....but one thing we have in common, I work with trust.

You know how many dramas people throw at you with tons of praises? You need to filter! 

So I made exceptions......for @abs-oluteM and.... once for kokodus......but lil sis is a different story. 

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Yes but still not memorable

Probably because the actor was more well known, but I guess that's a typical still active idol disease. When an idol is caught dating, hell is raining down on them, you can imagine if there is actual visual material of them kissing someone, even if its just on television. 

1am :pandasipsip: Now it's my time to shine. I noticed I write at double speed after midnight 

Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

@mademoiselle the one I really think is up @Dhakra’s alley is Do You Like Brahms. The male lead’s arc is something he will identify with , the romance is his thing . It’s classical music. And there is also the 2nd FL whom annoyed me , but knowing him , he may actually like her . Lol! 

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

41 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

But with neck, sweat and tears on the line. (BTS really should have named their song like this) :laugh:

I never thought I would say the following line in my life, but @abs-oluteM is a bit like Lee Bo Young. I already know this sentence will haunt me and will be quoted in the future.:scaredpanda2:

She recommended me so much good stuff, if she puts her neck on the line for something, especially something I dislike, I know I should look into it, if I have the time. :pandasipsip:

I'm a bit like Baek from Taxi Driver....minus the illegal stuff, killing people, beating people, caring only for money, paying people, loaning money, being cold like ice, sleeping with shady guys.... and I probably don't look as good........so basically like I said.....I have absolutely nothing in common with her.....but one thing we have in common, I work with trust.

You know how many dramas people throw at you with tons of praises? You need to filter! 

So I made exceptions......for @abs-oluteM and.... once for kokodus......but lil sis is a different story. 

Just let me keep this as a record 🤣😂🤣😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
8 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle the one I really think is up @Dhakra’s alley is Do You Like Brahms. The male lead’s arc is something he will identify with , the romance is his thing . It’s classical music. And there also the 2nd FL whom annoyed me , but knowing him , he may actually like her . Lol! 

tenor.gif

Yeah......yeah......Keep going......uhhh the FL is the FL of Judge vs Judge. I like it, I like it. 

Classical music...oh yeah....grooooovey~

A 2nd lead that annoyed Queen noonalicious? She must be perfect, nice and h-h-h-h-hooot~

Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

@mademoiselleBuuut alrightey, to make it a little easier I give you the rare list of things I like in a drama. 

• Classical Music, Kpop or anything you can jam to. 
  • A great OST
  • Slice of Life
  • Melodrama
  • Sport/Soccer
  • Any dramas that can teach me something
  • Male first lead I can identify with
  • Agents
  • Assassins
  • Lone Wolfs
  • Army/War
  • Teams that go against the baddies/companies or work in any other way together to achieve something
  • Lee Bo Young 
  • A beautiful 2nd lead, that is actually way better than the first lead. Examples can be requested.
  • Crime stuff
  • Law or Judges. 
  • Revenge Stories

@abs-oluteMDo you remember Strongest Deliveryman? I noticed it was missing from my list and I remembered the CUTE 2nd lead there. I noticed it was from 2017! Time passes so fast!

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
26 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle the one I really think is up @Dhakra’s alley is Do You Like Brahms. The male lead’s arc is something he will identify with , the romance is his thing . It’s classical music. And there is also the 2nd FL whom annoyed me , but knowing him , he may actually like her . Lol! 

Plus I wouldn't touch "Do You Like Brahms" with a barge pole 😂 Since Dhakra and I are complete opposites...

9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Vincenzo barely have any romance 😫. Hint here and there only. Grrr. The kiss was so beautiful though (and precious if there's no more, LOL).

There's only so much I can take. I find it very difficult to watch Korean romance since I am indifferent to a lot of the actors.

9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

How did you go with Designated Survivor 60 Days?

It's not bad in terms of story. The pacing could be faster though. I asked @abs-oluteM if her oppa is good here but she says he is "interesting" 😭🤔😂 = I take it to mean he's bad again 😆 Probably wrecked by some war-time issues and now wants to get rid of government type.

I like the Chief Secretary too (Seok-koo). But can't stand the assistant girl (Yoon-young) - she talks and talks but there's nothing useful. So please don't have a romance between them 🙏 Ji Jin-hee - his acting is meh - same expression throughout - I am at episode 10 and still no improvement. Doesn't bode well for Undercover.

• Haha 5

@Chocolate I like Seok Soo too :love:!!! Too bad he isn't in a lot of drama (and even less that I like).  

@Dhakra You've got a very extensive list there... Have you seen Hot Stove League? or Live? 

@Jane I was going to continue watching Arashi's Diary only to find the site where I go to watch them... is going through sth atm TT_TT

Good morning everyone~~ 

And I shall go back to doing my assignment :pandablind:

• Like 5

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

Awww @mademoiselle that was indeed a great speech. It was funny and yet sincere. Glad that she had the opportunity to attend the Oscars in person, and instead of all the awards being online. I remember first watching Youn Yuh-jung in Master in the House - she was so respected and the 4 of them were so scared of her. No one wanted to sit next to her 🤣

The Oscars stage area looks lovely. Since crowd is smaller, it's a great idea to use a smaller location than the large auditorium. Korea should learn from this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
11 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Do you remember Strongest Deliveryman? I noticed it was missing from my list and I remembered the CUTE 2nd lead there. I noticed it was from 2017! Time passes so fast!

Oooh. You like this one? This is one drama where I liked the second OTP more and yes, they were cute. But then I've also met people who didn't like the actress.

11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle the one I really think is up @Dhakra’s alley is Do You Like Brahms. The male lead’s arc is something he will identify with, the romance is his thing. It’s classical music. And there is also the 2nd FL whom annoyed me, but knowing him, he may actually like her. Lol! 

@abs-oluteM Ooooh, I'd love it if more people watch and fall in love with "Do You Like Brahms?" actually.

@Dhakra Actors who bother to make an effort learning musical instruments and making sure what we see on-screen looks real = respect. I barely get girl crush on actresses but I think I crushed a little on Park Eun Bin.

Just wanted to share, so watch this: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CHSJORQnD_7/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

She and Kim Min Jae played this for real. She's still pitchy having learnt this for only a little more than 6 months but I give her :1000: for effort. Violin (string instrument) isn't easy, and she's managed to play the tune decently.

11 hours ago, Chocolate said:

It's not bad in terms of story. The pacing could be faster though. I asked @abs-oluteM if her oppa is good here but she says he is "interesting" 😭🤔😂 = I take it to mean he's bad again 😆 Probably wrecked by some war-time issues and now wants to get rid of government type.

I like the Chief Secretary too (Seok-koo). But can't stand the assistant girl (Yoon-young) - she talks and talks but there's nothing useful. So please don't have a romance between them 🙏 Ji Jin-hee - his acting is meh - same expression throughout - I am at episode 10 and still no improvement. Doesn't bode well for Undercover.

Yeah I agree about the pacing, especially the beginning. I was so so close to dropping and it finally got interesting. Afterwards I just could not NOT binge.

Her Oppa likes to play the non-typical characters in dramas xD I think it's nice that he seeks to do a wide variety of roles. I believe I liked his role in this one more than the sleazy lawyer in Stranger although that was a unique role too, lol. Most of the time I want to slap him in Stranger. xD But then he turns into this robotic sweet uptight Dr. Ye in A Poem A Day - love it.

Son Seok Koo is great in this one. I love him a lot esp. in latter episodes. I need him to do more shows. I totally want a S2 so that this team can reunite. LOL at your Ji Jin Hee comment. He's dashing when suited up. I can't vouch for his acting since he "wow" me with his looks more than his acting but his acting is alright, in the OK zone but definitely not to the point where I'd praise and swoon (e.g. like I did for SJK in Vincenzo last night). I'm not sure about Undercover too. Watch episode 1 and it did not stick.

6 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Awww @mademoiselle that was indeed a great speech. It was funny and yet sincere. Glad that she had the opportunity to attend the Oscars in person, and instead of all the awards being online. I remember first watching Youn Yuh-jung in Master in the House - she was so respected and the 4 of them were so scared of her. No one wanted to sit next to her 🤣

The Oscars stage area looks lovely. Since crowd is smaller, it's a great idea to use a smaller location than the large auditorium. Korea should learn from this.

I teared up a little - mainly because it's so rare to win an Oscar against the Westerners since this is "their territory". Another is when she mentioned thank you to her sons, making mummy work hard. On the surface it sounded like a joke but I can tell there are some hardships underneath it. I remember I saw a clip of her saying she got married, migrated to the US to avoid the then auditorian government ruling in the 80s. Those were hard times. She then was divorced and brought her sons back with her. She then picked up her acting career again after that.

LOL LOL. With the seniority in SK, young ones tend to get really tense and nervous when there's a big sunbae around. I can imagine the boys in Master in the House all sitting upright and straight with their hands on their thigh. And if they stand, they would be putting it in the front. She can come across quite intimidating at first but I think she's a cute old lady based on Youn's Kitchen/Youn's Stay.

Alright... me playing again. Note: Some of these dramas do not represent I like them. I'm just naming it based on genres.

Spoiler
  • Classical Music, Kpop or anything you can jam to. Do You Like Brahms?, Page Turner, When the Devil Calls My Name, Nodame Cantabile (this would be a must watch if you really love/want classical music based drama).
  • A great OST OST for songs or BGMs? For songs, I would say When the Devil Calls My Name & I don't know the extent of your music taste (and I can't vouch for the story).

This is one of the songs performed. Let me know how you like it. @abs-oluteM I thought Jung Kyung Ho could play guitar when I saw this and then learnt from HP he did not, LOL but now he really knows thanks to HP. Hahahaha.

• Slice of Life Dear My Friends, Navillera, Reply 1988, Live, Prison Playbook, My Ahjussi, Be Melodramatic.
  • Melodrama Youth of May (coming soon)
  • Sport/Soccer Hot Stove League
  • Any dramas that can teach me something Navillera, Misaeng. This is quite subjective. I can learn many things depending on the type of the dramas.
  • Male first lead I can identify with :idk: For you to know, for me to find out... lol.
  • Agents Mission: Possible (K-movie), Undercover
  • Assassins Don't think there's drama with this theme. Movies maybe.
  • Lone Wolfs I don't know what this is. We've got A Werewolf Boy if you like :eeeee:
  • Army/War Eeek, that's definitely the opposite of me. I don't like war shows.
  • Teams that go against the baddies/companies or work in any other way together to achieve something Vincenzo!!!
  • Lee Bo Young 
  • A beautiful 2nd lead, that is actually way better than the first lead. Examples can be requested. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
  • Crime stuff Hello Monster, Mouse, Voice, Live, Beyond Evil, Ten, Ten 2, Duel.
  • Law or Judges. Ms Hammurabi, Law School, Remember, The Witch's Court, Vincenzo, Stranger, Lawless Lawyer, Diary of A Prosecutor, Hyena, I Hear Your Voice,
  • Revenge Stories Penthouse :eeeee:, Dr. Prisoner.  I generally dislike revenge theme because it is likely it'll become either very melodramatic or makjang. Both are not my fave cuppa.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
48 minutes ago, Darkarcana said:

Recently I have this odd thing whereby whenever the sun sets, my mood sets as well and I become very sad...Moody...this is the third day and I'm just questioning why...it feels so torturous....:nervous: Anyone have any idea why...:letalQQ:

Maybe because quarantine at home for too long ? I did become more melo after covid stuff too. 

• Like 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

12 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

@Jane I was going to continue watching Arashi's Diary only to find the site where I go to watch them... is going through sth atm TT_TT

It seems to be working again! So you can try again tmr :MewGiggle:

Good evening everyone, I hope you are keeping well as we start a new week. How did April fly by so fast!

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

13 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Plus I wouldn't touch "Do You Like Brahms" with a barge pole 😂 Since Dhakra and I are complete opposites...

Uhhhh 

Kowalski «Noted» - Meming Wiki

Another plus point for "Do You Like Brahms".

13 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

@Dhakra You've got a very extensive list there... Have you seen Hot Stove League? or Live? 

No, I haven't. But anything with League in it sounds nice. 

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Oooh. You like this one? This is one drama where I liked the second OTP more and yes, they were cute. But then I've also met people who didn't like the actress.

Hold on young lady! I said I liked the 2nd FL, I ABSOLUTELY did not like the second OTP at all. He was a jerk and she was waaaaaay too good for him. I actually shipped her with the Main Lead. They would have been such a great couple. 

But yes, I liked the drama, it had some very funny scene and a nice plot overall. Nothing special, but a nice watch back then. 

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Actors who bother to make an effort learning musical instruments and making sure what we see on-screen looks real = respect. I barely get girl crush on actresses but I think I crushed a little on Park Eun Bin.

To be honest? Maybe that's just me, but that's what I demand from an actor/actress. Total determination to their role. I mean on one hand the craft of acting needs to be at least above average. If I see clunky conversations or superficial acting, I'm losing interest in seconds. 
I mean not anyone can be acting monsters like Lee Bo Young, Ji Chang-wook or Yoo Ji-Tae, but I admit I have expectations.

And that doesn't stop there, if your role has a special skill or in this case, plays an instrument, I expect them to practice it so hard, that they can actually play it at a decent level. 

37 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Maybe because quarantine at home for too long ? I did become more melo after covid stuff too. 

Yeah, same. Especially since the gyms have closed I feel the same way. Lack of sport. I actually seeked help in this regard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Darkarcana said:

Recently I have this odd thing whereby whenever the sun sets, my mood sets as well and I become very sad...Moody...this is the third day and I'm just questioning why...it feels so torturous....:nervous: Anyone have any idea why...:letalQQ:

Awww... try just going out. With friends or just exercise etc. Sometimes we just need a change of environment.

• Like 2